• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

~Kinggi~

Banned
1stStrike said:
Damn, this game is so awesome. I'm 21 hours in and JUST about to leave Detroit. There's so much hidden shit to find - even now, I'm sure that I've missed stuff.
The game is MAGIC and shit

TheExodu5

Banned
garath said:
Still don't see the fuss about the mouse though. No lag here at all. vync off, dx11 on, ssao normal, triple buffering on.

Not everyone is going to feel it. I'm uber sensitive to it, so I feel it quite a bit.

Zeliard

fuzzyreactor said:
lack of ammo? i have 150 pistol rounds, 100 assault rifle rounds and a dozen tranq darts and stun gun charges. im not only a stealth player either. Loot, ppl sell ammo, loot.

Yeah loot those bodies people. And pick up their guns for extra ammo. Also scour the maps, there's still ammo and stuff hidden around like the first game.

Blizzard

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Not everyone is going to feel it. I'm uber sensitive to it, so I feel it quite a bit.
Or it's different on different system/video card/OS/driver/CPU/background program setups, I would theorize, but naturally I can't really prove that. :p

TheExodu5

Banned
Blizzard said:
Or it's different on different system/video card/OS/driver/CPU/background program setups, I would theorize, but naturally I can't really prove that. :p

The input lag with vsync off feels like most games with vsync on. Since most people here can't perceive input lag with vsync on, I'll stick with my theory. :)

I'm pretty sure it's just related to the rendering engine. SSAO and DX11 are delaying the rendering process for some reason.

It *could* be a driver issue related to the application of SSAO and DX11 effects...I'm not going to discount the possibility entirely.

Sanic

sorry if this has been brought up before, but my pc copy is locking up at literally every other load screen. So, uh, is this normal?

bathala

Banned
that kinda tough having only a stun gun for the first boss battle.

lucky I have those sticky remote bombs, and the detonation control sucks too. U tend to throw an extra bomb if u don't holster ur weapon

foogles

Pandoracell said:
sorry if this has been brought up before, but my pc copy is locking up at literally every other load screen. So, uh, is this normal?
Are you overclocked? Try going back to default speeds.

Luthair

I got this game today on a whim. I typically HATE this type of game but its been a while since I played a console game and this was the biggest newest thing I could find. I am actually enjoying it, granted the yellow tint is a lil annoying, but the story and action feels pretty good ^_^

Solo

Okay, so I'm finally starting to have some fun. Spent 2 hours inside the police station and its easily the best 2 hours I've spent with the game yet. Lots of fun to be had in there with sneaking, theft, electronics, etc. And the more of Detroit I get to explore, the more I like it. The outdoor/street area does have a very nice DX kind of feel (DX meets HL2, more like it).

Cyrillus

Man, I feel really bad. I saw a safe, so naturally I hacked into it and cleaned it out, then I read the ebook next to the safe and discover that the safe contained this guy's life savings, and he was saving up to move out of the slums and do something with his life. D:

Zeliard

Mouse lag hasn't been much of a problem here and I'm sensitive to it as well. Only mouse issue I had was the default sens being set way too high. Had to turn it down a few notches on both x and y axis. The mouse response isn't exactly Quake but it's certainly good enough for this sort of game. It feels how games normally do when they have that silly "mouse smoothing" setting on, but it's far from game-breaking.

Draft said:
There's a little funkiness to the mouse, but overall it's a terrific PC port. Alt+tab is flawless.

Though it's annoying that this game does what so many others do and forces you to use the mouse or arrow keys to navigate menus when WASD would be much easier and quicker for some of them.

You're already moving around the game world with WASD, not the movement keys. So have WASD move around the menu items as well! In DX:HR it's particularly an annoyance when navigating the shop menus.

Gvaz

Banned
Zeth said:
What's the benefit to this? Going back and replaying fun parts?
dotdotdot.jpg

Solo

Things that make you LOL... I shot up the top floor of the police station. Murdered about 10 cops. I exited the building from the roof, entered the building again through the front door, and talked to Chet Wagner as if nothing had happened.

george_us

Solo said:
Okay, so I'm finally starting to have some fun. Spent 2 hours inside the police station and its easily the best 2 hours I've spent with the game yet. Lots of fun to be had in there with sneaking, theft, electronics, etc. And the more of Detroit I get to explore, the more I like it. The outdoor/street area does have a very nice DX kind of feel (DX meets HL2, more like it).
Maybe I'll give this some more time but right now I'm at the police station and I really have no desire to continue playing. It has the same problem these games normally have i.e. it feels like a bunch of mediocre elements stitched together. I dunno, it did take a couple of hours for me to get into previous Deus Ex games but I'm just not feeling this one at all. Maybe I've played too many shooters this generation.

Zeliard

george_us said:
Maybe I'll give this some more time but right now I'm at the police station and I really have no desire to continue playing. It has the same problem these games normally have i.e. it feels like a bunch of mediocre elements stitched together. I dunno, it did take a couple of hours for me to get into previous Deus Ex games but I'm just not feeling this one at all. Maybe I've played too many shooters this generation.

This isn't a shooter so that's probably your problem.

Cheech

Playing the PC version. Is there a texture pack or something I'm missing? These graphics are seriously shitty. I have DX11 turned on, MLAA, but don't see a texture quality setting.

How does the Reflex Booster work? How close together do the enemies have to be? Is it just two at once or can you take down more?

I'm considering buying it, but I'm not sure... right now, when I need to take down two guys at once, I usually run up to one with the stun-gun, then quickly take-down the other guy. It works well, but the RB is tempting...

Solo said:
Robbing the police station armory blind = win
I've been snooping around for nearly two and a half hours inside the Detroit PD. I'm not leaving until I find a code to rob that armory blind.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but has anyone heard about a fix for the PC loading times? I'm sure the dev team is taking a well deserved vacation right now. Quick loads and initial loads take around 19 seconds on my PC, which is screwed. I guess if the one major gripe I have to new a installment in one of my favorite franchises ever is load times then Eidos Montreal have outdone themselves.

Already I can tell that there isn't the same level of options as the original game, but it's still very, very well done, and if I had to have put money down on this game being a disappointment before yesterday at 7:00 AM I would have. I had been anticipating Human Revolution since the first trailer. No point in blabbering how much I'm enjoying this as it has all been said before. Time to get back to that police station and search for that armory code!

Cheech said:
Playing the PC version. Is there a texture pack or something I'm missing? These graphics are seriously shitty. I have DX11 turned on, MLAA, but don't see a texture quality setting.

Uhhh, something wrong with your setup?

Tom Penny

george_us said:

It's not a very good shooter.

Cheech said:
Nope. Textures look like ass. The characters' faces look very nice, and that's about it. I thought the introduction, especially before you get on the elevator, looked stellar. Ever since it has been downhill.

Teknoman

Eh looks nice to me. Not insane quality, but they dont look crappy or anything. Speaking of which, is there a noticeable difference between 4x, 8x, and 16x AF? I can usually tell (like in Borderlands, where even the guns appear more detailed with higher AF) but in DX HR, I dunno.

Badgerst3

i have the best buy pack- silenced sniper rifle is pretty cool.

Helped on the first mission so far.

impulsively went with the "punch through wall" aug as my first.

do the destroyable walls show up as highlighted?

i actually turned that option off at first- but now wondering if i need to keep it on to see these walls?

george_us

Zeliard said:
This isn't a shooter so that's probably your problem.
Well I mainly meant that shooters and faster paced games in general may have warped my brain to the point of me not having the patience for these types of games anymore.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Badgerst3 said:

i actually turned that option off at first- but now wondering if i need to keep it on to see these walls?

Breakable walls have cracks in them.

Badgerst3 said:

They're pretty conspicuous, usually they just look out of place and there's a crack in the wall.

Zeliard

Solo said:
Robbing the police station armory blind = win

How did you get into the armory? I just
paid off that homeless black lady stereotype (her voice acting and dialogue, holy shit) and she gave me the code straight up.

Teknoman

Are soft shadows and MLAA DX11 only? I'm using a 4870, and all i've got are normal shadows and FXAA/Edge AA types available. Just wondering, since it still looks great with the settings I have available, and runs smooth.

Also any reason it completely skips over DX10?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Zeliard said:
How did you get into the armory? I just
paid off that homeless black lady stereotype (her voice acting and dialogue, holy shit) and she gave me the code straight up.

I came in from the back in a vent, knocked out the cop, and hacked the computer. It let me disable the cameras and open the door.

Top Bottom