• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Ken

zlatko said:
Thanks for the heads up on mines. :) Also, when I equip a weapon with something to upgrade it with, if I drop it, but then pick up the same type later on, will those new ones still have those upgrades?

I need inventory space and want to drop my 10MM, which there are 90000 of in the environment, but I had just upgraded this one with armor piercing rounds, so I am not sure if I want to drop it now if a new one later won't get the bonus.

Other pistols you pick up will be standard pistols with no upgrades.

There are multiple armor piercing round pickups in the world though. Also, dropped items never disappear so you could always come back for your upgraded pistol later.

vazel

Banned
Just finished my first playthrough at 30 hrs. I'm already planning two more replays. Another playthrough with stealth now that I've got a better grasp of how to make my augmentation build and which items to stock up on. Then one playthrough where I shoot everything.
SpartanForce said:
My game must be bugged or something. I beat it and now realise it. Its that the energy bars only go 1 level, unless that I take some energy food. I aug myself to 5 bars I guess lol, but it stood in 1 almost every time.
That's how my game was too. Is it really a bug? I liked it that way, it made the balancing better.

the Gamestop "exclusive" mission is like a single room from any other mission. a completely avoidable sewer entrance from another mission is more involved!

Solo

Just finished the Alice Garden pods escape and Shanghai Justice. That was a really fun case. I loved searching for evidence and I nailed the shit out of Lee Hong and got dat confession. Now I'm off to YTM Medical.

Zeth

Ffirst single player experience in years to engross me this much Definitely checking out Bioshock and Fallout. Then I'm gonna happily play this again. At least once more.

kai3345

Banned
just got this today. Enjoying it, but I haven't really notice any "branching solutions" or whatever that the series is known for. I mean I only just completed the second mission, with the pro-humanist group, but I'm hoping the game opens up.

Ken

vazel said:
That's how my game was too. Is it really a bug? I liked it that way, it made the balancing better.

It's not a bug. I think it recharging only partially depleted cells is in the description of the augment itself. I assume that the first cell automatically recharging is for gameplay reasons.

Neiteio

revolverjgw said:
Anybody else find it kind of funny that every single can of paint in the game is full of yellow paint?
LOL, you're right about the paint cans. Maybe the fact it's always yellow paint is a bit of self-aware humor regarding the piss filter?

Trouble

Banned
Neiteio said:
I quit the game at that point and started and finished Vanquish since then. This video gives me hope I can get past the boss battle. Will I be able to throw objects that far even if I don't have any strength augs?
Yes, the strength aug only determines if you can pick up and hurl heavy objects like refrigerators.

I think the boss fight complaints are a bit overblown. They seem to actually provide what you need to win each in in the room itself.

My personal strategy was to keep one real heavy weapon on hand for them (rocket launcher, heavy machine gun, grenade launcher, in that order for boss fights), they are pretty trivially easy if you have the firepower. For stealth builds you should easily have the extra inventory space to keep one big gun on hand.

As an aside I've come to the conclusion that the heavy machine gun is terrible, actually didn't even use it on the second boss fight because of the spin-up time. It takes too long to spin up, has a short range and ammo takes a ton of inventory space. I really liked the combat rifle (especially after silencer and upgrades), but early in the game ammo is in pretty short supply and it burns through it quick. The Grenade Launcher is godly (gamestop pre-order bonus), but I wish I could have had the silenced sniper rifle too.

Derrick01

Banned
Linkzg said:
the Gamestop "exclusive" mission is like a single room from any other mission. a completely avoidable sewer entrance from another mission is more involved!

Yup it was really poor. I finished it in 20 minutes and about 5 of those were from escaping the place by following a similar path that I took to get to my destination.

It just gives even more weight to the fact that all exclusive preorder missions suck and aren't worth the hype.

SalsaShark said:
quote for new day (lol)

still wanna find out if more people are having this issue.

Screenshot above is the
Tai Young Medical building, the part where you fight two robots to disable the security system
, and the below one is leaving the Detroit metro station going towards the police station.

If anyone has saves there, we're trying to figure out if this is a common issue with the game or if there's something wrong with the 3 of us that seem to be having the issue. So if you could go to those spots and take a screenshot, we would really appreciate it.

I see no one answered your question. It definitely isn't normal.

On the 360, the only thing that would happen is the shadows would become sharper as you got closer to them, there is not supposed to be any pop up like that.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im totally in love with the story and characters. It is difficult enough for a game to do that for me. I think last game that engrossed me that much was Batman Arkam Asylum. But for an open world type game like this to do it is really impressive.

I doubt anybody from Eidos Montreal or Nixxes is following this thread, but I want to commend them nonetheless for supporting the game so well at launch. The patch which makes loading times better is a godsend!

Ken

Trouble said:
My personal strategy was to keep one real heavy weapon on hand for them (rocket launcher, heavy machine gun, grenade launcher, in that order for boss fights), they are pretty trivially easy if you have the firepower. For stealth builds you should easily have the extra inventory space to keep one big gun on hand.

I'd probably recommend stealth characters to upgrade the Typhoon augment for boss killing. It makes every boss fight ridiculous easy and you only need inventory space for the Typhoon ammo rather than having both a heavy weapon and its ammo taking up space.

Salsa

See You Next Wednesday said:
I see no one answered your question. It definitely isn't normal.

On the 360, the only thing that would happen is the shadows would become sharper as you got closer to them, there is not supposed to be any pop up like that.

its no pop-up, the shadows become sharper as you approach them, but the change between "soft" and "sharp" isnt smooth at all, there's a line that cuts through the shadow and on one side its all crappy and on the other one its smooth, and this line moves with the player.

The thing is, im yet to see a screenshot of the spots where my screens were taken without the issue on the PC version.

counting me, we're 3 gaffers who are suffering from this, so even though everyone tells me its not normal, im yet to see proof that it aint happening to everyone.

oneils

So uh...call me dumb, but I can't figure out how people are slapping hobos around in these gifs.

How is that done? Usually a gun is equipped and I can't seem to be able to just equip fists. Are they a variation of the silent takedown? Try to sneak up to them and do a knockout. Is that how it works?

Ourobolus

Banned
oneils said:
So uh...call me dumb, but I can't figure out how people are slapping hobos around in these gifs.

How is that done? Usually a gun is equipped and I can't seem to be able to just equip fists. Are they a variation of the silent takedown? Try to sneak up to them and do a knockout. Is that how it works?
Yes.

Ken

oneils said:

Walk up to anyone (except maybe important NPCs) and press your button/key for a takedown. There's no standard melee in the game.

Solo

oneils said:

Walk right up in a smelly hobo's/dirty hooker's/corporate tycoon's face and slap that bitch down. You are Adam Jensen and not a single fuck will you give them.

oneils said:

Btw you can holster your weapon. It's Y on the 360 pad or I don't know what key on the keyboard but check control options

Zeliard

Takedowns are context-sensitive in pretty neat ways as well. After making
Lee Hong
confess in Hengsha I knocked him out after getting behind him. Since he was sitting down at the time, Jensen just choked him out where he sat.

Nelo Ice

Banned
oneils said:

speaking of which has anyone managed to not punch the dancing guy in the subway? im playing more of a good guy and i could not resist laying the smackdown on him as soon as i saw him lol

Salsa

213bea0c03882eb46eefd63810c0c842743b4043.png

f813a2b411eb82c790618613ea334b6a5c74cf17.png

literally rolled my eyes, so bad

Almighty

Trouble said:
The Grenade Launcher is godly (gamestop pre-order bonus), but I wish I could have had the silenced sniper rifle too.

For what it's worth I personally didn't find the silenced sniper rifle very useful. It takes up too much space in the inventory and when it comes to quietly taking down enemies I found the tranquilizer rifle more useful as it is quieter than the sniper rifle.

Wanace

So what's coming on the 29th? I saw the little scrolling news bar on the bottom of the screen and it says watch for something.

Salsa

Cryptozoologist said:
So what's coming on the 29th? I saw the little scrolling news bar on the bottom of the screen and it says watch for something.

deus ex: human revolution cuba

prequel where you play as Che Guevara

"nunca pedi esto"

Londa

Banned
In the first mission after you wake up
I noticed that people died in my playthrough but I watched a youtube video where everyone survived...

Will this effect my game in anyway? :(

oneils

Lol, I tried forever at getting a basket and never even thought of stacking boxes.

Also, thanks everyone for setting me straight on the takedowns. It is now time to go have a little chat with the break dancer...

Man, this game is pretty awesome. I've spent hours just doing side quests in detroit. I can't believe the police station. Felt a lot like playing the first game. It is awesome.

One problem, though. I played for about 5 hours today with no problems. The game ran rock solid. However, the game has now crashed to desktop twice in about 20 minutes. Anyone else have this problem? Is it a memory leak? Should I be rebooting?

Ken

Londa said:
In the first mission after you wake up
I noticed that people died in my playthrough but I watched a youtube video where everyone survived...

Will this effect my game in anyway? :(

You mean the
hostages died? AFAIK the only thing that affects is you don't get a sub-quest involving Josie Thorpe's husband (one of the hostages) and getting a discount with a Detroit weapons merchant. Oh, and some of the SWAT members that you meet after your encounter with Zeke will have different dialogue. You won't miss much.

Gvaz

Banned
zlatko said:
:( Fudge, then yeah I'll have to get PC version.

Does anyone know how long the game is if I just ignore all the side quests? I may be able to power through it on a stealth play through by ignoring the extras, then picking the game up later on PC for the full experience and do a terminator run through.
Not very long.

Zafir

somedevil said:
yes it is. It's easy just stack up boxes and tehn jump on top of them and drop it in.
Well I'll be... I never thought of that. Instead I spent a good 20mins doing it normally. xD Oh well I got it in the end.

Londa

Banned
Ken said:
You mean the
hostages died? AFAIK the only thing that affects is you don't get a sub-quest involving Josie Thorpe's husband (one of the hostages) and getting a discount with a Detroit weapons merchant. Oh, and some of the SWAT members that you meet after your encounter with Zeke will have different dialogue. You won't miss much.

awww no discount :(

I had no idea that if you are late the situation changes. Wow really keeps me on my toes.

can i still get the foxiest of hound if i alerted the enemies (heard my foot steps, see my shadow etc) but they never see me and never go hostile on me, alarms never goes off

Top Bottom