• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
that feel when you find a certain body in the Harvester base

:|

Is the ':|' face okay? I bet that's a subtle spoiler too, right?

zoner said:
that feel when you find a certain body in the Harvester base

:|
How bout you spoiler tag that shit? Hints like this are basically subtle spoilers because you'll start making predictions while you're playing trying to guess what it could be. Lame

blahblah...blah said:
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the guy you killed was in fact a disgruntled customer coming after the apartment owner?

oh awesome then! i wasted him so good....

anyone notice how they are just called Credits now? instead of Credit Chits? :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heavy said:
How bout you spoiler tag that shit? Hints like this are basically subtle spoilers because you'll start making predictions while you're playing trying to guess what it could be. Lame
How about I could not be more vague in that description?

Heavy said:
Wake up, first thing I think about is Human Revolution.

To the EU players starting today... get the jumping aug fairly early as it's fun and let's you find alternate paths and stashed items and "explorer" XP points and it's just fun. I just got the lift heavy objects aug and I think that's pretty good too.

Agreed, it's a fantastic first aug, I did that followed by switching between hacking and dermal skin augs. I'm not going strictly stealth, but more of a quick strike character. Maxing out my pistol on upgrades as well.

Drakken

Ugh. I'm on the second major Detroit mission (
FEMA factory?
), and I'm out of inventory space already, even with all the augs. I really want to grab the
rocket launcher
of course, but it takes up so much space. Anyone have recommendations as to what to get rid of (basically what I'll miss the least)? I have a couple gun mods I can use, but I wanted to save those until I had a better idea of which guns it would be best to use them on. I'd basically have to use both of those, use all the meds/stimpacks I have, and drop my grenades.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Drakken said:
FEMA factory?
), and I'm out of inventory space already, even with all the augs. I really want to grab the
rocket launcher
of course, but it takes up so much space. Anyone have recommendations as to what to get rid of (basically what I'll miss the least)? I have a couple gun mods I can use, but I was saving those until I had a better idea of which guns I wanted to use them on.
If you have the PEPS gun or whatever, get rid of that piece of shit. Most useless thing I've ever found. Pistol and shotgun are the only guns that I think are necessary, but I went lethal.

CF_Fighter said:
Agreed, it's a fantastic first aug, I did that followed by switching between hacking and dermal skin augs. I'm not going strictly stealth, but more of a quick strike character. Maxing out my pistol on upgrades as well.

im getting my ass kicked by level 2 terminals all of the sudden. i feel like i wasted my praxis on stealth camo skin and should have put those first initial points to hacking. i REALLY want to be a silent assassin, but i don't have access to the right weapons yet, and there are too many terminals and locked things that i just *have* to get into. i hate how short the stealth camo lasts too. when you initially unlock it it's basically useless. in what situation will i need to be invisible for 1.5 seconds? :\

Dunlop

Not exclusive to Deus Ex, can someone explain why there is like 5 "tips" on the loading screen for the entire game?

Get to read them a lot with the long loading times on the PS3.

Couldn't just had an intern to write then copy/paste like 500?

:p

FGMPR

Banned
Drakken said:
FEMA factory?
rocket launcher
of course, but it takes up so much space. Anyone have recommendations as to what to get rid of (basically what I'll miss the least)? I have a couple gun mods I can use, but I was saving those until I had a better idea of which guns I wanted to use them on. I'd basically have to use both of those, use all the meds/stimpacks I have, and drop my grenades.

I wouldn't bother. Definitely not worth it.

zoner said:
How about I could not be more vague in that description?
I think you missed the point. Simply knowing that
you find a body in the Harvester base
is a spoiler. Not only that,
you mentioning it implies that it's the body of a somewhat important character, which then causes people like me and Heavy who haven't played the game that far to start making predictions about who it could be in our heads when we really don't want to know.

JoeBoy101

Drakken said:
FEMA factory?
rocket launcher
of course, but it takes up so much space. Anyone have recommendations as to what to get rid of (basically what I'll miss the least)? I have a couple gun mods I can use, but I was saving those until I had a better idea of which guns I wanted to use them on. I'd basically have to use both of those, use all the meds/stimpacks I have, and drop my grenades.

Having just done that mission, unless the only guns you have are the ones the guards use, you WILL run out of space unless you aug your carrying capacity. My biggest suggestion? Grab every EMP grenade you find. Keep to your normal playstyle, but those EMP grenades are gold. Never leave one behind.

On a side note to the thread: Am I the only one who is enjoying the hacking minigame? I actually hack doors and computers I have codes for, just to get a little extra XP and fun.

webrunner

So I was looking around and I found a fire escape door. I went in, looked around, and the only exit was onto a roof.

What kind of building designer does that?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The_Darkest_Red said:
you mentioning it implies that it's the body of a somewhat important character, which then causes people like me and Heavy who haven't played the game that far to start making predictions about who it could be in our heads when we really don't want to know.
And at the same time, it lets people know they should explore a certain area. And who says they're important? Maybe it's a dog. Maybe it's a character you don't expect. You'll find lots of bodies in every base because you'll be KILLING people.

Angst

The_Darkest_Red said:
Marking spoilers with (mid-game, late-game, finished game) etc is considered nice as well... :(

FGMPR

Banned
zoner said:
And at the same time....

You're reaching. Nobody needs to be told to explore an area. If that's how they play the game, that's how they will play it. That little piece of nothing advice isn't worth the trail of breadcrumbs you left that will likely lead to a potential spoiler.

Clevinger

zoner said:
And at the same time, it lets people know they should explore a certain area. And who says they're important? Maybe it's a dog. Maybe it's a character you don't expect. You'll find lots of bodies in every base because you'll be KILLING people.

I haven't gotten to the part you're talking about, but it seems pretty clear to me now that
I'm going to find an important character's corpse there.
Thanks.

Clevinger said:
I haven't gotten to the part you're talking about, but it seems pretty clear to me now that
Thanks.

He really hasn't ruined anything. Trust me.

As for my game, I'm in the very final stretch now, and there's no way in hell I'd be able to be a pacifist at this stage - I'm actually angered by the 'bad guys' and enjoy brutally murdering everyone who comes into contact with me. That's powerful storytelling, right there! :D

Dunlop

That Mother Ties quest bug where you cannot complete was very aggrevating as
I went into a police station on full alert just to finish that sidequest so lost a good 30 mins for nothing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Clevinger said:
Thanks.
Actually I spoilered it mere seconds after the post, so you have no one to blame but yourself.

I think I'm up to the point where I can leave Detroit and its been around 10 hours.

Having a blast, sticking with just hacking + stealth. Going gung-ho seems like it'd be really messy with a lot of firefights and alarms going off, also the game tends to reward you for not drawing attention to yourself. Luckily I had a shotgun and a couple of frag grenades for the first boss fight which made it pretty easy.

Just before I head to
China
are there any more sidequests in Detroit? I've done Motherly Ties, A Lesser Evil and Cloak & Daggers already.

Dunlop said:
That Mother Ties quest bug where you cannot complete was very aggrevating as
I went into a police station on full alert just to finish that sidequest so lost a good 30 mins for nothing

Yeah, I was so pissed off because I really wanted to complete it and spent so much time on it. I wanted to make Megan's Mom happy :(

Sanic

I generally never do sidequests in games but something is compelling me to give the ones in this game a shot.

So, are they actually fun and meaningful?

Pandoracell said:
I generally never do sidequests in games but something is compelling me to give the ones in this game a shot.

yes, they are meaningful and they affect how you do the main quest. There are definately some benefits to doing them.

Pandoracell said:

The side quests are insanely good and really should be required. They're lengthy, multi-tiered, interesting, well done, not boring, and affect the main storyline. Calling them side quests actually isn't fair. I hope people don't miss out on them.

Wessiej

blahblah...blah said:
Shit, I really shouldn't have
got the new chip implanted
Same here, can't beat the final boss because of this...anyone got some tips for me? stuck there for days...

I hope I didn't accidentally blow my non-lethal achievement with this:

I tranq'd a dude in the sewers and his ragdoll went straight into the water. It didn't give me any kind of death message (I got the standard Merciful Soul/Man Down/Marksman update), so I'm hoping it won't count. :\

EmCeeGramr said:

I tranq'd a dude in the sewers and his ragdoll went straight into the water. It didn't give me any kind of death message (I got the standard Merciful Soul/Man Down/Marksman update), so I'm hoping it won't count. :\

Don't think it does, I did the same

Derrick01

Banned
This game is running into the same problem so many modern rpgs have. By the time I was 3/4 done with the 2nd Hub section I was pretty overpowered. I have most of the augs I wanted and I have a pistol with about 9-10 mods including multiple ammo increase ones. It destroys people when I choose to use it. They reward exploration but almost too much, rpgs begin to lose my interest when I'm no longer gaining much for leveling and I become unstoppable.

Also I think this game having a really good map system is hurting the exploration. I haven't found much that I would consider really tough to find and I almost never feel like there's more ways to go then what I found, whereas I'm still not completely sure when I play DX1 even today.

Still enjoying it though don't get me wrong.

Stealth is glorious, I find it so easy to just sneak around and hack cameras and open doors. Most of the time you really cannot put all of them down, as that would take too much time.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
EmCeeGramr said:

I accidentally did that as well so I reloaded just to be safe.

EmCeeGramr said:

Can't you look at his body and see if there are z's or a skull and crossbones?

Derrick01 said:
This game is running into the same problem so many modern rpgs have. By the time I was 3/4 done with the 2nd Hub section I was pretty overpowered. I have most of the augs I wanted and I have a pistol with about 9-10 mods including multiple ammo increase ones. It destroys people when I choose to use it. They reward exploration but almost too much, rpgs begin to lose my interest when I'm no longer gaining much for leveling and I become unstoppable.

Also I think this game having a really good map system is hurting the exploration. I haven't found much that I would consider really tough to find and I almost never feel like there's more ways to go then what I found, whereas I'm still not completely sure when I play DX1 even today.

Still enjoying it though don't get me wrong.
Turn off the object highlighting + objective markers + raise difficulty level. Any 2 of those. I find the game quite challenging and have died many, many times... a single shotgun blast takes you out. A split second of machine gun fire takes you out, a few pistol shots as well.

AkIRA_22

This is such a great game. It is everything Invisible War should have been. I feel like I'm 18 again playing Deus Ex whilst at Navy Tech Training. PC games then are what games are now, this is why I love the PC.

Derrick01

Banned
Heavy said:
Turn off the object highlighting + objective markers + raise difficulty level. Any 2 of those. I find the game quite challenging and have died many, many times... a single shotgun blast takes you out. A split second of machine gun fire takes you out, a few pistol shots as well.

I've done all of that from the start. It's not combat that's hard as I play stealthy anyway, I'm just too overpowered because of all the experience and gear I got from exploring really well.

Dennis

Banned
Heavy said:
Turn off the object highlighting + objective markers + raise difficulty level. All 3 of those.
Sounds like the way to go
for Real Man Gamers

I am getting my new PC parts on monday so I guess it makes no sense starting the game now.

Looooooooong ass weekend ahead.....

Wallach

Derrick01 said:
I've done all of that from the start. It's not combat that's hard as I play stealthy anyway, I'm just too overpowered because of all the experience and gear I got from exploring really well.

Can't be much worse than the original Deus Ex in this regard, haha.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Is this supposed to happen? I'm right at the start doing the conversation in the hostage situation (not a spoiler). The game freezes during the dialogue and then plays catch up if you know what I mean. Really irritating me.

Pandoracell said:

I'm only up to the second hub and I've completed every side quest so far. I can't imagine how much shorter my play-through would be if I was just skipping them all. You get a ton of cool weapons, money, and XP for doing them, and it fleshes out the universe quite a bit.

Top Bottom