• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

kswiston

I doubt most Gamestop stores ordered more than 5 PC copies over whatever pre-orders they got. Who buys PC games from Gamestop anyhow?

I'm currently about 12-13 hours into the game. Really enjoying the experience so far, aside from the fact that someone thought it was a good idea to put boss fights into this. My Jensen was heavily speced into the stealth and hacking augs, and was carrying mostly non-lethal weapons when I ran into the first boss fight.... I know I am not the greatest at action games, but I shouldn't have to replay a boss fight 10-15 times when I died less than that in the preceeding 8 hours total.

Zeth

LOL. Email from admin warning that they're reaching the system-mandated max inbox size of 4 emails. Please send unwanted emails to the archive where they can later be requested by submitting a formal ticket to the admin. Something to that effect. I lol'd.

Grisby

Man, Framerate takes a hit in the first main hub area.

Freaking amazing game though. I hope the devs follow thru with some chunky DLC or something.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I ran into a funny graphic glitch

This is what Malik looked like when I want back to see her following the first mission

e9Gin.jpg

JohngPR

Does anyone know if using lethal weapons in boss fights counts against you if you are trying to get the pacifism achievement? I have a feeling I'm coming up on my first one and wanted to make sure it wasn't like in MGS4 where you could take out bosses with non-lethan weapons. LOL

kswiston

JohngPR said:
Does anyone know if using lethal weapons in boss fights counts against you if you are trying to get the pacifism achievement? I have a feeling I'm coming up on my first one and wanted to make sure it wasn't like in MGS4 where you could take out bosses with non-lethan weapons. LOL

No. You have to kill them

~Kinggi~

Banned
JohngPR said:
Achievement says (except bosses)

Zeth

On 360 if I stand in place and jump the framerate drops for a second when I land. wtf? I thought it was in my head but the little dip below standard camera height is obviously delayed and totally unnatural.

Dunlop

after dying SO many times, the first time I activated a turrent and watched the deaths scroll across the sreen ranks up there with one of my best moments in gaming :p

JohngPR said:

You still had to tranq the beauty form though, makes perfect sense...

Firehead

Right, looks like I'll have to restart my game. Didn't know it counted against you if you killed people in the prologue. What about the canisters with the green gas? Do those kill them or just knock them out?

TeK-DeLorean

Neo Member
alphaNoid said:
3.5 hours in, haven't stopped for even a piss break. Its been over 5 years since any video game has grabbed me like this. The openness of this game, the optional posabilities, makes everything feel so endless and personsal.

This is how you make a fucking video game! Eido Montreal hit this shit out of the park!! Mass Effect should have been this game, and after playing DEHR I now know which is the superiour.. and true RPG.

Its going to be painful playing ME3 after this.

edit. Jenson's voice acting is spot on, this game isn't about having John Marsden or some other kind of super happy protagonist. This game is cyber, its robotic, its augmented and Jenson's character, his voice is dialed and tuned perfected to fit the theme of the game. Haters gunna hate
I agree with all of this. Especially the bolded. I like your style.
Adam's voice put me off at first, but it just FITS after a while. I love it now. It's kinda like one of those cheesy action flicks you love.

Mœbius

20 hours left...

Luckily I can play games at work, so I will be coming in early tomorrow morning to decrypt and get my lemon-lime on all day.

TeK-DeLorean

Neo Member
Miri said:
I remember reading somewhere that the team took the background hints--during conversations-- out of the game during the development because they saw that people stopped paying attention to the conversations... That can't be right. They're still in.

When trying to talk your way into the precinct, for example;
during the conversation with wayne, there's an empty pill bottle that's sticking out of the trashcan in the back of the office. It flashes. And if you have the persuasion aug you can use it to pressure him.
It flashes because you can go pick it up. I didn't have the persuasion aug and I never got the option to mention it.
AlimNassor said:
Adam Jensen is a really cool guy imo anyone else love the dude? He's so much better than Shepard.
brofist

iavi

Adam Jensen is a
repeat mirror puncher. lol
I got a good chuckle out of that, and thought it was a damn good way to build character with the environment.

The email on his comp sealed the deal.

Zeliard

Anyone else been playing through with no object highlights? I've had it off since the start and it's been smooth sailing without it so far. Little objects you can pick up tend to stick out in some way or even flash, and other objects to manipulate like doors and ladders are clear enough. When you're close to an object you still get the button prompt so it ends up working pretty nicely.

Aeana

Zeliard said:
Anyone else been playing through with no object highlights? I've had it off since the start and it's been smooth sailing without it so far. Little objects you can pick up tend to stick out in some way or even flash, and other objects to manipulate like doors and ladders are clear enough. When you're close to an object you still get the button prompt so it ends up working pretty nicely.
I was thankful to have it on earlier when I came across a pocket secretary in some bushes. I don't know how I would have found that if it hadn't been highlighted.

watershed

Banned
Played the game for another few hours today. The game is really engrossing, I just wanted to keep playing for hour after hour. its been great discovering how much content there is in Detroit alone. I find myself wanting to explore every room and every possibility. Great stuff.

TeK-DeLorean

Neo Member
zoner said:
Yeah, I'm on Barrett, and I don't think I want to play anymore. The constant deaths + loading, and the incredible difficulty curve if you don't have the right weapons on you is hugely mishandled.
There's weapons and exploding barrels all over the room. Or lower the difficulty. All of the boss battles are like this, jarring and forcing you to find gimmicks. prepare yourself for it and soldier on or just stop playing :shrug:
The English Conquistador said:
A question to those playing, is there any alien/ufo business in the game? Or anything referred to in the game? Just a yes or a no would be sufficient.

Thanks!
Nope.
Things get a little silly at the very end though.

duckroll

Zeliard said:

No object highlights, no objective markers, no reticle, no cover/takedown indicators. I picked "Give me Deus Ex" and most of those were already turned off anyway.

epmode

Zeliard said:
Most of this is true... but if your resolution is too high, the button prompt is very tiny and tucked all the way in the corner. Easy to miss. Also, the interactive objects aren't always consistent. For example, Some drawers work, most don't.

I also like the highlighting effect itself and the game feels a little empty without it. Rather than losing the highlighting entirely, I'd much prefer a way to simply reduce the range at which an object highlights.

Ridley327

I just beat the first boss (he certainly wasn't expecting such an amusing death!), and while I have issues with the technical aspects of the title on the PC (namely, the loading and the fact that I can flip a coin on the game crashing during the CG cutscenes), this is the Deus Ex sequel I've waited too goddamn long for.

Playing it on Give Me Deus Ex is something else, let me tell you.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I have all indicators disabled, as the lord intended. Object highlighting would take all the fun out of exploration.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Two momentous achievements tonight: (1) Finally found a silencer for my pistol, and (2) made my first basketball throw.

:-D

I couldn't do the basketball. If I did, I couldn't tell and didn't get a reward.

IN THE FUTURE MY HIDEOUS ROBOT ARMS ARE TOO STRONG FOR BAS-KET-BALL

watershed

Banned
omg.kittens said:
Two momentous achievements tonight: (1) Finally found a silencer for my pistol, and (2) made my first basketball throw.

:-D
How do you shoot the basketball? All I did was pick it up and drop it back down :(

artwalknoon said:
How do you shoot the basketball? All I did was pick it up and drop it back down :(
Left mouse button.

I find it hilarious that, assuming you have the Heavy Objects mod, Jensen can pretty much hurl refrigerators in this game, haha.

supersaw

The fail mouse response and seperate X, Y sensitivity adjustments with no numeric reference just scream console port to me, there are parts that feel really fun and it's definitely Deus Ex but I don't understand how you can ship a game, brag about superior PC version and not even put any attention towards making it control like a PC game.

I'm hoping for prompt and comprehensive patches so I can enjoy multiple playthroughs.

Pachinko

so I'm getting a bit of a general concensus here that this game is awesome but people like myself that want to try it on PC should wait for a patch to clean up some issues?

Is that about right? I've got enough on my plate that I don't need this game right now anyway.

DTKT

On first boss, hardest difficulty.

Getting really really frustrated. It would be fine if the loading didnt take 30+seconds.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
artwalknoon said:
I see......
I'm playing the PS3 version :( Thanks anyway

It's whatever shoot is.

That basketball was a bitch to get in the hoop, Jensen hurls that shit. I just crouched near it, aimed at the sky and had it drop in.

Top Bottom