• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Solo said:
I'll be curious to see if this does really well if they'd try a full on remake of Deux Ex. Frankly, the world needs Gunther Herrmann in it. And JC Denton. And Icarus-Daedelus-Helios.

I think it was Nirolak I was having this conversation with. Square seem to want to continue the DX brand, and if HR is a success they'll have good incentive too, the question is where will the take it. Being a prequel gave them a lot of flexibility, so where would a new game be set? In between again? How close can the get to the canon without running risk of 'rebooting' it?

Solo said:
Yes. His VA sounded the exact same as in DX.

I thought that too. New voice actor or not, it sounded exactly like him, which was nice to hear.

Solo

zoner said:
Doubt it. I don't think anyone benefits from a Deus Ex remake. I do think this means good things for Thi4f and future Deus Ex titles though.

As this thread has showed me (and made me sad about), there are TONS of people playing this game that never played the first game. I think they would benefit, since most of them are obviously never going to pick up the 2000 game.

EatChildren said:
I think it was Nirolak I was having this conversation with. Square seem to want to continue the DX brand, and if HR is a success they'll have good incentive too, the question is where will the take it. Being a prequel gave them a lot of flexibility, so where would a new game be set? In between again? How close can the get to the canon without running risk of 'rebooting' it?

I think you almost have to do a remake or reboot, since jumping post-DX1/IW would really throw players who didn't play those games off.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Solo said:
As this thread has showed me (and made me sad about), there are TONS of people playing this game that never played the first game. I think they would benefit, since most of them are obviously never going to pick up the 2000 game.
Yeah, but I think they would benefit in the exact same amount of a sequel to this would without risking pissing off the original fans.

Ourobolus

Banned
So how much XP are people getting after completing the first mission
rescuing the hostages
? I got
9650 before getting on the helicopter
and that doesn't include any XP from exploring the HQ beforehand. I'm playing the "take down everyone non-lethally" method.

Also, I swear after completing the mission and getting on the helicopter, it said that I got
2 PRAXIS points. One definitely because I leveled, but I swear it said I got two (I saw two seperate +PRAXIS notifications). I had a friend playing at the same time who had the same thing happen
. This happen to anyone else?

Zabojnik

How does the HUD scale with the resolution? Seems pretty small on the 1680x1050 and 1920p screens I've seen so far. I've always though that adjustable HUD size should be a standard option in games nowadays, where possibile.

DaBuddaDa

Amazon.com e-mailed me this morning an extra code for their Tactical Enhancement Pack pre-order bonus because apparently they forgot to include them in all of the boxes. I did end up receiving my code in the box, so I have an extra.

I never asked for this...

DaBuddaDa said:
Amazon.com e-mailed me this morning an extra code for their Tactical Enhancement Pack pre-order bonus because apparently they forgot to include them in all of the boxes. I did end up receiving my code in the box, so I have an extra.

thanks. steam iD is DMPrince.

Social

Zabojnik said:
How does the HUD scale with the resolution? Seems pretty small on the 1680x1050 and 1920p screens I've seen so far. I've always though that adjustable HUD size should be a standard option in games nowadays, where possibile.

Some elements scale well, other don't...

The text for the subtitles is way too small on a high resolution, as is the stuff shown in the right bottom corner...

Sethos

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:

I'm your new best bud, hey.

TeK-DeLorean

Neo Member
Zeth said:
So I just quit for the night. Just arrived at the
Montreal TV station
. Anyone care to estimate how far I am through the main story? I'm definitely impressed by the length at this point anyway. My eyes are actually bloodshot for the first time in a while.
I'd say you're about 70% done.

Pretty good game. Two negative things so far: some crappy voice acting and early game spoilers
why'd that bitch kill Kubrick? Can I kill her later?
Other than that, prettttttttttttttttttty prettttttttttttttttttttttttty good.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Aww I'd like me some tactical pack codes :( always late.

edit : waitaminute, I preordered it on D2D, shouldn't I get the ingame items wherever I preordered from?

TeK-DeLorean

Neo Member
FrenchMovieTheme said:
pc version seems to be running fine for me.

anyways, is there consequences for going terminator 1 on the police station. i already fucked with the cops so there's no turning back now but im just curious
This needs to be reposted.
85481D8469DDA0F71A959E5640AA97D557A632A0

GOTY

pringles

360 Nordic Edition GET! Time to start playing!

Solo said:
I'd really welcome a remake of the first game. I started playing through it a while back (for the first time) and while I liked some things about it, a lot of it felt really dated to me. I didn't really get into it all that much and I got to some part where your airship is locked down in a hangar, got stuck and gave up on it.

Solo

pringles said:
360 Nordic Edition GET! Time to start playing!

I'd really welcome a remake of the first game. I started playing through it a while back (for the first time) and while I liked some things about it, a lot of it felt really dated to me. I didn't really get into it all that much and I got to some part where your airship is locked down in a hangar, got stuck and gave up on it.

Oh man, you quit just before one of the best parts :(

Played for a few hours last night and I'm absolutely loving it so far. I'm only at
the Sarif building after the augmentation process, still in the beginning
and I find myself taking in every bit the game has to offer - speaking to each NPC, listening to audio kiosks that further flesh out the world and reading every poster and sign I come across.
Loved the Final Fantasy nod in one of the offices
. This game really feels like a throwback in that you can go off on a completely separate tangent and discover tiny little people stories and interactions within the game world with absolutely no major payoff - no experience, no major item find, no achievements - just exploring for the sake of it.

Currently playing it on the PC with max settings and I'm a little off-put that some of the in-engine cutscenes seems really low res - reminds me of FFXIII on the 360. Is there any way to fix this or is that just how the game is packaged? Everything else though - superb!

Btw need some more gaf friends on Steam. ID is michaeltraps.

Sethos

Banned
I fucking hate publishers, that stupid "Oh, Eurotrash get it 2-3 days later". So I can sit here with my thumb up the ass, looking at my Steam list.

SLV

EatChildren said:
I'd heard about problems with the latest so I've stuck with 275.33 for now. I dont really know if DX11 was the culprit, because it hasn't caused any problems until now, but with it off I've been able to get through the current section without any graphical errors or freezing.

My Asus 570 GTX DC2 has also been a major headache, i know my PSU and the PC in total is good, but very often in games that use the card up to 99% of its power, games just error and shut down, always giving me the kernel crash thingy with drivers, whatever drivers i try i get the same. Most prominent game with such issues even artifacts is Settlers 7 maxed out, thing is as far as i have googled, seems to be a problem with 570 cards :( even returning it for warranty and exchanging only helps a few people, so yeah shit is whack...

Concerning Deus Ex, i have only had the game crash like some people, not with drivers though, as it doesnt really use 99 % of it, mostly 60-80 %

TeK-DeLorean

Neo Member
Red Blaster said:
2nd boss fight is ridiculous and is really bringing down my opinion of the game.
The lock on/tracking ability helps.
bumclot said:
I'm going for a non-lethal playthrough so I'm just selling all the weapons and weapon mods I find. Am I going to regret that later in the game (haven't gotten to the first boss yet)?

Also, are there any mods for the non-lethal guns, like the tranquilizer rifle?
Boss fights always have tons of guns laying around.
Akainu said:
Stupid question. Is there a reason the A in Human Revolution is a triangle. Every time I see a commercial for this game it stick out to me more than anything else.
Third game in the series.

Darklord

Banned
hamchan said:
Sure hope this game sells well. We need more Deus Ex.

The way the augmented editions sold out almost everywhere I think it should go alright at least. It's also the 5th most played game steam for today only being beaten by the big multiplayer games like Black Ops, CS and TF2.

KorrZ

Damn, I am up to my knees in praxis points. Playing pure stealth really pays off in this game. By the time I got to China I had 8 Praxis points built up, after spending all those I had 2 more from the limb clinic and another from the first side quest. I really don't know what to spend my points on...I already have max hacking level 5 and 45% less detection, move/throw heavy, full inventory slots, 3 batteries,max recharge, smart vision and icarus landing system.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
SLV said:
My Asus 570 GTX DC2 has also been a major headache, i know my PSU and the PC in total is good, but very often in games that use the card up to 99% of its power, games just error and shut down, always giving me the kernel crash thingy with drivers, whatever drivers i try i get the same. Most prominent game with such issues even artifacts is Settlers 7 maxed out, thing is as far as i have googled, seems to be a problem with 570 cards :( even returning it for warranty and exchanging only helps a few people, so yeah shit is whack...

Concerning Deus Ex, i have only had the game crash like some people, not with drivers though, as it doesnt really use 99 % of it, mostly 60-80 %

Yeah, I've heard lots of people having issues with the 570 line, but I seem to hear that about every line of cards from every manufacturer :p. What made this particular error weird was its the only error I've had, in one very specific area. I finally got through it without any problems, and I'm 99% positive it was a DX11 issue.

Now that I'm back out on the streets I'm switching DX11 back on to see if everything is as fine as it originally was.

I'm not really feeling this game at all.
Why does it mandate that I be behind a crate just to aim at a guy?
Why doesn't my tranq dart gun have a reticle when I'm aiming?

bigjimmystyle said:
The hacking is kicking my ass. Any tips? I've just reached detroit.

Level up the stealth and fortification augs. I didn't use the hack analyzer augs in my first play through but they seem useful second time around.

SLV

EatChildren said:
Yeah, I've heard lots of people having issues with the 570 line, but I seem to hear that about every line of cards from every manufacturer :p. What made this particular error weird was its the only error I've had, in one very specific area. I finally got through it without any problems, and I'm 99% positive it was a DX11 issue.

Now that I'm back out on the streets I'm switching DX11 back on to see if everything is as fine as it originally was.

Well im actually at the point where i have to go to those gardens after meeting that dude at the bar, all options maxed out, except FFXA on high not MMLA, if i get the same error will report back

TeK-DeLorean

Neo Member
bigjimmystyle said:
The hacking is kicking my ass. Any tips? I've just reached detroit.

Save the game and stare at the layout and plan your attack.
Read the help text (back button on xbox) so you know what each node does.
Once you know your plan of attack, realize you can hack/defend multiple nodes at once, don't sit there waiting for a single node to finish.
Get the detection % augs first as they will factor into every action you take.
If you are failing, disconnect and try again. The early terminals give you 4-5 chances.

red731

Hey lucky European Augumented Edition owners(tomorrow be here faster!) I have a question.

We should get soundtrack, but it is on the blu ray disc and requiring pc to download or play it.

Can you confirm this?

[Update]

Good news! We’ve been informed that this issue affects US customers only, and shouldn’t be a problem for us in SA.

I'm surprised hacking is so... fun and addictive? Best hacking mini-game ever!
michaeltraps said:
Played for a few hours last night and I'm absolutely loving it so far. I'm only at
the Sarif building after the augmentation process, still in the beginning
and I find myself taking in every bit the game has to offer - speaking to each NPC, listening to audio kiosks that further flesh out the world and reading every poster and sign I come across.
Loved the Final Fantasy nod in one of the offices
. This game really feels like a throwback in that you can go off on a completely separate tangent and discover tiny little people stories and interactions within the game world with absolutely no major payoff - no experience, no major item find, no achievements - just exploring for the sake of it.
Sounds exactly like how I'm playing. Game is so good that you want to take in every little nugget of the world.

ruxtpin

Banned
So did buying this game at GameStop vs Amazon get you different d/l content? If so, I'm ready to stir the "this is bullshit" crock-pot.

KorrZ said:
Damn, I am up to my knees in praxis points. Playing pure stealth really pays off in this game. By the time I got to China I had 8 Praxis points built up, after spending all those I had 2 more from the limb clinic and another from the first side quest. I really don't know what to spend my points on...I already have max hacking level 5 and 45% less detection, move/throw heavy, full inventory slots, 3 batteries,max recharge, smart vision and icarus landing system.
Man, I wish I had that problem. I've only completed one main mission in my 7 or so hours though so hopefully I'll start accumulating them once I continue with the story.

EatChildren

Snkfanatic said:
I also have a another code for the preorder items from Amazon. First to quote this gets it

I guess I'll take it?

Yaska

So anyone else have any problems choosing the right augs. I have terrible time of not being able to choose what augs I'd want.

TeK-DeLorean

Neo Member
MrCookiepants said:
I spent my first 2 praxis on the cloak. Was this a waste? It seems pretty useless on the base level.
Maxed out it's pretty nice for those tight spots. I feel like the MGS ninja when I pop it.
Nothing sexier than decloaking into a double takedown cutscene.

Cloak is meant to be used in small bursts. At max level it takes 7 seconds to empty a battery. Decloak right before your battery goes red and it will recharge.

also, you can unlock almost everything by the end of the game, don't be stingy on spending praxis points early.

Top Bottom