• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Sotha Sil

duckroll said:
The idea is not killing anyone directly. I sneak, I don't kill. But then after I look at all the unconscious bodies, I get bored, and these voices in my head tell me to do bad things. :(

Don't let the Dog out, God!

The game is in the mail... should get it tomorrow. I hate you all with a passion.

Salsa

there better be some solid confirmation tomorrow morning (wich is.. now actually), on the prologue killings affecting your pacifist run or not. If its otherwise then im gonna start killing just for the sake of doing something different with the playthrough. Guess i'll do pacifist again sometime down the line.

Bliddo

So... amazon will send my augmented pc copy today... it will be here the next week.
Buying a 360 version tomorrow will make me a bad person? :|

Zeliard

Using the punching through walls ability to lay a gangbanger out and complete an objective at the same time is quite satisfying.

Is it really possible to go for Zero Alarm without making some bad decisions?

I mean, you can't avoid detection when (75% in the game, China);
Malik gets attacked and you have to save her. When she died on me, I knew her death was avoidable. I restarted a couple of times and went completely Rambo on their ass, barely saving her after exposing myself to the bot and EMP-ing it.

I had misty-eyes when I saved her rather than when she died, maybe because I wasn't hoping the scripting had the option to do so.

fanboi

Banned
EatChildren said:
GTX 570 (factory OC'd).

There's one specific area of the game that is completely bugged. Every second I spend there is a gamble as to whether or not the game will crash. If I'm lucky, the crash will simply be the game freezing then booting back to Windows, reporting an error. If I'm unlucky the screen fills with green graphical artifacts while the game freezes, then the image is lost completely and my screen reports no signal from the GPU, forcing me to restart the computer. Or, if I'm really lucky, I can get in and out without the game freezing at all.

I'd blame my GPU, but nowhere else in the game have I had any graphical or performance issues (other than the common ones, eg: long loading), nor have I had any problem in any other game.

Thus I am blaming the game, and I'm pretty fucking livid.

570??!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo

beelzebozo said:
as far as world creation and atmosphere go, is this a pretty standout title?
Yes, definitely. The brilliant atmosphere and environment is one of the main reason I got so drawn to it.

The city feels "alive", with every NPC communicating something relevant. The environment is a mix of Blade Runner, Vampire: Masquarade, Dark City, Metal Gear Solid and the mysterious office from Assassin's Creed.

It's fucking beautiful!

EatChildren said:
GTX 570 (factory OC'd).

There's one specific area of the game that is completely bugged. Every second I spend there is a gamble as to whether or not the game will crash. If I'm lucky, the crash will simply be the game freezing then booting back to Windows, reporting an error. If I'm unlucky the screen fills with green graphical artifacts while the game freezes, then the image is lost completely and my screen reports no signal from the GPU, forcing me to restart the computer. Or, if I'm really lucky, I can get in and out without the game freezing at all.

I'd blame my GPU, but nowhere else in the game have I had any graphical or performance issues (other than the common ones, eg: long loading), nor have I had any problem in any other game.

It would certainly help if you told us what part of the game you're having the problem in. You can put it in spoiler tags I guess if it's really important to the story or whatever. But we won't know what to look for if you don't tell us!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Unknown Soldier said:
It would certainly help if you told us what part of the game you're having the problem in. You can put it in spoiler tags I guess if it's really important to the story or whatever. But we won't know what to look for if you don't tell us!

No scenario or super special secret location spoiler, but for the sensitive;
the Alice Garden Pods in Heng Sha.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
shagg_187 said:
I... Didn't have a problem with that location. Pretty weird.

Searching the net I cant find anybody else with the same problem, which makes me think the problem might be on my end after all, though I have no idea what could be causing it. Especially since this is the only area of any game I've played on my PC that has bugged out like this.

Valravn

And the game crashed here yesterday evening. I also read a patch was released that makes loading times slightly faster than the current 30-40 seconds? True or bollocks?

EatChildren said:
Searching the net I cant find anybody else with the same problem, which makes me think the problem might be on my end after all, though I have no idea what could be causing it. Especially since this is the only area of any game I've played on my PC that has bugged out like this.

Could be a corrupted game file. Did you try wiping your game install and re-installing it?

EatChildren said:
Corrupted file, maybe? Verify the files under Steam. There are certain PC games that crash on certain users with certain circumstances. It's still considered a software bug.

e.g. Valve titles (and Valve titles only) crash on me when I quit.

This is a bug that's overseen. Point it to the devs and they'll look at it hopefully.

That or your RAM might be a lil' busted and shit is getting leaked.

foogles

lucius said:
So I am still pretty early in the game should I be upgrading my hacking 1st or energy or something else?
Go with Hacking/Capture so that you can hack more stuff. I also like being able to explore freely, so that means Icarus landing, lifting heavy objects, and eventually the wall smash.

The problem with increasing your energy pool is that with the way I play, I'm constantly chewing through whole blocks with melee takedowns, and the regen won't fill up everything - just partial drains from your current block, or only the very first block.

EatChildren

I'm not really keen to download the entire game again :p.

And I think my RAM is fine, or at least it was on my last check. I'll have a tinker and see what I can come up with. I noticed in the same area a guy loads floating on thin area, so I dont know whats up with that.

EatChildren said:
I'm not really keen to download the entire game again :p.

And I think my RAM is fine, or at least it was on my last check. I'll have a tinker and see what I can come up with. I noticed in the same area a guy loads floating on thin area, so I dont know whats up with that.
I think you can go to game properties on Steam and verify if any file is corrupt. Right guys?

EatChildren

shagg_187 said:
I think you can go to game properties on Steam and verify if any file is corrupt. Right guys?

Yeah, I just did. No idea if it will improve anything. Fingers crossed.

Solo

~Kinggi~ said:
Games got one of the most interesting worlds ever in a game. The whole dynamic of working for a company that prides itself on augs and watching what it does to the city streets, while at the same time understanding what fellow employees are thinking is just brilliant. Especially since everything is coated with a Blade Runner vibe.

Honest question: did you play the first two games?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
EatChildren said:
GTX 570 (factory OC'd).

Yeesh, that sounds bad mate. I really hope it's smooth sailing for me or I'm gonna cry :(

I pre-loaded, I understand right now there is no way to change the language or check if Augmented Edition DLC is loaded? Need to wait for the game to unlock?

Wallach

Is there like a low-violence version of this game?

I'm trying to get a copy through the Steam Trading beta (god bless you TF2) because I got a bill in the mail the other day that was six digits long. Buying games right now really isn't an option. But I don't want to accept a copy of the game through Steam from someone in like Australia if their version is censored.

shagg_187 said:
God no. Dont invest on cloak. At all. You need to save every big of energy, and cloak sucks a lot of it. Invest to hacking level so you don't get stuck and miss out on key data.

Invest on cloak 20+ hours into the game.
I learned this the hard way. Cloak was the first thing I bought and I'm finding it kind of useless because it only lasts a few seconds and I don't have any energy when it runs out. I'll definitely be investing in hacking in the near future.

Qwomo

Cloak is great, I don't what you foos are talking about. A few seconds of invisibility is all a man needs to scurry past a dude or step through some lasers. So useful!

But yeah max out hacking ASAP, obviously.

Cheech

goldsoundz said:
Nope. Textures look like ass. The characters' faces look very nice, and that's about it. I thought the introduction, especially before you get on the elevator, looked stellar. Ever since it has been downhill.

That is disappointing. I had a bad feeling when the download was roughly the size of a DVD ISO. Give PC users high res textures, dammit.

That said, I haven't had any crashes on my Crossfire'd 6870s. Glad that ATi was on the ball for once and had a Crossfire profile update out for this game.

Blizzard said:
Make sure you never play the original Deus Ex. :p I thought the textures looked fine. Walls full of papers weren't super high res, but otherwise everything through the first mission has been passable.

Oh, I played the original. 11 years ago. My standards for PC graphics have gone up somewhat since then.

Valravn

Wallach said:
Is there like a low-violence version of this game?

I'm trying to get a copy through the Steam Trading beta (god bless you TF2) because I got a bill in the mail the other day that was six digits long. Buying games right now really isn't an option. But I don't want to accept a copy of the game through Steam from someone in like Australia if their version is censored.

The Japanese edition will have a few edits.

Qwomo said:
Cloak is great, I don't what you foos are talking about. A few seconds of invisibility is all a man needs to scurry past a dude or step through some lasers. So useful!

But yeah max out hacking ASAP, obviously.
I'll admit, there have been a few instances already when it came in handy but those few instances are far outweighed by the many times I have come across a door that I don't have the augs to hack.

madmackem

Anyone watch the tips and tricks video on the xbox dash? was shocked to see it was the ps3 version they were playing surprised ms allowed that to happen.

Solo

shagg_187 said:
Yes, definitely. The brilliant atmosphere and environment is one of the main reason I got so drawn to it.

The city feels "alive", with every NPC communicating something relevant. The environment is a mix of Blade Runner, Vampire: Masquarade, Dark City, Metal Gear Solid and the mysterious office from Assassin's Creed.

It's fucking beautiful!

But 90% of the citizens don't even move!

EatChildren

Corky said:
Yeesh, that sounds bad mate. I really hope it's smooth sailing for me or I'm gonna cry :(

I think I 'fixed' it. Turned off DX11 and this specific part of the game is yet to crash.

Are there any more nonlethal weapons? I'm using the tranq rifle right and I'm struggling to keep enough ammo for it.

Also mods don't seem to work on it which kind of sucks.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
EatChildren said:
I think I 'fixed' it. Turned off DX11 and this specific part of the game is yet to crash.

That's quite the fix... you rolling the latest WHQL drivers for your 570? I've had tons of issues with 280.16 so I went back to 275.33, maybe all of these issues could ( could ) be driver related.

BigJiantRobut said:
OK, what the fuck is up with the second boss fight?
Grade-A horseshit for a light combat/mostly stealth build.

Which boss is it? I'm sorry, I don't know what counts as Boss fight... :( lol
I'll tell you what I did as I'm also light/stealth build.

That said, HOLY SHIT! :lol

"Tong? How did you get my frequency?"
"Ancient Chinese secret!"

Hahahahaha! :lol

EatChildren

Corky said:
That's quite the fix... you rolling the latest WHQL drivers for your 570? I've had tons of issues with 280.16 so I went back to 275.33, maybe all of these issues could ( could ) be driver related.

I'd heard about problems with the latest so I've stuck with 275.33 for now. I dont really know if DX11 was the culprit, because it hasn't caused any problems until now, but with it off I've been able to get through the current section without any graphical errors or freezing.

Solo

I'll be curious to see if this does really well if they'd try a full on remake of Deux Ex. Frankly, the world needs Gunther Herrmann in it. And JC Denton. And Icarus-Daedelus-Helios.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Solo said:
I'll be curious to see if this does really well if they'd try a full on remake of Deux Ex. Frankly, the world needs Gunther Herrmann in it. And JC Denton. And Icarus-Daedelus-Helios.
Doubt it. I don't think anyone benefits from a Deus Ex remake. I do think this means good things for Thi4f and future Deus Ex titles though.

jediyoshi

BigJiantRobut said:
OK, what the fuck is up with the second boss fight?
Grade-A horseshit for a light combat/mostly stealth build.

Yeah, it's absurdly harder if you don't invest the anti electrocution augment. The fact they throw a boat load of guns at you instead of health like you actually need is pretty backwards too.

I found you could cheese the fight by using the diagonal faster movement to always keep up with her, but I'm pretty sure it's scripted to you having to use the electricity.

Top Bottom