• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
BadTaste105 said:
The look of this room reminded me of Mirror's Edge for some reason.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9496/dxhr2011082800491399.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You'll enjoy the *plot* room in you enter in just a few minutes.

Ken

Londa said:
awww no discount :(

I had no idea that if you are late the situation changes. Wow really keeps me on my toes.

The vendor doesn't have anything special aside from an early silencer upgrade for 250 credits with the discount.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man said:
I have finished S2-3-4 and have access to S5 in Detroit.

Where is S1?
That drove me crazy until I realized that it was just for talking to the guy in your office that gives you S2 when they page you.

Anilusion

Ken said:
The vendor doesn't have anything special aside from an early silencer upgrade for 250 credits with the discount.

Where is this store? I spoke to the guy and he told me to mention him for a discount but I cannot find where I should go :p

Man

Who's
Thorpe?

RoboPlato said:
That drove me crazy until I realized that it was just for talking to the guy in your office that gives you S2 when they page you.

Okay so initializing S2 was S1? "Paging Adam Jensen"

Ken

Anilusion said:
Where is this store? I spoke to the guy and he told me to mention him for a discount but I cannot find where I should go :p

One of the apartment buildings behind the gas station by the basketball court. It's not the one with two MCB gang members telling you to go away.

Man said:
Who's
Thorpe?

The last name of the woman who is held hostage by Zekes that you either rescue or don't. Her husband is one of the hostages in the room with the bomb. I just said "Thorpe's" because I couldn't remember the husband's name, who is the person who gives you the side quest. Lol.

Neiteio

Snuggler said:
oopsbkff.jpg

things got...out of hand
Snuggler! I thought you were cuddly, not a killer. :(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Just 100%'d Detroit, and thought it was great. There was one conversation though that stuck out to me as really kind of artificial. I can't remember which. It might have been with Cassandra. Oh well. :)

An-Det

My birthday is today, and to my surprise I get an email this evening saying I've received Human Revolution as a gift from my roommate. Looks like I'll be starting this tonight once it finishes downloading.

epmode

ADAM JENSON - Let me know if you manage to figure it out
FRANCIS PRITCHARD - Didn't you mean to say "when"?
ADAM - Pretty sure I didn't.

I love him.

Eusis

Dresden said:
Wait... the 'punch through wall' aug always kills, right?

Fuck.
Gave up on a no kill run as a result... Well, actually, that had more to do with the fact the prologue apparently counts against you, which is kind of unfair because that's when the game isn't really open yet.

Welp I beat it. Other than the boss fights I really liked it overall and I think it does more right than wrong. Might do another run sometime soon but kinda interested in playing Deus Ex and seeing the connections of things they put in HR, since it's been a while.

L00P

This game needs a new game+, dammit! I want to max out all my augs and be badass throughout the whole game.

I'm counting on you, modders!

Scrum

Well I bought this game out of a whim and so far I'm really impressed. I didn't read any previews or watch any videos about it and I must say that I'm seriously in love with the art direction. Hopefully it will remain that way.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Automatisch said:
Welp I beat it. Other than the boss fights I really liked it overall and I think it does more right than wrong. Might do another run sometime soon but kinda interested in playing Deus Ex and seeing the connections of things they put in HR, since it's been a while.
I just want a remake. It deserves it, and Eidos Montreal has my faith.

Tigel

schwall20 said:
I think its so funny the first boss' name is Barrett and he, like, the final fantasy Barrett both have chain gun arms. Pretty cool
Yeah it's cool, but it's totally unintentional :p

hamchan

I hope they don't remake the first game. There would be so much bitching from the fans. No, making an entirely new Deus Ex game is the best option.

Zafir

Londa said:
awww no discount :(

I had no idea that if you are late the situation changes. Wow really keeps me on my toes.
I completely missed them, and didn't realise until it was mentioned after I'd completed the mission. However I had a save just before I spoke to
Zeke
, and so I managed to walk my way back to the room and save them. So I don't think it matters when you do it, as long as it's before you end the mission by talking to
Zeke

cackhyena

I can't find a way to get into the media terminal in The Hive without that douche seeing me. If I knock him out or tranquilize him, the whole place goes on alert.

Mush

So I haven't seen any media for this at all, nor had much of an interest in it due to the fact that I haven't played the first 2 games. I watched my friend play this last night and I was intrigued.

Should I give this a go?

Lyphen said:
I just want a remake. It deserves it, and Eidos Montreal has my faith.
Not sure if it'd really be worth putting together the resources for a full remake of that game, as cool as it would be. I'd rather they focus on the next game getting closer to the timeline we're all familiar with and fixing the problems HR had. In fact a straight up prequel to Deus Ex would be kind of neat.

Mush said:
So I haven't seen any media for this at all, nor had much of an interest in it due to the fact that I haven't played the first 2 games. I watched my friend play this last night and I was intrigued.

Should I give this a go?

Yes. You don't have to have played the first two, and to be honest this is the most accessible and enjoyable of the three in terms of gameplay IMO.

Ken

Mush said:

Should I give this a go?

Yes.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
An-Det said:
My birthday is today, and to my surprise I get an email this evening saying I've received Human Revolution as a gift from my roommate. Looks like I'll be starting this tonight once it finishes downloading.
Your roommate fucking rocks!

Enco

Mush said:

Should I give this a go?
I tried DX1 and couldn't bring my self to go past the first mission.

I loved DX3. Everything about it is stunning. It seems the boss fights suck but I'm having a blast so far. It's looking like this might be my top game of all time.

beelzebozo said:
i'm really over-thinking this police station situation.
Honestly after that level I decided to stop trying to play a certain way and just beat the game as it happened instead of specific tactics. I ended up not using stealth in instances where I would have liked, but it makes the game more organic and allows you to use things you normally wouldn't.

Ken

Mush said:
Cool beans. Is there a preferred console platform? I read a DF article and they said it's pretty much the same.

I'm playing it on the 360 and aside from the load times, it's great.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Automatisch said:
Honestly after that level I decided to stop trying to play a certain way and just beat the game as it happened instead of specific tactics. I ended up not using stealth in instances where I would have liked, but it makes the game more organic and allows you to use things you normally wouldn't.

i think my problem is that i wasn't even supposed to break in yet, if at all. i'm such a dope.

Soo I'm curious. The choice at the start in the heli with Sarif about going in either stealth or assault (I think?) does that actually effect anything besides the weapon he gives you? I'm thinking I want to try a sneaky killer thing, but I'll restart if its something essential to being stealthy since I'm not that far in yet.

IoCaster

I finally got around to starting this game and having a ton of fun with it. Got the first post-prologue mission done and back to HQ at the moment just screwing around.

I have to admit that I'm having some trouble getting my mouse sensitivity tuned the way I like though. I wish that there was an .ini file that I could access to configure the game to suit my needs better. I really, Really, REALLY hope that this isn't an evolving trend with devs locking away options for PC players going forward cause it sucks. I will give them credit for making the FOV selectable via menu.

In any case, I'm enjoying the game so far and I'm already giving some thought to a combat heavy second playthrough. I definitely never expected a quality Deus Ex franchise resurrection to ever materialize, so this is pretty damn exceptional. Give credit where it's due to Eidos and SE for a good faith effort to breathe new life into an ostensibly dead franchise.

zlatko

Banned
No game this generation after MGS4 has been so in line with what I want out of a game, but Deus Ex thus far has went well and beyond what suits me as a gamer.

<3 it to infinity even though I have to play in short bursts or else I'll get sick from my damn brain/eyes/w/e not being able to cop with 75 FOV. :(

cackhyena

cackhyena said:
I can't find a way to get into the media terminal in The Hive without that douche seeing me. If I knock him out or tranquilize him, the whole place goes on alert.
Did anyone do this stealthily?

Orangepeel said:
Soo I'm curious. The choice at the start in the heli with Sarif about going in either stealth or assault (I think?) does that actually effect anything besides the weapon he gives you? I'm thinking I want to try a sneaky killer thing, but I'll restart if its something essential to being stealthy since I'm not that far in yet.
You're not locked into anything because of how the unlocks work. You'll generally be sneaking around regardless of if you unlock the cloaking and X-Ray vision stuff, but those just make it a lot easier to get through certain areas.

epmode

IoCaster said:
I have to admit that I'm having some trouble getting my mouse sensitivity tuned the way I like though. I wish that there was an .ini file that I could access to configure the game to suit my needs better. I really, Really, REALLY hope that this isn't an evolving trend with devs locking away options for PC players going forward cause it sucks. I will give them credit for making the FOV selectable via menu.
I believe that the settings are actually written to the registry, not an INI file. I'm not sure where it is.

Enco

Y2Kev said:
I really like the dialog system. I HOPE you can fail at persuading people...
Well I couldn't talk my way into the police station if that's what you mean.

Had to sneak through but I felt that was 100x as fun.

Top Bottom