• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

I think I might be burned out with the game.
Everyday I rush home to do a daily grind, gotta maximize marks for each of my characters every week for no real reason other than just because.
Might be a side effect of having some personal problems, but tonight I really don't want to play for the sake of hoping the next loot drop will be something that will make me go WOW.

I'm sure many of us feel the same sometimes, myself included. "Why am I doing this daily again?" But I enjoy the social interactions with those here, have enjoyed helping those who want to level up, and also look forward to raiding multiple times each week. Loot hype lives for me too.
Less so since I got the 'Horn
Still could really use that Ice Breaker.

Namikaze1

is it worth it to max the Monte Carlo? I have the second perk unlocked, didn't really noticed the effect
As someone who maxed one out, no. It's not worth it at all. It still has quite a bit of recoil to it even after upgrading and the low impact sucks tremendously.

JayEH

I think I might be burned out with the game.
Everyday I rush home to do a daily grind, gotta maximize marks for each of my characters every week for no real reason other than just because.
Might be a side effect of having some personal problems, but tonight I really don't want to play for the sake of hoping the next loot drop will be something that will make me go WOW.

I feel you. I've actually deleted this game from my HDD two times now...and each time I've redownload the game within 48 hours. It's just something about the gameplay, social interactions, and overall potential of the game that keeps me coming back.

It really sucks that in order for us to get new content we have to pay for an "expansion pack" which has very little content that was obviously cut from the game for whatever reason.

IMO, they really need to give everyone one free raid or at least strike or two (I mean c'mon the strikes aren't hard missions to design). I know this isn't a subscription based game but they need to add some variety to the game somehow and not just some weekly events that for some reason happen a month in between each other that just use the same missions.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Gatekeepers + Atheon HM took us 1.5 hours to complete

Those bugs are ridiculous
Never have an Aussie on your team, lag and made the glitches 10 times worse

Omni

This is a load of shit. I've done the hard raid numerous times with people in the US, UK and Australia in the one game just fine.

GraveRobberX

This is a load of shit. I've done the hard raid numerous times with people in the US, UK and Australia in the one game just fine.

No it's not, we had to boot him cause Oracles went AWOL
You got lucky with connection on players that linked up with ya, but I'm telling ya' 45 minutes of pure frustration was led due to Aussie lag

The oracles would spawn 2 seconds later, no ping, then once killed, the game still registered them alive

blazeuk

Best/Fastest way of getting more plasteel plating? I didn't really think about it so my main character has tons of materials and now I'm at the point of levelling up my legendary armour on my alt I've got absolutely nothing and I'm having to slowly wait for engram drops (not really wanting to spend tons of glimmer on a few green engrams from Rahool).

Namikaze1

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2l39z8/all_known_vault_of_glass_loottable/

Wait... So the raid fusion rifle only drops from the oracles on hard? Is that true?

Of so the only things I want left from the raid for my warlock main only drop on the oracles and on Atheon..

My alt Titan has zero raid gear after two normal raid clears and a oracles to gorgon cheesy hard clear...
Not true. I had one drop after the Templar fight and I had my second dropped after the Gatekeepers.
I know my first one dropped after Templar because one of my teammates got Fatebringer during that same run. I think that was Fig. Or was it Math? I can't remember.

That's the game's fault, nothing to do with a player being from Au.

I'm in AU, I play with so many gaffers from around the world (US, Canada, EU, India, China, Japan) - lag is an issue for everyone, and no single player can be the cause of it.

No it's not, we had to boot him cause Oracles went AWOL
You got lucky with connection on players that linked up with ya, but I'm telling ya' 45 minutes of pure frustration was led due to Aussie lag

The oracles would spawn 2 seconds later, no ping, then once killed, the game still registered them alive

Well just make the Aussie fireteam leader. Problem solved. :p

Ambitious

Do you guys share your main's weapons with your alt through the vault, or do you keep duplicates? Having to frequently switch characters and load the tower to access the vault is inconvenient, and at least currently there's still the danger of losing the vault's content.

On the other hand, getting duplicates of the weapons and max them out might take weeks. I guess the best course of action would be to simply use other weapons with the alts, avoid using the vault, and wait for the bug to be fixed and also an update for the companion app to manage the vault/inventory to be released. At least that's what I'm going to do.

Deku Tree

Do you guys share your main's weapons with your alt through the vault, or do you keep duplicates? Having to frequently switch characters and load the tower to access the vault is inconvenient, and at least currently there's still the danger of losing the vault's content.

On the other hand, getting duplicates of the weapons and max them out might take weeks. I guess the best course of action would be to simply use other weapons with the alts, avoid using the vault, and wait for the bug to be fixed and also an update for the companion app to manage the vault/inventory to be released. At least that's what I'm going to do.

I start and end every run with a character in the tower. I pick up and drop off my main weapons that way. Now that I have four corrective measures I am just going to keep one on each player and destroy one of them if I ever fully upgrade two others. I think a lot of people do it this way.

I try not to worry about the vault glitch. It could just be an Internet rumor, or it could be a save glitch because you are saving to Destiny servers over the Internet. I always wait a second after leaving the vault and I always log out of Destiny from the in game menu instead of just directly turning off my PS4.

GraveRobberX

I start and end every run with a character in the tower. I pick up and drop off my main weapons that way. Now that I have four corrective measures I am just going to keep one on each player and destroy one of them if I ever fully upgrade two others. I think a lot of people do it this way.

I use the weapons I need on one char, do what I need to do on that char
Daily + PTE + Bounties + Patrol + Farming

When I switch, I put all the guns away for next char
Also I screenshot the Vault page before switching characters as proof

Then go do 1st Alt, repeat the screenshot process, then 2nd Alt

Also certain weapons need to be XP+ get shared all by 3 and get leveled up really quickly

Then after a week, I delete all the old screenshots I took of vault after removing and putting stuff in, keep 1-2 latest just for insurance sakes

He isn't being a dick. He's just saying it wasn't a good experience since they were far away.

I was only joking :lol I thought I made it obvious. -_-
Fig, you up for a hard raid run around the usual time? I'm trying to get the last raid gears I need for my hunter.
Maybe. I'll see if I can get my Warlock to 29 first, damn hadronic essence. If I can get the helmet for her, I'm all set for 30.

Not true. I had one drop after the Templar fight and I had my second dropped after the Gatekeepers.
I know my first one dropped after Templar because one of my teammates got Fatebringer during that same run. I think that was Fig. Or was it Math? I can't remember.

Pretty sure it was me. Could have been both though, I do remember you getting the fusion rifle.

QP3

So from my understanding, after level 20, you gain a mote of light for every "x" amount of experience that you would normally get.

Do we know the value of x? Does it increase after each subsequent mote of light, similar to gaining levels?

|OT10|
Super Good Advice: SGA is shit
Machine Guns are shit in general IMO. Did that bounty dont use that weapon at all. I also am not afan of shotguns in PvE and this game keeps giving me legendary ones as loot. multiple Comedians, Hide and Seek, Hezen, and others. Even have Invectus (I know it is boss in PvP) but I hate leveling it up ;(

Machine Guns are shit in general IMO. Did that bounty dont use that weapon at all. I also am not afan of shotguns in PvE and this game keeps giving me legendary ones as loot. multiple Comedians, Hide and Seek, Hezen, and others. Even have Invectus (I know it is boss in PvP) but I hate leveling it up ;(

Nah, Thunderlord, Jolder's Hammer, Corrective Measure and Swarm are great machine guns. Rocket launchers are better for pve definitely, but machine guns are great for PvP and do have a place in some pve scenarios. Especially those ones. Shotguns are only good for PvP, but I've grown to like them a lot.

k1t4j

Hey guys I managed to get my titan alt to 27 and was wondering if anyone is still considering doing the Normal raid today?

I have max raid weapons for him - AE, PR, HV

I will be free in about 1 hour if anyone still up for it

Nah, Thunderlord, Jolder's Hammer, Corrective Measure and Swarm are great machine guns. Rocket launchers are better for pve definitely, but machine guns are great for PvP and do have a place in some pve scenarios. Especially those ones. Shotguns are only good for PvP, but I've grown to like them a lot.

Rockets are god tier especially Truth. dont have the Ghorn :(

I need to start uploading funny Truth kills. I love going to the Divide and hitting drop ships with them. You kill the whole drop before they drop. However it is more fun from real far back. Watch the rocket change course and kill them when they almost hit the ground.

There is no escape from the Truth you Fallen devils!

Rockets are god tier especially Truth. dont have the Ghorn :(

I need to start uploading funny Truth kills. I love going to the Divide and hitting drop ships with them. You kill the whole drop before they drop. However it is more fun from real far back. Watch the rocket change course and kill them when they almost hit the ground.

There is no escape from the Truth you Fallen devils!

:lol I got mine from the nightfall a couple of days ago. I should probably upgrade it, but it takes so long! And I already have a fully upgraded Gjallar....

Hiko

Banned
:lol I got mine from the nightfall a couple of days ago. I should probably upgrade it, but it takes so long! And I already have a fully upgraded Gjallar....

Not just Truth, but rockets in general are amazing. Dust Palace? Those flayers get knocked off the side of the building with a well timed rocket.

GutZ31

Gjallarhorn make everything else seem pointless.
Truth is a very good rocket launcher, but if you compare its lethality to Gjallarhorn, it doesn't even come close.

For an exotic, Truth is an under achiever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom