• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Solo

The Xtortionist said:
He was in a credits picture with some of the Eidos Montreal guys. Some impressions would be really fun to read.

Spector should come over to Eidos Montreal and be the creative lead on their next DX game starring JC Denton.

/dream

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So, LTTP and all, but I just finished my initial 5 hours of this. I was skeptical beforehand, but goddamn. This is Deus Ex. Beautiful experience in this day and age to not have your hand held every step of the way. (assuming you turn off glow and mission reticle) .

Either way, this is a worthy successor to one of the greatest games of all times.

Solo

The Stealth Fox said:
Yes, so he can give us Invisible War 2.

Glass half empty kinda guy, eh? The whole IW team was pretty open and candid about their failure with that game, chief among them Spector. They know they fucked up, and they know how/why.

So you say "yes, so he can give us Invisible War 2" whereas I say "so he can work with the HR team to give us Deus Ex 2".

Solo said:
Man, Detroit under martial law is some shit. Some hobo was down in Earl's Court trying to give a speech to lead the uprising. I knocked his shit back to 2015.

I also got a Jack Kevorkian achievement. LOL.
You actually knocked him to 2052, considering he was ranting about
a sickness coming, gray and deadly, coming on the backs of twelve kings.

Neiteio

Solo said:
Glass half empty kinda guy, eh? The whole IW team was pretty open and candid about their failure with that game, chief among them Spector. They know they fucked up, and they know how/why.

So you say "yes, so he can give us Invisible War 2" whereas I say "so he can work with the HR team to give us Deus Ex 2".
Spector's redemption...

*sheds one manly tear from his retractable wraparound sunglasses*

Solo

Exactly! I'd love to see him get a chance to un-sully his good name.

Stallion Free said:
Tai Yong was awesome. Especially the transition area.

YTM is the best mission in the game, at least as far as your return to Detroit.

A neat touch in Tai Yong Medical is talking to a security guard,
and Adam using corporate jargon about security protocols that remind you that, yeah, technically his job is the head of a company's security department.

That also made Sarif Industries a cool place. Everyone knew who you were, rumors of what was going on behind the scenes flew around, the guards actually called you "boss," etc.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Solo said:
I'm only about two-thirds into it. Story so far is pulpy conspiracy fun like DX1 without yet hitting the heights/memorable characters of DX1. As for tie-ins, so far its mostly been some name-dropping and the occasional piece of imagery. Like, in Montreal you walk into a building and see
a giant hand holding a globe
, like in the MJ-12 building in DX1.

Though they are just name drops, they're also pretty relevant to the saga. The
Picus building
does a good job of pointing out that
Morgan Everett is CEO and still has power, especially with early atificial intellgience like Eliza.
The game also mentions that
VersaLife is the leading supplier of neuropozyne to Sarif Industries, which makes perfect sense.

Solo

EatChildren said:
Though they are just name drops, they're also pretty relevant to the saga. The
Picus building
does a good job of pointing out that
Morgan Everett is CEO and still has power, especially with early atificial intellgience like Eliza.
The game also mentions that
VersaLife is the leading supplier of neuropozyne to Sarif Industries, which makes perfect sense.

Yup, caught (and appreciated) both of those e-mails.

nataku

Has anyone else come across a HUD glitch that puts it... off center?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558666021238468403/D07F3EFE8686A14651B29714A2DBDA0679CA168E/

Changing resolutions didn't fix it, nor did changing aspect ratios manually to 16:10 (1920x1200). I guess it doesn't really matter since I was able to load a previous save that was pretty close to where I was, but still. Knowing a solution to it would be nice in case it happens again and I can't load a previous save without losing a ton of progress.

Solo said:

Sadly I don't think these guys are interested in going beyond Deus Ex.

They're probably gonna make a series of prequels, possibly all starring Jensen.

Ourobolus

Banned
nataku said:
Has anyone else come across a HUD glitch that puts it... off center?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558666021238468403/D07F3EFE8686A14651B29714A2DBDA0679CA168E/

Changing resolutions didn't fix it, nor did changing aspect ratios manually to 16:10 (1920x1200). I guess it doesn't really matter since I was able to load a previous save that was pretty close to where I was, but still. Knowing a solution to it would be nice in case it happens again and I can't load a previous save without losing a ton of progress.
That's the only bug I've come across so far, and reloading the save fixes it for me.

Neiteio

Discotheque said:
Sadly I don't think these guys are interested in going beyond Deus Ex.

They're probably gonna make a series of prequels, possibly all starring Jensen.
So is Thief 4 the next game Eidos Montreal is working on? These guys are 2011's Rocksteady, if you ask me.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
This games crashes almost every time I go into the menu to Load or mess with the controls. Anyone else having this problem?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Neiteio said:
So is Thief 4 the next game Eidos Montreal is working on? These guys are 2011's Rocksteady, if you ask me.

As far as I'm aware, yes, Thief 4 is their next game.

I was in Hengsha talking to Malik and her lines started getting all fucked up (360 version.) Happen to anyone else? Like, Adam would ask a question, then immediately say something else, or she would only say one part of her dialogue. It was really weird and I'm nervous it'll happen again.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Solo said:
YTM is the best mission in the game, at least as far as your return to Detroit.
I definitely feel that it is between YTM and the 2nd to last mission. Both of them let had the best use of skills in my mind.

Man, this game is taking me forever. I played a ton this weekend and I'm just now getting ready to go to TYM. I'm on PS3 so I don't know how long I've played but I would guess it's somewhere around 25-30 hours. I'm pretty impressed that so many of you guys have beaten the game already.

I just love the atmosphere and environments in this game. I can't remember the last time I was so focused on one game for a period of a week or so. I haven't wanted to play anything else and that's a rare thing for me.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Beat it; saw all four endings; going to sell it away and prepare for the holidays. For the most part, it was enjoyable. It had its drawbacks, but it's upsides outweigh the downsides. It's most definitely better than Invisible War and plays better than the original, but doesn't have the same impact that the original left on me.

nemesun

Just finished it, the final clock reads 32.9h. What an awesome game, definitely right up there with the first and most certainly a GOTY contender.

nemesun

Neuromancer said:
Help needed on a side mission in Lower Hengsha (called Shanghai Justice):

I got Evelyn's autopsy report from Anonymous X but I can't find it anywhere.

Any advice on where to find it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Go to your item menu and click on "quest items" you can view it there.

Dreweyes

Made a Deus Ex GAF shirt a little while back, thoughts?
Ideas? :)

yvAOF.png

zlatko

Banned
Why can't the rocket launcher actually be flipped in your inventory? I thought I was going crazy so I dropped everything except it, and smacked X, held X, 900 times and it wouldn't me flip the thing so I could save room. :/

Spookie

EatChildren said:
As far as I'm aware, yes, Thief 4 is their next game.

There are glimpses of posters for Thief 4 in the credits so it seems likely. Though I'd like to see what they will do next with Deus Ex
especially after that Bob Page ending

I decided to raid the police station from the roof and punched out most of the guys on the 2nd and 3rd floor. After taking care of business in the morgue I snuck my way out but left the building "alarmed". Problem is that whenever I go through the front door to talke to Wagner everyone opens fire on me, am I screwed?

nemesun

Red Blaster said:
I decided to raid the police station from the roof and punched out most of the guys on the 2nd and 3rd floor. After taking care of business in the morgue I snuck my way out but left the building "alarmed". Problem is that whenever I go through the front door to talke to Wagner everyone opens fire on me, am I screwed?
Load into another area and come back, that will do the trick.

Red Blaster said:
I would sneak back in the the way you originally went, wait until the alarmed status goes away, and then leave and casually stroll in the front door.

Neiteio

Red Blaster said:
Can't you just access the building from another direction and wait inside until the alarm status subsides, and then re-enter the lobby to talk to Wag-dawg?

Deadbeat

Banned
disappeared said:
This bodes extremely well for Thief 4.
Not a guarantee. The reason HR fared so well is because Square Enix didnt interfere with development. If they dont interfere with Thief 4 then we are set. But that ultimately will depend on sales.

Solo said:
Man, Detroit under martial law is some shit. Some hobo was down in Earl's Court trying to give a speech to lead the uprising. I knocked his shit back to 2015.

I also got a Jack Kevorkian achievement. LOL.
I was about to throw a dumpster at him until I realised he was a prophet. So I listened to what he had to say, then hit him with the dumpster.

Jarmel

Banned
Anyway just left Detroit and now in China. I like the game but there are some flaws with it. The first being the godawful cutscenes. What the hell? Could someone atleast check this stuff before they ship it out. Also character animations during dialogue is pretty horrible and facial details are also pretty bad. Another thing that is absolutely astounding is why they put boss battles in that are combat oriented in nature. "Let's have a whole bunch of ways to play the game then force you to play a very specific way for bosses".

Okay turns it out was some odd glitch where only the first floor of the station had the alarmed status. I just went through the front door and hid behind the column until it ran out.

Deadbeat

Banned
commissar said:
Any bets on what gets announced in what..19 hours?

DLC?

Thief 4 release date :D?
Im not expecting thief 4 till 2013. I hope for endgame DLC for more closure (I liked the Witcher 2 ending info dump).

Top Bottom