• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I destroyed my fully upgraded legendary hex caster arc auto rifle and I got five energies and weapon parts. I did not get any telemetry item.

Is it guaranteed that you get the telemetry? Did I miss a step?

Mindlog

Meh. I once had a Nightfall Legendary Engram decode to one Strange Coin.

I think I want to buy one more Void Wizzard 77, but after that I'm all out of ideas. All of my characters could hit the Vanguard mark cap next week, but there's nothing to spend it on. Wish we could roll engrams or something at 200 Marks.

I haven't found a really bad Fusion Rifle so complimenting them is almost pointless. However, Final Rest II might be my favorite right now. It has a really fast charge time and a deep clip. Wish I could purchase more of them with Marks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Meh. I once had a Nightfall Legendary Engram decode to one Strange Coin.

I think I want to buy one more Void Wizzard 77, but after that I'm all out of ideas. All of my characters could hit the Vanguard mark cap next week, but there's nothing to spend it on. Wish we could roll engrams or something at 200 Marks.

I haven't found a really bad Fusion Rifle so complimenting them is almost pointless. However, Final Rest II might be my favorite right now. It has a really fast charge time and a deep clip. Wish I could purchase more of them with Marks.
Okay Legendary Engram is definitely the worst possible nightfall reward. THAT shouldn't be in the table (unless strange coins/motes/shards/energy are removed from the engram drop table). still never seen that one myself.

edit: Never used Final Rest II. That's Dead Orbit's?

Man crucible is just too easy. I wish I could play against gaf in some custom games, you guys seem really good. I might pick up an xbone and halo while waiting for the DLC.

nowai

Thanks.

Just got a Red Death from a legendary engram in a tiger strike! How is this thing? I know, it's a pulse rifle, but...

Great for pvp, dookie for pve.

...but it is srsly super fun in pvp if you are a good shot. Don't let the rate of fire discourage you.

It's awesome to be in a firefight, kill someone, get healed and go straight back into the fight without having to hide and recover your health.

Okay Legendary Engram is definitely the worst possible nightfall reward. THAT shouldn't be in the table (unless strange coins/motes/shards/energy are removed from the engram drop table). still never seen that one myself.

edit: Never used Final Rest II. That's Dead Orbit's?

Yeah, I got one via ranking up dead orbit. The awesome charge time means I can finally replace a rare one ive been using for crucible.

Strange coins aren't the worst nightfall reward, though 5 is a rough roll. legendaries are useful too. If it's a weapon but not a weapon you want, you can fully unlock it (not upgrade), and dismantle for 5 energies and a telemetry. Legendary armor is also useful unless you already have replacements to go in every exotic slot. The worst possible nightfall reward is an exotic weapon you already have and don't want a double of. it's impossible to level one practically just to dismantle, so it's 2-3 energy, when the actual nightfall energies reward is like 10-12. Strange Coins can never be something you don't want, even if it's just shards or energies eventually too, or telemetry, or sparrow upgrades, they let you pick.
hell, I'll forget otherwise, will jump in

ha my k/d certainly got a nice perk up playing with gaf yesterday

I would say the worst nightfall reward is an legendary engram that turns into 2 ascendant energies. That's what my cousin got last night. It's just not right. RNG should have limits

23JXOvd.jpg

worth noting that the other team dropped out midway through and got replaced.

Haha man that was a good game. Crimson crew was on our team with my friend and me for some games. He did good then he started getting put on the opposing team and eventually quit. Now he's just getting thrown into winless games haha.

nowai

Apparently it's deceptively good.

When I'm not using TLW, Hawkymoons or Fateballer it's my go to gun for pvp.

On the hunter, I always use a hand cannon, but I actually prefer Red Death on my lock and titan due to the built on reload speed increase. Fatebringer too of course. I almost never use Hawk or TLW on the lock or titan.

Ok so I've torn through all of the PvE content in this game...

... but what do I have to do to "git gud" at PvP?

Play a lot. Take note of what good players do and find a weapon you're comfortable with. Always try to get heavy ammo when it spawns.

Try to work on your aim in PvE if you can.

nowai

Most important thing to remember is patience.

The vast majority of player blindly run head first into firefights and throw themselves at the enemy.

Map knowledge and team work are the keys to victory.

Dante316

Lol...this was something, my team was down 400 points, other team needed just 2 kills to win, we somehow took control of all 3 points and went on a killing spree and winning

Was 1600 to 1970

Damn the PSN is so shitty it's impossible to look for a group for the raid. I've sent and received messages but impossible to read them ... It's been more than 20 minutes...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

1. Learn Map Choke Points
(There are a fuck ton of tunnels/pathways that flush to an open area, learn how to use this to your advantage)

2. Use scare tactic to your advantage
(If you see a fuck ton Fusion Rifles or Shotty whorea roaming, pull out Sniper and pick off a few. Use Praedyths/IB, a good Sniper with amazing stability that does wonders to all those chasing for that OHKO
Twilight Gap has nice straight line that can wreck the other side if you know how to scope the lane and pick them off
Watch them shuffling other ways to get you and get flushed into other fire

3. Control, GRAB only 2 Flags for FUCK SAKES, don't try to play Domination by grabbing all 3, you will fail, fail hard
Teams that keep swapping flags should be a resounding clusterfuck scenario for everyone, best option is to hover B flag, seriously
Don't leave that Area, it's annoying to Capture A all by yourself, while half your team grabs C, and all enemies spawn on top of you

4. Know the Heavy spawns, not just for yourself, but enemies lurking nearby
Some players have an internal clock readying them it's coming and you see the patterns change and they start camping certain areas

5. Learn Radar and use it to your advantage, crouching does have a benefit to it
If you see even a blink, that means enemies are crouched around a corner, flanking position, try to get advantage of getting behind them by using your jumping ability to loop around, it does work, Blink ability helps out here
You can even fake the radar and try to give your position away, and see enemies come chase you down, just move back to a point and pick them off

Alright so I've been defending Super Good Advice for the last couple of days and I have to say that it is a fantastic gun when you're in a pinch and need to play defensively.

It's a great gun on the smaller 3 vs 3 maps and it's definitely good on a few of the 6 vs 6 maps.

You can cut off an enemies path just by firing HUNDREDS of bullets in their direction. If I'm being chased by a couple of people and I know I'm likely going to die, I will turn around and just start unloading. No one wants to walk into a barrage of bullets.

People should probably give the gun a chance by using it in a different strategy.

I have sat in a spot and sprayed the gun for literally 10+ seconds just to discourage someone from going a certain way, and I'll still have 40+ rounds in the magazine.

Deku Tree

Play tons. Worked for me

last word did it for me

Play a lot. Take note of what good players do and find a weapon you're comfortable with. Always try to get heavy ammo when it spawns.

Try to work on your aim in PvE if you can.

I actually had a few things in mind for a basic pvp guide, i can spend some time on it tomorrow

Most important thing to remember is patience.

The vast majority of player blindly run head first into firefights and throw themselves at the enemy.

Map knowledge and team work are the keys to victory.

1. Learn Map Choke Points
(There are a fuck ton of tunnels/pathways that flush to an open area, learn how to use this to your advantage)

2. Use scare tactic to your advantage
(If you see a fuck ton Fusion Rifles or Shotty whorea roaming, pull out Sniper and pick off a few. Use Praedyths/IB, a good Sniper with amazing stability that does wonders to all those chasing for that OHKO
Twilight Gap has nice straight line that can wreck the other side if you know how to scope the lane and pick them off
Watch them shuffling other ways to get you and get flushed into other fire

3. Control, GRAB only 2 Flags for FUCK SAKES, don't try to play Domination by grabbing all 3, you will fail, fail hard
Teams that keep swapping flags should be a resounding clusterfuck scenario for everyone, best option is to hover B flag, seriously
Don't leave that Area, it's annoying to Capture A all by yourself, while half your team grabs C, and all enemies spawn on top of you

4. Know the Heavy spawns, not just for yourself, but enemies lurking nearby
Some players have an internal clock readying them it's coming and you see the patterns change and they start camping certain areas

5. Learn Radar and use it to your advantage, crouching does have a benefit to it
If you see even a blink, that means enemies are crouched around a corner, flanking position, try to get advantage of getting behind them by using your jumping ability to loop around, it does work, Blink ability helps out here
You can even fake the radar and try to give your position away, and see enemies come chase you down, just move back to a point and pick them off

Thanks so much everyone! I'm going to work on a lot of your advice the next time I get on for PvP. And Hawkian I will look forward to reading your basic PvP guide. And thanks Grave for your guide!

I have a Thorn bounty right now, so I'll probably be jumping into PvP again sooner rather than later. How is AE in PvP? Since I need to kill with Void stuffs, I'll be using AE, PR, and Truth. Keep it up with the PvP advice, some real good stuff so far.

I think I'll be the only one hoping for the Moon map. I know it better then most of the others due to spending some quality time there during the Beta.

I have a Thorn bounty right now, so I'll probably be jumping into PvP again sooner rather than later. How is AE in PvP? Since I need to kill with Void stuffs, I'll be using AE, PR, and Truth. Keep it up with the PvP advice, some real good stuff so far.

I think I'll be the only one hoping for the Moon map. I know it better then most of the others due to spending some quality time there during the Beta.
I used AE fully upgraded. It works well but sometimes you will be outgunned at long distances and the impact is so so. The high rate of fire and trash killing are what made it helpful.

Get the Thorn. It's in my top 3 of OP weapons for pvp. Thunderlord stands at the top, followed closely by Dead Orbit's fusion rifle Final Rest II.

Namikaze1

It was what I used to complete that bounty requirement. Took me about an hour and a half to two hours to get the Void kills. It's okay though due to its low impact, it takes about half a clip just to kill one person.

I used AE fully upgraded. It works well but sometimes you will be outgunned at long distances and the impact is so so. The high rate of fire and trash killing are what made it helpful.

Get the Thorn. It's in my top 3 of OP weapons for pvp. Thunderlord stands at the top, followed closely by Dead Orbit's fusion rifle Final Rest II.

It was what I used to complete that bounty requirement. Took me about an hour and a half to two hours to get the Void kills. It's okay though due to its low impact, it takes about half a clip just to kill one person.

Thanks for giving me the motivation to get it done! One plus that I just realized is that the bounty is on my Titan alt, not my Hunter. Defender is void right? I guess the super won't count, but is there a preferred grenade and melee for PvP?

ocean

Banned
Thanks for giving me the motivation to get it done! One plus that I just realized is that the bounty is on my Titan alt, not my Hunter. Defender is void right? I guess the super won't count, but is there a preferred grenade and melee for PvP?

Magnetic grenade is a guaranteed kill if you can aim it so it attaches to an opponent. It's pretty good for this bounty, specially if you have Armamentarium for double the trouble.

Mindlog

So frustrating to see a team pass an easy win on Delphi by giving up A&B to grab C.
Speak of the Devil :]

Screens comparing Final Rest II and Wizard 77. I still use both, but when damage type is not a concern (Arc vs Void) I lean towards Final Rest now. It's like the shotgun of Fusion Rifles.
The combination of stability, rate of fire and clip is very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom