• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

wutwutwut

revolverjgw said:
You need to max out stealth-hacking to lessen detection rates. Don't bother with Fortify or Analyze, you don't need them. With max stealth and careful use of worms and stop viruses, you should be able to hack anything easily and have dozens of viruses left over at the end.
Stop dissing fortify, it's invaluable in the larger puzzles. Bumping the entry node's rating from 5 to 8 is so worth it.

Ferrio

Banned
revolverjgw said:
You need to max out stealth-hacking to lessen detection rates. Don't bother with Fortify or Analyze, you don't need them. With max stealth and careful use of worms and stop viruses, you should be able to hack anything easily and have dozens of viruses left over at the end.

You can hack everything easily without stealth hacking. I think stealth hacking is kinda worthless.. it doesn't elminate detection rates... so why bother?

just played the first 2 hours.

you guys where not kidding when you talked about the CG.

looks like late 90s or early 00s stuff.. definitively pre Final Fantasy 10 quality. the compression doesn't help ether.

game seems fun so far. controls are a little weird but Ill get use to it.

Also got a free copy of Blade runner with my copy as some kind of combo deal the shop was doing..... I hear that movie is ok.

wutwutwut said:
Stop dissing fortify, it's invaluable in the larger puzzles. Bumping the entry node's rating from 5 to 8 is so worth it.
Maybe if you're playing with a pad. I've never even seen a trace reach the entry node. And If you have stealth you don't want to go around fortifying nodes with the added risk of triggering the trace.

wutwutwut said:

Well I personally never needed it, and never ran into any network that presented any trouble whatsoever. Whenever I saw a level 5+ node, I just nuked it. So I think it's a waste to put any points into that.

I guess if you don't bother going for every bonus node, maybe it's useful. But I went for every bonus and had so many nukes and stops, it was all I needed

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Ferrio said:
You can hack everything easily without stealth hacking. I think stealth hacking is kinda worthless.. it doesn't elminate detection rates... so why bother?
Wait, umm, I think it does. After I invested in stealth hacking my detections rates plummeted. I was getting 15% for 3s. Unless I'm mistaken.

Zeliard

I hack all the time but haven't gotten any hacking augs outside of the level upgrade ones and turret/robot control. If you're hacking a lot then you're constantly picking up extra nukes and worms due to the bonuses. Then just use those if you're on the verge of being detected on a tougher system. It hasn't been an issue for me yet and I haven't touched stealth hacking, fortify, and so on. Takes a decent bit of mouse control though so I have no idea how gamepad users manage.

Ferrio

Banned
BobsRevenge said:
Wait, umm, I think it does. After I invested in stealth hacking my detections rates plummeted. I was getting 15% for 3s. Unless I'm mistaken.

Right, but you still can be detected... SO with bad luck those points were useless.

Qwomo said:
Yeah I never once needed to fortify anything ever.

I fort all the time. Soon as detected, fort any node while i'm capturing.

BobsRevenge said:
15% is as low as it'll go, 1s, 2s, 3s, etc. (?) will be at 15%.
Zeliard said:
I hack all the time but haven't gotten any hacking augs outside of the level upgrade ones and turret/robot control. If you're hacking a lot then you're constantly picking up extra nukes and worms due to the bonuses. Then just use those if you're on the verge of being detected on a tougher system. It hasn't been an issue for me yet and I haven't touched stealth hacking, fortify, and so on. Takes a decent bit of mouse control though so I have no idea how gamepad users manage.
That's very true. At this point (with max stealth) I have to purposefully waste stops and nukes just to save inventory space.

Derrick01

Banned
Ferrio said:

It greatly reduces your detection chance which allows you to go after more bonus cubes. They don't give much alone but there's a TON of things that need hacking in this game, and the extra money or xp adds up. It's part of the reason why I had so many augs by the end.

Qwomo said:
Yeah I never once needed to fortify anything ever

Same. With stealth hacking and my realization that I could hack several nodes at once if the paths branched I never needed to fortify.

Ferrio

Banned
Derrick01 said:
It greatly reduces your detection chance which allows you to go after more bonus cubes. They don't give much alone but there's a TON of things that need hacking in this game, and the extra money or xp adds up. It's part of the reason why I had so many augs by the end.

I get all the bonuses too....

Qwomo

Ferrio said:
Right, but you still can be detected... SO with bad luck those points were useless.
Nah, Stealth Hacking is one of the most valuable trees. It's probability, not luck. It's a short, low-point tree that ultimately lets you breeze through a lot of the harder hacks.

Ferrio

Banned
Qwomo said:
Nah, Stealth Hacking is one of the most valuable trees. It's probability, not luck. It's a short, low-point tree that ultimately lets you breeze through a lot of the harder hacks.

Exactly, it makes hacking not fun anymore..

JohngPR

Solo said:
Hengsha takes some very heavy inspiration from Hong Kong in the original DX. Me likes. It has that same feel of being grimey, overpopulated, lived-in and labyrinthe. Very nice!

Did you catch a
random radio playing a part of The Synapse (Hong Kong music in DX1) while in the Alice Pods place?
Pretty cool touch.

I'm actually glad that I played the first game. There are a ton of Easter eggs I would have missed otherwise.

Salsa

3E83EB51C23935BC0EF9F83AAD83E81AC048DEA9

rofl

metalshade

Messi said:
i picked the long rifle going into the start mission and i feel like i fucked up :(
Which one, the nonlethal?
If thats the case, its a great weapon, I havent removed it from my inventory for over 12 hours, and it still serves me well.

Chavelo

Just got done with my first playthrough.

What a great game. It did have a few faults... But I really can't think of any FPS game out there since Half-Life 2 that made me want to go back and sit down for hours and hours. Really enjoyed it, and will go back to do the hard difficulty once I'm done with The Witcher 2.

Remember to save after the final boss to see all the endings... and don't skip the credits!

SalsaShark said:
yeah, tranq rifle is the shit. Over 20 hours and ive only used that and a silenced/laser sight pistol

/brofist

Only used rocket launcher and laser rifle on the bosses. WOOP WOOP, SWAGGGGG

Um, you might want to edit something there, guy down there.
\/\/\/

BobsRevenge

Glass Rebel said:
Non-lethal ninja is the only way to play this game. Real talk.
Bro, seriously, you haven't played Deus Ex: Human Revolution until you start murdering dudes at the slightest provocation. The non-lethal ninja playthrough is for pussies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I hardly ever use guns in the game. When I do, I just use my tarted out 10mm. Silencer, magazine upgrade, damage upgrade, laser.

At this point, it does one shot headshots even on guys wearing helmets.

BobsRevenge said:
Dude, seriously, you haven't played Deus Ex: Human Revolution until you start murdering dudes at the slightest provocation. The non-lethal ninja playthrough is for women and closet-transgenders.
Using guns is lame. I take down everyone. But I don't kill them. I knock them out, and hide them in air vents. That way, their snooze goes uninterrupted.

Half the Detroit police force is still having a nice relaxing nap in the air vents of the precinct, even after 15 hours.

Salsa

BobsRevenge said:
Dude, seriously, you haven't played Deus Ex: Human Revolution until you start murdering dudes at the slightest provocation. The non-lethal ninja playthrough is for women and closet-transgenders.

Mix of both is the best.

At first the game doesnt really give you an incentive to kill anyone since youre not dealing with "evil" guys, but for example i just got to
picus
and shit got real. Now im busting heads and throwing grenades everywhere.

thetrin said:
Using guns is lame. I take down everyone. But I don't kill them. I knock them out, and hide them in air vents.

See, i did what with guys who were just there or were security guards or something, but now im fighting scumbags. No mercy.

EE2602FF2C26713785B6647B220839DE751A12CD

901CD95E23C7C2F5DC1D8DCD7FD5AF229BA9C01C

Messi

BobsRevenge said:
Bro, seriously, you haven't played Deus Ex: Human Revolution until you start murdering dudes at the slightest provocation. The non-lethal ninja playthrough is for women and closet-transgenders.

hey now...

Can anyone help me then? question about the mission before the first boss

I find 2 janitor dudes talking about a vent full of stuff
, i cant find it anywhere, anyone has any idea?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
SalsaShark said:
yeah, tranq rifle is the shit. Over 20 hours and ive only used that and a silenced/laser sight pistol
Same here. Silenced, armor piercing pistol with the laser sight and some upgrades is more than enough for any of the combat situations that I get into.

BobsRevenge said:
Bro, seriously, you haven't played Deus Ex: Human Revolution until you start murdering dudes at the slightest provocation. The non-lethal ninja playthrough is for women and closet-transgenders.

Whatever mang, I'd rather stay in the shadows and let those assfuckers live their miserable lives as cripples. They don't even know what hit them. Using guns is for bros who have to overcompensate for their small penii.

thetrin said:
Using guns is lame. I take down everyone. But I don't kill them. I knock them out, and hide them in air vents. That way, their snooze goes uninterrupted.

Half the Detroit police force is still having a nice relaxing nap in the air vents of the precinct, even after 15 hours.

internethighfive.jpg

BobsRevenge

Messi said:
hey now...
sorry, you're right. :\

I'm liberal and progressive as fuck. That's the wine talking.

DAMN YOU IRENE! COME AT ME CUNT! I'M READY!!!

I have nothing to do. :(

I can only remember two specific moments, but it's really cool when you go through an entire area without being seen and after you're finished, you might hear the police or someone else talking about how when they got there, all the bad guys seemed really scared by something.

And it's also quite unsettling if you shoot up the
police station
and the newspaper includes
a composite sketch of Jensen's face.

Qwomo

Oh, I almost forgot:

Was there any way to save Windmill? I remember meticulously going through and incapacitating every single guard in that pod hotel so he'd be able to escape, but the game didn't address that at all. Did I miss some guards, or do you just never see/hear of Windmill again after that?

Ken

Qwomo said:
Oh, I almost forgot:

Was there any way to save Windmill? I remember meticulously going through and incapacitating every single guard in that pod hotel so he'd be able to escape, but the game didn't address that at all. Did I miss some guards, or do you just never see/hear of Windmill again after that?

I saved him and heard from him again later in the game, but only once. I gave him a weapon to defend himself but I'm not sure if that is what keeps him alive or not since he just went back to his pod with with my upgraded combat rifle. >:[

Edit: Since it seems you beat the game going by one of your posts on the last page: Windmill contacted me during an elevator ride in the Tai Yong Medical building. He tells you he's looking at your bank account, disappointed by how much Sarif pays you, and gives you 2000 credits. I never heard from him again afterwards.

Qwomo said:
Oh, I almost forgot:

You hear from him again during the Tai Yong Medical thing. I don't know if you have to give him a weapon or not. He gave me 2000 credits.

RedSwirl

I still have a couple unanswered questions: Had anyone else run this game on an HD6850 (or GTX 460)? And can anyone confirm if you get fewer experience points on hard mode? I seem to have trouble getting new Praxis points.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Pfff the proper way to play is to use non lethal takedowns on everyone for maximum experience but then to put a silenced 10mm round in their brainpan while they nap. That way they don't get woken up and you leave a happy present for any other guards to find.

Qwomo

Ken said:
I saved him and heard from him again later in the game, but only once. I gave him a weapon to defend himself but I'm not sure if that is what keeps him alive or not since he just went back to his pod with with my upgraded combat rifle. >:[

Edit: Since it seems you beat the game going by one of your posts on the last page: Windmill contacted me during an elevator ride in the Tai Yong Medical building. He tells you he's looking at your bank account, disappointed by how much Sarif pays you, and gives you 2000 credits. I never heard from him again afterwards.
EmCeeGramr said:
You hear from him again during the Tai Yong Medical thing. I don't know if you have to give him a weapon or not. He gave me 2000 credits.
Agh, I guess you can only save him by giving him a gun then. I didn't have any guns on me at the time. Or ever. :/

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Blizzard said:
The only single game played more at the moment is FREE.
This bodes really well. Good PC sales, hopefully good console sales, and lots of positive word of mouth should really push this game to success. We need more games like this.

Dresden

The 'punch through walls' aug is more useful than I thought. Bonus items, unlocked passcodes for several doors, shortcuts, and cool animation.

schwall20

Banned
Anyone else think that the main character Adam's voice sounds just like Timothy Olyphant of the Hitman movie and also the Crazies, sounds just like him, realized just now!

x-Lundz-x

Ok, this side quest is driving me crazy. If anyone can please help.

Talion A.D. You start it at the LIMB clinic on your second visit to Hengsha. You find the hackers room in the back room of the butcher shop. You find the body, read the pocket secretary and it says you will find him in the sewers. I have check every single sewer in both districts and this guy is no where to be found. The only people I can find is a weapons dealer near the Harvester Hideout. I can't find any safe room or anything. Am I missing something obvious?

Please help! :)

blanky

I've been suffering way too many lockups. Would going from 275.33 nVidia driver to 280.26 solve anything? Or are both equally as faulty?

Top Bottom