• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, I'm doing the exact same thing for my second playthrough + dropping the difficulty from hard to easy. I'm pretty hyped.

yeah, I almost want to make a list of people to punch but that might be a bit crazy

but Haas...oh, he will get his.

bumclot

I'm going for a non-lethal playthrough so I'm just selling all the weapons and weapon mods I find. Am I going to regret that later in the game (haven't gotten to the first boss yet)?

Also, are there any mods for the non-lethal guns, like the tranquilizer rifle?

bumclot said:
I'm going for a non-lethal playthrough so I'm just selling all the weapons and weapon mods I find. Am I going to regret that later in the game (haven't gotten to the first boss yet)?

Also, are there any mods for the non-lethal guns, like the tranquilizer rifle?

tranq so far has a scope and reload upgrades

as for boss fights, I only did the first and there were guns in the area

Trouble

Banned
Goddamn, I am loving this game!
tuhEI.jpg

Salsa

aaand just when i thought the game looked great.

3073a01ea92b4d2b5c05acd7750c535e2e22d870.jpg

eb662c87d3b449c892efa4e9a56a51aba954c22f.jpg

d97e1c17684dfbcb04fd2653425199a3e7fd8bdf.jpg

terrible shadow LOD, we meet again. *sigh*

this thing is seriously plaggin EVERY DAMN GAME. At first i thought it was just me but i checked with a couple of friends and they have it too :/ particulary on spots like that.

For those who cant notice (image compression makes it look better, but its terrible in person)

Dynamic shadows in the game (there are not much, but its really noticeable in some areas), get proper rendered by this magic "line" that's in front of me by 1 or 2 feet. So basically as i walk shadows keep "drawing" themselves properly around me, and react to my movement. So if i move back: the line follows me and makes them crappy again, and if i move forward it gets better.

The port is good and im not overly complaining, but man im running into this thing in every damn game :/

idk even know if its an issue of sorts or if its a way in wich in-game shadows are rendered these days, but its terrible.

Unknown Soldier said:
Okay, I must be completely unable to find things without a huge indicator on my map saying GO HERE LOL, but in the very first mission of the game,
where the hell are the Administrative Offices?!

And yeah, turn off Vsync, game loads a million times faster. LOL.

Go back to the server room.. on the other side, there's a red door that leads to the hallway that goes to the administrative offices.

JambiBum

BigJiantRobut said:
Yeah, there's sorta a massive thread about it already :p

also how the hell are you supposed to do the final hack on Shanghai Justice
Is that the mission where you have to hack the different satellites? If so there is a little ledge you can jump up onto that will let you reach it.

Zeliard

Just beat the first boss. He doesn't enjoy getting tazed, apparently. Gonna hang around in Detroit and finish stuff up before going off to Shanghai. Deciding what to spend Praxis points on is also proving to be tricky, since various things seem to be quite useful, and opening up a tree costs 2 points.

wilflare

this is dopeee!
anyone wants Deus Ex: HR with preorder price and TF2 hats, PM me
probably 12 more hours before it's over so if you wanna save some cash and get on those hats, tell me :D

hamchan

The world in this game is so well built. Really impressive art direction and I just want to read everything about the world. Love just walking past two strangers talking in the street and listening in on their convo.

I'm also loving the sidequests. They're a good length and are really interesting.

Actually the whole game is well done. The worst part about it are the long load times but hopefully they'll release a patch for it or I'll just learn to die less.

Has anyone not invested in hacking? I'm thinking about avoiding it for my second play through to save those points for more stealth related things, but its so dam useful in my current play through that I can't even imagine missing out on all that XP.

I seem to remember side quests so far that would be impossible to complete without at least Lvl 3.

Also, can anyone link me to list of all the XP bonuses? I assume there is something for killing everyone rather than not getting caught right?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Gvaz said:
I had to go look up demolition man on youtube cause I've never even heard of it.

Not even playing this game but this post.. =(

JambiBum said:
Is that the mission where you have to hack the different satellites? If so there is a little ledge you can jump up onto that will let you reach it.

No, no, the one after
you get Lee to confess to murder and have to hack a panel in The Hive

Robobandit said:
Go back to the server room.. on the other side, there's a red door that leads to the hallway that goes to the administrative offices.

Ahahahaha....oh wow. I really thought I had to backtrack or something. I guess I out-thought myself there.

Well, I got in there and experienced a really cool moment at the end of the first mission. This game really is like Deus Ex, augmented (har har) with elements from stealth action games like Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell and then sprinkled with some Mass Effect-style conversation pieces. It was really cool, END OF MISSION 1 SPOILERS
I ended up chatting with our Mexican terrorist leader several times, I got in a gunfight with him, I failed to persuade him to let the hostage go and they both died, and I successfully persuaded him to let the hostage go and he escaped.
I expect that depending on what happens in that room, later on events in the game will be changed. I can see myself playing through this game multiple times just see the different outcomes, like the original Deus Ex.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Demolition Man is a pretty lame movie, but funny in its corniness.

Pleased with how the game looks on my laptop, even if there have been some performance hitches. If I actually knew how to tweak the settings I'm sure it would run even better!

2011-08-24_00003.jpg

2011-08-24_00002.jpg

SalsaShark said:
If i punch a guy through a wall does it count as a kill?

Unless there's blood, I don't think so.

Jensen kinda punches the wall, then proceeds to choke the guy.

I've only done it once though, so I might be getting the animation wrong.

red731

SalsaShark said:
Heh, from what I've seen in the trailers and gameplay Adam snaps their neck doing this am I right? I think it will be kill since there is no way for it to be stealth takedown except punching through wall straight to the back of the head.

and I will receive the game tomorrow so I don't have a clue, most people here will.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Hover your cursor over the body and see if there is a skull or zzz

We have a winner. Proof is there for you to see :D

Spent 6 hours straight with this game & am about to head to Shanghai.

My opinion of the game has lowered a LOT.

TERRIBLE trial & error stealth & stealth is by far the recommended choice since the gunplay is so weal & pathetic.
The stealth works as a carbon copy of MGS from the PSOne, just slower, less fun & with stupider A.I.

Things might get better since I got the upgrade that shows the enemies field of vision in the mini-map.

x3sphere

Can't really wrap my head around why they chose to add bosses to this. Just beat the first one, wasn't THAT hard but the fight was no fun at all. The AI was pathetic. Maybe it was an attempt to mimic MGS but they failed horribly. It was almost like getting attacked by a swarm of MIBs in the first Deus Ex, lol.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Shanghai is amazing. First thing I did was just walk around and take it all in. It's stunning.

Aselith

SalsaShark said:

It does. I got the ability assuming it would have a non-lethal version and now it's useless to me unless I just want to make a shortcut and there's no dude there.

Akainu

Stupid question. Is there a reason the A in Human Revolution is a triangle. Every time I see a commercial for this game it stick out to me more than anything else.

Wallach

Akainu said:
Stupid question. Is there a reason the A in Human Revolution is a triangle. Every time I see a commercial for this game it stick out to me more than anything else.

Triangle theme is everywhere in this game, so probably.

Aselith

See You Next Wednesday said:
Spent 6 hours straight with this game & am about to head to Shanghai.

My opinion of the game has lowered a LOT.

TERRIBLE trial & error stealth & stealth is by far the recommended choice since the gunplay is so weal & pathetic.
The stealth works as a carbon copy of MGS from the PSOne, just slower, less fun & with stupider A.I.

Things might get better since I got the upgrade that shows the enemies field of vision in the mini-map.

Did it have anywhere to go? You've been bitching about everything that can be bitched about all day.

Can you go back to China once you go to HK. i missed all the breakable walls because i had the highlight off and totally forgot about breaking walls

also, GOTG

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Shanghai is amazing. First thing I did was just walk around and take it all in. It's stunning.

I hope it's better than Detroit, which looked like it could have been straight off the original game (that being NOT a compliment).

Also is there a way to store my stuff?
I have a rocket launcher that is taking all my inventory space & I don't want to carry it around.
Can if I drop it in the middle of the street, will it still be there even at the end of the game or will it disappear? Or is the only option is to sell it?

Ugh, who the hell honestly wanted menu management in the game. One of the worst gameplay mechanic in game history.

Top Bottom