• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

I messed up in the first area leaving my only option to storm the police station, I don't even care that I'm going to restart, I LOVE THIS GAME.

Dunlop said:
That Mother Ties quest bug where you cannot complete was very aggrevating as
I went into a police station on full alert just to finish that sidequest so lost a good 30 mins for nothing

I think I found out why it's bugged. I didn't collect all of the evidence. I only got 3 converstations options instead of 4. I didn't talk to
Chet Wagner
when I first entered the police station and I can't find him in the lobby. Please help.

Megalodactyl said:
I messed up in the first area leaving my only option to storm the police station, I don't even care that I'm going to restart, I LOVE THIS GAME.
Stick with your consequences in the first playthrough. Keep things interesting. That's my take anyway.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Megalodactyl said:
Don't be a pussy and raid it. Stand up like a man and take what's yours! *howard dean yelp*

Question dudes: After you depart from Detroit, is that it for the hub? I forsook completing a couple side questions in interest of advancing the story
I couldn't justify having Adam rummage around the Police Station for info about Megan after discovering the FEMA base in Highland Park
but I still want to go back and explore.

Dunlop

pretty sure that is the issue everyone is having. I had 3 also but it tells me the quest is complete.

I gave up and moved on to
china

I pity the poor maintenance dude who checks out the vents in that police station, hope his medical plan covers mental anguish

Megalodactyl said:
I was so close to doing the same thing but instead I just manned up and busted through the front door.
invisibly

Amir0x said:
I'm sorry but the yellow piss filter is just inherently distracting. It doesn't serve the mood of the game and it doesn't serve to enhance the visual impact. It just serves to muddy the technological future this game is presenting.

It's fine if you like it, but you can like it and I can still get a mod that de-uglifies it.
Solo said:
Piss filter removal mod will be out within a few days of release.

I haven't read the entire thread, but this was posted back on Aug. 20th. Has there been any further word on a mod that will remove the yellow color? Until then, I'll have to pass.

KorrZ

So for the pre order exclusive mission..
Do I have to search for Tong to get this quest? Or will I just get it automatically? I'm about to go to T.Y.M after meeting the hacker and I don't want to miss the bonus mission :(

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Lucky Forward said:
I haven't read the entire thread, but this was posted back on Aug. 20th. Has there been any further word on a mod that will remove the yellow color? Until then, I'll have to pass.
It isn't a piss filter. It's more like a golden hue. The game looks great with it.

Zeth

I'm about to leave (second half of game spoiler)
rioting Detroit, the only side mission I did was disarming the psycho guy in the sewers. Is there anyone else I can talk to to start one before I leave?

Facism

chill down my spine when the music comes in as you enter Sarif's office at the beginning of the game.

Nixxes did a good PC port, but seriously needed to think about naming saves as my bro is gonna use this and theres always a risk they get overwritten, despite being numbered.

Menelaus

Banned
So, I don't know if yesterday's patch is responsible, because I also moved my Steam directory to a new harddrive right before the patch came, but my loadtimes are almost nothing today. Such an improvement. Quickload is now worthy of its name.

Solo

Lucky Forward said:

Real talk: you don't even notice it.

Lunar15

I really like the yellow tone of everything. It makes it feel distinct, and gives it an artistic edge. The game isn't supposed to be "realistic", it's definitely stylized. I know the art designer for the game said that he wanted it to look like "historic manuscripts", which ties in to the "renaissance" themes of the game.

I can understand why people may be put off by it, but I'm just saying it has significance.

Zeth said:
I'm about to leave (second half of game spoiler)
rioting Detroit, the only side mission I did was disarming the psycho guy in the sewers. Is there anyone else I can talk to to start one before I leave?

There's a mission involving the
private detective who Sarif got to investigate you

ctrayne

I've said it before, will say it again - to those looking for a silenced sniper rifle, you should be able to find one in the first half of
Tai Yong Medical
. It's not the Whisperthingy DLC gun, just a silenced sniper rifle.

charsace

Lucky Forward said:
The game looks great with the filter. It not just thrown on for the hell of it. The game world is dark, dreary and depressing because of the way it looks and the people that's in it.

The gardens is one of the saddest places ever. :(

Hawk269

Maybe I missed it, but just skimmed through the last 4-5 pages of the thread and there is no mention of the patch that was released today. From what I hear from PC Gamer website it reduces loading times by 50%, fixes the mouse lag issues and few other things. Any feedback on those that have the patch?

I am at work and wont be able to try it out for another 8 hours or so.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm glad the piss filter turned out as well as it did. I haven't read a single complaint from people who are actually playing the game. I certainly have no complaints.

So, regarding the ending choices:

The one I want to go for is the one which exposes the entire conspiracy and puts people off research, but I know that - given the events of Deus Ex - this method won't succeed. Also, if you ban corporations from researching it, more shady organisations will do clandestine research, and that can't be good.

I certainly have no interest in killing myself and everyone in the Panchea with me, but as for the other two options, I don't know which agenda I dislike least. Neither is great - Sarif seems visionary but naive, Taggart and his cabal are shady, manipulative and evil.

I think I'm just going to go with exposing everything, the middle button, and then watch the alternative endings afterwards.

Wallach said:
They're different but not by much, the one you can find requires upgrades for scope/silencer and looks a little different (doesn't use the camo aesthetic mainly). The other DLC weapons are much more "exclusive" compared to the SR.

supposedly, and i can't remember where i heard this, the DLC sniper rifle reduces detection even more than a fully upgraded sniper rifle. and it's also maxed out from the beginning, and you can't upgrade it.

it would have really changed the dynamic of my mission.

i asked this earlier, but how do i take down an NPC? i never see the option, even when i sneak up behind them.

Wallach

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
supposedly, and i can't remember where i heard this, the DLC sniper rifle reduces detection even more than a fully upgraded sniper rifle. and it's also maxed out from the beginning, and you can't upgrade it.

it would have really changed the dynamic of my mission.

i asked this earlier, but how do i take down an NPC? i never see the option, even when i sneak up behind them.

Default button on PC is Q. Tap for non-lethal, hold for lethal.

charsace

Stallion Free said:
I'm glad the piss filter turned out as well as it did. I haven't read a single complaint from people who are actually playing the game. I certainly have no complaints.
Glad you've seen the light. I was really pissing off in the threads prior to the games release that so many people were harping it even though almost everyone that played the leak either liked it or had no problems with it.

Angst

BobsRevenge said:
It isn't a piss filter. It's more like a golden hue. The game looks great with it.
100 % agree. It's not like some games that just uses "next-gen" filters because they can. This game actually fits and benefits from the filter.

charsace said:
The game looks great with the filter. It not just thrown on for the hell of it. The game world is dark, dreary and depressing because of the way it looks and the people that's in it.

The gardens is one of the saddest places ever. :(

Clearly, a lot of people like the yellow look, or at least it doesn't bother them, but I think this game just isn't for me.

Thanks, everyone!

Running the game with i7 2600s at 2.8ghz, 8 gb ram, and a 6850.

Trilinear, fxaa med, dof off, and everything else on. Game runs at 60 fps most of the time but dips down to low 30s in the most random areas and is quite distracting. I've tried different combinations of settings to remedy this and all pretty much yield the same results unless vsync is off.

The only combination that I didn't mess with is tesselation. What does this do for this game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
KoruptData said:
Running the game with i7 2600s at 2.8ghz, 8 gb ram, and a 6850.

Trilinear, fxaa med, dof off, and everything else on. Game runs at 60 fps most of the time but dips down to low 30s in the most random areas and is quite distracting. I've tried different combinations of settings to remedy this and all pretty much yield the same results unless vsync is off.

The only combination that I didn't mess with is tesselation. What does this do for this game.
You have an i7 2600k and you're using a 6850?! I'm kind of surprised as a 6850 is even slower than the older 5850 and MUCH slower than a 5870.

Naxx

Hey everyone,

I play this on my laptop:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4012MB RAM
Display: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M CUDA 1.5GB

And I get problems when I play it with a gamepad (wired 360). The game seems to freeze when do "heavy action" like shooting, jumping and crouching seem to work fine. When i unplug the gamepad when it freezes the game unfreezes. I got this problem also with other games, but all games Prototype, Bully work fine. So I think its the grahpical "heavy" games (ie Assassin's creed games) that this occurs on.

So what setting causes the problem? Is it the AA setting or what, I can't seem to find the cause. I hope you guys can help me!

Thanks in advance.

charsace

Lucky Forward said:
Clearly, a lot of people like the yellow look, or at least it doesn't bother them, but I think this game just isn't for me.

Thanks, everyone!
Are you seriously not interested in buying the game because of the gold filter? Like for reals?

jcm

Xander51 said:
Yeah, at the end of the first helicopter sequence there's a little pop-up box that says "Thanks for pre-ordering the game, here's your DLC!" I think that's the only time it can happen.

Well that blows. I forgot to redeem my code before I started.

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered a million times, but it's a big thread. Which augs are people buying first? I was leaning towards hacking 2, but maybe I won't need that for a while?

Lucky Forward said:

Thanks, everyone!
You think the game isn't for you because of the colour use? You must understand how painful that is to read.

charsace

Rickenslacker said:
You think the game isn't for you because of the colour use? You must understand how painful that is to read.
Its mind boggling to me. He's passing up one of the best games of this generation because of a gold post process filter.

Linkzg said:
you know you've been playing too much when your first instinct in real world hallway is "hug the wall and scout before turning the corner"
You might have to shoot someone in the face so what you're doing is understandable. Yesterday I punched out someone in the subway that was playing a guitar. People looked at me funny. Don't know what their problems were.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
So in the second hub is the only way to get into an apartment for an optional quest to hack a level 3 panel?

Mœbius

Well I played today at work (since my work PC is better than my home one); pretty much my entire work day - 9 hours non-stop, hehe. Absolutely loving it, was going on about it to my wife, who was intrigued, and the conversation naturally shifted to Blade Runner - which she had heard of but never seen! As soon as we got home I put in the blu-ray and all is right in the world again.

Regarding performance, I have had few issues so far (no crashes and decent load times around 20-30 seconds max, only a few dropped frames in intense situations) with everything turned up - triple buffering, FXAA, SSAO, vsync. However it's worth noting that I'm not running on a DX11 capable OS.

Work PC specs:
XP (64bit)
i7 3.4gb
GTX460
8GB ram

I've just reached the first boss. Question for those who have got further... will I be able to return to Detroit hub after the Highland Park section? I still have one loose end to tie up there.

Linkzg said:
you know you've been playing too much when your first instinct in real world hallway is "hug the wall and scout before turning the corner"

LOL! I thinking of my things I do as task that light on my mental map and that I get acheivements for them. I also want to imitate Jensen's voice.

Top Bottom