• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Just beat it on normal, I missed a couple of the side quests (Did a lot of them though). Steam says I have 10 hours played.

Overall I enjoyed the game but I left feeling just a bit empty on the whole experience. I cant really put my finger on it but I feel like there was a lot of room for improvement. If I had to give it a grade I would slap a solid B on it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
shagg_187 said:
I really don't get the hate towards Boss Fights. Whats so wrong about them? I found them fucking amazing, to be honest.

I dunno about amazing but they were definitely fun, especially the third one.

Zeliard

Game just hit a whole new level of awesome in Hengsha. Visually it's a lot more striking and it's much more enjoyable to navigate since it's denser and more vertical than Detroit. Also seems a good deal larger. I've also had a lot of fun doing random things like
shooting the bouncer in front of The Hive in the head with my silenced 10mm instead of paying him or sneaking in, then just picking up the membership card from his body and walking in.

Also just a short while ago after finishing Bobby Bao's side quest I
knocked him out with a melee attack after sneaking up behind him and stole a Praxis kit (!) from his body, then ran off before the guards saw me.
That was such an awesome and unexpected find considering I just did it completely spur of the moment.
He was crying about the fact that I returned the chip instead of getting him money, so I felt he needed a beatdown. I also came back and finished him off silently afterwards, because fuck him. Hopefully he doesn't offer more quests. :p

L3GOQ.jpg

help I'm stuck in computer

Mindlog

StoppedInTracks said:
Almost 8k posts :D DXHR should shatter the 10k posts OT barrier soon!
I would also like to imagine it's a fairly slow thread because of all the game-time involved.

The grenade launcher turned the ensuing special encounter into a joke. 1 EMP mine and 1 grenade salvo ended that fight quick.

FGMPR

Banned
BannedEpisode said:
Just beat it on normal, I missed a couple of the side quests (Did a lot of them though). Steam says I have 10 hours played.

Overall I enjoyed the game but I left feeling just a bit empty on the whole experience. I cant really put my finger on it but I feel like there was a lot of room for improvement. If I had to give it a grade I would slap a solid B on it.

10 hours? holy shit

Salsa

BannedEpisode said:

steam must be wrong

ShortBus

BannedEpisode said:

Even if someone skips all side quests, is this even possible?

Stallion Free said:
...10 hours? How?

I really dont feel like I rushed. I dunno unless my steam counter is borked.

It was actually clocked at 9, I bumped it up to 10.

I did a decent number of side quests as well and played a good mix of stealth and combat when I needed to.

MechaX

Holy shit, that second boss battle sucked ass. It was like Eidos thought "well, we gave the player a lot of choice in the first boss battle... but let's have this boss be a typical bullet sponge enemy with absolutely no strategy outside of "hope you have EMP weapons" and the only alternate strategy is pretty suicidal."

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MechaX said:
Holy shit, that second boss battle sucked ass. It was like Eidos thought "well, we gave the player a lot of choice in the first boss battle... but let's have this boss be a typical bullet sponge enemy with absolutely no strategy outside of "hope you have EMP weapons" and the only alternate strategy is pretty suicidal."
5 mines = win.

shagg_187 said:
Yeah... I'm calling sceptically bullshit on this one. 10 hours is not completing a single side quest and having all the abilities unlocked from the get go with unlimited ammo and ... well, practically God mode!

Ineveraskedforthis.jpg

I never asked for this...

But seriously, I really didnt even feel like I was rushing. I feel like it was closer to 10 hours though. I did a decent number of sidequests as well. The only one I skipped was the one where
The bartender asks you to kill someone
. Because I thought it was kinda shady.

Im guessing its closer to 10 or 11 hours. I played about 60% stealthy as well. I got a lot of ghost bonuses..

Edit: Sorry Im not trying to fuck with anyone.

29 out of 49 isnt all that bad either, its over 50% in one run through. I did around 10 side missions.

Yep. His playtime definitely looks out of order. I played for 24 hours straight (Not kidding) and I didn't die a lot of found any difficulty getting somewhere, and the time it took me to get to the first boss fight was 14 hours.

I mean... his achievement time stamps don't make no sense! :/

EDIT: No I know you're not lying! :p I'm saying is that Steam fucked it up as your achievement time stamps don't make shit sense.

Yes, I'm looking at your account right now... :p

Of course, you did miss out on one of the bigger side quests like Cloak and Dagger...

Stallion Free said:
...10 hours? How?

Jesus, 10 hours? It took me like 3 hours alone to sneak into the first area.

I can see running and gunning being faster - but I don't know how you would have enough ammo to waste all those fuckers.

That sounds incredibly similar to reports of people playing Witcher 2 and having playtimes off by 10 hours, or somebody claiming that they took 2 hours to beat Portal 2 on their first try and using the Steam counter as proof.

MechaX

Stallion Free said:
5 mines = win.

Yeah, I found the mines I needed to win... after I beat the boss. It didn't help that the boss
was hell bent on running up, detonating her claymore, and then setting off the power generator on both of us, usually killing me if I even attempted to try and look through a locker.

Question regarding very early game spoilers with Zeke (that racist hispanic guy) - I need help

He meets up later and gives me a couple of files about some factory or something
. It seems like a side-quest but it's not showing up on my map or files. Where do I go?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
lowhighkang_LHK said:
Question regarding very early game spoilers with Zeke (that racist hispanic guy) - I need help

He meets up later and gives me a couple of files about some factory or something
. It seems like a side-quest but it's not showing up on my map or files. Where do I go?
The files he gives you have to do with the next main quest mission area you head to.

Zeliard

Someone said earlier you end up having so much money it breaks the economy, but so far for me that hasn't been the case at all. I'm a couple quests into Hengsha so maybe it's different later on.

But while I've found tons of credits (including single credit chips at 1000+ in Hengsha) and sold a lot of stuff, my credit is largely kept in check by buying ammo, grenades, weapon upgrades and especially the Praxis kits from LIMB clinics at 5000 credits a pop. I dunno how often the shop refreshes those but so far in Hengsha I've bought 2.

Dead

well not really...yet
lowhighkang_LHK said:

the codes are for a location in a main mission

lowhighkang_LHK said:

Do me a favor and kill him please... please.

I'll openly admit that I did end up in firefights from time to time but the majority of the time I was sneaking.

The steam counter is probably just borked. I didnt mean to ruffle any feathers, like I said I enjoyed the game.

shagg_187 said:
Do me a favor and kill him please... please.

Oh okay. I know about those codes. That was it...fuck that noise my character is a level 5 hacker with hacker detection bonuses. It was like one of the first things I beefed up. I don't need codes, hacking is now easy as shit for me.

So, can I kill him now?

Salsa

sidequests seem to be a tad harder to find in China

im not THE biggest fan of the method of just finding the right NPC

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think Limb clinics will only ever have 2 Praxis kits and once you buy those they are never restocked.

Linkzg said:
wait, is the second boss
the two big mechs by the helipad?
No, that's actually completely avoidable with a proper build.

I have my machine pistol with a silencer, how silent is the silencer?

I'm doing a stealth build, but not a monk - I'll knock them out via melee, but I have no desire to finish the game without killing anyone or anything.

Is picking people off via headshots on a silencer actually 'silent' - or does it just cause the entire fucking city to gang up on you.

Guys, just a quick question:

Is it possible to backtrack to the Sarif Manufacturing Plant after you've left that area? The Sarif Manufacturing Plant is the area accessed (right at the beginning of the game) by taking Sarif's personal elevator. It's the area where the hostages are being held and a bomb is in place. I forgot to pick up an XP book that's located there, that's why I ask. By the way, I'm at the point in the game where I'm about to leave Detroit for the first time. Thanks.

Zeliard

lowhighkang_LHK said:
I have my machine pistol with a silencer, how silent is the silencer?

I'm doing a stealth build, but not a monk - I'll knock them out via melee, but I have no desire to finish the game without killing anyone or anything.

Is picking people off via headshots on a silencer actually 'silent' - or does it just cause the entire fucking city to gang up on you.

It's very silent. Upgraded silenced 10mm with laser sight has been my weapon of choice. I just headshot people. Lethal stealth.

Almighty said:
I am pretty sure something is wrong with the steam counter. As mine is reporting I have played 8 hours when I am fairly sure it has been at least 12 and probably closer to 16.
It works perfectly for some but for others not so much, they need to fix it.

Top Bottom