• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

1stStrike

Banned
Qwomo said:
My favorite part of Detroit, too.

Despite spending hours and hours in there I haven't seen the whole building, though. Which is cool! I'm intensely curious as to what's on all the computers in the main desk area -- that open area filled with people. Has anyone cleared that place out and read the computers? Anything juicy in there?

There's a certain ebook in a certain location that can only be retrieved by having a certain ability unlocked. It has all of the passwords for all of the police terminals on it. Hint:
It's somewhere around the police station.

First person to find it gets a cookie.

charsace said:
lol wtf!?! They give you a lot of ammo overall in the level. What you're saying makes no sense. They should give you enough ammo to use one weapon through the level? Why?

The only weapon with decent amount of ammo in that level was the pistol & only if I was head shooting people.
I really hope this changes, but everyone keeps saying how little ammo there is for the rest of the game.
Can I buy ammo from shops or anything like that?

Lime

Zefah said:
I love this game's soundtrack. Other than some stuff from Vangelis, does anyone have any recommendations for similar electronic/instrumental ambient music?
Klaus Schulze
Tangerine Dream
The Mass Effect soundtrack
Jean Pierre something (can't recall the name.)

clip said:
Here is the error I posted about earlier. My PC is updated and capable, and I get this error if I try to run the game on anything but the highest settings.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6186/6078067020_3912ce137c_o.png
That happened to me after messing with settings the first time too. After that I just hit the default settings button and then I was able to tweak the settings with no problems and I haven't gotten that error since.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The English Conquistador said:
A question to those playing, is there any alien/ufo business in the game? Or anything referred to in the game? Just a yes or a no would be sufficient.

Thanks!
II would imagine saying yes or no would be a major spoiler considering how the first couple of hours are.

I actually dont know the answer and i dont wanna know!

1stStrike said:
There's a certain ebook in a certain location that can only be retrieved by having a certain ability unlocked. It has all of the passwords for all of the police terminals on it. Hint:
It's somewhere around the police station.

First person to find it gets a cookie.

Sewers, wall punch aug! I'll take my cookie now :D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
See You Next Wednesday said:
I found a few, but still not enough to take out most of the enemies if I wanted to use it as a primary weapon.

Not liking to have to talk to every NPC in case they might offer a quest. Another drawback, since the original two games had smaller hub areas & much less people to tediously talk to.

That's too bad.

I actually quite like most of the points that you seem to hate :/

Opinions!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
BigJiantRobut said:
Boards of Canada, the TRON Legacy soundtrack, Faunts, M83, Helios, Dan Hecker, Actress, Com Truise.

Gustav said:
I'll add Maserati (especially Pyramid of the Sun), Zombi and early Tangerine Dream.

BigJiantRobut said:
Moreso Mass Effect 1. :)

Here's some examples for Zefah/anyone else interested in more music like this:

Boards of Canada

TRON Legacy

Helios

M83

aasoncott said:

Lakitu said:
Good shout.

I'd also suggest Phutureprimitive.

Lime said:
Klaus Schulze
Tangerine Dream
The Mass Effect soundtrack
Jean Pierre something (can't recall the name.)

DaBuddaDa said:
Zombi is amazing. Right up your alley.

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone! Going to be checking this stuff out over the next few days.

~Kinggi~ said:
II would imagine saying yes or no would be a major spoiler considering how the first couple of hours are.

I actually dont know the answer and i dont wanna know!

Lol, how is saying yes or no a major spoiler? It's not like I'm asking for a scenario or anything, I just would like a yes or no. Details are irrelevant.

mxgt

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
Man, Edios couuld a done a lot better job with Jensen's personality. Such a dry protagonist. Doesn't help that his Voice Actor did a poor job

But it's his actual voice. I think it fits well.

1stStrike

Banned
blahblah...blah said:
Sewers, wall punch aug! I'll take my cookie now :D

cookie.jpg

alphaNoid

Banned
3.5 hours in, haven't stopped for even a piss break. Its been over 5 years since any video game has grabbed me like this. The openness of this game, the optional posabilities, makes everything feel so endless and personsal.

This is how you make a fucking video game! Eido Montreal hit this shit out of the park!! Mass Effect should have been this game, and after playing DEHR I now know which is the superiour.. and true RPG.

Its going to be painful playing ME3 after this.

edit. Jenson's voice acting is spot on, this game isn't about having John Marsden or some other kind of super happy protagonist. This game is cyber, its robotic, its augmented and Jenson's character, his voice is dialed and tuned perfected to fit the theme of the game. Haters gunna hate

Zeth

Quick question: Anyone playing as a sniper with aiming aug maybe? Shotgun? I'm thinking that could be fun in my next play through (stealthy, cloaked, lvl 5 hacker now). Curious how that would play out since I don't really want to use automatic weapons. I want to be lethal but still precise.

Dizzy-4U

Ferrio said:
What's the trigger for them?
(Not story spoiler but I'm gonna spoiler tag it anyway. It's related to choices).

Someone said that the ending depends on the last action you do in the game, so basically you can see all 4 of them if you saved just before that action. Pretty dissapointing if that's true.

Famassu

I love this game's soundtrack. Other than some stuff from Vangelis, does anyone have any recommendations for similar electronic/instrumental ambient music?
I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet (it usually is as one of the first suggestions when this kind of question pops up @ NeoGaf), but:

Ed Harrison: Neotokyo OST - Annul

Neotokyo's OST is filled with awesome ambient electronic music.

Gala

Beat it a few minutes ago. I guess this was my game of the year! Can't wait to do my next playthrough on Monday with a friend.

I will definitely get some augmentations earlier next time, to beat the rest of the achievements and to enter and attempt some encounter earlier and different.

Qatar

ok this is unbearable
I've played about 4 hours in this game and it crashed on me for about 6 times
they have to patch this asap

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
FlyinJ said:
Sprint to the weapon crate in one of the side nooks. It has 2 EMP grenades in it. Throw an EMP at him, then pick up and throw a fire barrel at him while he's shaking. Do that with the other fire barrel. Run to another side nook, it has a few frag grenades and another EMP. Grab them, throw EMP at him, then both frag grenades and he'll die. That's how I got him on Deus Ex difficulty playing a stealth-non-lethal character with no lethal guns.

It SUCKED. But it worked.
I don't know why you wouldn't stock up on at least one lethal weapon. I always kept the combat rifle since it has the most ammo drops through out the map.

But how I did it involved very little actual shooting.

1. When you spawn, run right. Gas tanks there. Pick one up and hide behind the pillar. Wait for him to get close and then throw it at him. It explodes on impact. He'll get caught in it, take some damage, and it will let you run to the left now. Where the red barrel and weapon stashes are at. Throw red barrel and loot everything you can. Move quickly.

2. You'll have some bullets now. So what I did was make a bee line across. So he went diagonally at the center barrel. Shot that and there was another gas can to my right if I recalled. Rinsed and repeat. Then it was just wearing what little was left.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've killed hours looting a police station, and stumbled upon a sniper rifle on a rooftop. This game is so fucking good.

marjo

People complaining about the scarcity of ammo are pissing me off.

That attitude is why we've been left with today's shitty brain dead action games instead of those like System Shock II and Deux Ex which actually expected the player to think a little.

It's the fact that you don't always have an infinite supply of ammo that provides incentive to explore, hack, and find alternate routes.

Thank god the game designers understood that.

Qatar said:
ok this is unbearable
I've played about 4 hours in this game and it crashed on me for about 6 times
they have to patch this asap
Same here. I'm trying it in compatibility mode running as admin now, but that means no tesselation :(

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
eidos put the PS3 version's bonus DVD onto a BD instead of a DVD, but never bothered to mention it ever. fine print even says DVD. it even says DVD on the disc itself. i put it into my PS3 and it reads it, but when you go to "Score" it instructs me to put the disc into my PC's BD drive.

my PC doesn't have a BD drive.

i'm also hearing that the soundtrack included on the disc (for those that can access it) aren't even full tracks, but are more like samples. ie: they are shorter than the youtube versions that were leaked before the game released. im pretty irritated right now.

I know what you meant, it's just a really, really dumb choice.

I'm hoping the PS3 version allows you to download the soundtrack from the BD.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Red Blaster said:
Is there anywhere you can find out what the XP bonses mean (Pathfinder, Traveler, etc)

They just seem to pop up when you find somewhat hidden areas, like a vent. Seems like you get more for finding a better hidden area, similar to getting bigger hacking bonuses for higher levels.

MechaX

padlock said:

That attitude is why we've been left with today's shitty brain dead action games instead of those like System Shock II and Deux Ex which actually expected the player to think a little.

It's the fact that you don't always have an infinite supply of ammo that provides incentive to explore, hack, and find alternate routes.

That kinda is the reason why I can't really recommend this game to my friends back home. They are super big CoD/Battlefield/Killzone fans. And I can just see them getting frustrated and saying "where do I have to go?!" and "what do I have to DO to get past this part?! I have no ammo left!" Personally, this kind of FPS style suits my tastes a lot more.

FStop7

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
Man, Edios couuld a done a lot better job with Jensen's personality. Such a dry protagonist. Doesn't help that his Voice Actor did a poor job

He totally reminds me of JC Denton, though.

I feel like this game is as much an HD remake as it is a prequel, if that makes sense.

And for that I love it so.

padlock said:

The thing is though that enemies have infinite ammo. That kind of takes me out of the game. If ammo is going to be short in supply then it should be for the AI, too.

Top Bottom