• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

bob page

I dunno, call me crazy, but the 360 version looks better than any PC screen I've seen so far (in terms of overall image quality).

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
bob page said:
I dunno, call me crazy, but the 360 version looks better than any PC screen I've seen so far (in terms of overall image quality).
o_O

82C19689F625884AFB2D98D1CD4D1BD867B97680

8C737E681B50D6C006C696E70220E8B910EFE2B7

bob page

NaM said:
Surprisingly, the lighting in the 360 version looked better in both of those areas. The textures also looked more detailed (not sure if it's because the resolution is so large on those screens). Look at the floor, desk, etc. in those screens... something just looks off (lighting most likely).

Solo

Unless you are able to wholly separate art from tech, its not a great looking game on any platform. Not on a low end PC, not on 360, not on PS3, not on a high end PC.

In that respect, it truly is a DX sequel.

TheExodu5

Banned
PC version:
k0uax.jpg

360 version:
beaaba219de0f4608e096360ecbe038b220acab8.jpg

Notice the lack of ambient occlusion behind the character. Actually, even the rest of the scene is significantly worse in terms of AO.

Sounds like it's another case of PC getting the shaft in terms of visual fidelity, just like Underworld. =\

I'm enjoying the game as much as the rest of you but this PC port is kind of shit. Mouse acceleration, random crashes/freezes for some, fudged SSAO, no MSAA. The fact they actually had a trailer boasting about PC exclusive features and yet all this shit made it past QA is hilarious.

bob page said:

Ya the 360 version seems on par with some of these screens you guys are posting, I wouldnt go as far to say it looks better but it runs really damn good and im more than happy

I agree that the X360 version looks better with the ambient occlusion, but it appears the PC version has higher res textures on the character models, like above.

kokujin

Banned
any word on a patch for the PC version?It seems like it has a few key problems, and I'd rather wait to play it if it's going to be patched.

Oh balls old credit card used on my order back in May, had to update payment options, only noticed today. Probably won't get the game until Saturday... sigh.

TheExodu5

Banned
For those who do care about the mouse issues, to fix them, you need to turn off both SSAO, and DirectX 11. Turn off triple buffering / vsync at your own discretion.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
TheExodu5 said:
PC version:
http://i.imgur.com/k0uax.jpg[img]

360 version:
[img]http://i.picpar.com/beaaba219de0f4608e096360ecbe038b220acab8.jpg[img]

Notice the lack of ambient occlusion behind the character. Actually, even the rest of the scene is significantly worse in terms of AO.

Sounds like it's another case of PC getting the shaft in terms of visual fidelity, just like Underworld. =\[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921063338626/BD569A120F839D1A20AEED10F410031D223F1443/

This is the closest I have, I do agree on the lighthing being off, but the textures? c'mon. Also FXAA High does a decent job. I'm please with the port, coming from the leak this is a HUGE step in polish, also I don't have dx11 so I assume this can be improved.

TheExodu5 said:
For those who do care about the mouse issues, to fix them, you need to turn off both SSAO, and DirectX 11. Turn off triple buffering / vsync at your own discretion.

Wow, don't you just love quality PC ports lol.

bob page

NaM said:
This is the closest I have, I do agree on the lighthing being off, but the textures? c'mon. Also FXAA High does a decent job. I'm please with the port, coming from the leak this is a HUGE step in polish, also I don't have dx11 so I assume this can be improved.
The character model textures do look better, but it all just looks.... sterile? I don't feel that way with the 360 version.

Regardless, I'll probably play it on my rig for my 2nd playthrough.

x3sphere

Compared to PC, textures look muddy to me on the 360 version.

Anyways, I'm not having any problems with the game other than long loading times and I don't notice the mouse lag, shrugs.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
TheExodu5 said:
PC version:
(some pictures)

Sounds like it's another case of PC getting the shaft in terms of visual fidelity, just like Underworld. =\

Huh? Getting the shaft how, by actually having additional decals/texture and not looking completely washed out?

Amir0x

Banned
now i know the game depicts an unrealistic future. Everyone knows SquareEnix will be out of business by then.

and Detroit actually not being a wasteland? Pfft. They really need to work on their depiction of the future.

JEKKI

grrr help I am stuck at the begining!!!

HbXgl.jpg

Im playing on PC, and I cant seem to move!!! the screen is stuck at this part!!!

I can look around with my mouse, I can press either ESC or SPACE to bring up a blank screen that lets me click on RESUME

but other than that, no other buttons are making me move at all!!!

I am such a PC gaming scrub, this is the only game Ive ever played other than Starcraft, but I thought PC was suppose to be the way to go for this game... >_< now I dont even know how to get past the beginning...

slipknot2009

Neo Member
So basically, I keep trying to play stealth mode and end up constantly ending up in massive fire fights. I may just ditch that for a more psuedo run and gun style.

How's everyone else finding the stealth?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Ended up ordering it from Gamestop online, and using my gift card there, since I don't plan on ever going into another GS again.

I'm reminded why I use Amazon. If it wasn't for the genuinely surprising gift card from my friend, I'd have ordered it from there instead.

Fricking Gamestop. Well, now I guess I just wait for it to finally get shipped to me. Hopefully it will be here before the weekend. *sigh*

TheExodu5

Banned
Knuckleruckamus said:
Huh? Getting the shaft how, by actually having additional decals/texture and not looking completely washed out?

I didn't say it looked worse, I just said it got the shaft like Underworld did: compromises. Significantly inferior SSAO, in this case.

Qwomo

Really though, is anyone else having problems with their eyes hating this game?

It's driving me crazy, I can barely play it.

I think it may be the refresh rate, it's stuck at 59 Hz? It's that or lag while turning.

Blizzard

Banned
Honestly most people didn't seem to be having problems with the PC version as far as I could tell, right? I mean, the day where we're complaining about a game with DX11 (unlike say Crysis 2), that has what, 5 DIFFERENT anti-aliasing options, that has individual controls for two different mouse axis, that has vsync AND triple buffering options, that has 99 save slots, AND quick saves... They even spent some specific effort to work on the PC version if I recall correctly.

Now seriously, there are flaws, but given all those features, how many games/ports typically have those features? o_O

Just came home with the Augmented Edition. Holy shit, even at only $10 extra this is pathetic. The artbook is thinner than my local cony island's menu.

JEKKI

I've pressed every button on my keyboard and every button on my mouse!!!

the only new buttons that work are the windows buttons (which brings me back to windows) and another button that took a screenshot!!!

I think I just spent $60 on a game that won't let me play it :(

x3sphere

dreamer3kx said:
PC version looks too damn clean, console versions look more I dont know, more realistic, Im just basing on screenshots above.

Texture compression is what's giving the 360 ver that look, not sure how anyone could like that, but whatever...

Here's some screens of different areas

4de05d32537d6ac1b2c8c7547a22b03007df2263.jpg

d1d0a58b4367893445f8729a9844c5ec1d70f574.jpg

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
TheExodu5 said:
I didn't say it looked worse, I just said it got the shaft like Underworld did: compromises. Significantly inferior SSAO, in this case.

My bad, didn't mean to put words in your mouth.

For whatever it's worth, this game has been a pleasure to play on PC. Clean, crisp looking without any of the graphical nightmares of, say, Witcher 2. Smartest thing I've done so far is turn on Triple Buffering which bumped the framerate from 30-40 to 50-60.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Quick question. Any place to store guns stuff or something? I'm hoarding like a squirrel and about to jack a few new nuts.

2nd, Should I just sell the weapons then and keep the ammo? Pistol is going be a pretty common pick up I bet

gblues

Banned
JEKKI said:
I've pressed every button on my keyboard and every button on my mouse!!!

the only new buttons that work are the windows buttons (which brings me back to windows) and another button that took a screenshot!!!

I think I just spent $60 on a game that won't let me play it :(

Do you have a gamepad plugged in? If so, try unplugging it.

Top Bottom