• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

bathala

Banned
got into a habit of reloading a previous saved game then rearranging the environment before I trigger the appearance of soldiers
like in World 3
Montreal, where u wait for the elevator while soldiers rush in. I reloaded my save and used the vending machines to block one entrance. Finally, boxes by the elevator were I just crouched. hid, and waited for the elevator
:p

Ken

Meisadragon said:
Is it worth getting that fast recharge Augment? I mean, does it restore all the cells or just one? I wanna be sure before I invest in it.
It only recharges cells with any amount of charge left in them and your first cell. So if you had two cells and melee'd someone, you wouldn't recharge the second cell since a melee consumes 1 entire cell. Maxing it for the speed of recharging even just the first cell is handy thouh.

Ferrio

Banned
O.DOGG said:
It only restores one. With that said, I found it to be useful. With the upgrade I didn't have to wait that long between takedowns.

How fast is fast? Like if you got all the upgrades? Guess I c ould test myself..

KorrZ

bathala said:
got into a habit of reloading a previous saved game then rearranging the environment before I trigger the appearance of soldiers
like in World 3
Montreal, where u wait for the elevator while soldiers rush in. I reloaded my save and used the vending machines to block one entrance. Finally, boxes by the elevator were I just crouched. hid, and waited for the elevator
:p

Hahaha, yeah I did something similar.
Blocked both doors with vending machines/boxes, was pretty hilarious just standing in the room listening to the dramatic action music play while the enemies were just standing outside unable to get in lol.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
O.DOGG said:
It only restores one. With that said, I found it to be useful. With the upgrade I didn't have to wait that long between takedowns.

Ken said:
It only recharges cells with any amount of charge left in them and your first cell. So if you had two cells and melee'd someone, you wouldn't recharge the second cell since a melee consumes 1 entire cell. Maxing it for the speed of recharging even just the first cell is handy thouh.

Thanks. I'll get it then.

Ken

Ferrio said:
How fast is fast? Like if you got all the upgrades? Guess I c ould test myself..
Max level begins recharging cells immediately. I don't remember how long it takes to fully recharge a cell from 0. 20 seconds I think with no start up time at max level.

I found having it maxed along with cloak to be a good combination; a max level cloak depletes 1 cell for 7 seconds of an active cloak so you could get 6 seconds of invisibility, turn it off, and let that cell recharge.

shagg_187 said:
Stuttering as in framerate drop or stuttering as in lag?

Install fraps and see how bad the framerate change is. Reduce the quality to medium or low if necessary and disable some of the fancy tech.

I had to reduce some of the settings to get 30-60fps. With high setting I was getting 15-50fps and the drop in fps from 50 to 15 was fairly noticable and annoying so I stuck with 30-60fps.

I just used Fraps benchmark. Max framerate was 119 FPS, min framerate was 0 FPS, Average was 48 FPS.

Balehead

I'm pretty sure I need to go to offices 15-20 in the main building, but I can't find the damn place. 20's is the lowest offices I can find. Tips? It's the "Legal" section.

Yaska

About one china mission
just went all TF2 engineer when escaping from Alice pods. Hacked a sentry gun, carried it around and made it shoot all my enemies :D Was damn fun.

Nelo Ice

Banned
O.DOGG said:
Oh, that one.
Well, it's a bit clumsy but here's what I did. You can take out the guy in the front and the one patroling the kitchen area fairly easily. Then you can stun one of the guys in front of the TV and take down the other. Then as soon as you open the door to the bedroom (the code is found on a datapad in the same building, just not sure where - maybe the guard in front of the door has it?), the two gang members inside become alerted by the opening door. Just hide, and wait for them to return, and either stun one in the back or from cover by the door. Then either take the second guy out with a takedown or a second stun will do it. With luck none of them will really see you.

thanks was wondering how i was giong to get past em without being seen

Salsa

driver sweeper aftermath:

2c4e3b4f728a42a3d17f31acf215a71de569a7f7.jpg

d533dc9210f4b3b2fb06fc29a2ad5e0f463b0714.jpg

1e5acda23fb212d07d7a47a129924fcfdeaac661.jpg

derp :/

again, screenshot proof of this exact same spot not looking like this would greatly help to convince me that i should look into the issue. You can not notice it when you're playing, and its only on dynamic shadows (wich is not most), but its really really noticeable (screens speak for themselves) in certain spots so yeah, wanna see if this is not widespread.

edit: just saw loblaw's post.

Shit, this is really plagging PC ports lately, i really wonder why people dont notice it more. Unless the 3 of us have some kind of freak issue.

edit: at least i get to say: in your face stallion!

HP_Wuvcraft said:
For one, the hub is just too damn big for their loading times. It's not - for lack of a better word - optimized. I don't like going from one area to the next and having to wait for almost a total of twenty minutes in-between. And then going back and forth multiple times?

For two, I felt that the geography of the hub was multi-layered and full of alleys just because.

Huh? I only get a loading screen when travelling to a different district. Of which, as far as I know, there are three. And one is optional if your don't take the subway. Then there's going into major buildings. Load times haven't been an issue at all for me. But the PS3 version's mandatory install probably helped with that.

It's really not as big or confusing as it seems. I know it like the back of my hand after doing the first few missions and sidequests. It's just gorgeous and really fun to explore.

Yaska

I really think they should fix hacking. Quite hard to stay in stealth when you pop up everytime. Also, it's too much chancebased imo.

Nemesis_

Hey guys, where do I find Seurat?

I have a feeling for some reason that he has not actually been triggered to appear in my game at all?

Ken

Nemesis556 said:
Hey guys, where do I find Seurat?

I have a feeling for some reason that he has not actually been triggered to appear in my game at all?

He's
in an apartment building behind the gas station and around the basket ball court. There's a few buildings there but it's one of them. It's not the building with two MCB gang members telling you to go away. If you turn the corner and see an armed guard down the hall, he's guarding the room Seurat is in. The guard should show up as friendly.

Yaska said:
I really think they should fix hacking. Quite hard to stay in stealth when you pop up everytime.

I found that really annoying too. Have they not developed hacking tools that don't require me to stand up?

Qwomo

Welp. Just beat the game.

That was amazing. Probably one of my favorite endings to a video game ever. Jesus christ, could they have made it any more gray? I'm not used to choosing "the lesser of four evils" in games; so often it's "RED/EVIL" and "BLUE/GOOD". The ending cutscene was really quite wonderful. Jenson's eloquent soliloquy made me happy with my choice to destroy the station and all within. ;_;

What a refreshingly wonderful experience.

edit: 31 hours, too! I think I only missed one mission.

Qwomo said:
Welp. Just beat the game.

That was amazing. Probably one of my favorite endings to a video game ever. Jesus christ, could they have made it any more gray? I'm not used to choosing "the lesser of four evils" in games; so often it's "RED/EVIL" and "BLUE/GOOD". The ending cutscene was really quite wonderful. Jenson's eloquent soliloquy made me happy with my choice to destroy the station and all within. ;_;

What a refreshingly wonderful experience.

edit: 31 hours, too! I think I only missed one mission.

What really makes it more awesome is that you know (if you've played DX1, or even if you have not) that none of the choices matter.

Tacitus_

Yaska said:
I really think they should fix hacking. Quite hard to stay in stealth when you pop up everytime. Also, it's too much chancebased imo.

Chance based? Invest in the Hacking Stealth augs. I had 20 Nukes and Stop!s by the end of the game since I didn't need them most of the time and got one every few hacks.

Ferrio

Banned
Tacitus_ said:
Chance based? Invest in the Hacking Stealth augs. I had 20 Nukes and Stop!s by the end of the game since I didn't need them most of the time and got one every few hacks.

Think he means actual people spotting ya.

Yaska

Tacitus_ said:
I have full stealth augs. Every node I hack it activates trace, also I carry too much weps so dont' really have space for other stuff.

HP_Wuvcraft said:
What really makes it more awesome is that you know (if you've played DX1, or even if you have not) that none of the choices matter.

lol, this does make me wonder where do they go from here? Will they make a sequel to Human Revolution, Deus Ex or just leave it be now?

Tacitus_

Ferrio said:
Think he means actual people spotting ya.

Well I guess you could read it like that as well. But knocking out a guard or two and then hacking isn't exactly chance based either.

Yaska said:
I have full stealth augs. Every node I hack it activates trace, also I carry too much weps so dont' really have space for other stuff.

You probably have the worst luck in the world then. I hacked 5 devices in a row without setting off a single trace.

Discotheque said:
lol, this does make me wonder where do they go from here? Will they make a sequel to Human Revolution, Deus Ex or just leave it be now?

Yeah, I got no idea. The way DX3 is selling, they'd be stupid not to make DX4.

Yaska

Tacitus_ said:
Well I guess you could read it like that as well. But knocking out a guard or two and then hacking isn't exactly chance based either.

You probably have the worst luck in the world then. I hacked 5 devices in a row without setting off a single trace.
Yeah I have really terrible luck :D. tho I have gotten 2 hacks in beginning with node chances being 70% and no trace.

Ferrio

Banned
I haven't had issues with hacking at all. Even with node viewing/stealth modifiers I get through them fine. Occassionally I have to use a stop... and I had to use a nuke once. Seems like they made them easily doable without any augs.

onlyindreams said:
Thinking about picking this up today and can't decide between steam/console. Anyone running it in bootcamp on a 2011 17in Macbook Pro?
I am! Not done any framerate benchmarks but basically on standard shadows, everything else "on" it plays well at 1680x1050. Bit sluggish at 1920 native res. it downscales well, an you can't really tell it's not native res

Skirn

Is there a place to store stuff? I've been lugging around these pre-order bonuses that I never even use, but I don't want to sell them either.

Qwomo

Skirn said:
Is there a place to store stuff? I've been lugging around these pre-order bonuses that I never even use, but I don't want to sell them either.
Dropped items will never ever disappear.

Just drop em in a hub or your apartment.

I'm having a problem with FXAA. For some reason whenever I try to enable it the game goes to desktop with a message that says something along the lines of "your system specs are to low for these settings" it then force me to turn FXAA off before it'll restart the game.

Specs are:
Mac Pro
8-Core 2.8ghz
4GB RAM
GTX285 1GB
Win 7 64-bit
280 nvidia drivers

Did a search and can't find the problem anywhere else, any clues folks?

Skirn

Qwomo said:
Dropped items will never ever disappear.

Just drop em in a hub or your apartment.
Sweet! Back to hoarding stuff. My office will be full of useless trinkets, weapons and ammo by the end of the game, me thinks. :lol

Postie came today and still had no game, bank holiday Monday means it won't arrive then. I'm really fucking annoyed by this, I'm thinking it must be lost in the mail and that means it will be about 3 weeks before I can have my refund and get to play it.

Current Players Peak Today Game

45,728 62,079 Team Fortress 2
29,898 52,725 Counter-Strike
29,603 46,380 Deus Ex - Human Revolution
27,161 53,370 Counter-Strike: Source
14,881 27,559 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
13,297 19,157 Sid Meier's Civilization V
11,994 26,638 Football Manager 2011
10,815 18,997 Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer
6,400 11,040 Left 4 Dead 2
5,338 9,628 Terraria

Hot damn.

R1CHO

I am still in shock for the quality of this game... we are just lucky to have something like this seeing the videogame industry scenario of the last years.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Where is Jenny on Grand River road?

Also the game looks rad with FXAA on high and tesselation on.

markot

Banned
You know what annoys me?

That Chinese city would just become a huge sandwich press in an earthquake >_>

Love the game so far, although im not a fan of boss fights in 'fps' games in general, so even though its not technically a pure fps, those would be the most annoying parts for me.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
HP_Wuvcraft said:
Yeah, I got no idea. The way DX3 is selling, they'd be stupid not to make DX4.

Nah. Only thing to do is remake Deus Ex 1. After finishing Human Revolution, I trust these guys to do it justice.

This is my GOTY so far. So fucking awesome from beginning to end. Even the game's quirks are part of its charm. Those endings, those endings! Also, stay for after the credits for the direct lead into Deus Ex 1 and how the HR music leads right into tha Deus Ex theme song. Hell yeah.

Fuck Megan Reed. Bitch.

Mikeside

Discotheque said:

Seems like this is selling pretty damn well, so I can't imagine they'll leave it here

My hopes are that the next Deus Ex takes place about 5-10 years on from Deus Ex 1 so we've got a nice spread through the timeline of the world.

Top Bottom