• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Reminds me of the boycott people were trying to start for Modern Warfare 2, PC version I think. Something like the steam boycott group where it showed everyone in the group playing the game lol
oh god, that was something else. the friends lists on launch >_<
I've lost count of the amount of times I've recommended it on here haha. It does everything and I still use it often even though I have Hawkmoon and Fatebringer. TDYK is ol reliable for me.
Hawkmoon is my favorite weapon, full stop. No competition.

But TDYK is still the individual gun in my possession I feel the most attachment to. It has accompanied me across the solar system, was the first primary weapon I purchased, and I equip it for some task or another multiple times per play session. I don't even have it fully maxed yet either, lol.

Patroclos

Banned
Umm... WHAT!?!

Did you read this thread, no one is complaining that the cheese is gone, most are complaining that with the cheese gone the bugs/glitches from Day 1 are still present, no stealth fix to adjust any of the problems the community was vocal about

The game is good in certain facets, it can be much better also
Before you stick your tongue up Bungie's ass and give them a nice polish, read what is happening in this thread

Sorry, I just finished reading a lot of the comments on the bungie link that was posted and saw a small amount of people complaining here. To be fair it was the posts on the Bungie site that were crazy ridiculous, not here. That was what drew my ire, I just didn't express myself well.

Anybody here doing normal Gatekeepers? Want to bust out GK + Atheon on normal to see if I an get loot for my alts to hit 30 (probably not gonna happen but whatever). 29 Warlock with way too many maxed weapons and raid clears.

Frenden

Banned
Oh, PSN. I just was notified of a message Hawkian apparently sent weeks ago. News to me. To top that, the audio won't play.

Heh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm happy with the new patch because I can learn new cheese methods...

I found a way to cheese the Gorgon to get the grimorie card solo yesterday.
how did you do that?
That would be e-suicide for them.

I am guessing it's referring to the Vex, Thorn and Bad Juju.
Super Good Advice, Monte Carlo and Hard Light should really be on the list too.

And don't go too overboard with the Thorn buff fellas. Gun has all manner of potential.
Oh, PSN. I just was notified of a message Hawkian apparently sent weeks ago. News to me. To top that, the audio won't play.

Heh.

;_;

So I assume all this time it seemed like I wasn't responding to your proposal whereas I actually agreed right away.

... ;___;

Dante316

Is Praedyths somehow better than The Supremacy?

I don't have it yet, but I can't imagine it is with it's low impact.

Fatebringer should be on the list as well.
arc damage
highest dps according to reddit
legendary slot
precision kills explode and grants faster reload
explosive rounds for pvp

Steroyd

I have The Chance (FWC handcannon) lying around, debating if I should shard it; not a big fan of the magsize :/

Yeah it's quite unremarkable and I've levelled it till I need to use shards only because my Warlock is effectively getting whatever's left over from my Titan and Hunter builds.

Recently bought the Devil You Know for my Warlock, so hopefully I now have guns I want to level up.

Zakalwe

Banned
I just picked up TDYK earlier today. I have the Hawkmoon maxed. How will I feel about TDYK once I get it upgraded a little?

Fastest way to level up weapons? Skip the PvP answer ;)

Bounties. If you have alts pass your weapons between them.

TDYK is a wonderful hand cannon. Excellent base stats and the vendor version has great bonuses. Zen Movement makes handling it a dream.

Might be my favourite legendary so far.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
There is zero chance anyone should have known psn would be fd up today. Your analogy is that I would look at my ps4 and see its "raining " and therefore not log in at all....
Makes no sense.
Unless you are proposing that we should expect t psn to be fd up after every update? That's a pretty damning statement toward psn in general

Makes no sense? Have you been following this thread?

LordofPwn

Meh the rest of exotics should just be buffed to their level. That's the supposed point of exotics but whatever

agreed. Gjallarhorn does a bunch of damage but you cant really get that many kills with it with full ammo. Icebreaker has a small magazine size and can quickly run out of ammo, preventing long sprees. they are amazing at one thing, and you cant have both equipped at the same time. those are what exotics should be. And the Mytho should be a bit OP, its supposed to be the ultimate reward for playing destiny atm (but it was too OP in PvP)

raindoc

The Mythoclast, that makes sense. I did run out of ammo a few times and was blasting them with 77 wizard, which is decent for the task, but a single full blast doesn't kill a full HP oracle so it's never ideal. For a first time on that job you get an A+ man. Every time I reload with an oracle up I start to panic and you were on top of them.

Same here, I'll be trading up to Fatebringer, you know.... one day. One day.

And yeeeah no way on the Tiger Strikes being better xp. The daily Story at 28 is actually really good XP, but obviously only once a day. Tiger Strikes are pretty negligible. Bounties are huge- NEVER forget to equip the right items turning them in.

Yeah to all of this, including the "Oracle, Fuck, I need to reload"-part.
I love my Mythoclasts, I think they're fun to use even post patch, but ammo is indeed a problem - though IMO it's probably (at least partially) a self-made problem due to the mag-size. Using the Mythoclast I'm much more likely to spray without praying (because who needs a god, if you have 50+ shots in an AR mag), than using another AR (Shadow Price for example).
But one day I'll exchange my VM for Fatebringer. Or any other Hand Cannon that's worth it.
From all my friends I used to be the only one who used Hand Cannons from start, by now I'm the only one who didn't earn The Last Word, Hawkmoon or Fatebringer...
This game could be tons more fun, if just somebody nailed RNGsus to a cross (and waited for a couple of days).

realcZk

For anyone using the PS gold headset, does it hook up by bluetooth or does it require a dedicated usb port on the console for a revceiver?

Tovarisc

I can't believe some people are pissed that everyone has to learn all the raid positions and that cheese is being removed. I'm excited to do things the right way and learn new things. So much Destiny/Bungie hate/rage but they keep playing it seems.

But what is "right way"? One that happens to be flavor of the week at Bungie before they feel that flavor of apple was wrong way, but strawberry is right one?

Either they have no QA department [or need competent, who go further than login screen, testers] or Atheon picking 3 furthers was original "right way", but how fast community basically trivialized Atheon battle they decided to change it mid-tier.

How many games like this, with raid content, you know to change encounters this much mid-tier? Usually devs just take things like this as loss and do better next time.

Bossun

Man you know it's gonna be a boring week when it's barely tuesday and you already soloted Nightfall and the weekly heroic.

I just want to keep my raid so I at least have something to do this week end...

cilonen

I was using the Vex Mythoclast at 283 (need Ass ;-;) for a while and running out of ammo, but then at like the last 3 attempts i changed to a 300 Monte Carlo, so i had way more ammo.

And thanks lol. It was my first attempt at doing the oracles.

Hey hey, I didn't know you were hooked on this too :)

If we get time zones sorted and I can get back online at some point we should run something!

I'm probably in the minority here but having been at the "end game" for weeks now... does anybody else feel like bounties sort of = chores?

I read that comparison on a thread over at B.net and pretty much agree. They do feel like chores. "No man, sorry, can't run that daily yet i have to get all the bounties done and farm some relic iron. I'll catch you in 3 hours."

*Splinter

The point he made was that Sony, as a paid service provider, needs to resolve their issues and in the mean time compensate those affected by their downtime.

Now i'm not saying i agree... but i think that's what you missed. His comparison between Sony's PS+ and other reputable service providers who routinely compensate their users when outages happen.
I admit I didn't adress it... My original response (which did) was too dick-ish so I didn't post it :p

Carn82

Yeah it's quite unremarkable and I've levelled it till I need to use shards only because my Warlock is effectively getting whatever's left over from my Titan and Hunter builds.

Recently bought the Devil You Know for my Warlock, so hopefully I now have guns I want to level up.

Yeah, im thinking about picking up TDYK myself; sharding it is.

agreed. Gjallarhorn does a bunch of damage but you cant really get that many kills with it with full ammo. Icebreaker has a small magazine size and can quickly run out of ammo, preventing long sprees. they are amazing at one thing, and you cant have both equipped at the same time. those are what exotics should be. And the Mytho should be a bit OP, its supposed to be the ultimate reward for playing destiny atm (but it was too OP in PvP)

Those two weapons will never be replaceable in the vog raid because of the utility they bring and how the encounters are designed. Gjallar takes 90% life off a praetorian on hard in 1 shot. Ice breaker's "weakness" of running out of ammo eventually is never really a problem in the current raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom