• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Vaporak

Anyone find any automated hack tools in detroit? When I played the press build I remember being able to buy some but they don't seem to be for sale in the release version.

DTKT

SalsaShark said:
cf6bad400878fc58c0ca01fdab114c076938c362.PNG

Im seriously going to kill someone.

Isnt that the correct date for the Europe release?

Salsa

DTKT said:
Isnt that the correct date for the Europe release?

yes

but their GENIUS system is that if you are a "level 2" user, you get to respond questions like that when you contact GG, so instead of talking to them, i get to hear the response from this dipshit who thinks Europe is the only continent in the world.

GamersGate lists the game's release date as "23 OF AUGUST" and recognizes my region, so if i get the game on the 26 im gonna be mad as FUCK. Not like im not already, but still.

sfried

Playing the OnLive version (which is essentially the PC version). Only problem I've had so far was long load times while save scumming.

Salsa

plc268 said:
Why did you go with gamersgate? I thought you preordered it off of GMG?

friend of mine works there and i was able to get it cheaper (about the same price gmg had it later on, mind you. I got it on day 1), but he aint at a level where he can respond wtf is going on, and he's as mad as i am.

robotzombie said:
Here are the specs

Intel i7-740QM (1.73GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz)
8GB RAM (DDR3 1333MHz), 2GB x 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 16GB
Nvidia GTX 460M Graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5

I really just cant play because it freezes whenever I try to deal with the start menu and saving/loading. The game starts up normally, when it first starts there are some hesitations and choppiness which end up going away after a minute. Is it something where I should be turning down some graphics options or something?

For the record, here is how it automatically set up on my pc:

res 1920x1080
refresh rate 60hz
AntiAliasing MLAA
Texture Filtering Trilinear
Shadows Normal
SSAO Normal
DOF Normal

V-Sync enabled
Post-processing enabled
Tessellation enabled

any suggestions?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Damn game is a wet dream for those who like world design and history. So much efforts gone into all the little things that make up the game. You can spend an hour just reading the emails off the all the computers in the first area.

aegies

SalsaShark said:
friend of mine works there and i was able to get it cheaper (about the same price gmg had it later on, mind you. I got it on day 1), but he aint at a level where he can respond wtf is going on, and he's as mad as i am.

If I could give you a key to the game right now, would you pay yours forward to someone else who wants to play but can't because of financial reasons or whatever once you get it?

Gvaz

Banned
SalsaShark said:
cf6bad400878fc58c0ca01fdab114c076938c362.PNG

Im seriously going to kill someone.
I'm sorry Salsa, GamersGate is situated in the UK/Europe, so whatever keys they have are from that region which means they can only release it on their release date.

Salsa

aegies said:
If I could give you a key to the game right now, would you pay yours forward to someone else who wants to play but can't because of financial reasons or whatever once you get it?

believe me i would, but i got the Augmented Edition and im really looking forward to the extras :/ that's the only reason why i havent gotten the game again on another site and gave my gamersgate key once i have it.

Gvaz said:
I'm sorry Salsa, GamersGate is situated in the UK/Europe, so whatever keys they have are from that region which means they can only release it on their release date.

Not true. They gave me the Duke Nukem Forever steam key on the American release date, while they handled European keys later.

Do I need to rush to get to the helipad at the "beginning" of the game. Or can I mess around for a bit?
Already was warned to hurry
Will I have a chance to explore when I get back?

mr stroke

Game looks really nice in Eyefinity. Performance on the other hand is all over the place. ATI 6990 and getting 20-45 FPS with everything maxed@ 5760x1200 res

aegies

SalsaShark said:
believe me i would, but i got the Augmented Edition and im really looking forward to the extras :/ that's the only reason why i havent gotten the game again on another site and gave my gamersgate key once i have it.

Not true. They gave me the Duke Nukem Forever steam key on the American release date, while they handled European keys later.

Let me see what i can do. What's your steam name?

DTKT

The_Inquisitor said:
Do I need to rush to get to the helipad at the "beginning" of the game. Or can I mess around for a bit?

Yes.

You come back and you can follow up of some of the "quests" you started before getting into the helipad.

The_Inquisitor said:

You should hurry if you want to
rescue the hostages
. Everything will be there for you to explore afterwards!

gibon3z said:
Graphics look fine on the pc version.
[/IMG]

You're using shots that don't show that much. I love the game but the character models of a lot of the NPCs, even major story ones, look like up-rezed PS2 era/2007 graphics. I'm maxing it out with vsync locked at 60 fps. It's also a little unoptimized given it's general lack of hardware breaking visuals. Oh well, I'm still amazed by the open ended gameplay.

Also, hopefully they release a patch fixing the load times. They're pretty atrocious even for an open world game. My HDD burns through loading screens on all my other games.

renitou

SalsaShark said:
http://i.picpar.com/cf6bad400878fc58c0ca01fdab114c076938c362.PNG[IMG]

Im seriously going to kill someone.[/QUOTE]
Take a breath. It's a game. You'll get to play it one way or the other.

Salsa

aegies said:
Let me see what i can do. What's your steam name?

Sent you a pm, but seriously, i dont want anyone spending more money because of another site being stupid.

renitou said:
Take a breath. It's a game. You'll get to play it one way or the other.

Im aware, im not pulling my hair here, im just mad because what's the whole point of doing a PRE-ORDER if youre not gonna play the game on release? :/ its stupid and as a costumer i have every right to wanna burn the fucking place down.

LastWindow said:
Question about the first mission:

I tried talking the guy into letting the woman go but he didn't and she died. I feel bad now :-( What direction should I have gone in the dialogue to free her?

You should have picked empathy each time.

Huh. How do you
find the code that lets you into the locker with Megan's bracelet? My brother hadn't been putting any points into hacking at all and found it when he stumbled into the police station and started a firefight that forced him to kill everyone inside. When I did my pacifist/nonlethal run, I only knocked out a few guards. I hadn't gotten to Level 3 Capture yet since I was saving up for some other augs.

Is it on the interrogation room computer, or the one at the reception desk behind Haas? Because I guess you'd need cloaking or some kind of other method to get to those without causing the entire police force to go hostile.

I already finished the quest a while back, I was just wondering.

aegies

SalsaShark said:
Sent you a pm, but seriously, i dont want anyone spending more money because of another site being stupid.

Im aware, im not pulling my hair thing, im just mad because what's the whole point of doing a PRE-ORDER if youre not gonna play the game on release? :/ its stupid and as a costumer i have every right to wanna burn the fucking place down.

I am a man with various things in my pockets. Sometimes, something might fall out of one of those pockets. I'm checking to see if one of those things is augmented.

Do you lose the stealth bonus if a camera momentarily spots you and then you go back into hiding? I think it says "suspected"? I didn't notice if the bonus popped up or not, is there a way to go back and check?

Grisby

This game....finally my cyberpunk fantasy has come to life. The art is amazing.

Oh, quick pseudo first kinda quest area question (my OCD must know):
I found a janitors data pocket talking about the missing drugs (and how he says to meet behind a gas station) in the Sariff building but I have no more leads. Am I done and need to continue more later or what?

The Stealth Fox

This game is so, so good. About to enter Hengsha after about 7 hours of play I think. I always end up bee-lining things on my first playthrough anyway.

Zeliard

L00P said:
Gah. This game isn't very friendly when it comes to quick-loading, which I do all the time

Yeah I find that unfortunate too. Probably just encourages some people to experiment less than otherwise.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
EmCeeGramr said:
Huh. How do you
find the code that lets you into the locker with Megan's bracelet? My brother hadn't been putting any points into hacking at all and found it when he stumbled into the police station and started a firefight that forced him to kill everyone inside. When I did my pacifist/nonlethal run, I only knocked out a few guards. I hadn't gotten to Level 3 Capture yet since I was saving up for some other augs.

Is it on the interrogation room computer, or the one at the reception desk behind Haas? Because I guess you'd need cloaking or some kind of other method to get to those without causing the entire police force to go hostile.

I already finished the quest a while back, I was just wondering.

Not sure where it is hidden in the station, but I know you can also get the code by
pressuring the cop doing his part time security job using the speech aug.

ultron87

Someone please assure me that the fragile cardboard boxes never have items in them.

Walking past one without throwing and breaking it will destroy me inside unless I know they never have anything in them.

aegies

SalsaShark said:

Im aware, im not pulling my hair here, im just mad because what's the whole point of doing a PRE-ORDER if youre not gonna play the game on release? :/ its stupid and as a costumer i have every right to wanna burn the fucking place down.

Check your PMs. Have fun, etc.

Okay, is there any chance anyone would be able to help me with this, I hate to be so annoying, but I really don't want 50 bucks to go down the drain instantly, so I'll post this again:

Anyone else happen to be running into a problem where the game freezes whenever you go into the save screen from the start menu? Because it keeps happening to me and its really getting annoying.

PC version.

Here are the specs

Intel i7-740QM (1.73GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz)
8GB RAM (DDR3 1333MHz), 2GB x 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 16GB
Nvidia GTX 460M Graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5

I really just cant play because it freezes whenever I try to deal with the start menu and saving/loading. The game starts up normally, when it first starts there are some hesitations and choppiness which end up going away after a minute. Is it something where I should be turning down some graphics options or something?

For the record, here is how it automatically set up on my pc:

res 1920x1080
refresh rate 60hz
AntiAliasing MLAA
Texture Filtering Trilinear
Shadows Normal
SSAO Normal
DOF Normal

V-Sync enabled
Post-processing enabled
Tessellation enabled

any suggestions?