• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

thehillissilent said:
You need to hack Chet Wagner's computer and look at emails, then you need to confront him. Or you can confront him and use social enhancement. You might be screwed if you killed most of them
I hacked all of the computers in the station so I should be good there. Most of the guys on the main floor are still alive, including all of the ones in the main lobby where you enter the station. Is that where Chet is?

Zeliard

The_Darkest_Red said:
I hacked all of the computers in the station so I should be good there. Most of the guys on the main floor are still alive, including all of the ones in the main lobby where you enter the station. Is that where Chet is?

He's the moustached asshole standing in the lobby.

I broke him down through dialogue.

The_Darkest_Red said:

Chet was there in the lobby with a tablet in his hand when I entered the police station for the first time from the front. However, I left the police station after getting the chip from the corpse and hacking most of the computers except for Captain Penn. When i came back, I couldn't find Chet at all.

wutwutwut

cackhyena said:
Wait, I missed that praxis kit by the cache, I think. Can i go back to the Detroit hub later if I already moved on to Hengsha..or however it's spelled?
Yeah. The kit is easy to miss, and I only discovered it by accident.
It's in the sewers though, not exactly by the cache.

I wasn't expecting the wall-punching aug to be nearly as useful as it's turned out to be in my playthrough.

Gvaz

Banned
Solo said:
Dennis playing DXHR before The Wtcher 2? Tsk.

rochegifkq9b.gif
Dennis not playing the Witcher 2 is prolly just him being butthurt that he can't play it on 2560x1600 with ubersampling, so he doesn't play it at all ;)

Love ya dennis.

Zeliard

I mentioned this earlier but if anyone wants a Praxis point in Hengsha, a relatively easy and amusing way is to
knock Bobby Bao (the bartender at The Hive) out or kill him then just loot a Praxis kit from his body.
Did that last night on a whim and wasn't quite expecting that reward.

Echoplx

Zeliard said:
I mentioned this earlier but if anyone wants a Praxis point in Hengsha, a relatively easy and amusing way is to
knock Bobby Bao (the bartender at The Hive) out or kill him then just loot a Praxis kit from his body.

lol that's meant to be your reward for a side quest, way to cut corners man

I'm sat here with a PS3 and 360 Augmented Edition of the game in my basket.

I really can't make a choice here. I don't care about the controller, either..

MarshMellow96 said:

PS3 version loads faster than the 360 version if you don't install it. otherwise installed 360 version is a tad faster loading.

i'm playing PS3 version and i don't have a problem with loading times at all. it's shorter than the youtube videos i've seen. (i swapped the hard drive in my PS3 long ago but it's by no means fancy/fast)

Curufinwe

MarshMellow96 said:

I've read a few people say the frame rate on the PS3 really slows down in big fire fights. But Digital Foundry's comparison is not out yet.

I've actually decided to wait and get the PC version in the Christmas Steam sales. My den gets annoyingly warm while playing PC games in summer unless I really crank up the central air or have a fan blowing right in my face. Playing it in winter I can even overclock my crappy processor without the CPU temp getting too hot.

Zeliard

3chopl0x said:
lol that's meant to be your reward for a side quest, way to cut corners man

Haha well I didn't get it in mine since
I returned the chip to him instead of money, which he didn't appreciate. So when I got nothing from him, he got punished, and I received my just reward.

But yes don't do what I said until after that particular side quest is complete :p

The Stig

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
it's also worth noting that no matter what version you get, the cutscenes are always crappy and overcompressed.
i noticed this

remember the time when FMVs were a million times better than the game graphics?

edit - i know old fmvs were usually not made with the game engine, so its not like for like

54-46!

How do I
- fix mouse lag? (already turned off V-sync and Triple buffering)
- use hold instead of toggle for iron sights?
- bind stuff to TAB?

Where's the cfg?

Edit: apparently in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\

The Stig said:
i noticed this

remember the time when FMVs were a million times better than the game graphics?

edit - i know old fmvs were usually not made with the game engine, so its not like for like

there's nothing wrong with the quality of the cutscenes themselves, but the compression of the videos themselves is really surprising. i can understand the 360 version needing to fit on the DVD, but the PC and PS3 versions don't have an excuse. i don't think the game takes up THAT much space on the BD. [see: full PS3 titles on PSN]

ctrayne

3chopl0x said:
So where are people finding this silenced sniper in the
tai long medical
area?
There is a long walkway near the beginning of the area, right after the room with the two scientists. You climb a ladder to get inside it. Walk all the way to the end of it and look around. That is where it was for me.

Varna

cackhyena said:
Wait, I missed that praxis kit by the cache, I think. Can i go back to the Detroit hub later if I already moved on to Hengsha..or however it's spelled?

Damn. Me too. :(

I'm missing a lot of things I think. There is so much clutter everywhere it's hard to spot items. I really want them to add a button for the item highlight.

anddo0

Superimposer said:
In Cloak and Daggers, how do you
get into the alley where O'Malley is? There's a corridor leading there but the floor is electrically charged.

-3rd floor of the police department storage vent.
-Sewers
-Pile boxes climb the fence

Gvaz

Banned
54-46! said:
How do I
- fix mouse lag? (already turned off V-sync and Triple buffering)
- use hold instead of toggle for iron sights?
- bind stuff to TAB?

Where's the cfg?
There isn't one. There's no mouse lag, it's an effect of your current system configuration. Also the patch fixes the mouse issues.

54-46! said:
Edit: apparently in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\
No don't do this. DXHR uses windows raw input, there's no mouse acceleration or lag in the game's design.

Ferrio

Banned
anddo0 said:
-3rd floor of the police department storage vent.
-Sewers
-Pile boxes climb the fence

-Dermal upgrade to run through electricity
-Jumping upgrade to jump over fence
-Uses boxes to hopscotch across electricity (someone said they did it in this thread)

well it's looking like i have no option but to start a new game. DLC won't be accessible until i start over. total bummer. only put 8 hours in (taking my time, looking around etc.) but the hacking with be a chore. at least i can undo my mistake of grabbing cloak early. :\

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Mines/grenades etc are way too fucking loud relative to the rest of the game. One just went off and I shat myself!

Desaan

Game is nigh unplayable for me, the constant graphical stuttering is driving me crazy. Completed the warehouse level without too many issues and then actually went out into the city. Oh man, what the hell is going on is here!? Constant fps stutters all over the place, I can run backwards and forwards in a line in the same area and it does nothing but constantly hitch.

My PC specs poo all over this game and yet here I am, latest drivers for everything. Just horrible. :(

Wallach

Man I love the revolver noise/feedback. I sometimes just quick save and blow someone way to hear it. I haven't found anyone worthy of killing with it yet though.

ctrayne

Wallach said:
Man I love the revolver noise/feedback. I sometimes just quick save and blow someone way to hear it. I haven't found anyone worthy of killing with it yet though.
The revolver is just a cool weapon all around. I love the look and feel of it, and as you mentioned, the sound. Just wait for the explosive rounds you can add to it.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
theinfinityissue said:
That's not the only way through.

You can also hack a backdoor to the alley on the second floor of the police department, I believe it's level 3.

man I love this game.

If you
climb a floor above the one with that back door, you find a vent that leads to the third floor of the police department. No hacking required.

I love the revolver too, but at the moment the 10mm pistol is still far more useful to me. I hope the revolver becomes more useful later, because I really want to use it.

XeroSauce

Chiggs said:
The shotgun, once upgraded, is such a perfect weapon. It just feels right, and the impact it delivers. Perfection.

What upgrades did you use? I didn't know if I liked the burst fire mode or not.

54-46!

Gvaz said:
There isn't one. There's no mouse lag, it's an effect of your current system configuration. Also the patch fixes the mouse issues.
If there's mouse lag there's mouse lag, my PC specs shouldn't matter. Also tried setting SSAO to normal, which fixes some of it, not all.

No don't do this. DXHR uses windows raw input, there's no mouse acceleration or lag in the game's design.
Huh? Having access to the cfg means I'll be able to edit the controls/settings to whatever I want, I'd say that's a good thing.

Also, how do I disable the title logos?

abunai

So now that I'm finally playing it, I also get that strange glitch where a line always follows the terrain a few meters in front of me, not related to textures or anything. Just a line. Did we find a fix? Been avoiding the thread for a while to hide from spoilers, sorry if it's been asked a lot.

wutwutwut said:
Did anybody else (second trip to Hengsha spoilers)
save Faridah
?
Yep, with a stealth build, on the hardest difficulty. Awww yeahhh!

Felt like a total badass after that event.
I immediately ran and jumped on the structure to the right, and sprinted and melee'd each soldier in the area as fast as I could, without being spotted, in the span of like 30 seconds. Then I used the explosive barrels lying around and tossed them at the mech.
One of the more exhilarating moments of the game, easily.

Syriel

Figured I'd post a single mention of this.

I'm running a DXHR giveaway today for anyone who wants to snag a free copy.

It's all happening on the WorthPlaying Twitter feed.

1) Go find the PR guy at the SE booth at PAX and post a specific pic. First to do this wins.
https://twitter.com/#!/worthplaying/status/107144962205941760

2) For those not at PAX, I'll be giving away codes on the twitter feed this afternoon (Pacific Time).
https://twitter.com/#!/worthplaying/status/107149627425431552

I know most of you are playing, but if not, here's a few chances to snag a copy gratis. ;)

And if you know anyone at PAX, tell em to go hunt down Matt and get that pic. heh.

Desaan

abunai said:
So now that I'm finally playing it, I also get that strange glitch where a line always follows the terrain a few meters in front of me, not related to textures or anything. Just a line. Did we find a fix? Been avoiding the thread for a while to hide from spoilers, sorry if it's been asked a lot.

I noticed this aswell, it's to do with the terrible AF the game engine uses. Even at x16 you can visibly see a white line on the floor 30m ahead constantly. If the floor textures are lightly coloured you barely notice it but on darker ones it's incredibly noticeable.

charsace

Zeliard said:
Damn dude you are vicious. There is a side quest that branches and you get it as a reward.

blackflag

The_Darkest_Red said:

Yeah but I don't know what's up. I didn't kill anyone in the police station and he's still not there now. It seems that if you break in, he leaves. Not sure but that's what happened to me.

charsace

Akuun said:

If you
climb a floor above the one with that back door, you find a vent that leads to the third floor of the police department. No hacking required.

I love the revolver too, but at the moment the 10mm pistol is still far more useful to me. I hope the revolver becomes more useful later, because I really want to use it.
Revolver is boss. When you get explosive rounds you can shoot it at an area where there are a group of enemies and it does damage to them. I think the revolver is the best choice because with upgrades it becomes very versatile and can take down robots.

Lakitu

st5fu
Right, I've been playing it for a while. It's amazing.

But one thing, my HUD has completely disappeared! Is this normal? I can't see shit, especially since I use the radar so much. Even the objective locators are missing. And I do have that one switched on via settings. Is this a bug?

blackflag said:
Yeah but I don't know what's up. I didn't kill anyone in the police station and he's still not there now. It seems that if you break in, he leaves. Not sure but that's what happened to me.

Yeah, I snuck in the first time I went to the police station as well. It just sucks and I don't want to restart it. I'll just watch a playthrough of it.

Interfectum

Lakitu said:
Right, I've been playing it for a while. It's amazing.

But one thing, my HUD has completely disappeared! Is this normal? I can't see shit, especially since I use the radar so much. Even the objective locators are missing. And I do have that one switched on via settings. Is this a bug?

did you drink any beer, in-game?

Lakitu

st5fu
Interfectum said:
did you drink any beer, in-game?

Not to my recollection. I did sell some. Although, who knows. I may have accidentally while I've tinkered with the inventory. Would it wear off?

ctrayne said:
Have you tried quitting and reloading the game?

Just tried that... still the same.

Top Bottom