• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

EmCeeGramr said:
I don't think you're even really "crippled"
people say your augs still work, your HUD's just fucked up.
I hear it's bugged. Some people can use their augs and some cannot. Either way, they shouldn't have gotten the biochip. It was so obvious that it was a trap.

heliosRAzi said:
I hear it's bugged. Some people can use their augs and some cannot. Either way, they shouldn't have gotten the biochip. It was so obvious that it was a trap.

I was almost certain that it was a trap and yet I still got it replaced...lol

Discotheque said:
I was almost certain that it was a trap and yet I still got it replaced...lol
KuGsj.gif

Kintaro said:
Sorry to say this, but suck less would you? Pay attention to the game. You deserve what you got if you were "crippled" during the third boss.

I payed extremely close attention and knew that there would be repercussions for my choice. The repercussions are stupid and lazy.

EmCeeGramr said:
I don't think you're even really "crippled"
people say your augs still work, your HUD's just fucked up.

No you're crippled.
None of my EMP shielding, flash suppressant or activated augs work. You should go back to tutorial level Jensen without any augs if you make that choice.

Qwomo

jim-jam bongs said:
I payed extremely close attention and knew that there would be repercussions for my choice. The repercussions are stupid and lazy.

No you're crippled.
None of my EMP shielding, flash suppressant or activated augs work. You should go back to tutorial level Jensen without any augs if you make that choice.
Nah the repercussions are fun and neat.

It really is amazing how so many people
fell for the biochip. EVERY augmented person got a debilitating glitch at the same time? And it's just coincidentally during all the mess going on in the world right now? Even some of the Hengsha gangsters point out how unfeasible it is, especially since there are an array of different aug manufacturers who each use their own proprietary biochip designs. Not only that, but scientists in Tai Yong are talking about some "new chip design" when you visit there.

Heck, if you go back and listen to the opening cutscene, you hear the shadowy figures talking about a "recall" soon!

jim-jam bongs said:

guys i smashed my fingers with a hammer and the world responded with some really stupid and lazy repercussions: i couldn't move my fingers any more. what idiots. try something original and less punishing less time, morans

truly101 said:
I just got to the first boss fight and wow is it awful. Is the best way to kill this guy pick up explosive or poison cannisters and throw them at him? Guns aren't doing shit. This is ruining the fun I was having.
If you have any grenades, two or three of those + a few well-placed pistol shots to the head did the job for me.

Oppo

TenshiOni said:
What? You should be able to aim when out of cover. Could do it on the PC with the middle mouse button. Try whatever button gives you iron sights on the PS3 version.
Unless I missed something major, you can't. L1 is aim/cover. It does nothing at all when you are just standing somewhere. You can aim with the right stick obviously but it's not an iron sights view. Did I miss a control somehow?

*sigh*. Looks like i'm one of "those" gamers. Tried playing the original Deus Ex to satisfy my current deus ex high after beating HR. and i cant. I dont know if its my GPU, but the enviorments just look wrong even though the game runs smooth. Its just so ugly!

Invisible War was my first deus ex experience and i loved it on the xbox. Sacrilege to you master race folks, i know.

Guess i will finish that second playthrough of HR

Well
I had been doing excellent on "Give Me Deus Ex" mode up until the first boss battle. 10+ upgraded magnum shots to the face wasnt cutting it whatsover. All of my augments have gone into hacking and stealth so my dermal upgrades are still at their lowest. I was getting mowed down in a second or two at full health. Had to downgrade the difficulty level to beat him. Goodbye trophy... =/

EmCeeGramr said:
guys i smashed my fingers with a hammer and the world responded with some really stupid and lazy repercussions: i couldn't move my fingers any more. what idiots. try something original and less punishing less time, morans

Yeah, I know you struggle to argue at a level beyond small minded sarcasm but c'mon. My response to this post was in the very post you quoted. You actually had to edit it to miss the point.

Branson

PortTwo said:
Unless I missed something major, you can't. L1 is aim/cover. It does nothing at all when you are just standing somewhere. You can aim with the right stick obviously but it's not an iron sights view. Did I miss a control somehow?
Click R3?

EmCeeGramr said:
It really is amazing how so many people
fell for the biochip. EVERY augmented person got a debilitating glitch at the same time? And it's just coincidentally during all the mess going on in the world right now? Even some of the Hengsha gangsters point out how unfeasible it is, especially since there are an array of different aug manufacturers who each use their own proprietary biochip designs. Not only that, but scientists in Tai Yong are talking about some "new chip design" when you visit there.

Heck, if you go back and listen to the opening cutscene, you hear the shadowy figures talking about a "recall" soon!

Not only that, but
if you actually took the time to read emails at TYM, you would see that the Zhao wanted biochips manufactured and delivered to LIMB clinics extremely quickly

Regarding Adam Jensen (don't highlight unless you beat the game)
We know he's a test tube baby, however that nurse who saved him from the fire said that Adam should be 12 or 13 years old now. Now, I'm thinking it may have been just the senility kicking in, but could he have experienced accelerated growth? I know it sounds outlandish (hehe, outlandish in a series with the Illuminati and greys) so I'm going with the senility explanation

jim-jam bongs said:
Yeah, I know you struggle to argue at a level beyond small minded sarcasm but c'mon. My response to this post was in the very post you quoted. You actually had to edit it to miss the point.
Your idea was terrible.

You're just upset that you made a bad decision and the game punished you for it.

Reclaimer

myself said:
Also, I didn't realize till a couple hours in that I hadn't put in my preorder code for the silenced sniper rifle. I just put the code in and downloaded the bonus, loaded my game, but can't find it anywhere. Help?

Well, restarted the whole game on a hunch, and before the first mission a box pops up saying "Thanks for your preorder! Here's all your items"

Thanks Eidos! I was so excited to play that I checked the manual and popped in the game. Hours later, I enter the bonus items code only to find I can't use it unless I enter the code BEFORE starting a new game. No mention of this unfortunate circumstance in the manual or on the preorder bonus code paper.

Sigh. I asked for this, I suppose.

On the plus side, I'll just see this as a re-roll on my character. ;)

jim-jam bongs said:
Why was it terrible? Use the story and game universe to explain your reason.

Wait... I'm re-reading your post... and that's exactly what the game does. I'm confused at what point you're actually making now.

heliosRAzi said:
Not only that, but
if you actually took the time to read emails at TYM, you would see that the Zhao wanted biochips manufactured and delivered to LIMB clinics extremely quickly

Regarding Adam Jensen (don't highlight unless you beat the game)
We know he's a test tube baby, however that nurse who saved him from the fire said that Adam should be 12 or 13 years old now. Now, I'm thinking it may have been just the senility kicking in, but could he have experienced accelerated growth? I know it sounds outlandish (hehe, outlandish in a series with the Illuminati and greys) so I'm going with the senility explanation

I dont know man. The woman has serious memory issues. I just chalked it up to that. Adam would know if what you said was true that he was different

damn that's nice

TenshiOni said:
What? You should be able to aim when out of cover. Could do it on the PC with the middle mouse button. Try whatever button gives you iron sights on the PS3 version.

Haha, awesome.
hi i like your avatar sorry if this is OT

PortTwo said:
Like Branson said, my only suggestion would be to try R3. I'd be really surprised if iron sights was removed from the console version.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Violater said:
The hive security terminal is a pain in the ass.

I knocked the guy looking at it out, dragged him to behind the bar, waited until the Alarmed status was over, and proceeded to hack the terminal.

the 'Making of' is worth watching. cool how Eidos Montreal didn't exist until mid-2007 and was essentially assembled to make Deus Ex 3. The first teaser was released a few months later in November 2007.

from what I understand, the team Thief 4 aren't the same people who made DXHR, but still Eidos Montreal, right? I'm just wondering if it's going to be another long wait until the next one.

heliosRAzi said:
Regarding Taggart
I want to replay the game now so I can kill him at the convention center
You can't. Him in the convention center, and Tong are the only two invincible NPCs in the game, unless I'm missing another one.

Facism

truly101 said:
I just got to the first boss fight and wow is it awful. Is the best way to kill this guy pick up explosive or poison cannisters and throw them at him? Guns aren't doing shit. This is ruining the fun I was having.

EMP grenade > full clip from assault rifle to the head > EMP grenade > full clip from assault rifle to head > dead in 30 seconds.

Angelus Errare said:
Not even trying to be a dick so don't take it as such. But in the time from when you posted that and the time I responded...wouldn't it have been much quicker to just...check?

But to answer your question there is augmentation section dedicated to stealth gameplay. It's quite hard
of course I know there are upgrades. But with the upgrades I see now, there's no option to add a real mini map that shows jensons surroundings, like the one in mgs. Now I only have symbols of enemies with cones of vision.
And god damn the load time, its like 10% of my playtime is spent staring at the load screens.

x3sphere

jim-jam bongs said:
1st boss is cake.
2nd boss is tough but mostly fair.
3rd boss is utter bullshit.

DON'T INCREASE THE DIFFICULTY BY CRIPPLING THE PLAYER. IT IS FRUSTRATING AND AWFUL GAME DESIGN.

I thought 1 and 3 were easy. 2nd one took me awhile

Qwomo

EmCeeGramr said:
You can't. Him in the convention center, and Tong are the only two invincible NPCs in the game, unless I'm missing another one.
Also regarding Taggart
I knocked him out in the very end because I was tired of his bullshit. Probably could've killed him, too. I think all the main characters are killable in that last set piece.

EmCeeGramr said:
Wait... I'm re-reading your post... and that's exactly what the game does. I'm confused at what point you're actually making now.

Because
instead of deactivating augmentations they cause them to malfunction, rendering the person with them largely useless for anything, which makes using it as a control device worthless. It's also inconsistent with the first game, where a kill switch literally exploded someone, so the threat of it being triggered functioned as the control mechanism which kept them in line.

So this is a different type of kill switch obviously, one which is designed to keep the general populace in line so maybe causing their heads to pop is a bad idea. Don't you think just powering down their non-essential augmentations would make more sense? Obviously there are people in the world of HR with augmentations which are kind of like prosthesis, so essential functions would have to be maintained.

Frankly they could have done any number of things to make the decision more meaningful. My way means that the choice becomes whether to
fight as a human or a cyborg, which to me seems like a much more meaningful decision in the context than whether to fight as a cyborg or a fucked up cyborg.

syoaran

The music for this.... I've gone back to replay some sections and I ripped the music out of the game. It's just amazing. Really needs a deluxe soundtrack to come out with various mixes ASAP

jim-jam bongs said:
Because
instead of deactivating augmentations they cause them to malfunction, rendering the person with them largely useless for anything, which makes using it as a control device worthless. It's also inconsistent with the first game, where a kill switch literally exploded someone, so the threat of it being triggered functioned as the control mechanism which kept them in line.

So this is a different type of kill switch obviously, one which is designed to keep the general populace in line so maybe causing their heads to pop is a bad idea. Don't you think just powering down their non-essential augmentations would make more sense? Obviously there are people in the world of HR with augmentations which are kind of like prosthesis, so essential functions would have to be maintained.

Frankly they could have done any number of things to make the decision more meaningful. My way means that the choice becomes whether to
fight as a human or a cyborg, which to me seems like a much more meaningful decision in the context than whether to fight as a cyborg or a fucked up cyborg.

That's exactly what the biochip is meant to do. Listen to Taggart in the endgame, or any of the other people who talk about it, it's meant to power down "powers" that are too strong and give augmented people a huge advantage over "all naturals." Zhao fucks up your special powers because that's what's making you more than human, but you can still move your arms and legs. If there's anything worse than that, it's because Zhao wants you dead, and Darrow wants to betray the Illuminati by ruining the entire augmentation business by turning into a jury-rigged killswitch.

syoaran said:
The music for this.... I've gone back to replay some sections and I ripped the music out of the game. It's just amazing. Really needs a deluxe soundtrack to come out with various mixes ASAP

The menu music makes me not want to hit "Continue".

Echoplx

belvedere said:
Does it have any long lasting affect in the game if i don't?

Yes. You can't live with yourself after letting those innocent people die and you jump from the window of your apartment.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I can't seem to run this game without it being choppy as hell or crashing. I originally had most everything set to high, but the framerate was bad. I lowered the settings, now it will crash when I start it up of when I go into the menu.

I'm no PC Gaming expert. I have an quad i7 and GTX460, can someone give me recommended settings? I never asked for this.

EmCeeGramr said:
That's exactly what the biochip is meant to do. Listen to Taggart in the endgame, or any of the other people who talk about it, it's meant to power down "powers" that are too strong. Zhao fucks up your special powers because that's what's making you more than human, but you can still move your arms and legs. If there's anything worse than that, it's because Zhao wants you dead.

Okay, well I think you may have just spoiled the ending for me. I'm actually fighting the 3rd boss between posts.

dankir

So any word on the non lethal kills? I'm tranq'd some of the gang members some die instantly, some die later, etc :(

I want to do a no kill no alarm run, but lots of stupid glitches :(

FIX IT EIDOS!!

Top Bottom