• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Yo Gotti said:
Yea, my biggest complaint about the game is how the batteries don't recharge fully. Really makes it hard to use the augments at all. They should have balanced it the other way around... even if it took a few minutes to recharge or something.
No that would be shit as you would sit around waiting those minutes before every encounter. It's great as is.

Also, batteries will recharge if you don't spend the whole thing. Only takedowns, punches and typhoons will force you to eat candy afterwards to refill it again. With other augs you can try limit your usage intelligently.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
3chopl0x said:
Malik related Heng Sha second visit spoilers:

Did anyone else go down to the harvesters base underground after the crash where she dies? You see her body on an operating table :'( I lost it and killed everyone down there

Anyone who saw that and didn't do what you did has no heart.

Just found a poster for Final Fantasy 27 inside a bunk pod.

ff27.jpg

Clevinger

Danne-Danger said:
No that would be shit as you would sit around waiting those minutes before every encounter. It's great as is.

I like the way it is, but I think they could have had it both ways. The first bar quickly fills back up, like it does, but it takes longer for the other bars to come back, and you can still use items to refill it quicker if you want.

Echoplx

Paches-EJ- said:
Which aug, number of batteries? I did plenty of tactical cloaking by not draining a full battery so it would keep the 2nd,3rd, 4th batteries full so I didn't have to eat bars.

I don't even use cloaking, it becomes a massive problem when you use takedowns and wall punching a lot like I do, because they take entire batteries away in one go.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
evlcookie said:
Does anyone know how much this sells for, it's early on in the game?
the rocket launcher

I can't carry my tranq :(
I believe items sell for 1/4 of the initial costs is 4k. So 1k.

I think the energy is fine, my only problem with it is that it's tied to melee because of the one hit downs of takedowns, ugh. But if they gave most augs some kind of energy use, but changed the whole takedown system, that would've been better I think. Also if they had occasional spots to recharge yourself for free like the maintenance bots did in the original.

I didn't use cloaking at all, so my energy was used exclusively for knocking out people, it just didn't seem right that it was taking up energy to punch guys. And occasionally using the typhoon against bosses.

watershed

Banned
Just got to montreal the story seems to be picking up a little. Really liked Hengsha in terms of the atmosphere and design of the hub. But I found the last story mission to be a little too long. But the last few set pieces are really quite awesome. I hope montreal keeps the excitement and story development up.

Dresden

We have more than one battery? :p

I wish we did just have one cell, tbh. And then stuff like wall-punch would have lessened costs to compensate.

1stStrike

Banned
artwalknoon said:
Just got to montreal the story seems to be picking up a little. Really liked Hengsha in terms of the atmosphere and design of the hub. But I found the last story mission to be a little too long. But the last few set pieces are really quite awesome. I hope montreal keeps the excitement and story development up.

I loved montreal. The story took a nice twist there and the place was so big that I actually got lost a couple times trying to find my way through it.

L00P said:
Yeah seriously. It's pretty pointless to max it out imo. The fast-recharge upgrade is far more useful in most cases.

You really shouldn't need to rely on having 5 energy bars at all times. I mean, it's obvious that they wanted you to save it for situations that would be difficult otherwise. If I see a situation where I can knock out two guys at once, but I need to stealth through some laser beams - then I use a couple of energy bars, stealth over to them and then pop them. I'll be back down to 1 bar at that point and then go from there.

If you want unlimited energy go get a trainer or something. It'll be fun for like an hour and then you'll be bored of how easy it makes the game.

Zaptruder

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---------

Just learned that... the prologue counts towards a no-lethal run.

i.e. if you play no-lethal, you gotta play no-lethal there as well.

No fucking wonder I didn't get that achievement.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Fucking Splendid. Turns out those auto saves with the Previous and last. They aren't specially created saves, they seem to filter down the last ones I made saves out of. So when I loaded up my old save to replay the Office escape. The auto saved didn't just override that one, it also went over the 2nd one down... which was from my current play through. Where I just finished up the Prologue and a complete clear of the first stage.

Hakkuei

Zaptruder said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---------

Just learned that... the prologue counts towards a no-lethal run.

i.e. if you play no-lethal, you gotta play no-lethal there as well.

No fucking wonder I didn't get that achievement.
GODDAMMIT

I thought the prologue was some kind of a tutorial where you were expected to kill everyone because you only had an assault rifle... Fuck.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Loving the game, great athmosphere. Choice feels so prevalent that the mere conscious decision of not killing makes the guns in the game actually feel dangerous. There's just something there, when you draw the handgun.

Zaptruder

Banned
Hakkuei said:
GODDAMMIT

I thought the prologue was some kind of a tutorial where you were expected to kill everyone because you only had an assault rifle... Fuck.

At least you can kill whoever the fuck you want to kill now :p

Gvaz

Banned
Qwomo said:
Nah they shouldn't. The system works great as-is. Definitely makes you think and prevents you from just takedowning your way through entire rooms.
Yeah they should. Bars should recharge it all at once, but it gains the entire charge slowly.

As it is now, you can pass up 99% of the bars because there's no reason to use it.

Are there any more Hensha sidequests? I'm about to head to
TYM
. So far I've done Bar Tab, Shanghai Justice and Rotten Business.

I've upgraded energy recharge to max along with cloaking and this shit is so fucking baller. Couple those with seeing through walls and I'm moving around like a certified ghost.

vocab

Can't play the game with the frame rate dropping randomly in rooms. Tried turing DX11 and tessellation off, still runs like shit.

vocab said:
Can't play the game with the frame rate dropping randomly in rooms. Tried turing DX11 and tessellation off, still runs like shit.
Try turning shadows to normal and SSAO off. I got the loading stutters from it still, but it started playing far more consistently after that.

Gvaz said:
Yeah they should. Bars should recharge it all at once, but it gains the entire charge slowly.

As it is now, you can pass up 99% of the bars because there's no reason to use it.
No, recharging all the bars would make the game a cake walk. Takedowns are easily the most useful and overpowered attack in the game. being able to take down 5 different dudes at a a time and waiting 2 mins for recharge to do it again would essentially break the game mechanics. As it is now, you have to be strategic about how you are going to use takedowns

vocab

Rickenslacker said:
Try turning shadows to normal and SSAO off. I got the loading stutters from it still, but it started playing far more consistently after that.

Did that. No improvement whatsoever.

Salsa

vocab said:
Did that. No improvement whatsoever.

game runs a bit screwy for some people. I get pretty constant stutter in the hubs (0 on missions and the like though) and its certainly not hardware/game options related

im sure it'll get further patches

Gvaz

Banned
fuzzyreactor said:
No, recharging all the bars would make the game a cake walk. Takedowns are easily the most useful and overpowered attack in the game. being able to take down 5 different dudes at a a time and waiting 2 mins for recharge to do it again would essentially break the game mechanics. As it is now, you have to be strategic about how you are going to use takedowns
It would speed up the game because instead of taking dudes out one by one you could do 2 by two, or sneak past a difficult section and just wait 5 minutes or something for all your bars to fill up so you can cloak through the next section.

Compared to:

taking a dude out one by one, cloaking past a difficult section, eat a candy bar or two, cloak past another section, eat a candy bar or two, cloak past another section...

You could just fill up your energy cells beforehand and take out as many dudes as you can before they run out.

Recharging your full stock of energy would break the game.

Wallach

SalsaShark said:
game runs a bit screwy for some people. I get pretty constant stutter in the hubs (0 on missions and the like though) and its certainly not hardware/game options related

im sure it'll get further patches

I got a very strange form of frameskipping in open Detroit until I set shadows to normal on my 5850. Like it would report 50-60 FPS but feel like it was missing every fourth frame in a very steady rhythm. Turning shadows to normal stopped it completely I found.

I put in like 10 hours today. The rest of this game is going to have to nosedive in quality for it to not top the original DX for me. I think I'm out of sidequests and need to go ahead and move on with the main story.

Ended on a high note (this picture is a very minor spoiler for a early side quest for the sensitive)

http://i.imgur.com/xohfW.jpg

That's the result of me busting in on Double-T and laying a double takedown on him and his pal - they both sailed into their respective beds like good little lads.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Like a goddamn boss:

untitled-1aj9p.jpg

Of course I chose the canon ending like a boss and then I proceeded to jizz all over my self for like the next 20 minutes.

Gvaz said:
It would speed up the game because instead of taking dudes out one by one you could do 2 by two, or sneak past a difficult section and just wait 5 minutes or something for all your bars to fill up so you can cloak through the next section.

Compared to:

taking a dude out one by one, cloaking past a difficult section, eat a candy bar or two, cloak past another section, eat a candy bar or two, cloak past another section...
Or you could play the game without being reliant on one mechanic to get you through the whole game. If you are using energy bars to get past every obstacle than you are not playing the game to its full extent and should be penalized for it. If you wanna play cheap than its gonna cost you, stack up on energy bars that you can buy.

Salsa

Stallion Free said:
Like a goddamn boss:

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-1aj9p.jpg[/ img]

Of course I chose the canon ending like a boss and then I proceeded to jizz all over my self for like the next 20 minutes.[/QUOTE]

you missed no augs achiev

u suck

dankir

Has Eidos been notified about the cloak and daggers glitch? I'm dont want to ruin my no kills playthrough. I'm tranqing one of the thugs outisde the apartment and theyre dying for some reason.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Can't remember a game where the boss encounters so tarnished the overall experience. Where everything that makes the game interesting is abandoned for completely uninspired combat arenas. I HATE these fucking battles. It isn't that they're hard. There are ways to cheap-kill past them, I understand. But now that I'm at number three, and probably have one or two more to go, I just... I'm having a hard time finding the incentive to play on.

wutwutwut

Goreomedy said:
Can't remember a game where the boss encounters so tarnished the overall experience. Where everything that makes the game interesting is abandoned for completely uninspired combat arenas. I HATE these fucking battles. It isn't that they're hard. There are ways to cheap-kill past them, I understand. But now that I'm at number three, and probably have one or two more to go, I just... I'm having a hard time finding the incentive to play on.
No more shitty boss battles. The last boss battle is actually much better in that sense. I asked two other people and they said they did it in completely different ways.

Top Bottom