• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Forkball

Ok I got it tonight thanks to Amazon's $35 sale. I finished the first mission and it's pretty awesome so far. The stealth is fluid and I just upgraded to the first cloak so now it's going to get even better. I'm trying to do a no-kill run, but I already messed that up after I was spotted. Luckily I just hid behind a pillar and shotgunned everyone to death as they passed by. Oh well, better them than me. Also the scene with
Zeke where you have to convince him to free to hostage
was pretty intense, I didn't know what he was going to do.

Although, where the hell were the hostages? I heard some guards talking about them being stashed in Assembly Room One but I never found it and I failed that part.

Also, any general tips or advice?

And this needs to be a reality.

Ken

Forkball said:
Although, where the hell were the hostages? I heard some guards talking about them being stashed in Assembly Room One but I never found it and I failed that part.

Also, any general tips or advice?

After one of the decontamination rooms you'll end up in a large room with a lot of desks and computers. It's a room similar to the one where you hear three guys talking over a dead civilian. The hostage room is directly ahead of you on the second floor above the elevator you have to use.

BigJiantRobut said:
It's sort of dumb that the *MASSIVE SPOILERS*
final villain basically doesn't even become a character until the third act, as well as the macguffin BIG SCARY PLACE BEING BUILT is also only revealed then too

Was
Hugh Darrow a Templar
? Because that's the only way his ending choice makes sense to me.

And while I can't agree on
Hugh
becoming a character until Act 3, I do agree that
Hyron
was horribly executed in a game that is all about foreshadowing.

Just wanted to say, after seven hours of gameplay I'm half way through Detroit Streets. The amount of detail in the small things- conversation between coworkers, epads of the news- it's unbelievable. The dialog was actually interesting to listen to in an open world environment, which is amazing.

It's the best stealth game since MGS3 for me. :D

Salsa

BigJiantRobut said:
0c65fcb2fa6ac7081425bd52ac24b8118988a0bd.jpg

Could anyone else running the game on full settings go to this location and take a screenshot? This only seems to happen with a few very specific dynamic shadows but it's driving me up the wall

quoting this. If anyone has a detroit save we'd really appreciate a screenshot of that spot to see if the shadow issue is there :/

afternoon delight said:
Just wanted to say, after seven hours of gameplay I'm half way through Detroit Streets. The amount of detail in the small things- conversation between coworkers, epads of the news- it's unbelievable. The dialog was actually interesting to listen to in an open world environment, which is amazing.

It's the best stealth game since MGS3 for me. :D
Yep. This is what I expected from MGS4. It was a fun game but the open-endedness Kojipro promised was only present in the first act.

Im starting my hardest difficulty, no kill, no alarm. all datapad playthrough.

I am not looking forward to reloading even more than i did the first time on normal when i just killed people.

Is loading something that can be improved on console? probably not huh?

Gamer @ Heart said:
Im starting my hardest difficulty, no kill, no alarm. all datapad playthrough.

I am not looking forward to reloading even more than i did the first time on normal when i just killed people.

Is loading something that can be improved on console? probably not huh?
It can be improved. Don't know if there was a patch or not for console. PC version had a patch which reduced it to 5-10 seconds.

Critical Q: does this have the deus ex theme???

You sure you want an answer to that? ;)

Jtrizzy

RedSwirl said:
Is this just more or is this not a very well-optimized game overall?

Yes. I'm running it on a brand new 580/2600k setup and have all kinds of stuttering issues. Having to turn off all the DX11 graphic options I just spent a ton of money to play with is pretty annoying too. Game is still fun, and it's not all that impressive graphically so turning it down to DX10 isn't a huge deal.

I've tried lots of different settings, and I still get stuttering. With DX11 I couldn't even play it. I might go through and try each one by one in the control panel and in game like the poster above suggested.

Nelo Ice

Banned
this game is so damn fun playing on pc right now and im already 9 hours in but havent even done the 2nd story mission yet.

been exploring the detroit streets and doing side missions
also screw cloak and daggers that missions been a pain in the ass so far though i guess i wasted my time going through
the gang area
without being detected since apparently theres a main story mission there.

also for anyone thats done it stealth how the hell do u complete the rest of cloak and daggers objectives!?
currently stuck on how im going to get past o'malleys secured door and how to neutralize the witness while getting to him without alerting or killing any of the guards outside

Foxix Von

Cryptozoologist said:
I think I encountered a bug on the side mission "Cloak and Dagger".

One of the mission requirements is to neutralize all the MCB members. Unfortunately I go to the MCB room in the apartment and knock everyone out, but then there is supposedly one more guy I guess, who is either invisible or in a room above the MCB hideout room, because the quest arrow is pointing 10 meters directly above that room.

I have absolutely no idea how to get up there. And one time I was in the room and he was supposedly "alerted" by my presence.

Is this a bug or is there actually a way to get up onto the 5th floor or whatever?

UGH I JUST encountered this.

I already wasted an absolute shit ton of time doing the rest of that quest and infiltrating the other areas of that quest... I hope I have a save from before I went in there and didn't write over everything...

O.DOGG

Nelo Ice said:
this game is so damn fun playing on pc right now and im already 9 hours in but havent even done the 2nd story mission yet.

been exploring the detroit streets and doing side missions
also screw cloak and daggers that missions been a pain in the ass so far though i guess i wasted my time going through
the gang area
without being detected since apparently theres a main story mission there.

also for anyone thats done it stealth how the hell do u complete the rest of cloak and daggers objectives!?
currently stuck on how im going to get past o'malleys secured door and how to get through the other gangs area without being detected or killing any of them

There's a datapad with the password for the door in the apartment, you need to look for it more carefully. As for the stealth run, you can sneak around the gang members with no problems. Just be careful, it wasn't too difficult.

Im nervous about having to balance my hack augments and my stealth ones. I hate missing stuff, but i cant afford to get lvl 5 hacking so early in the game again at the expense of everything else.

I hacked every computer in existence , which definetly hurt the flow of the game, but i couldnt help it!

Wanace

Foxix said:
Whew... looks like I was lucky and still had some previous saves...

Oh well there goes three hours of gaming down the drain.
LLShC.gif
I fixed it by going into the LIMB facility and coming back out. when I went back to the MCB base the guy was standing in the apartment.

KorrZ

Just finished up in
Montreal, the Picus facility I think it's my absolute favourite area in the game so far. The quiet beginning where you just to get look around at all the computers wondering where everyone went is awesome. It was just a great level to stealth through too, so many walls to smash open and alternate paths, so many emails and security terminals. I died about 5 times on the 2nd boss fight. Finally beat her by getting her to step on an EMP mine and then throwing 4 Remote Explosive packs on the floor and backing up quickly to detonate them as she ran at me

Gamer @ Heart said:
Im nervous about having to balance my hack augments and my stealth ones. I hate missing stuff, but i cant afford to get lvl 5 hacking so early in the game again at the expense of everything else.

There are very few level 5 terminals, and level 4 terminals aren't very prominent early on. If you get to level 3 hacking right away and carry a few A.U.D's for the occasional level 4/5 you'll still be able to get everywhere without neglecting your stealth.

KorrZ said:
There are very few level 5 terminals, and level 4 terminals aren't very prominent early on. If you get to level 3 hacking right away and carry a few A.U.D's for the occasional level 4/5 you'll still be able to get everywhere without neglecting your stealth.

L3 Hacking is very important if you want to break into
Walton Simmons' office
in the Act 1 finale.

Nelo Ice

Banned
O.DOGG said:
There's a datapad with the password for the door in the apartment, you need to look for it more carefully. As for the stealth run, you can sneak around the gang members with no problems. Just be careful, it wasn't too difficult.

wait u mean the MCBs hideout? cuz thats one im having trouble with the one on derelict row was a breeze

Trouble

Banned
shagg_187 said:
My favorite Jensen punch is the shoulder tap, Sucker punch!

Edit: Forkball, did you waste time? They might be dead lol.
The double takedown where you get one guy to knock the other guy out. Makes me smile every time.

KorrZ

HP_Wuvcraft said:
L3 Hacking is very important if you want to break into
Walton Simmons' office
in the Act 1 finale.

Yeah that's why I said if you get at least level 3 early on then you're pretty set for awhile.

Foxix Von

Cryptozoologist said:
I fixed it by going into the LIMB facility and coming back out. when I went back to the MCB base the guy was standing in the apartment.

Aaaaaaaaaand.... Didn't work.

Thanks though.

O.DOGG

Nelo Ice said:
wait u mean the MCBs hideout? cuz thats one im having trouble with the one on derelict row was a breeze

Oh, that one.
Well, it's a bit clumsy but here's what I did. You can take out the guy in the front and the one patroling the kitchen area fairly easily. Then you can stun one of the guys in front of the TV and take down the other. Then as soon as you open the door to the bedroom (the code is found on a datapad in the same building, just not sure where - maybe the guard in front of the door has it?), the two gang members inside become alerted by the opening door. Just hide, and wait for them to return, and either stun one in the back or from cover by the door. Then either take the second guy out with a takedown or a second stun will do it. With luck none of them will really see you.

Is anyone else getting really terrible stuttering in this game? PC gaming is so confusing for me. I can't figure out if something is wrong with my computer, or if the software is at fault. I also notice a lot of stuttering in other games like Mirror's Edge and Bulletstorm, but it's really atrocious here. It gets especially nasty when I leave Sarif Industries and start exploring the streets of Detroit. Maybe my hard drive is damaged, since it seems that the game is streaming textures when the stuttering happens. I don't know. ._.

Burger

Is there a way to swap Cover with Iron Sights on the 360? Clicking the right stick in combat situations is awkward at best...

syoaran

HP_Wuvcraft said:
If by incredible you mean horribly designed, then sure.

What? No... They nailed the reason why HK in the first game worked so well, it was a sprawling connection of levels that had a ton of hidden paths, npc's and locations, while looking natural.

Major spoilerrish bugs in the game (I'm serious, don't highlight until you at least 80% into the game):

Well I've decided to just rush this playthough now, as two of the sidequests bugged (cloak and daggers MCB guys stuck in the wall + warrior priest not giving the credit) and I could not save Malik no matter how hard I tried in my hard/non-lethal capacity. What was even more frustrating is that when I find her in the Harvester base (where the waypoints are all screwed up), Jensen says or does nothing.

ColonelColon said:
Is anyone else getting really terrible stuttering in this game? PC gaming is so confusing for me. I can't figure out if something is wrong with my computer, or if the software is at fault. I also notice a lot of stuttering in other games like Mirror's Edge and Bulletstorm, but it's really atrocious here. It gets especially nasty when I leave Sarif Industries and start exploring the streets of Detroit. Maybe my hard drive is damaged, since it seems that the game is streaming textures when the stuttering happens. I don't know. ._.
Stuttering as in framerate drop or stuttering as in lag?

Install fraps and see how bad the framerate change is. Reduce the quality to medium or low if necessary and disable some of the fancy tech.

I had to reduce some of the settings to get 30-60fps. With high setting I was getting 15-50fps and the drop in fps from 50 to 15 was fairly noticable and annoying so I stuck with 30-60fps.

L00P

I'm playing on my second play-through now. I missed out on the cool augs like typhoon and wall breaker. I might also put points in the stealth enhancer.

watershed

Banned
Hengsha is a pretty good rendition of a modern, high density Asian city. The vertical nature of the city, the breaking up of districts, the sleeping quarters, the dirtiness, its all pretty convincing. It can also be confusing at times but if you think Hengsha is confusing in this game go to Hong Kong in real life and discover the real meaning of urban confusion.

hamchan

artwalknoon said:
Hengsha is a pretty good rendition of a modern, high density Asian city. The vertical nature of the city, the breaking up of districts, the sleeping quarters, the dirtiness, its all pretty convincing. It can also be confusing at times but if you think Hengsha is confusing in this game go to Hong Kong in real life and discover the real meaning of urban confusion.
Yep, I thought it was pretty fantastic. Also for those that get lost the map is like one button push away, so I don't know how some people are getting lost.

snack

artwalknoon said:
The insane humidity already does it for me.

KorrZ

If you're the kind of person who loves to explore every nook and cranny in this game, leaving Detroit where it's easy to get your bearings and walking out into Hengsha for the first time just seems so immediately overwhelming. There's so many levels and secret paths. It doesn't help that the areas with rows of shops all look similar.

MrCookiepants said:

Fjordson said:
It's bad? I'm about to head there =(

For one, the hub is just too damn big for their loading times. It's not - for lack of a better word - optimized. I don't like going from one area to the next and having to wait for almost a total of twenty minutes in-between. And then going back and forth multiple times?

For two, I felt that the geography of the hub was multi-layered and full of alleys just because.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Is it worth getting that fast recharge Augment? I mean, does it restore all the cells or just one? I wanna be sure before I invest in it.

O.DOGG

Meisadragon said:
Is it worth getting that fast recharge Augment? I mean, does it restore all the cells or just one? I wanna be sure before I invest in it.

It only restores one. With that said, I found it to be useful. With the upgrade I didn't have to wait that long between takedowns.

Top Bottom