• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Wren said:
Alright I have to know, (possible ending spoiler)
what happens if you choose to get your neural implant replaced at the limb clinic? Does the game just end with you getting shut down prior to the next boss battle?
That would be awesome but no.
As I understand it, you just lose the use of any of your augments during the bossfight.

Zaptruder

Banned
Anyone else think that a fully decked out pistol is the cheapest weapon in the game bar none?

Instant head shot kills, armor pen, silent, laser scope.

It's really the bombdiggity. But it's also bad in that it's not very flashy - when I want to go on a killing spree, it's actually more effective to pull out the pistol than to use a maxed out heavy rifle.

Maybe it'd be different without a targeting reticle and a mouse :p

Zaptruder said:
Anyone else think that a fully decked out pistol is the cheapest weapon in the game bar none?

It's really the bombdiggity. But it's also bad in that it's not very flashy - when I want to go on a killing spree, it's actually more effective to pull out the pistol than to use a maxed out heavy rifle.

It wouldn't be Deus Ex if you couldn't make your pistol into a pocket god. That was how I rolled in my first playthrough of the original game, got me all nostalgic.

Wren said:
Alright I have to know, (possible ending spoiler)
what happens if you choose to get your neural implant replaced at the limb clinic? Does the game just end with you getting shut down prior to the next boss battle?

It will make the next boss battle harder

Zaptruder

Banned
Rickenslacker said:
That would be awesome but no.
As I understand it, you just lose the use of any of your augments during the bossfight.

That was bullshit annoying.

Made taking him out a much tougher task then it should've been.

I mean... you can't even see your own health!

snack

From GameFAQS Deus Ex message board:

There are three points in the game that make me wonder how he ties his shoes.

1. When the hacker kills himself.

It seemed blatently obvious to me that the hacker is being controlled by someone when I watch it. Jenson however seems to think that he killed himself just do Jenson doesn't talk to him.

The guy barely manages to get the gun to his head and tells Jenson "Help me" before killing himself. Not only that, the guy is augmented in a group that hates augmentation. It's so obvious yet Jenson doesn't find out till someone points it out to him. So dumb.

2. When you talk to Tong.

I figured out the guy at the upstairs bar was Tong about 30 seconds into talking with him. Jenson never figures it out till you go downstairs and meet him. Seriously? Super sleauth Jenson can't figure out something as simple as this?

3. When you get the the dragon lady and Jenson gets pushed out and locked out of the safe room.

It was so obvious to me she was playing the field and lying the minute she had her hands all over Jenson which was about 3 secs into the conversation. If that weren't enough, shortly before Jenson watched her chew out the guy who attacked his his facility.

Yet he gets all soft about it, let's her get behind him (dumbest move I could think he could do), and gets owned shortly after.

How the hell is this guy a former star cop and head of security at a billion dollar company when he can't seem to figure out how to change the inflection in his voice?

hahahahaha

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
snack said:
From GameFAQS Deus Ex message board:

The last one really bothers me. Jensen is actually stupid!

2 is incorrect.

vazel

Banned
Zaptruder said:
That was bullshit annoying.

Made taking him out a much tougher task then it should've been.

I mean... you can't even see your own health!
It was indeed really annoying. I hate it when games fuck with your vision and/or controls for effect. I knew something bad was going to happen when I got my biochip replaced but curiosity got the best of me. Now I know never to do that in future replays.
Rickenslacker said:
For that second point, through dialogue choices it's possible for Jensen to call him out when you first see him.
Yea I remember Jenson deducing he's Tong by the way the nearby bodyguard was acting.

Also, do we really have to resort to point and laugh posts? There's lots of stupid shit on internet forums just ignore it if it bothers you.

Zaptruder

Banned
EatChildren said:
2 is incorrect.

What's funny about the Tong encounter is
that there is a clear dialogue path where he stays away from shouting - bring me to your boss!

I went down that path - at the very end of it, there's a dialogue option in the read out that indicates that you/jensen have already caught onto the fact that he's actually Tong

But when spoken out, the wording is changed slightly to indicate that he still doesn't know who Tong is (but it's a bit ambiguous).

Then when you get down, he blurts out - oh you're Tong, like a dumbass.

Zaptruder

Banned
vazel said:
It was indeed really annoying. I hate it when games fuck with your vision and/or controls for effect. I knew something bad was going to happen when I got my biochip replaced but curiosity got the best of me. Now I know never to do that in future replays.
Yea I remember Jenson deducing he's Tong by the way the nearby bodyguard was acting.

It didn't just fuck with your controls - it kills your augs. You can't stealth... and I think even the passives like dermal armor have been taken off line (which doesn't really making sense).

vazel

Banned
Zaptruder said:
It didn't just fuck with your controls - it kills your augs. You can't stealth... and I think even the passives like dermal armor have been taken off line (which doesn't really making sense).
I only noticed that it fucked with your vision. Didn't take me long to kill him with mines to notice if anything else was fucked. But still, the flickering vision alone was really annoying especially since I get migraines easily.

Unknown Soldier said:
Goddamn. I played this game for 7 straight hours today. I haven't done that in years. This game is amazing.
Funny how there are some games that last 7 hours and you feel ripped off when you finish it. I paid full price for Kane & Lynch 2 and that was 4 hours long...

Wallach

Zaptruder said:

The 10mm is really a monster. To be honest I don't carry anything but the revolver and the 10mm. Both of them can use laser sights so I don't need to bother with iron sights and they both pretty much wreck everything. Their unique upgrades (explosive rounds/armor piercing rounds) seem head and shoulders above the other weapons to boot.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I noticed that Jensen acted unusually irrational and emotional is some cases during Detroit playthrough (like when talking to Haas). On the one hand he's predefined character and that makes him look more human. On the other hand their lead writer was a woman. I'm not talking "lulz women are emotional, irrational, can't write male characters for shit" but it's interesting to see these little differencies because it's very rare to see male characters express emotions in games if we don't count "I'LL BREAK YOUR FUCKING FACE BITCH" type of emotion.

also I really enjoy verbal battles. Generally dialogues are pretty ok, but in these cases they almost shine. It's very satisfying to choose different emotional approach and then vary it during the scene. I won only 1 battle out of three. Also I don't know if street talk sounds authentic but it's also done well in my opinion. I'm not native speaker though, so I can't judge.

10k replies! This thread will soon overtake the Crysis 2 one. Next milestone is The Witcher 2 @ 13k, then Red Dead @ 18k.

Killzone 2 with 33k replies is out of reach, though.

Zaptruder said:

I decided to pimp up my rifle. But I hardly use it because there's always the risk of alerting someone. So my main gun is the sun rifle. Love the lead addon that accounts for bullet drop and target speed.

I had some performance issues at first on my aging machine so I downloaded that Game Booster thing I read on GAF about and damn, this is a pretty game. It looks refreshingly different from all the other stuff and reminds me a bit of No More Heroes. It's certainly got a hint of cel-shading.

K701

Banned
This game looks so fucking good...I'm gonna say it's the best looking game I've played. It has so much vertical sights that I could swear they made it with Eyefinity 6 in mind...

IMG_0146.JPG

Need help

So im at the part where you have to disable a signal that Pritchard ask you about and how do you get pass the mines w/o triggering them?

Wanace

K701 said:
This game looks so fucking good...I'm gonna say it's the best looking game I've played. It has so much vertical sights that I could swear they made it with Eyefinity 6 in mind...

https://blu1.storage.live.com/items/2BFD5EB725C11B72!139:Scaled1024/IMG_0146.JPG
:drool

Aselith

K701 said:

https://blu1.storage.live.com/items/2BFD5EB725C11B72!139:Scaled1024/IMG_0146.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

Are you a supervillain by occupation?

Wanace

Cpt.Underpants said:
Need help

So im at the part where you have to disable a signal that Pritchard ask you about and how do you get pass the mines w/o triggering them?
I just shot them with my pistol, don't know if there is a stealthier way.

vazel

Banned
K701 said:

[IMG*]https://blu1.storage.live.com/items/2BFD5EB725C11B72!139:Scaled1024/IMG_0146.JPG[/IMG]
It makes me almost tear with joy imagining what playing a flightsim on that must be like. Too bad I can't afford to buy six IPS monitors.

wutwutwut

Cpt.Underpants said:
Need help

Crouch walk up to them, then press E. Mines detect both sound and movement.

Herla said:
To avoid mines you have to crouch AND walk at the same time. Then you can get close enough to disable and loot them.

Awesome, thanks

edit: If your playing on the PC ya need to press capslock or hold C while crouched resulting to an even more slower movement. Damn motion sensing mines

Wanace

vazel said:
It makes me almost tear with joy imagining what playing a flightsim on that must be like. Too bad I can't afford to buy six IPS monitors.
Yeah, I like how the picture of the monitors was done with some shitty phone camera considering how much his setup probably cost.

Salsa

you know i really wonder how you play like that

i mean, im not trying to be offensive, but its a real question

like, you clearly dont look at all of it at the same time, specially considering the size of the HUD. The main screen is still the main screen.

So arent you basically just narrowing down the FOV on the important screen and getting it all distorted in the rest? looks like a fisheye camera, must look weird in motion tbh.

I might get it for other games, but cant imagine liking it on an FPS.

Jintor

Cpt.Underpants said:
Awesome, thanks

Oh that explains it. I was able to get super-up-close back in Detroit but one blew up on me while I thought I was way out of the circle of detection in China.

Wallach

Herla said:
To avoid mines you have to crouch AND walk at the same time. Then you can get close enough to disable and loot them.

Oh, ok. So far when I've encountered them I've just played Donkey Kong with them. I kinda forgot there was even a run/walk toggle.

SalsaShark said:
you know i really wonder how you play like that

i mean, im not trying to be offensive, but its a real question

like, you clearly dont look at all of it at the same time, specially considering the size of the HUD. The main screen is still the main screen.

So arent you basically just narrowing down the FOV on the important screen and getting it all distorted in the rest? looks like a fisheye camera, must look weird in motion tbh.

I might get it for other games, but cant imagine liking it on an FPS.
You're not supposed to look at the other screens directly. They act as purely peripheral vision. The main screen looks the same as it would, but you get a more immersive viewpoint.

Aselith

Herla said:

Haha I just shot them with my stun gun. I'll have to try that next go around.

Salsa

StoppedInTracks said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6JTvzrpBy0

This E3 2010 trailer is when game GOT HYPE. I started being a believer right back then.

everyone got stoked first with that trailer man

Its probably my favorite videogame trailer ever.

Rickenslacker said:
You're not supposed to look at the other screens directly. They act as purely peripheral vision. The main screen looks the same as it would, but you get a more immersive viewpoint.

uhg, i dont know man, i mean, the fov you set is for the whole image, so basically you're taking stuff you see on a regular screen to peripheral screens that youre not supposed to look at directly.

Its like playing 3 inches away from a 50inch monitor or something.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
K701 said:

https://blu1.storage.live.com/items/2BFD5EB725C11B72!139:Scaled1024/IMG_0146.JPG

Holy shit. I'm IN the Matrix. o.o

And here I thought I was being expensive in considering 3 Monitor set up.

SalsaShark said:
uhg, i dont know man, i mean, the fov you set is for the whole image, so basically you're taking stuff you see on a regular screen to peripheral screens that youre not supposed to look at directly.

Its like playing 3 inches away from a 50inch monitor or something.
The view of the main screen is the same as it ever was, you're just getting a shitload more to see in the surrounding view.

Top Bottom