• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

I went to the movies today and didn't get a whole lot of Destiny time in.

Did I miss anything?

Gotta get back on the Strike grind while I get my alts to 29. I've decided I'll just bite the bullet and spend my ass shards getting alts to 29 so I can do the Hard Raid more often. Good bye, Ass Shards, you will be missed ):

TTG

Dont want the dude still rocking a shingen c to feel inferior.

Yea, but that's such an extremist tactic to take. They're already in the unbalanced boat, it's like they hired a designer from counter strike to do this one thing and of course he declares everyone gets shit with a 0.00001 chance at an exotic.

SharkJAW

Damn, you don't realize how unbalanced the MP is until you bring a low level character in.
Fuckin' tell me about it. I've leveled up 3 alts so fat and played my fair share of Crucible. The weapon selection/balancing is absolutely terrible. Half the low level handcannons have 3 round clips with an eternal reload time.

TTG

My alt was a crucible exclusive deal all last week and it's rough. Took just about everything I had to stay above 1.0

joecanada

Damn, you don't realize how unbalanced the MP is until you bring a low level character in.

Ya ive seen low level characters get just annihilated in mp. It's a shame this game does a really bad job catering to a large audience. My friend has been level 24-26 for weeks now. Not one legendary weapon. dozens of strikes I kept telling him to wait and do some nightfall... Havent seen him on all week not surprisingly... I predicted this game would be a ghost town by December and it likely will... I bought the full game but I'm not even sure I'll play the dlc I paid for.... I'm stuck at level 29 and if the dlc doesn't have better drops that's probably where I'll stay...
Good game but just real limited in future prospects.
I'm saying this as a real fan but just sort of seeing the end of the line approaching with some sadness here.

TTG

I bought the full game but I'm not even sure I'll play the dlc I paid for.... I'm stuck at level 29 and if the dlc doesn't have better drops that's probably where I'll stay...
Good game but just real limited in future prospects.
I'm saying this as a real fan but just sort of seeing the end of the line approaching with some sadness here.

The focus of the DLC seems to be the new raid and the raid experience is underwhelming at best. I'm still in this for two things basically: a chance at The Last Word and a revamped Iron Banner(which I'm guessing won't show until the expansion).

rafaelr

so i´ve always been happily dismantling every exotic warlock helmet i got until now (didn´t really like any of them) only to finally find out that the raid helmet only drops in hard mode...craap!

gatti-man

Fuckin' tell me about it. I've leveled up 3 alts so fat and played my fair share of Crucible. The weapon selection/balancing is absolutely terrible. Half the low level handcannons have 3 round clips with an eternal reload time.

I was getting 1st and 2nd places on my alts. Still have a pic somewhere as proof. Its not that bad.

*Splinter

So what's Bungie's rationale behind barely giving any drops in crucible? It's considered a good haul when three people get something regardless of how crappy it is. Why are they so stingy with this shit?
Hey that's nothing, I played Black Ops multiplayer for like a thousand hours and never saw a single drop :(

OT had dropped to #12 in the community section when I just logged on, first time I've seen it outside the top 10 since launch. I'm sure activity will keep dwindling with all the new releases, but hopefully it picks back up with the DLC.

I'll be on Sunday by ~7-8pm EST if anyone needs help w flawless. Otherwise I'll probably play Bayonetta. :)

The focus of the DLC seems to be the new raid and the raid experience is underwhelming at best. I'm still in this for two things basically: a chance at The Last Word and a revamped Iron Banner(which I'm guessing won't show until the expansion).

One of the few people I've ever heard say that. Pvp, story missions, and strikes are all mostly underwhelming to me but the raid has totally made up for it. Just curious, but did you play through it before learning anything about it? That first learning experience was a huge highlight for me, favorite gaming experience of the year. Can't wait to tackle the new raid blind with some of the usual gaf raid buddies.

Steroyd

I went to the movies today and didn't get a whole lot of Destiny time in.

Did I miss anything?

Gotta get back on the Strike grind while I get my alts to 29. I've decided I'll just bite the bullet and spend my ass shards getting alts to 29 so I can do the Hard Raid more often. Good bye, Ass Shards, you will be missed ):

Hurhurhur. Hahaha MWAHAHAHAHA*cough**splutter*

You'll be swimming in ass after you do 3 hard raids, I did the same ended with single digit ass shards before the weekly reset, by time I done 3 hard raids + Nightfalls I was back to 60 - 70+ shards, with the rest of the week left to collect more ass through public events and daily heroics.

The real issue is grinding materials to keep up.

areal

30 second clip. Did I do something wrong? How come my synthesis didn't work?
You're not the only one.
Ammo synthesis is permanently broken for me. It is consumed and cool down begins, but I get no ammo.
pretty sure there is some kind of bug with ammo packs.
Only tried it with heavy ones but around 4 or 5 times today it just didn't give me any ammo.
I was not dead (when you use one while dead you won't get ammo either it seems( but like I said I was alive. Also multiple people in my fireteam said the same thing.

So I'm visiting family over the weekend and brought my vita along in case the gunsmith started selling rare fusions.

Gave it a go tonight just to see how bad the lag would be. I had not used remote play over the Internet before (only wifi) but I have to say I'm super impressed. I even completed a few bounties (we've woken the hive!!!). Even on a crappy Internet connection, it feels exactly like I'm on wifi, except sound is sometimes delayed by a few seconds. Not bad at all Sony.

XqkyCkh.jpg

TTG

One of the few people I've ever heard say that. Pvp, story missions, and strikes are all mostly underwhelming to me but the raid has totally made up for it. Just curious, but did you play through it before learning anything about it? That first learning experience was a huge highlight for me, favorite gaming experience of the year. Can't wait to tackle the new raid blind with some of the usual gaf raid buddies

My first raid was like all of the subsequent ones, rife with cheese. That's not really the issue though. I was three quarters of the way into explaining what those are, but it really comes down to us having fundamentally different experiences because I'm stuck without gaf raid buddies(dat old gen hardware).

I would like to note one thing however: the onus in the raid is not on skill in any traditional(shooter) sense of the word. It's about consistency from the whole team and having the right gear for level 30 runs and some other stuff... but it has very little in common with a legendary level in Halo, for example. That's the crux of the underwhelminess I'm feeling here, I like quality shooter design, this is something else.

XAL

Anyone want to help our group through gatekeeper and atheon on hard raid?

We are 4 29's and 1 28. Our weapons are maxed.

We need a level 29 or 30 with maxed weapons.

We are on PS4.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone want to help our group through gatekeeper and atheon on hard raid?

We are 4 29's and 1 28. Our weapons are maxed.

We need a level 29 or 30 with maxed weapons.

We are on PS4.

I can come as 29 Warlock if need be

Maxed IB + AE + CM for Massive Damage!
PSN: GraveRobberX

Ambitious

So I'm visiting family over the weekend and brought my vita along in case the gunsmith started selling rare fusions.

Gave it a go tonight just to see how bad the lag would be. I had not used remote play over the Internet before (only wifi) but I have to say I'm super impressed. I even completed a few bounties (we've woken the hive!!!). Even on a crappy Internet connection, it feels exactly like I'm on wifi, except sound is sometimes delayed by a few seconds. Not bad at all Sony.

XqkyCkh.jpg

What's your upload bandwidth?

XAL

I can come as 29 Warlock if need be

Maxed IB + AE + CM for Massive Damage!
PSN: GraveRobberX

We're going to try it with this other guy that jumped in, his secondary and heavy are not maxed so if it doesn't work out I'll bring you in.

**he's from australia, game is lagging bad now. crap.

***he dropped you can come in now

RNGesus insists that I get a Found Verdict every time I do the raid. Crazy. At least I also got an Atheons Epilogue to mix things up. Just need VoC and my life is complete.

XqkyCkh.jpg

Man this is something I would need. Hackers make it work on a iPhone 6 please

My first raid was like all of the subsequent ones, rife with cheese. That's not really the issue though. I was three quarters of the way into explaining what those are, but it really comes down to us having fundamentally different experiences because I'm stuck without gaf raid buddies(dat old gen hardware).

I would like to note one thing however: the onus in the raid is not on skill in any traditional(shooter) sense of the word. It's about consistency from the whole team and having the right gear for level 30 runs and some other stuff... but it has very little in common with a legendary level in Halo, for example. That's the crux of the underwhelminess I'm feeling here, I like quality shooter design, this is something else.

Cheese, last gen, and unreliable teammates will definitely make it underwhelming, sorry to hear that but thanks for the reply. My first raid was actually non-gaf rando's but turned out to be a decent group. It was the first day the raid was released and we knew absolutely nothing, let alone any cheese strats. Beating the Templar with 4 25s and 2 26s was a huge thrill.

A lot of my more recent fond raid memories, especially flawless stuff, have been strongly dependent on the Gaf community though. I agree that gear and team consistency is hugely influential in raiding, but I think it can include a lot of shooter skill/execution too. E.g. Oracle phase balancing between 3 weapon classes for the 3 main enemy types (HCannon to crit goblins, sniper for hobbies, heavy for Minos). Not the same as Halo for sure, but still really compelling if you find a good team (admittedly a big "if").

As much as possible, I highly recommend people find a good group to run the new raid blind. I really think it puts the game in the best light possible.

whats the best way to get xp to level up a subclass at level 20 when your out of bounties?

strikes?

The daily heroic is good too. Gives some XP. It's not much but it's better than nothing. Also, doing patrol missions will give you XP and you will also be getting XP killing stuff. Public events will also give XP

pretty sure there is some kind of bug with ammo packs.
Only tried it with heavy ones but around 4 or 5 times today it just didn't give me any ammo.
I was not dead (when you use one while dead you won't get ammo either it seems( but like I said I was alive. Also multiple people in my fireteam said the same thing.

fix plz

Yeah it's a bug. Yesterday I was doing the weekly heroic and I couldn't get the heavy ammo synth to work. The 5 min cool down would kick in but I wouldn't be getting any ammo. It sucks lol

At the end of a Control match on Rusted Lands, I saw a notification that said "earvcunanan Prevailed Unbroken". I didn't realize that I didn't killed the entire match, went 25-0. That was pretty cool.

phen0m24

XqkyCkh.jpg

Wish I could say the same. I'm in a hotel in FL and while they say they have made improvements to their wireless infrastructure the Internet coverage is atrocious.

Every hotel room needs a wired connection or at least a PowerLine adapter.

I was able to connect to my home ps4 just long enough to have it disconnect.

Destiny withdrawal is real
So is desire for rare Fusion rifles

Geneijin

maomaoIYP

I think I might be burned out with the game.
Everyday I rush home to do a daily grind, gotta maximize marks for each of my characters every week for no real reason other than just because.
Might be a side effect of having some personal problems, but tonight I really don't want to play for the sake of hoping the next loot drop will be something that will make me go WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom