• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

coopolon

Alright, so after hearing that mouse issues are fixed by SSAO, what stupid completely unrelated feature do we have to turn off to get reasonable load times? AF? Subtitles?

Hari Seldon

Mouse control feels like a shit port. Very disappointed in that, but the game is great otherwise. Hopefully they patch it, I'm going back to another game until a patch comes out.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I did Reason Reason Empathy... that worked as well. Though I wasn't able to save the hostages, which was a bummer. I wasn't sure how.

I believe I did
reason humble reason
and it worked like a charm. Did not want to give the fucker
empathy

TheExodu5

Banned
Hari Seldon said:
Mouse control feels like a shit port. Very disappointed in that, but the game is great otherwise. Hopefully they patch it, I'm going back to another game until a patch comes out.

Turn off SSAO + DirectX 11 to fix the mouse. You might also need to tweak the Y sensitivity to make it match the X sensitivity.

=\

Mindlog

I am a pig in shit.

Square, throw your entire wallet at this team. Let them do whatever they want. I am going to be buying another copy... or two.

Salsa

aegies said:
Check your PMs. Have fun, etc.

As you know i cant thank you enough, sent a pm back.

I still feel bad knowing it shouldnt had to come to this :/ really disappointed with GamersGate.

Keyboard/mouse users, how are you binding your controls? I only have a two button mouse + wheel and cant figure a good place to bind to down-the-sights aiming.

Default is mouse 3 and right shift (!?). Anybody have a cozy bind?

So far gamepad seems like the way to go. Movement is smoother, including walking speed adjustments, and everything is easy to reach.

KPunk

i7 920 Stock No OC
6 Gigs DDR3
ATI 4950 Stock No OC

Game is running completely fine @ 1920x1080, with the occasional hiccup every once in a while (typically loading and saving data). This is with FXAA High 16x Antiso, Shadows @ Normal, SSAO at High DOF Normal. Triple Buffering and Post-Processing. I plan on getting a A 560 ti or 6950 fairly soon, however i am rather surprised this video card is still holding up fairly well.

EDIT: And Obviously i can't run in DX11. BTW do we have comparison pix yet of DX10 vs 11?

woober

Knuckleruckamus said:
I believe I did
reason humble reason
and it worked like a charm. Did not want to give the fucker
empathy

So I ended up
telling him to fuck off. I pulled out my tranquilizer rifle and managed to knock him out before he was able to kill the hostage. So the hostage is alive, but Zeke is caught. In another save, I let him go.
Which is the better choice?!!? (Mission 1 spoilers)

woober said:
So I ended up
telling him to fuck off. I pulled out my tranquilizer rifle and managed to knock him out before he was able to kill the hostage. So the hostage is alive, but Zeke is caught. In another save, I let him go.

He gives you some pretty great
info for an upcoming mission if you let him go.

mr stroke

Hari Seldon said:

+1

I thought it was just me, mouse is all over the place :(

At least the soundtrack is awesome, holly shit. If I didn't know any different I could swear this was Daft Punk doing a Tron remix

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
woober said:
So I ended up

If you want to know,
letting Zeke go nets you a universal login/pass for numberpads and computers for the final Detroit mission, which is very handy as you can switch off all camera and security systems without effort.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
NullPointer said:
Keyboard/mouse users, how are you binding your controls? I only have a two button mouse + wheel and cant figure a good place to bind to down-the-sights aiming.

Shoot LMB Iron Sight RMB Toggle Cover MMB

works for me

TheExodu5

Banned
epmode said:
I don't understand the mouse complaints at all. I'm not seeing any acceleration, period.

I'm not 100% sure it's mouse acceleration (testing for mouse acceleration, I overshoot my starting point by a little bit), but there is definitely lag/smoothing. If you don't notice it, then count yourself lucky.

When you come from a competitive Counter-Strike background, even a little bit of lag is incredibly noticeable. Thankfully I've found the temporary fix...it's a shame it results in having to lose out on some visual effects, though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I think the visuals are keeping me from being immersed. Never really feel like I'm a sneaky badass because even at minimum luminosity its like I'm doing cartwheels between barrels in broad daylight. Cinematics with nice volumetric lighting and actual shadows make it all the more painful.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I need to go to bed, but wanted to drop in and say I love the game so far after a few hours. I can see how game time can add up though, I spent forever steal thing through the first real level. :p

EatChildren said:
Not sure where it is hidden in the station, but I know you can also get the code by
pressuring the cop doing his part time security job using the speech aug.
Ah, okay, I didn't have that aug yet when I talked to him.

woober said:
So I ended up

If you let him go he gives you some useful info later on. I let him go, got the information from him, THEN killed him, just so I could feel complete inside.

Lyphen said:
I think the visuals are keeping me from being immersed. Never really feel like I'm a sneaky badass because even at minimum luminosity its like I'm doing cartwheels between barrels in broad daylight. Cinematics with nice volumetric lighting and actual shadows make it all the more painful.

I don't like the red-gold-orange-yellow color palette. And something about the interior design of all of the buildings is incredibly bland.

I need some help with a very early quest (I think). I got a call near the police station that
said something about meeting up with an agent at what I think was "River Road." I'm confused, because it never gave me an updated objective or map marker to indicate where it was, and I can't exactly remember what it is he said.

~Kinggi~

Banned
krameriffic said:
If you let him go he gives you some useful info later on. I let him go, got the information from him, THEN killed him, just so I could feel complete inside.

I don't like the red-gold-orange-yellow color palette. And something about the interior design of all of the buildings is incredibly bland.
I love the look of the insides of buildings. Everything is so cluttered with detail and the gold and green colors work well together. Hallways are really bland though.

Macattk15

Bleh. Nope. Still have the ridiculous load times.

When loading ... I alt-tab and notice CoreTemp saying my first core is at 100% while the other 3 are at 1%. Dunno if thats causing it ...

Varna

Jtrizzy said:
So everyone is just turning ssao off? I have a 2600k/580...which AA should I use? Any other recommendations?

MLAA looks best, but there is an annoying tesselation bug that causes artifacts on characters face and skin that is very noticeable with it on. I have the same gpu as you.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ok, what the hell am I supposed to do here (7 hours in):

A BOSS? Are you kidding me? I'm a stealth character with some gas grenades, a stun rod and a silenced tranq rifle. This guy is a 1 second instakill on me. How am I supposed to beat him? I loaded him full of about 10 tranq darts, and ran around the room hiding behind pillars, but he never went down. What is this all about

I am seriously underwhelmed by these graphics.

At least they got that right to match the first, only the floor reflections were stunning when that game was released.

Also they got the bad dialog nailed lol.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
RedSwirl said:
Hey uh, you guys know that after you deal with Sanders you can go back and explore the place without fear of enemies.

Bless you kind sir. Luckily I had a very recent save right after dealing with him and then I got to go hack and loot to my heart's content!

Foxix Von

Been playing on and off all day since last night. Still haven't beaten the first level but damn this is amazing!

I've never played the original DX but man, this is really, really great. Started off on "Give me Deus Ex" and so far it feels like a good challenge. Also thank you Eidos for letting me turn off that abysmal object highlight. The art design is too good in this game to let some madman go over every frame with a shitty bright yellow sharpie.

Jamesbonz

Neo Member
I couldn't make up my mind quick enough last night and missed the pre-sale price of $32 (with a code) on greenmangaming. Now the game's up to $40 with the code, I know its only 8 bucks more but I'm kinda broke and I haven't bought a game worth over $7.50 in months. Are there any other deals out there I might've missed? or should I just jump on it already?

*EDIT* Bought. Worked out a deal thanks to several helpful gaffers. Cheers! Thank-you's have been pm'd

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Load times aren't too great right now on the PC.

I hate having an invisible time limit for objectives in an exploration game like this.

So what was the first augmentation you guys chose?

MechaX

I swear, this is the game that I wished for Alpha Protocol to actually be gameplay-wise. Still on the first actual "mission" but so far this has been pretty fun. I may not be all that familiar with the DE series, but I am a big fan of cyberpunk stuff and this is pretty top notch.

stuminus3

No problems with the mouse here. I upped the Y-sensitivity 3 or 4 notches. After that, it honestly "feels" exactly like DX1 to me, right up to the point where I keep accidentally clicking the right mouse button to open grates etc (d'oh).

Of course my mouse is total balls, very basic 2 button/mouse wheel setup, I don't have one of those fancy fangled high DPI gaming mice that some of you guys seem to have, so that might be the difference.

scorpscarx said:
I am seriously underwhelmed by these graphics.
Yeah Deus Ex is now definitely 3 for 3 on the 'beaten with an ugly stick' side of things. On the bright side this is the first Deus Ex that runs at high settings on mid-range hardware at 60fps on launch day. Neither Deus Ex or Invisible War did.

wilflare

Jamesbonz said:
I couldn't make up my mind quick enough last night and missed the pre-sale price of $32 (with a code) on greenmangaming. Now the game's up to $40 with the code, I know its only 8 bucks more but I'm kinda broke and I haven't bought a game worth over $7.50 in months. Are there any other deals out there I might've missed? or should I just jump on it already?

you need to get this game! :D check your PM :D

still waiting for this game to unlock for me @_@

epmode

Trojita said:
So what was the first augmentation you guys chose?
I only have three points so far but I haven't picked yet. Considering speech and hacking stuff for my first upgrades. I love going through games like this without firing a shot.

Top Bottom