• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Ken

Violater said:
The hive security terminal is a pain in the ass.
If you have problems with the guard, knock him out, drag his body into the mini-bar, and wait for the other guard that checks to leave.

If you're having problems with the hack, try adding some points to Hacking: Stealth.

Coxswain

EmCeeGramr said:
You can't. Him in the convention center, and Tong are the only two invincible NPCs in the game, unless I'm missing another one.
Malik, at the end of
the Milwaukee mission. A huge disappointment for my second 'Genocide Jensen' playthrough :(

EmCeeGramr said:
Oops, by the way you were talking I assumed you already got there.

Don't worry about it, it's my fault for trying to have a discussion around major themes in the game before I've finished it. From the sounds of things my issue with the fight is explained afterwards so I might revisit this in an hour or two.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuck.

The FMV that plays in Jensen's apartment with Sarif (after finishing
the Picus excursion and talking to Eliza
) keeps freezing up on me. The game just hangs there even if I try to skip the video.

I wish they just did all of the movies using the in-game engine.

scitek

Put a few hours in today. God I love being an asshole. I punched Megan's mom out cold and she's still slumped over the bench lol. I told one guy I'd help him out then turned around and knocked him out and stole his shit. The place where that dancer is is littered with bodies. So fun.

The aesthetic and atmosphere remind me a lot of the SNES Shadowrun. Anyone else see that?

Violater

Sub_Level said:
I knocked the guy looking at it out, dragged him to behind the bar, waited until the Alarmed status was over, and proceeded to hack the terminal.

I was the hack itself that was difficult silly me

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
dankir said:
So any word on the non lethal kills? I'm tranq'd some of the gang members some die instantly, some die later, etc :(

I want to do a no kill no alarm run, but lots of stupid glitches :(

FIX IT EIDOS!!

The tranq gun itself is very inconsistent.

Usually headshots will be an instant tranq and bodyshots will take a bit but sometimes it does glitch.

Enco

Just reached Shanghai.

Thought Detroit was amazing but damn! Going into things with no knowledge of what's to come makes everything 10000x more satisfying.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Pancakes said:
The tranq gun itself is very inconsistent.

Usually headshots will be an instant tranq and bodyshots will take a bit but sometimes it does glitch.
Headshots with the Tranq are faster but can at times kill, and as far as I know, that's intended.

graywolf323

shintoki said:
I don't really see Deus Ex, Dark Souls, or Witcher 2 having a fighting chance for much with most of the media. But I think these three are going to preform exceptionally well on Gaf's list at the end of the year.

well remember, GameSpot did give GOTY to Demon's Souls so it's always possible

Sir Fragula said:
I'm having trouble doing a non-lethal takedown of Barrett...

doesn't matter, bosses don't count

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just got the heavy rifle and a bunch of ammo, and I'm at the second boss. Is the Heavy Rifle the best method for taking out this boss?

Okay, I finished this a couple hours or so ago. I'll just sum up my feelings in a couple of words. Absolutely brilliant.

I would delve into more, but majority here have already said what's needed to be said about this game. It's smart, interesting and one of the best games this gen, and one of the best in recent gaming memory. I would love to see another one, especially with Jensen.

One thing I will say, the atmosphere in this game is impeccable. Only in games like Red Dead, Fallout, Assassins Creed and a few others do I feel so immersed in a world. DE HR has certainly joined the pack.

syoaran said:
The music for this.... I've gone back to replay some sections and I ripped the music out of the game. It's just amazing. Really needs a deluxe soundtrack to come out with various mixes ASAP

Yes! The music is orgasmic! McCann did a marvelous job! I'm listening to the soundtrack now, but I swear, there's a bunch of songs missing from it. Like the song that plays in Adams apartment, it's really sad. Anyone know how to find these others?

Edit: I think the apartment song is the "LIMB clinic" track. So hauntingly beautiful.

Edit 2: Okay it's not, it's called Adam Jensens Apartment. The above still stands though. :)

Once again, really magnificent game. Absolutely loved it to death.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The Xtortionist said:
Nope. Just keep shooting her with the
stun gun
and you can't lose.
I don't have a stun gun. That doesn't help me!

Kalnos said:
I used my pistol on the second and third boss.
I've got an explosive revolver, and a tarted out 10mm. I'll try the 10mm and see how that goes.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Great game. I hope we move to blu-ray ROMs soon. CG was really compressed, so compressed that my real-time graphics arguably looked better.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
thetrin said:

Hope you bought the sprint upgrade!

In all seriousness,
I beat her using a combination of the heavy MG and EMP grenades.

thetrin said:

I've got an explosive revolver, and a tarted out 10mm. I'll try the 10mm and see how that goes.

K, then go Typhoon, revolver shot, repeat until dead.

Typhoon is amazing against bosses.

teh_pwn

thetrin said:

Game has stun guns and darts all over the place. I would recommend upgrading your arms so you get more capacity. There are parts of the game where one type of ammo is rare for a couple of hours.

thetrin

The Xtortionist said:
K, then go Typhoon, revolver shot, repeat until dead.

Typhoon is amazing against bosses.
I also don't have Typhoon.

Solo

Just finished Hengsha and landed in Montreal. Hmm....Hengsha was definitely shorter than Detroit. I'm at 16 hours played so far.

Yai Tong Medical infiltration has easily been the best mission of the game so far.

teh_pwn

thetrin said:
I also don't have Typhoon.

I never got it either. I found dodging and spamming shotgun at bosses (generally aiming at the head) the easiest way to kill.

Jarlaxle

belvedere said:
1st real mission question.

Can you go back and rescue the hostages after obtaining the typhoon? I can't find the office now.

Yes you can. I missed it and had a save right before the end of that mission. I was able to go back and rescue them and finish the mission.

thetrin

teh_pwn said:
Game has stun guns and darts all over the place. I would recommend upgrading your arms so you get more capacity. There are parts of the game where one type of ammo is rare for a couple of hours.
I already used my capacity upgrades on my 10mm, combat rifle and silenced sniper.

Just beat it. 55 hours. This is my game of the year. Eidos Montreal did one Hell of a job. I'm just floored at how well everything came together.

I just have four more achievements and I'll have all of them. Time for a completely non-lethal run on Give Me Deus Ex!

Ken

Jarlaxle said:
Yes you can. I missed it and had a save right before the end of that mission. I was able to go back and rescue them and finish the mission.

Really?
In my first play through, right before the room with Zeke, I checked my main mission's secondary objective (free the hostages) and it disappeared, so I assumed it not able to be completed by then.

thetrin

Ken said:
He meant upgrading your total inventory slots through the Arm Augmentation tree.
Oh, well yeah, i don't have the praxis to spend right now.

Arrgh! I've heard a number of times that "you get plenty of Praxis points".

(I'm still in Detroit
right after to stop the hacker using the communication tower in "D-Row"
)

I definitely, definitely don't have as many Praxis points as I would like to have. : /

Or maybe I've put too much into hacking too soon.

Kalnos

Banned
Ken said:
Really?
In my first play through, right before the room with Zeke, I checked my main mission's secondary objective (free the hostages) and it disappeared, so I assumed it not able to be completed by then.

I think the bomb goes off after a certain amount of time. If you wait around at Sarif too long they're dead when you get there I heard.

thetrin

bigdaddygamebot said:
Arrgh! I've heard a number of times that "you get plenty of Praxis points".

(I'm still in Detroit
right after to stop the hacker using the communication tower in "D-Row"
)

I definitely, definitely don't have as many Praxis points as I would like to have. : /

Or maybe I've put too much into hacking too soon.
They start to become more common as you get farther in the game.

Anilusion said:
Lethal and non-lethal takedowns are equally fun because they have the same outcome. In real life you would obviously be lethal, or else the probability of you being caught would increase substantially, not to mention it's pretty hard to knock someone out for an extended period of time without causing serious damage any ways.

Top Bottom