• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnetic grenade is a guaranteed kill if you can aim it so it attaches to an opponent. It's pretty good for this bounty, specially if you have Armamentarium for double the trouble.

I don't have that. Xur sold it at one point didn't he? I already had two exotic helmets, and and the alpha lupi chest piece, so I held off to save the coins for my Hunter. Now I have too many coins and regret that decision. Along with skipping on GHorn.

Edit: I also have the back up plans gauntlets from last weeks Xur engram roll.

Rubenov

Alright so I've been defending Super Good Advice for the last couple of days and I have to say that it is a fantastic gun when you're in a pinch and need to play defensively.

It's a great gun on the smaller 3 vs 3 maps and it's definitely good on a few of the 6 vs 6 maps.

You can cut off an enemies path just by firing HUNDREDS of bullets in their direction. If I'm being chased by a couple of people and I know I'm likely going to die, I will turn around and just start unloading. No one wants to walk into a barrage of bullets.

People should probably give the gun a chance by using it in a different strategy.

I have sat in a spot and sprayed the gun for literally 10+ seconds just to discourage someone from going a certain way, and I'll still have 40+ rounds in the magazine.

All right, Mango. You've convinced me to give it a try.

So frustrating to see a team pass an easy win on Delphi by giving up A&B to grab C.

Speak of the Devil :]

Screens comparing Final Rest II and Wizard 77. I still use both, but when damage type is not a concern (Arc vs Void) I lean towards Final Rest now. It's like the shotgun of Fusion Rifles.

The combination of stability, rate of fire and clip is very strong.

The charge rate alone on Final Rest II is what puts it at the top compared to other fusion rifles. The rest is just icing imo.

Namikaze1

Thanks for giving me the motivation to get it done! One plus that I just realized is that the bounty is on my Titan alt, not my Hunter. Defender is void right? I guess the super won't count, but is there a preferred grenade and melee for PvP?
Yep. I personally use the sticky grenades since I find them to be better than the other two Defender grenades.

deafmedal

Need one for hard raid ps4, 30 preferred but 29 at least. Experience a plus but not required. We are NOT proficient with hard mode yet, shooting for our first full clear...

Anyone interested?
PSN deafmedal

shem935

Banned
Need one for hard raid ps4, 30 preferred but 29 at least. Experience a plus but not required. We are NOT proficient with hard mode yet, shooting for our first full clear...

Anyone interested?
PSN deafmedal

I would be up for it. 29 hunter shem0275

Okay cool switching weapons around now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So frustrating to see a team pass an easy win on Delphi by giving up A&B to grab C.

Screens comparing Final Rest II and Wizard 77. I still use both, but when damage type is not a concern (Arc vs Void) I lean towards Final Rest now. It's like the shotgun of Fusion Rifles.

That stability is insane! I love 77 Wizard, but I also love fusion rifles in general and I definitely want to get my hands on that thing.

areal

Ammo synthesis is permanently broken for me. It is consumed and cool down begins, but I get no ammo.

It's been happening for at least a few days.

All right, Mango. You've convinced me to give it a try.
Glad to hear. It definitely isn't for everyone, but it fits my defensive playstyle very very well.

Bottom line is that I HATE dying. 95% of the time I will be the guy on the team with the lowest deaths. Some people would consider going 25-23 for their k/d a good game. My definition of a good game is something like 15-2. And this gun certainly helps me achieve that. It's not the greatest gun for getting kills, (though I've gotten better with it) but it is a gun that you can use to your advantage for the entirety of the match even if you only have 15 rounds left. I'll only have to pick up heavy ammo one the entire match.... unless I'm getting kills with the gun of course.

Cømet

Banned
I'm really sick of Atheon doing that stupid spam attack glitch. Every fucking time you get him below half health.

Congrats, whoever pushed me off the edge of the platform.

Wtf? lol

7uokhXQ.jpg

Hey mindlog are you looking to raid ??? I'm trying to join a group with my 29 hunter alt

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Heya Gaf - i'm at work on my vita so i won't be able to chat up too much but I would absolutely ADORE someone if they could hook me up with a hard Templar OR Atheon checkpoint - PSN ID: Silkysm00th

Nodnol

Thanks, mate! Had a blast running the raid for the first time with you and your crew.

Hey man, as I was saying I hope it made sense? It's really hard to articulate the mechanics when you couldn't speak and it's easy for me to forget the basics and take things for grantage, if that makes sense? I apologise if it was confusing!

Still, killing Atheon in 2/3 tries with two people not 100% familiar with the fight was pretty good going!

RNGesus finally bestowed upon me a piece of Raid gear! So happy.

Third Vision of Confluence is an utter waste though.

maomaoIYP

Thanks so much everyone! I'm going to work on a lot of your advice the next time I get on for PvP. And Hawkian I will look forward to reading your basic PvP guide. And thanks Grave for your guide!

Just to add-on to some of the tips:

On weapon and armor choice:
1) The best weapons which work best for PvP are usually not the ones which are the best for PvE. You don't need legendaries to do well at all. Weapon damage is normalized according to whichever bracket the weapon belongs to in its own type. For an easy example of this there are 2 brackets of FRs, slow charging high impact (e.g. 77 Wizard) or fast charging low impact (e.g Light/beware). My best primary weapon is The Strangers Rifle, while my best heavy is a blue Hannibal-E which is increased stability and expanded magazine.

2) Know how many shots it takes to kill with your gun, so that you can sidestep to avoid lag compensated hits and prevent trading deaths. For example with The Stranger's Rifle it takes exactly 3 bursts to the head to kill (29 x 3 damage in one burst). So if I know all my shots are on target I sidestep / take cover immediately after I've unloaded the last burst, preventing trading a kill. This lets me consistently beat Suros Regime users.

3) A higher stability usually is king (for me), because it lets me kill quicker over range. This is by far my preferred stat for: Pulse Rifles, Fusion Rifles, Hand Cannons. If close ranged engagements are your thing, you might prefer higher ROF.

4) Keep some blue (rare) armor just for PvP. Unlike legendaries they can spawn with only one stat, equip them to make stat focused builds. For example when I play gunslinger with 100% cooldown to super and take the perk that boosts super cooldown, I can easily get 3 to 4 supers per game of clash.

Varvor

My self and Dante316 just steam rolled salvage to the point opposing team quit game with only 100 points vs 3000. Need one more!!!

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I have an atheon hard che kpoint

Anyone up for it?

Psn v1br4t1ons will do asap or in 30 minutes.

FR and pm sent... on my vita so i don't know if you'd want me in the raid with you this afternoon but if i could get the Checkpoint i would owe you a Ballerhorn.

LordofPwn

My Hard raid run today went great. Confluxes, Oracles, and Templar first try. Gorgons 4th try to get all chests. Maybe only one person died on jumping puzzle. Gatekeeper took 2 tries, and Atheon first try. I finally got the fusion rifle. Only need pulse, rocket, and helm for my warlock. Still want to try flawless sometime soon.

Sofa King

Did 2 normal raids today. Got 2 weapons I already had and shards. It'll be interesting to see if I can muster any more attempts at some raid armor after MCC comes out. They should just open it up to unlimited tries at this point as they gotta be bleeding players regardless. XB1 towers are pretty ghostly for me lately.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
FR and pm sent... on my vita so i don't know if you'd want me in the raid with you this afternoon but if i could get the Checkpoint i would owe you a Ballerhorn.

??? .. i see you added me so i'm just gonna wait and sweat it out over here in the corner..

Hey... yah... you sexy. you know that? Everyone loves you!!! :D

pleasegimmedatcheckpointpleeeeease.gif

TTG

Was rummaging around my vault, uncovered a Timur's Lash with Third Eye radar and bonus hip fire. What say you, pvp hand cannon aficionados?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Holy shit, I just decrypted my 4th 77 Wizard. I haven't bought a single one and now I have 1 void, 3 fires.

Great FR ... my void version carried me through so many of the early nightfalls/raid attempts. Had it since week 1. Turned it into a wonderful little gift to my alt when he hit 20.

Cømet

Banned
Hurrah, Atheon down at last. Got helmet for my sunbro first time alongside the gloves, so just need boots for him now. He'll be level 30 before my bloody titan, who I've had going much much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom