• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I always save right before a conversation so if I mess it up I just reload my save until I get it right. If you don't have a previous save, your out of luck.

It occurred to me after the fact that I did indeed screw up forgetting to save.

So no go then, huh? No other way to get in?

Esch

Banned
Drewsky said:
Yeah, I guess MGS4 specifically is what I was talking about. I'm really loving it though.

The guns, and all of the machine stuff is very Yoji Shinkawa to be honest. That postprocessing filter as well. Add in the line of sight cones, octocamoalike, stun/kill element, rewarding for seeking alternate and less obvious paths, and 1st+3rd person nature of the game and it's seriously like playing the western version of MGS4.

With a mouse and keyboard and spending more time in the first person than the second.

Zeliard

L00P said:
I'm glad I put points in the hacking augs. I really like the hacking mini-game for some reason.

I had hacking up to level 5 early on, knowing it's something I'm gonna use extensively for the whole game. It's nice knowing no terminal or computer will be beyond my reach now. I also have control of turrets, but not robots yet.

My augments at the end of the game, no spoilers

ie5hTQSmv.jpg

Jeramii

Banned
i'm sure this question has been answered many times. but if i leave my weapons lying around on the floor of my apartment, will they stay there for good?

or is there some official storage locker i need to place them.

aasoncott

Dammit, the achievement metagame is killing this for me. I always thought attempting a no-kill run for Deus Ex was cool -- but attaching an achievement is really hurting the game for me. Instead of thinking, "do I kill this guy or not?", I think "is killing him worth losing the achievement?" Totally breaks the illusion.

I hate achievements. Hate them hate them hate them.

Einbroch

Banned
aasoncott said:
Dammit, the achievement metagame is killing this for me. I always thought attempting a no-kill run for Deus Ex was cool -- but attaching an achievement is really hurting the game for me. Instead of thinking, "do I kill this guy or not?", I think "is killing him worth losing the achievement?" Totally breaks the illusion.

Ignore them?

Not sure why people complain about achievements. If you don't care about them, how does them being there distract you?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Einbroch said:
Ignore them?

Not sure why people complain about achievements. If you don't care about them, how does them being there distract you?
This x1000000000.

Don't blame the game for your achievement fetish

Zeth

Yet another moment that made me laugh out loud:
Doing a side mission in Hengsha collecting money for one of the bartenders at the club. Found the girl in her apartment and tell her to pay debt. The dialogue ends with her saying "if you want it you're gonna have to take it from me" then it spits you back into gameplay with her back to you, I immediately tap B for non-lethal takedown, Jensen taps her shoulder, she goes to turn and he knocks her out cold. Any other animation wouldn't have been nearly as hilarious .

So I just quit for the night. Just arrived at the
Montreal TV station
. Anyone care to estimate how far I am through the main story? I'm definitely impressed by the length at this point anyway. My eyes are actually bloodshot for the first time in a while.

aasoncott said:

Just forget about achievements for now. You could always play this game again.

I don't have the game yet but quick question:

Is there any prior warning before leaving the hub for good?

Meaning will I go immediately to Shanghai in a cutscene immediately after a mission, or can I choose when to leave on my own leisure??

Thanks!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
I don't have the game yet but quick question:

Is there any prior warning before leaving the hub for good?

Meaning will I go immediately to Shanghai in a cutscene immediately after a mission, or can I choose when to leave on my own leisure??

Thanks!
Leave at own leisure.

Relax.MX

The game its really great but too easy so far(second level) im in normal difficulty ¿Change to more or wait for others levels?

Derrick01 said:
I got to Hengsha, did about 10 minutes of wandering around and had to quit for the night. That place looks extremely complex and maze-like. There's like 4 levels of connecting pathways and rooftops and it was making my head spin. It's pretty daunting to look at.
Same thing happen to me. I was like...okay you're there, now get some sleep. LOL

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i feel bad... i massacred the police station :(
Did you get any funny dialogue from Sarif?

Laekon

The mission that finishes with talking to
Megan's mom
is bugged for me. I did all the parts and after saying the 3 lines the game just keeps me in conversation mode. The little area to select texts is still on screen and the camera just pans around a little. There are no more options and I can't move. Has anyone else had this or know a way to finish this mission?

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Same thing happen to me. I was like...okay you're there, now get some sleep. LOL

Did you get any funny dialogue from Sarif?

i haven't reported back yet. the other dude told me to go back to my apartment after i got the chip and i saved/quit after that. i wonder if all the pigs will be after me now :(

Drewsky

I gotta quit for the night, working relatively early. This game has got me though, I'm fucking digging it. Definitely the most addicted I've been to a game for quite some time.

White Man

Are there any "you took too long" penalties? I like checking everything everywhere and people seem to enjoy bitching at me for taking my time. I really hope there aren't any penalties.

The takedowns are great, but that little lag as it "loads" the kill animation and switches to 3rd person is nagging. Also, when you leave cover it seems to leave you facing walls

so, bosses don't count for foxiest of the hounds, right?

this boss slaughters me in a second lol

hardest difficulty and non-lethal...not the best combo

jackdoe

White Man said:
Are there any "you took too long" penalties? I like checking everything everywhere and people seem to enjoy bitching at me for taking my time. I really hope there aren't any penalties.
There might be for the first mission after you return from your "extended leave". I spent all my time exploring and had Sarif tell me things went to complete shit while I was scoping out the women's bathroom.
Said 8 hostages were executed and all the SWAT guys gave me the cold shoulder.
Does the outcome change if you don't waste time at all?

Zeliard

Haha hacking a turret through a computer to have it target its own and then just seeing MAN DOWN (10) constantly coming up on the screen is quite a joy.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
jackdoe said:
There might be for the first mission after you return from your "extended leave". I spent all my time exploring and had Sarif tell me things went to complete shit while I was scoping out the women's bathroom.
Yup even mentions it in the newspapers.

Card Boy

Banned
I got a silencer for my Pistol and Machine Pistol i'm i good to upgrade it or do you get better shit later on? Or is it like Deus Ex 1 where it's limited in weapon variety?

Besides the Augment blades, do you get any melee weapons like swords to smash boxes?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Zeliard said:
Haha hacking a turret through a computer to have it target its own and then just seeing MAN DOWN (10) constantly coming up on the screen is quite a joy.
I got to the 2nd major hub, and decided to say fuck it and start killing people while hacking everything... and not giving a single fuck! Even with alarms trigger since I remember in the prologue I killed one and had one trigger.

Its been so much fun being an ass. Knocking out and gunning down fools.

Dartastic

Jeramii said:
i'm sure this question has been answered many times. but if i leave my weapons lying around on the floor of my apartment, will they stay there for good?

or is there some official storage locker i need to place them.
Ahem. :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Zeliard said:

Guessing this won't count for non lethal? :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Linkzg said:
well that made it quite easy!

can't wait for my second, psychopath Jensen playthrough. shooting guns is pretty fun!
Yeah, I'm doing the exact same thing for my second playthrough + dropping the difficulty from hard to easy. I'm pretty hyped.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Not really loving the game so far.

I'm completely absorbed in the fiction, the art design... the impressively cohesive world that Eidos Montreal created. Set piece after set piece has wowed me, and "little" places like Jensen's apartment put lesser games to shame.

But... the gameplay itself, things like the cover system, feel clunky and aren't fun to interact with, for the most part.

I'm totally liking it well enough to keep playing. Mostly because I want to unravel the mystery and see the rest of the hubs. But right now I'm hovering around 7/10.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Fuck, because I wanted to look through a faq to see if there was a guide on weapons (My inventory got full for the first time) and I ended up seeing who the last boss was

Something named Hyron and a person named Zhao

Hopefully that doesn't affect my enjoyment of the rest of the game.

Salazar

Steam is inching this game into my grasp.

I am woeful at hacking minigames. If I put my mind to it, will I be ok ? Or is there a way around it ?

White Man

jackdoe said:

Screw him. Peeking over stalls and watching chicks take dumps is more valuable than saving a few people that are probably not taking dumps in bathroom stalls.

Okay, I must be completely unable to find things without a huge indicator on my map saying GO HERE LOL, but in the very first mission of the game,
where the hell are the Administrative Offices?!

And yeah, turn off Vsync, game loads a million times faster. LOL.

Top Bottom