• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Can someone tell me all the sidequest there are in the 2nd visit to Hengsha?
I already have the quest from the Limb Clinic.

I'm reading a few f.a.q.s & found I missed out a sidequest that I could have gotten if I saved the hostage near the start of the game. Kinda pissed at this & don't want to miss out on anything else now.

Also can I revisit the arms dealer that was in the Garden apartment building? I tried getting past the guards that stand in front of it, but the door had no prompt to open it.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Detroit HUB spoiler/question I guess.

If you get eht super jump aug, you can hop up on top of the gas station gun shop and find a sniper rifle and pocket sec ina vent. It details how to start a riot. Can you actually do this?

Salsa

Paches-EJ- said:
I did a no augs run! It wasn't as bad as it sounds actually.

gonna go all in on the next one

if anyone else knows about non-spoiler hidden cheevos, lemme know, i want a challenge

_tetsuo_ said:
Detroit HUB spoiler/question I guess.

If you get eht super jump aug, you can hop up on top of the gas station gun shop and find a sniper rifle and pocket sec ina vent. It details how to start a riot. Can you actually do this?

No.

The racist caricature homeless woman tells you that there was somebody up there with a gun during a LIMB clinic protest that happened right before the Milwaukee plant got raided.

dankir said:
Has Eidos been notified about the cloak and daggers glitch? I'm dont want to ruin my no kills playthrough. I'm tranqing one of the thugs outisde the apartment and theyre dying for some reason.

Weird, just finished that quest, tranq'd EVERYONE. No problem.

Unless you meant something else...

Oh, and this game is damn good. It's kind of what I really wanted from MGS4.

wutwutwut said:
No more shitty boss battles. The last boss battle is actually much better in that sense. I asked two other people and they said they did it in completely different ways.

Yeah I read the last boss battle has
completely different options to take down.

Mendelevium said:
How do I get suppressors for my handgun?

In stores, from specific quest that rewards you with it & randomly lying around.

1stStrike

Banned
See You Next Wednesday said:
Yeah I read the last boss battle has
completely different options to take down.

In stores, from specific quest that rewards you with it & randomly lying around.

Last boss battle spoilers:
I had no fucking idea what I was doing for the most part. I ran down to the pods, realized I had a code and punched it in - and she was all like WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CODE? I then ran around to all 4 computer terminals and entered the codes (I had to hack one as I missed a code somewhere) then destroyed a few robots and was like... can I shoot her yet? So I turned around and blasted her with the plasma rifle until she died.

I'm not even sure if half of that was necessary. I just ran around and did whatever lol.

graywolf323

having had ferrets growing up I greatly dislike the woman in the Alice Garden Pods trying to make the guy get rid of his pet ferret :-(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've just been picking apart the Police Station, which even with it being hyped up in this thread is still a blast. On just one of the little objectives in the Motherly Ties quest in and around the station, I found what I thought was the only way and planned what I was going to do but wanted to make sure I was right so I didn't waste time for nothing. So I searched online and found this thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944090-deus-ex-human-revolution/60125529 (spoilers for that quest in there obv)

It shows that the way I meant to do it is the solution... along with four other ways I didn't know about. Just for one sub-objective of a multi-part sidequest. They definitely brought the amazing to this one.

fuzzyreactor said:
Or you could play the game without being reliant on one mechanic to get you through the whole game. If you are using energy bars to get past every obstacle than you are not playing the game to its full extent and should be penalized for it. If you wanna play cheap than its gonna cost you, stack up on energy bars that you can buy.

+1
Pretty much, nobody likes a scrub.

Pistol head shots, tranq gun...or just crouch past them.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Goreomedy said:
Can't remember a game where the boss encounters so tarnished the overall experience. Where everything that makes the game interesting is abandoned for completely uninspired combat arenas. I HATE these fucking battles. It isn't that they're hard. There are ways to cheap-kill past them, I understand. But now that I'm at number three, and probably have one or two more to go, I just... I'm having a hard time finding the incentive to play on.
Don't be a bitch and murder them. The bosses aren't that bad. Typhoon them a few times and you're gold.

Trevelyon

This game must have the most killable hobos ever. Nothing quite like sending them for a dirt nap during their crackpot prattle.

"the duck's neck is in the noose, maaaaan" BLAMO!!

Ken

1stStrike said:
I had no fucking idea what I was doing for the most part. I ran down to the pods, realized I had a code and punched it in - and she was all like WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CODE? I then ran around to all 4 computer terminals and entered the codes (I had to hack one as I missed a code somewhere) then destroyed a few robots and was like... can I shoot her yet? So I turned around and blasted her with the plasma rifle until she died.

I'm not even sure if half of that was necessary. I just ran around and did whatever lol.

I've read that
you can just use the laser rifle to kill Zhao from the start as the laser beam goes through her shields.

Qwomo

1stStrike said:

Yeah that's pretty much what I did.

I had no idea what the fuck was going on the whole boss battle.

1stStrike

Banned
Ken said:
I've read that
you can just use the laser rifle to kill Zhao from the start as the laser beam goes through her shields.

Hah, nice, though that would take the fun out of it. I totally had a blast going ape shit on that battle trying to dodge everything.

It took them awhile, but Eidos are emerging as one of my favourite developers this generation. Arkham Asylum and Human Revolution are both classics. Arkham City will no doubt be amazing and the new Tomb Raider has everyone salivating. Hitman and Thief are making their comebacks too.

<3 Eidos.

wutwutwut

Ken said:
I've read that
Aw fuck, I had the laser rifle yet I did it the "right" way.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
My friend is coming in two hours. We've played Deus Ex together in 2000 and it was one of my most memorable gaming experiences. I'll let him play through Detroit. I also have to say that the game is localised pretty well (just downloaded language pack from Steam) but I guess it's not down in-house so it varies from country to country.

FStop7

Banned
Welp. That first boss fight has really soured me on the game. After about 30 failed attempts I turned it off and I don't think I'm going to go back.

hamchan

MrCookiepants said:
It took them awhile, but Eidos are emerging as one of my favourite developers this generation. Arkham Asylum and Human Revolution are both classics. Arkham City will no doubt be amazing and the new Tomb Raider has everyone salivating. Hitman and Thief are making their comebacks too.

<3 Eidos.
Eidos were only publishers for Arkham Asylum not developers but yeah, they've been pretty good this gen. Wise decision of Square Enix to buy them.

Finished it. Last area was a bit of a downer in an otherwise stellar game. Pretty much aside from bosses and the last area, at least as a non-lethal stealth character, there aren't any real negatives I had.

One of my favorite games for sure. Probably game of the generation.

also got foxiest of the hounds. if anyone is after that and is stuck somewhere, wondering if it will count, I might be able to help.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
FStop7 said:
Welp. That first boss fight has really soured me on the game. After about 30 failed attempts I turned it off and I don't think I'm going to go back.

read tips, he's going down in 1 minute even with a hacker-focused character.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
MrCookiepants said:

<3 Eidos.

Hitman. :(

But yeah, it was an awesome buy for Square Enix.

FStop7

Banned
subversus said:
read tips, he's going down in 1 minute even with a hacker-focused character.

Read the tips, watched a Youtube clip. I guess my hands are useless claws, because I cannot manipulate objects quickly enough to stay alive. Half the time I don't get the highlight to pick them up, and they often fall over. Or I miss the throw. Or a grenade lands on top of them. Or they get stuck on the ceiling when I pick them up. Not worth the frustration.

kitch9

Banned
FStop7 said:

It's very easy. Just look for stuff to throw that may go off with a big bang.

Zeliard

FStop7 said:

Just shock his ass with a taser or EMP grenades and unload rounds at his head. Use those explosive red barrels. Drop the difficulty for that one fight if it's that hard. Giving up on the game entirely because of one boss fight is silly, especially when it gets even better when you get to Hengsha.

Clevinger

I love all the little touches in this game

example: one of the first quests you get from the guy waiting in your office, if you listen before going in there and talking to him you'll hear him nervously practicing what he's going to say to Adam

RedSwirl

This game man.

I just beat the first boss (slightly bullshit but ultimately beatable, even on hard). That whole mission felt like a proper Metal Gear area. I'm going back through now just to gather everything and get all possible experience points.

Do they let you go back to main Detroit before heading off?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
All of the bosses are incredibly easy on the hardest difficulty. If you feel they are hard, you really need to think about how you are approaching them.

Linkzg said:
wait, there is a no augs achievement?
No, there is not.

Stallion Free said:
All of the bosses are incredibly easy on the hardest difficulty. If you feel they are hard, you really need to think about how you are approaching them.

No, there is not.

oh thank goodness

I have no clue how I didn't get Doctorate. I read every single book I found.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
First boss was the hardest thus far.

Fuck the janky controls. Crouches when i don't want, reloads when i want to pick shit up, hides when i want to run, goes into sight mode when i'm just trying to escape.

Ended up saving a lot and finished him with a snipe to his goddamn head!

In retrospect, cloak, hide in corner, snipe, repeat, will likely make 2nd round better.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Linkzg said:
oh thank goodness

I have no clue how I didn't get Doctorate. I read every single book I found.
I think I missed one or two in areas I couldn't reach because I didn't have Icarus Drop.

Also, does anyone have those AA compatiblities for DX9 on Nvidia? I forgot to make note of them earlier in the thread and this one is moving fast.

Branson

Yeah...that first boss fight. It was random as hell for me.
He got stuck just shooting at me right in front of my cover, so I just blind fired and hit him every other shot. Did that for about 30 seconds, he finally started moving, I ran to the other side and threw a grenade when he stepped by the red barrel and got him. I died like 3-4 times before that. I swear I killed him under 1:30 that time. It kind of shocked me when I did because the amount of bullets I was hitting him with before seemed enormous.
Other than that, the game has been fantastic and really surprising.

Jintor

I used up my entire stock of grenades on that bastard.

I don't understand why I can stack 20 boxes of bullets but not two grenades!

Skirn

I encountered the first boss yesterday. Having read here and there about how difficult the bosses are, I was a bit surprised when
Barrett died after 3-4 grenades. I didn't even have to put myself in harm's way, just lobbed the grenades blind-fire style at him
. The fight didn't even take 10 seconds. :lol

But yeah, the boss fight felt a bit out of place from a game such as this. At least if you're, like me, going for a more stealthy and non-lethal approach. Oh, and for getting the "no kills" achievement, do I have to kill the bosses using only tranqulizing shots?

Skirn said:
But yeah, the boss fight felt a bit out of place from a game such as this. At least if you're, like me, going for a more stealthy and non-lethal approach. Oh, and for getting the "no kills" achievement, do I have to kill the bosses using only tranqulizing shots?

Bosses do not count into this achievement.

I was kinda surprised one of the final decisions in the game was not to
merge with Eliza using Panchea systems, and free her from Illuminati control

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Skirn said:
I encountered the first boss yesterday. Having read here and there about how difficult the bosses are, I was a bit surprised when
Barrett died after 3-4 grenades. I didn't even have to put myself in harm's way, just lobbed the grenades blind-fire style at him
. The fight didn't even take 10 seconds. :lol

Bosses don't count I think.

Skirn

Cool, that would've been a nightmare otherwise...

Does anyone else's Tranquilizing Rifle sometimes kill? I noticed yesterday while on the Cloak & Dagger side-mission, that when I shot the
first two guards by entrance to DRB gang territory
they would always die from the shots. I was forced to sneak by them and do a takedown instead.

kitch9

Banned
FStop7 said:

It's very easy. Just look for useful stuff around the edges of the room.

Loam

Alright I have to know, (possible ending spoiler)
what happens if you choose to get your neural implant replaced at the limb clinic? Does the game just end with you getting shut down prior to the next boss battle?

Abylim

I posted this a few pages back and didnt see a reply, so I'll ask again.

Anyone with the official strat guide know if thepassword/codes for the hackable doors and safes are in the guide?

Top Bottom