• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

SLV

Well that Talk with Malik , did bump the usage percentage up to 98 % and that zone is quite heavy on itself 80-90 % usage, but still, didnt have any such artifacts as you had.

So I've realized that this is one of those evil games where I can spend 20 minutes just getting through a small room.

I have this obsession where I either avoid all enemies, or take them all out. I'm trying not to kill anyone, which takes some time lol

I've been reading about people missing side quests in Detroit, and I'm eager to ensure I don't miss any here in Shanghai. Aside from the two side quests I've done already (
well, really one, as they were both for Mei in the hotel - rescue her friend and 'remove' Chan
), how many are there and do you get a chance to do them after finishing the main missions for the hub? Cheers

Dyno

Started playing it and more than anything this game gives me a Metal Gear Solid vibe. The bosses smack of MGS too. I understand why people hate them but they are there so that the protagonist can achieve vengeance, which is something the developer thought we might want. At least that's what it feels like to me.

Cloak also lets you through laser security systems unnoticed without hacking the terminals so it can be pretty useful.

Also if you have enough chocolate bars you can crouch cloak through an entire area lol.

Valravn

picklecannon said:
Cloak also lets you through laser security systems unnoticed without hacking the terminals so it can be pretty useful.

I've found it a stun gun can temporarily disable lasers.

ruxtpin

Banned
Castor Krieg said:
Does Augmented Edition come with extra in-game items, or is it only OST/Artbook/Making of?

It's just what you named. If you pre-ordered from somewhere then you may get a d/l code for extra stuff out of the box.

Kydd BlaZe

I feel bad for renting this from redbox. Im only 20 minutes into the experience, but i'm thoroughly impressed. Eidos Montreal certainly deserves my 60 bucks.

bob page

ruxtpin said:
It's just what you named. If you pre-ordered from somewhere then you may get a d/l code for extra stuff out of the box.
I didn't preorder and I still got the tactical code in my augmented edition.

ruxtpin said:

Don't care for extra wepons, but can anyone comment if the extra mission is "meaty"?

Valravn

Kydd BlaZe said:
I feel bad for renting this from redbox. Im only 20 minutes into the experience, but i'm thoroughly impressed. Eidos Montreal certainly deserves my 60 bucks.

shutupandtakemymoney.gif

SLV

Seams that i spoke too soon, now whenever i load after the talk with the hacker guy, it goes to 99 % usage and just freezes with looping sounds, and Deus Ex shuting down in error :/

bob page

ruxtpin said:
I didn't get that in my augmented. wat?
No clue. I got it from K-Mart because they gave me a $20 coupon and free Deus Ex poster, so I guess the code was an added bonus. It was kinda funny when the code activated and said "Thank you for preordering!, etc).

Wallach

I actually traded TF2 things for a copy of this game. God bless you Steam and your zany antics. Lord knows I will not be buying video games with actual money anytime soon.

Edit - Seriously I am smug as fuck right now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
SLV said:
Seams that i spoke too soon, now whenever i load after the talk with the hacker guy, it goes to 99 % usage and just freezes with looping sounds, and Deus Ex shuting down in error :/

If you have it enabled, turn off DX11 and see how you go.

O.DOGG

It appears that the
Talion A.D
quest is bugged. Or maybe it's just me. Anyone else having problems getting the game to acknowledge
reading the personal secretary
?

mik83kuu

Banned
I enjoyed the leaked preview very much, but I am disappointed they didn't fix the mouse :-/ Oh well at least I got used to it in the preview so I most likely will again with the final game.

My plan is to play 100% non-lethal (tranq and take-downs), hacking and exploring my way through the first play-through. Just a question: Do I need the Icarus-system to explore every area of the world or will the strength augment be enough?

ruxtpin

Banned
wilflare said:
10 more hours.
it's sin if you have yet to get this game. gosh

It's a sin to have this game, but you can't play it for 4 days because you're not at home. So you get to sit there and look at the box. tease...

SLV

EatChildren said:
If you have it enabled, turn off DX11 and see how you go.

Well disabling DX 11 did allow me to leave the gardens without Deus Ex getting a error, but at the same time disabling it didnt really made the graphics card use less resources, and there were strange micro freezes after loading up, strange.

ruxtpin said:
It's a sin to have this game, but you can't play it for 4 days because you're not at home. So you get to sit there and look at the box. tease...

We need neural implants with gaming interface, fast!

Regarding Augmented Edition:

Wikipedia said:
An "Augmented Edition" will be released in select European countries, Australia and New Zealand. It will include a making-of documentary, motion-comic, E3 trailer, game soundtrack by Michael McCann, animated storyboard, and a 40-page Artbook. In-game, the player will receive an additional mission, weapons, and cash via the included Explosive Mission Pack and the Tactical Enhancement Pack.

PROFIT!!!

mik83kuu

Banned
SLV said:
Well disabling DX 11 did allow me to leave the gardens without Deus Ex getting a error, but at the same time disabling it didnt really made the graphics card use less resources, and there were strange micro freezes after loading up, strange.

In some cases DirectX 11 is actually better optimized. For an example in World of Warcraft you can get better FPS with Dx11, even though it doesn't use any of the actual effects.

Fuck! I knew I shouldn't have completed that secondary objective in China.

Goddamnit. I KNEW I shouldn't have changed my chip. I knew it was a trap and now I'm paying for it during the Boss battle!

Daeda

O.DOGG said:
It appears that the
Talion A.D
quest is bugged. Or maybe it's just me. Anyone else having problems getting the game to acknowledge
reading the personal secretary
?

Did the same for me, but I think the game wants you to search for him yourself. You can still find the next objective if you know where to look.

bob page

Castor Krieg said:
I guess I need to wait till the game unlocks, to check if there's anything under DLC tab. Can't check it now.
*360 version. There was a little slip of paper with the code in the case.

wilflare

ruxtpin said:

i can't play it even when it unlocks -woe to assignments

SLV

mik83kuu said:
In some cases DirectX 11 is actually better optimized. For an example in World of Warcraft you can get better FPS with Dx11, even though it doesn't use any of the actual effects.

I see, well i think thats enough Deus Ex for me for now, will wait for a patch of sorts or something, i dont even know, mayby will give my card up for warranty, but it is so far from regular overheating(cant even do it with DCII) and artifacts that i would have a hard time convincing the store people i think :/ Meh will probably return to playing it tomorrow when its legitimately available in europe, still, VPN was totally worth it.

Just completed it. IMO better than the first. The ending was pretty anti climatic, I felt the endings for the first were better but then they couldn't really do anything too risky or it wouldn't have flown with the Deus Ex timeline.

Only other nitpicks wer the hacking got dull eventually. Initially it was irritating but then it became a chore, I much preferred the originals way of Lockpicking / Hacking. Also the bosses, playing through on hard the first time without knowing the bosses weaknesses/patterns was annoying only to be further greeted with 30 second load times.

Checking the Steam achievements it looks like I missed a few side quests. Yay i can play again :)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
SLV said:
I see, well i think thats enough Deus Ex for me for now, will wait for a patch of sorts or something, i dont even know, mayby will give my card up for warranty, but it is so far from regular overheating(cant even do it with DCII) and artifacts that i would have a hard time convincing the store people i think :/ Meh will probably return to playing it tomorrow when its legitimately available in europe, still, VPN was totally worth it.

You can hit DX11 back on once you're out of the area. That place seems bugged in DX11, for some people at least.

Not sure about the 99% load, or all the problems you're facing unfortunately.

Sotha Sil

I have a ton of work to do, yet I still make time to check this thread full of potential spoilers and sneering, policemen-slapping Americans.

Masochism, for the lose!

Havik

Just got my xbox copy by mail but the case has a crack in it. Thought about sending it back but i couldn't wait any longer. Luckily the CD is allright.

SLV

EatChildren said:
You can hit DX11 back on once you're out of the area. That place seems bugged in DX11, for some people at least.

Not sure about the 99% load, or all the problems you're facing unfortunately.

Yeah, thx about the info, im just burned out for now, playing all yesterday and today. meh, i hope the latest nvidia drivers finally do something in the matter, whenever they come out.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Did anyone else end up
murdering
Anonymous-X? I didn't like that he
threatened me after he tried to extort me, and I didn't want to have to deal with any possible consequences that could've come up. You don't fuck around with me like that.

For some reason in the chinese city hub I ended up killing all the security forces and police. Nothing came of it, but it made my life a hell of a lot easier.

Also, after the side-mission with the bartender,
I paid him $5k to leave the girl alone, got the praxis thing, and then killed him and got my $5k back. Again, you don't fuck around with the Jensen.

Is there some kind of warning before the story takes you out of Detroit? I need to do a few more story missions to get my hacking augs upgraded but I don't want to accidentally leave town.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
My copy has arrived, was still doing my Deus Ex playthrough, just hit Paris.

TeK-DeLorean

Neo Member
toasty_T said:
Are there any more nonlethal weapons? I'm using the tranq rifle right and I'm struggling to keep enough ammo for it.

Also mods don't seem to work on it which kind of sucks.
Fists, P.e.p.s. gun, Stun Gun

Top Bottom