• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Qwomo

x-Lundz-x said:
Ok, this side quest is driving me crazy. If anyone can please help.

Talion A.D. You start it at the LIMB clinic on your second visit to Hengsha. You find the hackers room in the back room of the butcher shop. You find the body, read the pocket secretary and it says you will find him in the sewers. I have check every single sewer in both districts and this guy is no where to be found. The only people I can find is a weapons dealer near the Harvester Hideout. I can't find any safe room or anything. Am I missing something obvious?

Please help! :)
That mission glitched for me too, it was the only side mission I didn't complete through the entire game.

He's in the sewers, just look around. You're missing one. For some reason it never updates with a marker or to acknowledge that you've read the Pocket Secretary, but I'm not sure that's a glitch.

Echoplx

blanky said:
I've been suffering way too many lockups. Would going from 275.33 nVidia driver to 280.26 solve anything? Or are both equally as faulty?

280.26 has been flawless for me, not a single lock up or crash. Using a GTX470.

Ken

x-Lundz-x said:

Talion A.D. You start it at the LIMB clinic on your second visit to Hengsha. You find the hackers room in the back room of the butcher shop. You find the body, read the pocket secretary and it says you will find him in the sewers. I have check every single sewer in both districts and this guy is no where to be found. The only people I can find is a weapons dealer near the Harvester Hideout. I can't find any safe room or anything. Am I missing something obvious?

I found him in the sewers without too much trouble. Not sure if it's glitched for other people or not so I guess try searching a little more?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
x-Lundz-x said:

Enter the sewers through the manhole in the lower area in front of the Alice Garden Pods. Same place where you complete the Corporate Warfare quest.

Echoplx

Qwomo said:
That mission glitched for me too, it was the only side mission I didn't complete through the entire game.

It's not a glitch, you're meant to not rely on a giant marker in this case.

He's in
the sewers near the pods hotel, there's an entrance down in the gap between the two walkways with bridges.

Qwomo

3chopl0x said:
It's not a glitch, you're meant to not rely on a giant marker in this case.

He's in
the sewers near the pods hotel, there's an entrance down in the gap between the two walkways with bridges.
I searched every inch of the sewers and found nothing.

Lingitiz

schwall20 said:
Anyone else think that the main character Adam's voice sounds just like Timothy Olyphant of the Hitman movie and also the Crazies, sounds just like him, realized just now!
Yeah I thought that too at first, had to double check to make sure it wasn't him.

Erebus

blanky said:
I've been suffering way too many lockups. Would going from 275.33 nVidia driver to 280.26 solve anything? Or are both equally as faulty?
Does it lockup during loading screens or gameplay?

knitoe

Time to replay on Hardest and complete the rest of the steam achievements. Plan to just use these guns, max sniper rifle (for bosses), silenced pistol to destroy mines, tranq rifle and stun gun. Should take a long time, but going to be fun.

blanky

DarkUSS said:
Does it lockup during loading screens or gameplay?

randomn gameplay, i could be doing nothing, i could jsut come out of loading. It's been super inconsistent. but never in loading

Qwomo said:
I searched every inch of the sewers and found nothing.
The sewers near the pods are not connected to the other ones, dude. I told you last night it wasn't glitched, and that you were meant to actually look around.

Erebus

blanky said:
randomn gameplay, i could be doing nothing, i could jsut come out of loading. It's been super inconsistent. but never in loading
Never had one of those then and I'm using 275.33 (GTX 460). It's always during the loading screens for me but it occurs rarely and usually after loading up a quick save.

Qwomo said:

Glitched for me as well (reading the pocket secretary didn't complete the 'read the pocket secretary' objective)

Echoplx

Holy crap, the game doesn't give you a giant marker to go to and suddenly it's a glitch? You can read the pocket secretary and look for yourself ffs.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Qwomo said:
Agh, I guess you can only save him by giving him a gun then. I didn't have any guns on me at the time. Or ever. :/
The game let me give him my 10mm pistol or my shotgun.

No way he was getting one of those...

I killed all of the guys who were sent to kill him, but I didn't get that $2k. Though, tbh, I don't miss it. By the end of the game I had everything I wanted.

3chopl0x said:
Holy crap, the game doesn't give you a giant marker to go to and suddenly it's a glitch? You can read the pocket secretary and look for yourself ffs.
To be fair, it is the only "Read the Pocket Secretary" objective in the game that doesn't update with a location of some kind to go to afterwards.

Still, god forbid none of the missions had radar waypoints. You'd all be fucked.

neoism

so guys real quick please I just started the games damn I'm in the title sreen now messing with the options and stuff. This is my first Deus EX game ever. Should i put it on the hardest difficulty. Is it really hard.

Qwomo

3chopl0x said:
The part they are in is separate from all other systems, and can only be accessed from this one manhole.
Well that's awfully annoying!

Game should've done a better job of communicating that information.

Messi

neoism said:
so guys real quick please I just started the games damn I'm in the title sreen now messing with the options and stuff. This is my first Deus EX game ever. Should i put it on the hardest difficulty. Is it really hard.

id advise against that.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
neoism said:
No. This game deliberately tries to earn its difficulty ratings. I would not want to play this game on a harder difficulty than medium.

knitoe

Qwomo said:

The manhole is in the same area as where you need to go with the Corporate Warfare sidequest.

Echoplx

Qwomo said:

The pocket secretary said they went into the sewers, it's a bit ridiculous to expect the game to automatically tell you exactly where to go based on this incredibly vague piece of information.

Ken

3chopl0x said:
The pocket secretary said they went into the sewers, it's a bit ridiculous to expect the game to automatically tell you exactly where to go based on this incredibly vague piece of information.

It wouldn't have hurt to say something like:
"I heard they went underground into the sewers beneath the Garden Pods."

Dresden said:
The 'punch through walls' aug is more useful than I thought. Bonus items, unlocked passcodes for several doors, shortcuts, and cool animation.

I got it later in the game but it definitely is helpful for some good shortcuts.

I only used it on one enemy though :(

x-Lundz-x

ExMachina said:
Enter the sewers through the manhole in the lower area in front of the Alice Garden Pods. Same place where you complete the Corporate Warfare quest.

Finally, found him. Thank you all for the help!

PaulLFC

Another crash... not sure how it was released in this state. I honestly can't remember the last time a game crashed on me, and HR has done so five times now - it only unlocked at midnight yesterday. Not impressed.

samoset

I was really loving this game up to the first boss battle. It's pretty messed up that the game allows and encourages you to play a stealthy character and punishes you for it in the boss battles by not allowing you to approach it in a stealthy manner. Putting you in a room with crates to fight a walking bullet sponge is not good game-play design in any manner. I don't even understand why they felt it necessary to create "boss battles" in any traditional sense they just feel so out of place here.

This thread should be a crash course on how the master race isn't always so. Seems the PC guys have had a lot of bug issues judging by it seems to almost be the majority of comments.

PaulLFC

3chopl0x said:
I've played 25 hours without a single bug or crash. Must be lucky?
I might just be unlucky I think, in the same amount of time my brother's only had one crash. It's mostly when I pause the game either to save or change some options, it usually freezes in the menu. This last time though I was in the middle of playing, and was just dragging a knocked out guard out of the way when the game crashed to desktop. No error messages so I can't even tell what the problem is.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Qwomo said:
Oh, I almost forgot:

Was there any way to save Windmill? I remember meticulously going through and incapacitating every single guard in that pod hotel so he'd be able to escape, but the game didn't address that at all. Did I miss some guards, or do you just never see/hear of Windmill again after that?

You mean that hacker? The one that asks you for a weapon?

Ya, he survived. He will give you 2k credits later in the game. At least that's what happened with me.

JambiBum

cMOnu.png

schwall20

Banned
Just wanted to say, Rest in Peace Big Rizzle....Yea RIP. That was hysterical Aw Jea and what not and other things and you know, shanty on da flaw and what not.

BobsRevenge said:
No. This game deliberately tries to earn its difficulty ratings. I would not want to play this game on a harder difficulty than medium.

Nah, just finished on Hard, didn't have any problems except bosses. The most important thing is to realize that the game makes you be stealthy, even when playing combat character. Kill them, but kill them one by one or all at once. Don't get into firefight, you will get wasted.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Just completed it. What a beautiful ride.
I especially liked Darrow's ending. Images in all of the endings were haunting, but the man walking through a field with a factory in the background and the bandaged woman with botched plastic surgery, all while Adam was talking about power and abuse ... pretty, well, powerful. And sad.

I have a couple complaints, but it still lived up to my expectations. I definitely prefer this to the first game, not quite sure how I'd rate amongst my other favorite RPGs, but it's up there. I look forward to going through it again already.

Top Bottom