• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

-Mikey-

I'm very surprised by some of the PC screenie comments.

I'm running this on high with all the goodies turned on with a gtx580 and it looks great.

JohngPR

TheBanditKing said:
Just got my copy. I bought the PS3 Augmented Edition, figured I would mention a few things to everyone.
1. The PS3 version makes no mention of using Bink video so the PS3 version may have uncompressed (or less compressed) cut scenes, like FFXIII.
2. The bonus disc that comes with the PS3 version is printed on a blu-ray despite the text on the disc saying its a DVD. Not sure what benefits that would have, unless the video content on it is in HD.

I heard that your PC needs a Bluray player to copy the OST off of the disc. :-/

Quick Impressions so far 360 edition: graphics are a little dated but the game still looks amazing! and runs really good!

I am having a blast so far!

Bow:Eidos

Graphics look fine on the pc version.

CF907E62E3B36FEB44436D2828F44DBF35E0A2F6

B3A37FE7BC8F65A8E270FEC1F8FB1BBD5947E545

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Saren is Bad said:
anyone try loading times on an ssd? may move it over

Yes, many tried on SSD and the loading times are still atrocious, merely improving a second or two. I myself am playing it on an SSD and loading takes 20-30 seconds.

Varna

Man, this game reminds me a lot of Alpha Protocol (though the stealth already seems a lot better).

Doing the first official mission and though the setup was similar to the original Deus Ex it doesn't feel nearly as open.

This game is fucking me up. I am purposely trying to avoid vents and the stealth route, despite my OCD nature to explore very nook and cranny of every level. I even go in guns blazing when i cant talk my way there. I want my next stealth play through to feel at least a little fresh

Gaming4Lyfe

Neo Member
Check out IGN's Tweet. Chance to win a free copy of Deus Human Revolution

http://twitter.com/#!/IGN

Just go to IGN official twitter page and you will see the giveaway and the link

Someone should start a new thread about this tweet. I would do it, but I cant since I am new here.

Special J

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
PC version:
Notice the lack of ambient occlusion behind the character. Actually, even the rest of the scene is significantly worse in terms of AO.

Sounds like it's another case of PC getting the shaft in terms of visual fidelity, just like Underworld. =\

lulz masterrace, oh wait fuck im playing on pc. anyways pc port is being handled by another team so things being absent is not surprising.

TheExodu5

Banned
loganclaws said:
Yes, many tried on SSD and the loading times are still atrocious, merely improving a second or two. I myself am playing it on an SSD and loading takes 20-30 seconds.

Loading into the first playable part of the game on my Vertex 3 (which has 500MB/s read, mind you) takes 11 seconds.

Does the "Foxiest of the Hounds" achievement mean no alerted status or sounding no alarms from a camera?

doing this side mission with Tindall automatically puts me in alerted status

Gaming4Lyfe said:

Someone should start a new thread about this tweet. I would do it, but I cant since I am new here.

Na, this level of a promotion is appropriate for an OT, not its own thread.

Gaming4Lyfe said:

IGN and other gaming sites give away copies of games nearly every day on Twitter. I'm fine with GAF not being flooded with those threads. It's also IGN so.. "Ewww"

bathala

Banned
wow the response of the police also changes when u get in the 1st mission on time.

Also, nice to allow u explore the stage after the mission

Anyone else happen to be running into a problem where the game freezes whenever you go into the save screen from the start menu? Because it keeps happening to me and its really getting annoying.

PC version.

Reversed

From what I've seen, the physics are pretty silly. The guy who was playing as Adam
shot the group of people sitting on a couch, waiting for him to deactivate a bomb
. As they were dropping dead, the sliding seen on first person view was strangely slow.

There's also that moment where he shooted a guy, and the victim jumped not as dramatically as a knocked down Power Ranger, but man. :lol

Zane

Gaming4Lyfe said:

Hey Gaming4Lyfe, did you ever get people to send you early games so you could write sweet walkthroughz??

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3431841

garath

Wow. I just read through a couple pages. Normally I keep up with this thread but I couldn't today because I was just too busy playing.

My GOT.. century? A game hasn't sucked me in like this in I don't know how long. It's a complete throwback to everything that made PC gaming great: smooth controls, open feeling world, great gameplay. Even little touches like having to mouse over items and click on them to pick them up instead of just walking over them or pressing a single button to grab an area.

From a PC standpoint, sure, the lighting is nothing to write home to mom about but I am more than pleased with everything cranked up except SSAO and getting 80fps with my rig.

I hear the load times but really, unless you are a compulsive quick load type person, the loads are few and far in between.

I saw a few posts about mouse acceleration? Not in my game. Vsync off, SSAO off, Triple buffering on, DX11 on, mouse is perfect. I do use a Logitech mx518 and setpoint so that could be a difference maker.

I would continue to post but honestly, I'm going to bed then I'll wake up and play some more. Just happened to be perfect timing taking a vacation week this week. Wife is working and I'll be playing DX:HR all day tomorrow. By the time I look again I expect well over 150 pages :)

TheExodu5

Banned
Loading time difference for the first playable portion of the game (including the fade to black, which takes about 3 seconds):

HDD: 18.8 seconds

SSD: 14.1 seconds

The Stealth Fox said:
Oh noes no SSAO whatever will we do. Worst 60 fps/true HD ever.

Technical issues in a DX game? That's practically unheard of!

Some issues are not minor at all. The mouse issues are pretty inexcusable, in my eyes.

Blizzard

Banned
JEKKI said:
no gamepad here...

I took a youtube video with my phone to archive my frustration lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpiC33j0P-4

there's actually nothing lol about it...
Do you have a gamepad to try then? :( I wish I knew what to suggest. I guess you could try rebooting, and/or right clicking the game to get to properties and verify the game cache integrity.

cj_iwakura said:
What's the deal, master-race-GAF? Struggle with my decade old PC, or go PS3?
If it's a decade old, go PS3.

sonicmj1

I've put a decent amount of time into the game. Spent a bunch of time messing around Detroit doing sidequests and poking around the police station.

I like it a lot. It kinda reminds me of Alpha Protocol without all the jank. The shooting isn't perfect, but it's better. It's a lot easier to be stealthy. Alternate paths are more rewarding. And the hub world gives you even more freedom. It doesn't have AP's quality writing or reputation system (the VA and facial animation can be pretty awful sometimes), but you can't have everything.

I feel like I have a ton of game left, so I'm very happy with my purchase right now.

Qwomo

Gaming4Lyfe said:
I sure did.
hahahahah
Gaming4Lyfe said:
As for the $hitheads. They think they are funny, but the real joke is on them because I will eventually cut the person in that I am dealing with more money and possibility help them get a permanent job in the video game industry.
ahhhh

Off-topic, I know, but still.

Macattk15

Why the helllllllll does it take me over a minute sometimes to load a save :(

8GB of RAM, i5-2500k @ 5.0Ghz, ati 5870. This shit is real annoying. I don't have much space on my SSD ... but I may move this damn game over to it.

This game also likes to heavily hit one core.

So is my monitor calibrated wrong, my TV calibrated wrong, or do the PC/Xbox versions look entirely different? The Xbox version has much deeper colors, it really looks black and gold. Every PC build I've played looks significantly brighter and a tad washed out.

It's really obvious in cutscenes, the cutscenes on the PC have the same deep black/yellow that the Xbox version has in-game.

ultron87

Love the game.

Only issue so far: I've accidentally thrown a grenade like 5 times due to it being mapped to the right bumper on 360.

But that's my fault.

TheExodu5

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Why the helllllllll does it take me over a minute sometimes to load a save :(

8GB of RAM, i5-2500k @ 5.0Ghz, ati 5870. This shit is real annoying. I don't have much space on my SSD ... but I may move this damn game over to it.

This game also likes to heavily hit one core.

Over a minute? That seems really weird.

Do me a favor: turn off vsync, and then try loading the same save. Maybe the loading engine is tied to the framerate (incredibly dumb, but I've seen it happen in a game I can't remember).

Macattk15

TheExodu5 said:
Over a minute? That seems really weird.

Do me a favor: turn off vsync, and then try loading the same save. Maybe the loading engine is tied to the framerate (incredibly dumb, but I've seen it happen in a game I can't remember).

Vsync has been off ... so has Triple Buffering. Its longest when I die and its loading my last save ...

I'll go die and legitly count how long it takes to load.

I love this game. It truly is a successor to Deus Ex. Now comes the hard part, picking my first Augs . I loved the social and hacking ones before, but I kind of want to try a more combat approach. Oh well part of the fun is replaying!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The load times in China are abysmal. Far worse than Detroit.

TheExodu5

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Vsync has been off ... so has Triple Buffering. Its longest when I die and its loading my last save ...

I haven't really tried playing yet. I'll see what happens when I die.

Macattk15

Macattk15 said:

87 fucking seconds. Its not my hard drive. Everything else ... Fallout:New Vegas .... etc loads in normal times.

Coretemps don't go crazy, GPU temp doesn't go crazy ... I have no idea.

robotzombie said:
Anyone else happen to be running into a problem where the game freezes whenever you go into the save screen from the start menu? Because it keeps happening to me and its really getting annoying.

PC version.

Here are the specs

Intel i7-740QM (1.73GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz)
8GB RAM (DDR3 1333MHz), 2GB x 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 16GB
Nvidia GTX 460M Graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5

I really just cant play because it freezes whenever I try to deal with the start menu and saving/loading. The game starts up normally, when it first starts there are some hesitations and choppiness which end up going away after a minute. Is it something where I should be turning down some graphics options or something?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
gibon3z said:
Graphics look fine on the pc version.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541777522562413495/CF907E62E3B36FEB44436D2828F44DBF35E0A2F6/[IMG]

[IMG]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541777522562411027/B3A37FE7BC8F65A8E270FEC1F8FB1BBD5947E545/[IMG][/QUOTE]

How do you disable the hud? I was trying to take some screens but couldn't temp. turn it off. :/

TheExodu5

Banned
Macattk15 said:
87 fucking seconds. Its not my hard drive. Everything else ... Fallout:New Vegas .... etc loads in normal times.

Coretemps don't go crazy, GPU temp doesn't go crazy ... I have no idea.

That's ridiculous.

Question about the first mission:

I tried talking the guy into letting the woman go but he didn't and she died. I feel bad now :-( What direction should I have gone in the dialogue to free her?

Top Bottom