• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Splinter

That's not an excuse...

Though if things keep going this way I will stop. The poor PS+ lineups don't help either. The service has very little redeeming factors left.
It wasn't supposed to be an excuse, it was a suggestion.
The point. It blew right by you.
He doesn't have a point, he's complaining on the Internet.

PSN service is shitty, I can't log in right now and this happens "too" often. My options are:
1) drop to the free service
2) change console
3) change hobby
4) wait for the service to improve
5) buy Sony
For now I go with option 4, because despite the flaws I feel the good outweighs the bad and it is still my preferred choice of the options.

"Complaining on the Internet" brings me no closer to any of these options.

Dart

I've seen Hawkmoon/last word drop so many times for party members and not for me that I'm seriously about to pull my eyeballs out. Seriously at least 15 times.

I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be funny if I get Hawkmoon right after all the work to get Thorn?... " literally a few crucible games after that I get Hawkmoon.

I use Thorn exclusively for PVP & Hawkmoon for PVE.

purg3

slept with Malkin
trying to complete a nightfall, and the 3 of us have been booted a combined like 8 times already...

on xbox one btw

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
PSN/Destiny is having issues right now. This is a known thing. Why are people still logging in and then complaining when they have connection issues?! What did you expect!

joecanada

Well the psn update screwed up destiny royally or something or maybe it was their own update... Both my friend and I got kicked to orbit 5-6 times each in the last hour. Quit

Acorn

PSN/Destiny is having issues right now. This is a known thing. Why are people still logging in and then complaining when they have connection issues?! What did you expect!
A working service that doesn't go down every week I suspect.

Anyway I'm on online fine but I was on before these reports.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawk, what handcannon were you using yesterday when we were doing the Oracles?
The Devil You Know, because I want Gjallarhorn equipped for DPS on Atheon. Hawkmoon takes them down in notably fewer shots, though.

BTW what were you using? A scout rifle? You did awesome!

Are you not aware of the "Destiny Addiction?" That shit is real. Bungie could tell us the servers are 100% down for the rest of the day and many, MANY people would still trying to sign on to just finish a couple quick bounties.

I'd probably be one of those people. Addiction is the logic-killer.

ethomaz

Banned
I would but currently at work, my friend and I almost had atheon off and then patch kicked us out..
I'm at work too :D I need time to try these others cheese methods too... it is not something that I can do in little time (unless the old cheese works because that one I can do in two or tree tries).

Iceman829

We have to take another shot at the Nexus Nightfall. My void weapons are ready.

We must get our revenge after our disappointing loss last time. It will be like shooting fish in a barrel this time. Plus misterthirsty needs the fight as well. If all goes to hell he can distract with his bubble lol.

The Devil You Know, because I want Gjallarhorn equipped for DPS on Atheon. Hawkmoon takes them down in notably fewer shots, though.

I just picked up TDYK earlier today. I have the Hawkmoon maxed. How will I feel about TDYK once I get it upgraded a little?

Fastest way to level up weapons? Skip the PvP answer ;)

anddo0

So I logged on today and when I tried to set my fireteam to friends, this popped up:

L4mZz0a.jpg

I definitely still have PS+. I hope. I'm assuming this is just PSN being wonky?

This has been an issue for me since a week after Destiny came out.
I'm often locked out of Strikes etc... because I thinks I don't have PS+

Patroclos

Banned
Another day in the Destiny thread, people bitching about all the same things, and saying they are done. It's so strange how this happens every day yet this has been the fastest moving thread on Gaf for almost 2 months. All these people quit every day, all kinds of people cancelled their preorders, so many quit because the crucible has specials and ADS.

So why does the thread never slow? Everyone is supposedly quitting...

I can't believe some people are pissed that everyone has to learn all the raid positions and that cheese is being removed. I'm excited to do things the right way and learn new things. So much Destiny/Bungie hate/rage but they keep playing it seems.

Kudos to Bungie for doing the best they can to make people play the way it was designed to be played. It takes balls to say play right or quit. I respect that.

lol so people shouldn't complain if PSN is down? we should just accept it and deal with it?

Plus how will we know if it's working if we don't try?

I just picked up TDYK earlier today. I have the Hawkmoon maxed. How will I feel about TDYK once I get it upgraded a little?

If you have an increased stability perk then you will enjoy it. Hawkmoon is pure stopping power so if you want TDYK to compete in that department it just can't

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

The Vanguard TDYK? It's a wonderful all-purpose PvE gun and holds its own in PvP too. It doesn't do anything as well or better than Hawkmoon does at the same job, but you'll feel great about it, especially after unlocking Crowd Control, because it's a fantastic gun that allows you to spend your exotic slot on something else.

Equip the items you want to level when turning in bounties. By a huge margin the fastest way to level stuff.

Another day in the Destiny thread, people bitching about all the same things, and saying they are done. It's so strange how this happens every day yet this has been the fastest moving thread on Gaf for almost 2 months. All these people quit every day, all kinds of people cancelled their preorders, so many quit because the crucible has specials and ADS.

I can't believe some people are pissed that everyone has to learn all the raid positions and that cheese is being removed. I'm excited to do things the right way and learn new things. So much Destiny/Bungie hate/rage but they keep playing it seems.

Kudos to Bungie for doing the best they can to make people play the way it was designed to be played. It takes balls to say play right or quit. I respect that.

Ehh, I think it's a little more complicated than that. I think a lot of people are pissed that fixing the Atheon cheese took precedence over fixing really obnoxious bugs in the raid. Basically, it makes people feel like Bungie only cares about slowing progression versus improving the underlying quality of the game.

The Devil You Know might be the "best" weapon in the game. The reason I put the quotes is because we obviously know it isn't the highest damage weapon, or even the highest damage hand cannon for that fact. However, it is a weapon you can easily buy from a vendor, and when fully leveled it fucking mows down mobs, poppin heads like champagne corks. Being a legendary and not an exotic, gives it a lot of flexibility in your builds when you need to swap around exotics between special and heavy. It is a workhorse you can't go wrong with.

<3 my The Devil You Know

anddo0

It wasn't supposed to be an excuse, it was a suggestion.

He doesn't have a point, he's complaining on the Internet.

PSN service is shitty, I can't log in right now and this happens "too" often. My options are:
1) drop to the free service
2) change console
3) change hobby
4) wait for the service to improve
5) buy Sony
For now I go with option 4, because despite the flaws I feel the good outweighs the bad and it is still my preferred choice of the options.

"Complaining on the Internet" brings me no closer to any of these options.

lol no harm done man, people are just upset, as they should be.

sidenote: I can't even play MUT (Madden Ultimate Team).
It really sucks when a paid service prevents you from playing core pieces of a game.

NeOak

BTW what were you using? A scout rifle? You did awesome!

I was using the Vex Mythoclast at 283 (need Ass ;-;) for a while and running out of ammo, but then at like the last 3 attempts i changed to a 300 Monte Carlo, so i had way more ammo.

And thanks lol. It was my first attempt at doing the oracles.

realcZk

Just a tip if you have any titans going into the portals during the Atheon fight, if they can lay Weapons of Light as you get teleported it really helps with clearing the oracles super-fast, especially in hard mode.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

id just like to say that posts like these are like a battery recharge for me and I award you many points

The Vanguard TDYK? It's a wonderful all-purpose PvE gun and holds its own in PvP too. It doesn't do anything as well or better than Hawkmoon does at the same job, but you'll feel great about it, especially after unlocking Crowd Control, because it's a fantastic gun that allows you to spend your exotic slot on something else.

Equip the items you want to level when turning in bounties. By a huge margin the fastest way to level stuff.

Yup, the Vanguard one. I bought it earlier today for the exact reason you said: I want to hold an exotic slot for either a special or heavy weapon. It's a bit of a placeholder until I can get Fatebringer to drop.

OK, thanks. That's what I assumed but I wasn't sure if Tiger strikes or something else would be more effective.

The Devil You Know might be the "best" weapon in the game. The reason I put the quotes is because we obviously know it isn't the highest damage weapon, or even the highest damage hand cannon for that fact. However, it is a weapon you can easily buy from a vendor, and when fully leveled it fucking mows down mobs, poppin heads like champagne corks. Being a legendary and not an exotic, gives it a lot of flexibility in your builds when you need to swap around exotics between special and heavy. It is a workhorse you can't go wrong with.

<3 my The Devil You Know

I have The Last Word, but I might go ahead and grab one of these when I want to go hand cannon with an exotic in another slot.

X-Frame

I must say, my half-leveled Truth was doing some insane damage to mobs in the Nightfall.

The fact that Truth has near maximum blast radius plus automatic proximity detonation makes it worth using for the exotic slot in the Nightfall, in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to leveling it up! Have plenty of ass energy for it.

blackjaw

I must say, my half-leveled Truth was doing some insane damage to mobs in the Nightfall.

The fact that Truth has near maximum blast radius plus automatic proximity detonation makes it worth using for the exotic slot in the Nightfall, in my opinion.

My truth is fire damage...

joecanada

lol so people shouldn't complain if PSN is down? we should just accept it and deal with it?

Plus how will we know if it's working if we don't try?

If you have an increased stability perk then you will enjoy it. Hawkmoon is pure stopping power so if you want TDYK to compete in that department it just can't

Blaming the victim yo. Welcome to the Internet and 1980 lol

Just a tip if you have any titans going into the portals during the Atheon fight, if they can lay Weapons of Light as you get teleported it really helps with clearing the oracles super-fast, especially in hard mode.

yea somebody should be dropping weapons of light bubbles before atheon teleports people.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was using the Vex Mythoclast at 283 (need Ass ;-;) for a while and running out of ammo, but then at like the last 3 attempts i changed to a 300 Monte Carlo, so i had way more ammo.

And thanks lol. It was my first attempt at doing the oracles.
The Mythoclast, that makes sense. I did run out of ammo a few times and was blasting them with 77 wizard, which is decent for the task, but a single full blast doesn't kill a full HP oracle so it's never ideal. For a first time on that job you get an A+ man. Every time I reload with an oracle up I start to panic and you were on top of them.
Yup, the Vanguard one. I bought it earlier today for the exact reason you said: I want to hold an exotic slot for either a special or heavy weapon. It's a bit of a placeholder until I can get Fatebringer to drop.

OK, thanks. That's what I assumed but I wasn't sure if Tiger strikes or something else would be more effective.
Same here, I'll be trading up to Fatebringer, you know.... one day. One day.

And yeeeah no way on the Tiger Strikes being better xp. The daily Story at 28 is actually really good XP, but obviously only once a day. Tiger Strikes are pretty negligible. Bounties are huge- NEVER forget to equip the right items turning them in.

keakster

My truth is fire damage...

I am pretty sure they only come in Void .. you have a screen grab?

Frenden

Banned
The Devil You Know and my rank reward New Monarchy Red Hand are great. They're my go-to when I need a Special or Heavy exotic.

They're solid and you won't regret having them as an option. Hawkmoon or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom