• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Another day in the Destiny thread, people bitching about all the same things, and saying they are done. It's so strange how this happens every day yet this has been the fastest moving thread on Gaf for almost 2 months. All these people quit every day, all kinds of people cancelled their preorders, so many quit because the crucible has specials and ADS.

So why does the thread never slow? Everyone is supposedly quitting...

I can't believe some people are pissed that everyone has to learn all the raid positions and that cheese is being removed. I'm excited to do things the right way and learn new things. So much Destiny/Bungie hate/rage but they keep playing it seems.

Kudos to Bungie for doing the best they can to make people play the way it was designed to be played. It takes balls to say play right or quit. I respect that.

Umm... WHAT!?!

Did you read this thread, no one is complaining that the cheese is gone, most are complaining that with the cheese gone the bugs/glitches from Day 1 are still present, no stealth fix to adjust any of the problems the community was vocal about

The game is good in certain facets, it can be much better also
Before you stick your tongue up Bungie's ass and give them a nice polish, read what is happening in this thread

realcZk

yea somebody should be dropping weapons of light bubbles before atheon teleports people.

We usually do blessing of light before we leave the middle platform so everyone can get away safely then WoL as soon as we get TP'd for max duration, but either one is better than nothing.

Lakitu

st5fu
I finally got my copy of Alien: Isolation (was lost in the post), going to have to take a break from Destiny. Anxious to play it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
lol so people shouldn't complain if PSN is down? we should just accept it and deal with it?

Plus how will we know if it's working if we don't try?

It's dumb to complain about things you should have known. For example, if you know it is raining outside, it's dumb to go outside without an umbrella and then complain about getting wet. I'm all for railing on PSN/Sony/Bungie, but it's silly to know that there are service issues but expect the service to work anyway. If you log in and don't know about it, then that's different.

joecanada

I was using the Vex Mythoclast at 283 (need Ass ;-;) for a while and running out of ammo, but then at like the last 3 attempts i changed to a 300 Monte Carlo, so i had way more ammo.

And thanks lol. It was my first attempt at doing the oracles.

My man, monte carlo isn't half as bad as people try to make it out to be but who knows maybe they will buff it lol even better...
I take impact perk because it's pretty low and then add high impact rounds for staggering opponents...
Which perks you like?

patchday

Another day in the Destiny thread, people bitching about all the same things, and saying they are done. It's so strange how this happens every day yet this has been the fastest moving thread on Gaf for almost 2 months. All these people quit every day, all kinds of people cancelled their preorders, so many quit because the crucible has specials and ADS.

I can't believe some people are pissed that everyone has to learn all the raid positions and that cheese is being removed. I'm excited to do things the right way and learn new things. So much Destiny/Bungie hate/rage but they keep playing it seems.

Kudos to Bungie for doing the best they can to make people play the way it was designed to be played. It takes balls to say play right or quit. I respect that.

Having a fast moving thread is not always a good sign. More than half of the posts are people begging for help. If this game had more matchmaking ingame it would be a lot more silent lol

Navy Bean

We must get our revenge after our disappointing loss last time. It will be like shooting fish in a barrel this time. Plus misterthirsty needs the fight as well. If all goes to hell he can distract with his bubble lol.

just keep that damn bubble out of my firing line! I always forget that you cant shoot out of it...

It's dumb to complain about things you should have known. For example, if you know it is raining outside, it's dumb to go outside without an umbrella and then complain about getting wet. I'm all for railing on PSN/Sony/Bungie, but it's silly to know that there are service issues but expect the service to work anyway. If you log in and don't know about it, then that's different.

I agree with you, but it is kind of ridiculous how much PSN goes down. For a paid service, it's pathetic.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Devil You Know might be the "best" weapon in the game. The reason I put the quotes is because we obviously know it isn't the highest damage weapon, or even the highest damage hand cannon for that fact. However, it is a weapon you can easily buy from a vendor, and when fully leveled it fucking mows down mobs, poppin heads like champagne corks. Being a legendary and not an exotic, gives it a lot of flexibility in your builds when you need to swap around exotics between special and heavy. It is a workhorse you can't go wrong with.

<3 my The Devil You Know
It had saved my life and my fireteam's runs many times. It is a prized part of my arsenal and I will never, ever dismantle it even when a maxed Fatebringer is mine one day.

Seriously you guys.... the exotic equip restriction is a very, very good thing. I wouldn't give a shit about my purple guns if my goal was to replace them all with yellows. But TDYK enables me to also hold Pocket Infinity or Gjallarhorn while being a magnificent weapon in its own right. That shit is not nothing.
Having a fast moving thread is not always a good sign.
Lol! Agreed.

Sooo, now that we're past that, are you arguing these threads move so fast because Destiny is bad? XD
More than half of the posts are people begging for help. If this game had more matchmaking ingame it would be a lot more silent lol
If you mean legitimate blind matchmaking for the Nightfall/Raid: I wouldn't touch it with a 20-foot-pole regardless of how well it was implemented. I like that this thread is a fairly good bet as a place to come for fireteam members, in addition to a venue for discussion.

Acorn

The Devil You Know might be the "best" weapon in the game. The reason I put the quotes is because we obviously know it isn't the highest damage weapon, or even the highest damage hand cannon for that fact. However, it is a weapon you can easily buy from a vendor, and when fully leveled it fucking mows down mobs, poppin heads like champagne corks. Being a legendary and not an exotic, gives it a lot of flexibility in your builds when you need to swap around exotics between special and heavy. It is a workhorse you can't go wrong with.

<3 my The Devil You Know
Ha I just bought this today to get rid of marks. Glad I forgot to dismantle it now!

Have you guys tried restoring licenses?

The problem always crops up when PSN is having issues, making license restore useless because it won't let you do it. The last big PSN maintenance a couple weeks ago where it was down for 7 hours I literally couldn't play anything, even offline indie games. It just completely locked me out of my games.

Edit:

Also, I remember I restored my licenses a few days prior so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

ocean

Banned
My 27 Warlock has only done one mission on Venus. It turns out I get to run the rest of the remaining story missions at level 28 for like 7500 exp each!

If anyone has an alt with a lot of pending story missions, let's team up tomorrow to level weapons up. It'll be better than bounties even :)

joecanada

There is zero chance anyone should have known psn would be fd up today. Your analogy is that I would look at my ps4 and see its "raining " and therefore not log in at all....
Makes no sense.
Unless you are proposing that we should expect t psn to be fd up after every update? That's a pretty damning statement toward psn in general

Dart

Won't work since PSN is offline, that's probably the cause of the issue to begin with.

anddo0 said this has been an issue a week after Destiny came out though.

Can't imagine why specifically today's PSN downtime affected him in the past :/

Unless you meant the few time PSN was down, in which case it is certainly a possibility.

Mindlog

Got the report on my Nightfalls.
1 Fusion Rifle (Arc FWC)
1 Fusion Rifle (Solar 77 WIzard)
1 Legendary Chest Engram (1 Strange Coin)

+25% XP Gain!
Blargh.
On the plus side I am going to have enough strange coins to buy Xur out.

It had saved my life and my fireteam's runs many times. It is a prized part of my arsenal and I will never, ever dismantle it even when a maxed Fatebringer is mine one day.

Seriously you guys.... the exotic equip restriction is a very, very good thing. I wouldn't give a shit about my purple guns if my goal was to replace them all with yellows. But TDYK enables me to also hold Pocket Infinity or Gjallarhorn while being a magnificent weapon in its own right. That shit is not nothing.

My lunchtime purchase is really picking up steam today. I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk THIS much about TDYK before. Now I have one and suddenly it's "one of the best guns in the game."

Now, if we could do something about my Mythoclast, I'd be a happy camper. Go back and forth between Mythoclast and TDYK (Fatebringer) as primaries and IB and Praedyth's Revenge as special.

Gjallahorn needs to be in the mix also I suppose. Fine, TDYK/Praedyths/Gjallahorn. LOOK OUT!

MADGAME

I think if you sift through the comments and dig a bit deeper, you will see people really like the game, that's why the thread moves so fast and is so popular.

People seem to be upset because there is so much broken with the game, lack of content, repetitive nature, etc and instead of addressing those particular issues Bungie focuses on things the majority doesn't seem to want. Not just talking about Atheon cheese, read the comments to the updates on the Bungie forums and you will get a bit more perspective.

hydruxo

<3 my The Devil You Know

I've lost count of the amount of times I've recommended it on here haha. It does everything and I still use it often even though I have Hawkmoon and Fatebringer. TDYK is ol reliable for me.

X-Frame

I just want to finish this last Nightfall so that I can see if I was graciously awarded Gjallarhorn! Only a mediocre shotgun and rocket launcher so far.

Reminds me of the boycott people were trying to start for Modern Warfare 2, PC version I think. Something like the steam boycott group where it showed everyone in the group playing the game lol

Cømet

Banned
Fingers crossed for raid helmet from hard this week. So close to 30.

Gonna run nightfall and weekly on my Warlock alt, if anyone's down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Umm... WHAT!?!

Did you read this thread, no one is complaining that the cheese is gone, most are complaining that with the cheese gone the bugs/glitches from Day 1 are still present, no stealth fix to adjust any of the problems the community was vocal about

The game is good in certain facets, it can be much better also
Before you stick your tongue up Bungie's ass and give them a nice polish, read what is happening in this thread
He didn't make any mention of what people in particular were complaining about, he made a value judgment on what was fixed, and noted that people were complaining, which they are. The random teleport change has seen no shortage of complaints and even vitriol and I assure you I've been reading every page. Whether or not anyone is complaining about the cheese being gone or not is separate I suppose but I'm not prepared to concede that "no one" is complaining about that just yet, either.

Having tempered expectations and failing to react violently to things that are not ideal isn't the same as tonguing a developer's ass. If this distinction were more clear to more people I'd be able to enjoy a variety of gaming communities more of the time.

realcZk

My lunchtime purchase is really picking up steam today. I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk THIS much about TDYK before. Now I have one and suddenly it's "one of the best guns in the game."

Now, if we could do something about my Mythoclast, I'd be a happy camper. Go back and forth between Mythoclast and TDYK (Fatebringer) as primaries and IB and Praedyth's Revenge as special.

Gjallahorn needs to be in the mix also I suppose. Fine, TDYK/Praedyths/Gjallahorn. LOOK OUT!

TYDK is pretty damn good. I used it until I got Fatebringer and I could go back/forth without much difference between the two.

It wasn't supposed to be an excuse, it was a suggestion.

He doesn't have a point, he's complaining on the Internet.

PSN service is shitty, I can't log in right now and this happens "too" often. My options are:
1) drop to the free service
2) change console
3) change hobby
4) wait for the service to improve
5) buy Sony
For now I go with option 4, because despite the flaws I feel the good outweighs the bad and it is still my preferred choice of the options.

"Complaining on the Internet" brings me no closer to any of these options.

The point he made was that Sony, as a paid service provider, needs to resolve their issues and in the mean time compensate those affected by their downtime.

Now i'm not saying i agree... but i think that's what you missed. His comparison between Sony's PS+ and other reputable service providers who routinely compensate their users when outages happen.

Navy Bean

I think if you sift through the comments and dig a bit deeper, you will see people really like the game, that's why the thread moves so fast and is so popular.

People seem to be upset because there is so much broken with the game, lack of content, repetitive nature, etc and instead of addressing those particular issues Bungie focuses on things the majority doesn't seem to want. Not just talking about Atheon cheese, read the comments to the updates on the Bungie forums and you will get a bit more perspective.

Yeah, people clearly like the game. But it also has a ton of issues and instead of fixing most of the issues Bungie patches out fun exploits and nerfs the fun weapons. Still having some fun but I will definitely be playing less now that I'm level 30 and other games are releasing.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm happy with the new patch because I can learn new cheese methods...

I found a way to cheese the Gorgon to get the grimorie card solo yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom