• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Details on Noel Gallagher's first TWO solo albums (1st out Oct 17)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

Listened to four of the ten songs so far and WOW do they sound good, apart from If I Had a Gun, which was kinda bleh. Didn't really have any interest in this since I haven't really cared about what Oasis has done in a long time. Glad to be so positively surprised.

Meier

Looks like The Chief will definitely go in at #1. I was somewhat concerned since Death of You and Me was #9 during the midweeks but fell to #15.. but this lead is now insurmountable.

Noel Gallagher’s debut solo set is on course to become the first album for more than a month to sell more than 100,000 copies in a week in the UK after establishing a commanding lead on midweek sales figures.

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, issued on the Sour Marsh label, had sold 94,447 copies up to the end of trading on Thursday since its release at the beginning of the week, more than 40,000 ahead of nearest challenger Letters by Columbia/Syco’s Matt Cardle. Sony’s Steps album The Ultimate Collection is in third place, according to Official Charts Company figures.
http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1047123&c=1

Medalion

Banned
The only thing that prevents an Oasis reunion was Liam's insistence to never do that but a recent tweet by him has reopened the possibility but for the anniversary of the Morning Glory only that is known so far

Noel was still pissed off at Liam back when it was still fresh but now a lot of time has passed, I think they could talk a bit before so who knows but don't expect a reunion in the coming year

Medalion said:
The only thing that prevents an Oasis reunion was Liam's insistence to never do that but a recent tweet by him has reopened the possibility but for the anniversary of the Morning Glory only that is known so far

Noel was still pissed off at Liam back when it was still fresh but now a lot of time has passed, I think they could talk a bit before so who knows but don't expect a reunion in the coming year
This will only end with another Gallagher being pushed off the stage. I doubt it will be at the hands of a crazed fan this time, though.

Medalion

Banned
Typographenia said:
This will only end with another Gallagher being pushed off the stage. I doubt it will be at the hands of a crazed fan this time, though.
Yeah newsflash to us all, even if they did somehow get back together they WILL continue to fight... it's just a matter of figuring out if they can endure like previous fights or break it off again

Meier

Stone Roses sold 225k tickets and bagged around £12.5 million in sales in an hour. The 2015 reunion will happen. :p

Medalion

Banned
Meier said:
Stone Roses sold 225k tickets and bagged around £12.5 million in sales in an hour. The 2015 reunion will happen. :p
Did you watch the Jonathan Ross show with Noel Gallagher last night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9zAlNR6Rg&feature=channel_video_title

Noel was very non-committal about the whole thing even when John kept pushing and pushing

Noel made some very uncomfortable faces in between moments when he wasn't trying to put on a call witty face

I am sure it could happen but those 2 got a lot of shit to work through... why should Noel give Liam a chance to earn a shit load of money again if he is still suing his older brother and talking shit behind his back?

And btw, it is official, Noel's album has gone to #1

whereas Beady Eye only achieved #3

Great interview. I hated that the host kept pushing, but whatever.

"Nobody needs to know what color socks I'm wearing. Black, by the way."

"Do you enjoy that kind of a conflict?"
"I was high as a kite, to be honest."

And his thing with his son and simon cowell was too funny, haha.

Set list for the first gig:

'(It's Good) To Be Free'
'Mucky Fingers'
'Everybody's On The Run'
'Dream On'
'If I Had A Gun'
'The Good Rebel'
'The Death Of You And Me'
'Freaky Teeth'
'Wonderwall'
'Supersonic'
'(I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine'
'AKA… What A Life'
'Talk Tonight'
'Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks'
'AKA… Broken Arrow'
'Half The World Away'
'(Stranded On) The Wrong Beach'
'Don't Look Back In Anger'
'The Importance Of Being Idle'
'Little By Little'

Meier

Finally got around to watching the interview with Wossy. Loved it -- thanks for posting. Big fan of his so Noel being a guest on the show is just perfect.

infiniteloop said:
Set list for the first gig:

'(It's Good) To Be Free'
'Mucky Fingers'
'Everybody's On The Run'
'Dream On'
'If I Had A Gun'
'The Good Rebel'
'The Death Of You And Me'
'Freaky Teeth'
'Wonderwall'
'Supersonic'
'(I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine'
'AKA… What A Life'
'Talk Tonight'
'Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks'
'AKA… Broken Arrow'
'Half The World Away'
'(Stranded On) The Wrong Beach'
'Don't Look Back In Anger'
'The Importance Of Being Idle'
'Little By Little'
I was vaguely following the set list as they posted it on Twitter. I wonder if anyone recorded Freaky Teeth?

bud

Medalion said:
Did you watch the Jonathan Ross show with Noel Gallagher last night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9zAlNR6Rg&feature=channel_video_title

Noel was very non-committal about the whole thing even when John kept pushing and pushing

Noel made some very uncomfortable faces in between moments when he wasn't trying to put on a call witty face

I am sure it could happen but those 2 got a lot of shit to work through... why should Noel give Liam a chance to earn a shit load of money again if he is still suing his older brother and talking shit behind his back?

And btw, it is official, Noel's album has gone to #1

whereas Beady Eye only achieved #3

"but he... he threw fruit at me."

hahahaha

Meier

My brother lives in London and is going to try and get my girlfriend and I tickets to the show at the O2 tomorrow morning (he's in some priority club due his phone being O2 although I gave him the Noel website presale info too). Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Flights are only $671 at that time so it absolutely works perfectly! I was looking at the cost to see the Roses and the flights were nearly double that (late June).

Meier

Woohoo, my brother snagged tickets for us! It will be my first time visiting the UK after dreaming of doing so for most of my life. February can't come soon enough!!

Meier said:
Woohoo, my brother snagged tickets for us! It will be my first time visiting the UK after dreaming of doing so for most of my life. February can't come soon enough!!
That's awesome! I hope you have a great time at the show!
I'm so jealous. : P

Freaky Teeth is excellent, holy crap.

Meier

Agreed on Freaky Teeth, really digging that sound. Seems like a proper rocker. Hopefully we get a better recording sometime soon at a bare minimum.

dazed808

Have been listening to the Radio 2 In Concert all day and it's pretty damn good. A couple of tracks aren't the strongest vocal performance ever but that's not what you should be loving Noel for anyway. Some of the banter in-between tracks is worth the listening time alone!

Link is here for the whole 2 hour Jo Whiley show and if you know where to look you will find the whole concert with the 3 encore tracks broadcast on 6 Music straightaway after the Radio 2 show finished.

Oh and how Freaky Teeth didn't make the album is beyond me.

Meier

Also of note, the album had another solid hold and stayed at #4 in its 3rd week. Haven't seen sales figures yet but Flo's album sold 90k to be #1.

1. Florence And The Machine - 'Ceremonials'
2. Coldplay - 'Mylo Xyloto'
3. Professor Green - 'At Your Inconvenience'
4. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds'
5. Michael Bublé - 'Christmas'
6. Alfie Boe - 'Alfie'
7. Adele - '21'
8. Ed Sheeran - '+'
9. Rizzle Kicks - 'Stereo Typical'
10. Manic Street Preachers - 'National Treasures: The Complete Singles'

http://www.nme.com/news/florence-and-the-machine/60232

Ristlager

Meier said:
Also of note, the album had another solid hold and stayed at #4 in its 3rd week. Haven't seen sales figures yet but Flo's album sold 90k to be #1.

1. Florence And The Machine - 'Ceremonials'
2. Coldplay - 'Mylo Xyloto'
3. Professor Green - 'At Your Inconvenience'
4. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds'
5. Michael Bublé - 'Christmas'
6. Alfie Boe - 'Alfie'
7. Adele - '21'
8. Ed Sheeran - '+'
9. Rizzle Kicks - 'Stereo Typical'
10. Manic Street Preachers - 'National Treasures: The Complete Singles'

http://www.nme.com/news/florence-and-the-machine/60232
This is fucking great. Mad fer it!

Still doing well in sales, good for him!

Can't wait until amazon gets mine here. I've been looking forward to having this in my hands for too long! : P

Meier

It's out! Posted purchase links in the OP for Amazon and iTunes.. added some UK links as well just in case anyone is still interested there. Could not find a web-based link to the "iTunes LP" version of the album but will add it when I can get a working link.

Medalion

Banned
I tried to go to my local HMV and couldn't find the deluxe version, just the regular... I had them reserve me a copy when it arrives in stores cuz they hadn't gotten it in yet... I have a feeling it will never come though... when "Dig Out Your Soul" came out, they claimed they were going to get the deluxe version with the DVD, it never came.

I will give them a few days, if it doesn't I will get the regular version :/

Got mine in the mail today! YES!

Man, it's so good, and it sounds so much better than anything on youtube or whatever. This will be in my car for a long time. Album of the year for me, easily.

Meier

The band performed If I Had a Gun on Letterman tonight! Sounded great -- hopefully some folks will go out and buy the record after hearing it.

My mom actually called me to tell me he was on there, and I managed to catch it. They did a great job, but Letterman's little "you should try out for american idol" line made me cringe. Noel seemed rather confused by it too, haha.

Medalion

Banned
Oasis did well with DOYS and then fell off the charts in no time after their first week

Just like I expect Noel's too as well

Ristlager

Medalion said:
Oasis did well with DOYS and then fell off the charts in no time after their first week

Just like I expect Noel's too as well
Selling a 100.000 albums in a land with 260(?) millions is not doing good, even in these internet times. It gets them chartered, but most americans still se them as a one/two hit band. And for a band which have so many good singles/albums thats a damn shame. Offcourse Liam and Noels unamerican behaviour have not helped, but thats whats make them so interesting. Never sucking up to anyone, and always being honest in their interviews.

gkryhewy

Saw Noel tonight in Philly. Great gig in a great venue. Seems like he's enjoying being a frontman- he seemed like he was having a much better time than at previous Oasis shows I've attended. Lots of good banter with the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom