• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Kintaro said:
Nah. Only thing to do is remake Deus Ex 1.

No!

2iazjuv.png

Now the only thing to do is:

A) another prequel, detailing the rise of biometric augmentations and UNATCO

or

B) man up and make a proper sequel to Deus Ex, pretend Invisible War never existed like the fans do

either way they can't include Adam Jensen again.

You never asked for this but your goatee and shades will live on forever.

edit: knowing the games industry today none of these options will apply and Adam Jensen will be in Deus Ex 6: Modern augmentation. Oh God I hope Eidos Montreal has the courage to walk away from money.

markot

Banned
Next Dues Ex game will be set in the year 3454, time travel is possible, and you have to go back, and stop Dues Ex 2 from ever being made.

Remake of the original would be nice imo >.<

Oh wow I just had a holly shit moment that was epic.

I wont detail the quest but I was in some guys appartment screwing around with the tv, taps etc.... then Im reading through his emails and the guy comes in outta no where going "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!" then kills me in one hit from a shotgun before I can react lol

Really didnt expect that and it blew me away.

Why remake the original, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Give me one good reason Eidos should waste money and time for remaking a timeless classic knowing no matter how good their remake will be it will FAIL or doing a game everybody wants to play after DX: HR.

Deus Ex 3, that happens after Deus Ex 1.

markot

Banned
Oh come on, the engine doesnt hold up at all. Its like Oot, its great, but the engine is kinda awful and so was the framerate. And lots of people havent experienced the first one >.<!

so anti-remake, if it happens I will be disappointed.

People can watch a youtube video if they want story details, or have a quick summary at the start of the next game.

Engine looks fine with mods now.

markot said:
Oh come on, the engine doesnt hold up at all. Its like Oot, its great, but the engine is kinda awful and so was the framerate. And lots of people havent experienced the first one >.<!

No, just no.

Stop with the "remakes" craze, developers! Make new games!!!

Discotheque said:
Oh God I hope Eidos Montreal has the courage to walk away from money.

Dude, thank to Eidos S-E has any Western presence (since their other handheld/console jRPG blow hard). You can be sure order for the next game will come directly from Tokyo.

Whatever happens in the future with this franchise we will always have DX1 memories, IW fiasco and hurt and of course DX:HR hype, doubt, anticipation, insecurity and a huge relief and even surprise that it's sooo good.

+ a great THI4F game I suppose :)

HR was well worth the 11 year wait and pain.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Pretty hard to make a sequel to Deus Ex since it has 3 completely contradictory endings.

I mean they could go the batshit crazy route of Invisible War and make all 3 sort of happen but that was pretty dumb.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Discotheque said:
Now the only thing to do is:

A) another prequel, detailing the rise of biometric augmentations and UNATCO

or

B) man up and make a proper sequel to Deus Ex, pretend Invisible War never existed like the fans do

Well, then put the series to rest. Deus Ex 1 never needed a sequel to begin with. So, retconning IW is goofy. So, either remake the original or just be done with it.

Sinatar said:
Pretty hard to make a sequel to Deus Ex since it has 3 completely contradictory endings.

I mean they could go the batshit crazy route of Invisible War and make all 3 sort of happen but that was pretty dumb.

Pretty simple really:

- grow a pair of balls and pick one ending as the canon one
- make some shitty Facebook poll for people to chose one

Big point is DX seems like a 'hot' thing now (and with the future GOTY awards).

Eidos cannot allow to waste this kind of opportunity.

Vlodril

Ok how the hell do you get in the earl court building? I am trying to do cloak and dagger and i can't find the entrance for the life me.. i have gone around and around a dozen times. (i am sure its something obvious since no one else is having this problem).

Nelo Ice

Banned
speaking of the original game is it still worth playing? got it on sale for awhile back and with the new vision mod im definitely thinking about playing it once im done with human revolution

Yeah I'm looking forward to Thief 4 quite a bit now, it's jumped near the top of my most anticipated list.

Eidos Montreal: picking up the pieces Ion Storm left behind

edit: in regards to a deus ex sequel they should just stick with one ending being the gospel. ideally, putting this series to rest would be the best decision. but it's not gonna happen.

Enco

Nelo Ice said:
speaking of the original game is it still worth playing? got it on sale for awhile back and with the new vision mod im definitely thinking about playing it once im done with human revolution
If you can get past the dumb AI and the horribly dated graphics and mechanics then sure! Seriously though, it might be tough. Even with graphics mods.

Ken

Discotheque said:
Yeah I'm looking forward to Thief 4 quite a bit now, it's jumped near the top of my most anticipated list.

Eidos Montreal: picking up the pieces Ion Storm left behind

edit: in regards to a deus ex sequel they should just stick with one ending being the gospel. ideally, putting this series to rest would be the best decision. but it's not gonna happen.
Multiple endings spoilers

Hopefully a sequel
doesn't follow the Darrow or Panchea endings. I'd like to see Adam Jenson in another game. ]:

Nelo Ice

Banned
Enco said:
If you can get past the dumb AI and the horribly dated graphics and mechanics then sure! Seriously though, it might be tough. Even with graphics mods.

bleh figured as much though ive already bothered to install new vision though
i should probably at least try it past the tutorial which ive never bother to finish lol

kitzkozan

Castor Krieg said:
Dude, thank to Eidos S-E has any Western presence (since their other handheld/console jRPG blow hard). You can be sure order for the next game will come directly from Tokyo.

S-E is pure ass, so of course they need Eidos in the west. This is the first game I will buy with the S-E logo a long time.

Sinatar

Nelo Ice said:
bleh figured as much though ive already bothered to install new vision though
i should probably at least try it past the tutorial which ive never bother to finish lol

Play through the opening stage in the Statue of Liberty. I guarantee you'll be hooked by the time you head to UNATCO HQ.

Card Boy

Banned
Fucken Steam wiped 5 hours off from my playtime, fix this shit Gabe.

Anyway really loving the game so far, I'm up to China right after the first boss. I'm taking my sweat ass time with this game exploring every crook and cranny.

Things that bug me alittle when compared to Deus Ex 1

* No lock picking (and yet there is lockpicking in 2052)
* Besides blowing them up, you can't smash open boxes
* Can't directly hack turrets (besides hacking a computer)
* I know Adam has those blade Augs, but why can't i smash boxes and shit with them?
* No melee weapons (Swords, knifes, batons, crowbars, Dragon Tooth Sword) besides Adams 'contextual' augs
* Can't blow open doors , storage and safes (alot of doors and storage in DX1 can be blown open instead of picklocked)

Having said that i still feel this is a 9 to 10 out of 10 game. I really love the way like DX1 there is more than one way of approaching something.

Sinatar

Gez said:

Anyway really loving the game so far, I'm up to China right after the first boss. I'm taking my sweat ass time with this game exploring every crook and cranny.

* I know Adam has those blade Augs, but why can't i smash boxes and shit with them?
* No melee weapons (Swords, knifes, batons, crowbars, Dragon Tooth Sword) besides Adams 'contextual' augs
* Can't blow open doors , storage and safes (alot of doors and storage in DX1 can be blown open instead of picklocked)

Having said that i still feel this is a 9 to 10 out of 10 game. I really love the way like DX1 there is more than one way of approaching something.

Don't forget the lack of electronic bypassing via multitools and locational limb damage.

Herla

Am I the only one thinking this game has the best and most dynamic conversation system ever created? The dialogue with the police station guy was fantastic and incredibly natural.
I tried to load my save different times to see how different it can get and it's really impressive.

Also I love that, for once, the "persuasion" system is not an instant "win-button" but requires a little bit of intuition.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
TheVampire said:
Oh wow I just had a holly shit moment that was epic.

I wont detail the quest but I was in some guys appartment screwing around with the tv, taps etc.... then Im reading through his emails and the guy comes in outta no where going "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!" then kills me in one hit from a shotgun before I can react lol

Really didnt expect that and it blew me away.
Haha, I
quickly sneaked into the bathroom, and the guy never looked in there, but kept on screaming, and after he was sure he was alone, he watched tv - yeah, that was a great moment for me, too. Totally unexpected and movie-like.

Card Boy

Banned
Sinatar said:
Don't forget the lack of electronic bypassing via multitools and locational limb damage.

I know, but i don't mind the regenerating health. Besides you die faster in this game, than in Deus Ex 1.

I don't mind crap like Ballistic armour, Therma and hazamats suits being gone because those are still in the game as Aug upgrades (lungs, skin and torso upgrades)

Tacitus_

Gez said:

You can definitely blow up doors that don't have an infinite strength. For example, I blew up a door with two grenades since I didn't have level 5 hacking at that point in Detroit.

Dennis

Banned
I concur.

IW should be erased from human memory.

So after Human Revolution becomes a great success, work can begin on a sequel to Deus Ex.

hamchan

Herla said:
Am I the only one thinking this game has the best and most dynamic conversation system ever created? The dialogue with the police station guy was fantastic and incredibly natural.
I tried to load my save different times to see how different it can get and it's really impressive.

Also I love that, for once, the "persuasion" system is not an instant "win-button" but requires a little bit of intuition.

Agreed, the conversations flow really nicely in the game and I love trying to figure out how to persuade a person.

Unknown Soldier said:
FXAA requires GTX 400/500 series, I believe.
No, I'm using high FXAA on a 275, so that can't be it.
Gez said:

Well, there's nothing in the boxes, so you don't really need to smash them. And you can throw them into a wall to destroy them.

I think you can blow open doors actually. At least you could in the preview with the "DLC explosives", maybe the rocket launcher would do the trick if you tried grenades already.

SLV

Well i just finished it, probably took me about 40-45 hours if not more, saw all the endings, and after the credits aswell, a question does the cutscene if you call it that changes after the credits depending on what choice you make ?

In spite of all the technical flaws that this game has, all the jittering or crashing atleast in my case, i can say that this has been the defining game of this generation for me. The story and the narrative are simply superb, and i dont even know what else there is to add. One of the best games, and i doubt anything will be able to top this for me in a long while. Feels like the early 2000 or late 90's in terms of amazement, trully no recent game has given me so much fun and excitement. /rant off

Gez said:

I would add:

* Augs aren't either/or and upgrade points are abundant, so there aren't any hard choices to make.
* No locational damage/injuries on the player.
* No ammo types. I could have sworn they said they would have them, too.
* Poor Jensen can't do anything without his augmented abilities. Hack a computer? No. Open a locked door? No. Punch a guy in the face? No. He must have been a pretty useless cop.
* No items like ballistic armor, tools to bypass hacks (though I think one of the DLC bonuses has these), thermoptic camo, or hazmat mask. The one and only way to do anything in the game is with augs.

I'd give it an 8. It's a good game but the truth is it's an evolution of the principles that conceived Invisible War, presented in a way that isn't as offensive.

Anilusion

Just started playing this, and after the cutscene after the opening mission, the game crashes with an error of "Wrong DRM version data". What the hell is this?

Raydeen

Gez said:

That's progress. So much for better CPU's and graphics cards giving more intelligent gaming. This is why I don't give a flying fuck (and Activision and co can stamp their feet all they like) about Xbox 720 and PS4 - what's the point if we're going to get prettier visuals and dumber games?

Wanace

Superimposer said:
I cannot stop playing this now. The game reaches another level when you get to Hengshua.
I like listening to them speak Chinese, I'm brushing up on my insults now, they didn't teach me that at school.

Card Boy

Banned
Danne-Danger said:
Well, there's nothing in the boxes, so you don't really need to smash them. And you can throw them into a wall to destroy them.

Thats another point, the boxes dont have anything in them, in DX1 they do.

Top Bottom