• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

deus-ex-hr-wat.png

shagg_187 said:
Yeah... I'm calling sceptically bullshit on this one. 10 hours is not completing a single side quest and having all the abilities unlocked from the get go with unlimited ammo and ... well, practically God mode!

Well it's easily possible.
I spent 7 hours on the last mission in lower shanghai & to the point where I'm got into the CEO head lay's home.
During all that time, I spent hack each & every damn terminal, pc & wait on the enemy patrol routes so I could kill them one by one silently (I also had to wait for my damn battery to recharge between enemies).

Skip all that crap & just go directly to the main missions, shoot on sight & bam a 10 hour game.

Lingitiz

So I just reached
Montreal
. Any idea how far I am? A bit upset with being unable to finish everything I wanted to in Hengsha.

The whole experience has been pretty incredible so far. Great sense of atmosphere, and the story keeps you from putting down the controller.

Salsa

EatChildren said:
Agreed. I love the Icarus landing aug in theory and basic practice, but the animation wears off pretty quickly and I'd much rather it just let you jump and land with no damage all from first person.

specially in city hubs. The height you need to fall through to get killed is so short and ridiculous that the aug gets activated all the time D:

Zaptruder

Banned
EatChildren said:
Agreed. I love the Icarus landing aug in theory and basic practice, but the animation wears off pretty quickly and I'd much rather it just let you jump and land with no damage all from first person.

I gets that way for the take down animations too.

A nice compromise would be to activate the animation say 20% of the time, while giving players the quick real time version most of the time.

That way, this sort of stuff wouldn't wear out its welcome too much.

The difficult part to balance would be the effect that the animations have on gameplay though (i.e. pauses it, and with the take down versions, repositions jensen and the enemy).

Salsa

Its nothing that an easy mod couldnt fix, just need some time till the community gets their hands on the game.

How's it looking for mods btw? i hear every file is encrypted? (that might also be the reason for stuff like stuttering while loading)

Lingitiz said:
So I just reached
Montreal
. Any idea how far I am? A bit upset with being unable to finish everything I wanted to in Hengsha.

The whole experience has been pretty incredible so far. Great sense of atmosphere, and the story keeps you from putting down the controller.

About half-way through

Just finished it. Despite getting stuck on
Jaron
on account of not having enough ammo, loved every minute of it. Can't wait to see what this team does with Thief 4.

I want to meet the person who thought it was a good idea to put bosses in this game... and punch him in the face. Repeatedly. It's completely destroying this game for me. They couldn't have added something like oh if you had hacked this thing way back when with this code you could have opened the floor and killed him. Or maybe you could have completely avoided him if you locked doors to divert him. I don't know something so if you didn't want it to be a firefight it wouldn't have to be. Shit is stupid. Game is awesome. Super awesome. And then there are the boss fights fucking it up.

I've been doing some tests for the stuttering since I completed the game.

Regardless of graphical settings the stuttering occurs despite radeon pro telling me I have 120 fps on dx9 and 90fps on dx11 with tessellation, obviously not a GPU bottleneck. This is on a Radeon HD5850.

Testing the CPU yielded an average usage of 53%. The first core was always above 90% whereas the other 3 cores were using about 20-30% at all times. This is on an i7 @ 2.67GHz

Anyone with stuttering getting it on a PC? I'm using an Alienware laptop and starting to think it just isn't very compatible with mobile chipsets.

Clevinger

19 & 21 said:
Can't wait to see what this team does with Thief 4.

I kind of don't. Not because I don't think they can make a good game, but because I wonder how much appeal a Thief game would have to a mass audience. And if it bombs, I don't want them to shut down.

Zeliard

Ferrio said:
So first boss was actually really easy using
Stun gun + machine pistol
. Was on the hardest difficulty too.

Yeah since
he's an aug electrical attacks work well on him. If you don't have a stun gun EMP grenades also do the job.

wutwutwut

SteveWinwood said:
I want to meet the person who thought it was a good idea to put bosses in this game... and punch him in the face. Repeatedly. It's completely destroying this game for me. They couldn't have added something like oh if you had hacked this thing way back when with this code you could have opened the floor and killed him. Or maybe you could have completely avoided him if you locked doors to divert him. I don't know something so if you didn't want it to be a firefight it wouldn't have to be. Shit is stupid. Game is awesome. Super awesome. And then there are the boss fights fucking it up.
Yeah, the number one thing I want right now is a mod removing the boss fights.

Salsa

Clevinger said:
I kind of don't. Not because I don't think they can make a good game, but because I wonder how much appeal a Thief game would have to a mass audience. And if it bombs, I don't want them to shut down.

same thing we were all saying about a new deus ex game

Jintor

Keyser Soze said:
It is probably some form of adverting, as it is all too perfect to have him on the show on the day the game launches, but it is still cool.

That's just Rob Spence, he's a Canadian filmmaker guy who wants to broadcast his life and jam a camera in his eye. Or I guess he did it.

He probably just likes videogames.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Jintor said:
That's just Rob Spence, he's a Canadian filmmaker guy who wants to broadcast his life and jam a camera in his eye. Or I guess he did it.

He probably just likes videogames.

He was "commissioned" to do a "study" by SE looking into the progress of the game's tech in modern society. Timely.

dreamfall

So much love for this game and it so deserves it! I've haven't been so completely mesmerized by a title like this in ages! 18ish hours in, getting ready to leave Detroit. Exploring, listening to people talk, jumping off rooftops, gah! AMAZING.

About the first boss fight:
After sneaking and taking down enemies for so long, it felt good to use that modded shotgun on Barrett. Grenades were flying, and it was LOUD! This was the first time I killed someone in the game- it was a forced change of pace, but not completely unwelcome. It may get worse, or destroy flow later on, but it felt satisfying.

This game. Holy FUCK!

FStop7

Banned
How awesome is this game? SO AWESOME.

For all intents and purposes I am playing my character as Batman. Batman with robot arms.

Alright looking stuff up it seems like some people fixed the stuttering by turning off the in-game V-SYNC and Triple buffering and turning them on in the CCC.

Hope that works....

dock

Does this game suffer from tiny text and GUI on the console version, as though it's designed only to be played on a monitor or a 50" screen?

I have a 32" screen from a reasonable distance, so I've come to dislike Dead Rising / Costume Quest style tiny text.

Just finished it. What a game - took me about 32 hours. GOTY so far, easily. Foxiest of the Hounds, baby!

Ending spoiler:
Chose the Sarif ending, for as we all know, electronic old men are the future. Also, the post-credits scene: sogood.gif

Rikyfree

Keyser Soze said:
This morning, Sky News have been running a video about a guy with a robot eye. Then, in a in studio interview he constantly brought up Deus Ex Human Revolution when talking

http://news.sky.com/home/technology/article/16057033.

It is probably some form of adverting, as it is all too perfect to have him on the show on the day the game launches, but it is still cool.

ueAQ6.jpg
Actually I believe it's legit. I remember in the tour of the art for DEHR, they talked about that guy.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Stephen_drewz said:
To the pc players - will I be ruining my experience at all by using xbox controller with the USB dongle? I wanna play this from my laptop hooked up to my samsung led tv. Note: laptop can easily handle this on high settings.

Thanks
May I ask what specs your laptop has? I am seriously tempted to grab it on PC, but only if it'll run at a smooth framerate (even if it looks like the first Deus Ex).

MJLord

I'm stuck on the second boss !
if i shoot the power supplies, there is nowhere i can stand without dying too ! I have no grenades and the only weapon i have with ammo is the heavy rifle xD

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
This got a good laugh out of me. Non-story spoilers, but just in case:

In Montreal there's a robot making a sweep with the guards. I got clever and pinned myself up against two walls, put two boxes on the opposite sides and just started blasting everything that came my way. The robot came over but couldn't shoot me, so I'm taking shots inbetween enemy fire. At the very last second when I pop up to shoot, the robot knocks the box in front of me away, I fire and kill it, robot collapses and blows up in front of my face, I die as well.

I love this game.

Teknoman

Isnt the silencer supposed to suppress sound? I've shot a guard that was clearly standing away from others, yet the rest start looking around like they've heard something as soon as I shoot them.

Also I think I need to sell this rocket launcher...its just too big.

Ken

Teknoman said:
Isnt the silencer supposed to suppress sound? I've shot a guard that was clearly standing away from others, yet the rest start looking around like they've heard something as soon as I shoot them.

Also I think I need to sell this rocket launcher...its just too big.
I carried the rocket launcher all the way to the end of the game thinking I'd need it but never did use it.

Top Bottom