• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Twinduct

Yeah this is pointless. 10 crashes in two hours. Fuck this game.
Updated drivers, running in low/ med/ high made no difference.
Will format next week, hopefully by then the game is patched some more.

stuminus3

Epyon MX said:
I get that, but at the same time, this game is set in the time when all of the augmentation is just starting to happen. Of course that's what people are going to be talking about. This is a huge shift in human development.

Deus Ex is set 30 years after HR, so it makes sense that people aren't talking about that anymore. It's been settled (for better or worse, which the game explores). And IW is set 50 years after HR, so even moreso.
I understand what you mean about augmentation being a hot topic during the time HR takes place, but I didn't mean that DX and IW didn't have people constantly talking about augmentation, I meant that they were far more transparent in their respective themes than HR is (again, especially IW, which for better or worse largely lets you decide for yourself what the theme even is).

syllogism

Ruuppa said:
Just try to sneak up to the targets while they're talking, if they are. Usually they leave on different routes after they finish talking, and you'll miss out on the dual takedown.

End of the game screenshot:
DeusExEnd.jpg

I finished with about 2k more XP, and that's with a few missing ghost bonuses because I stopped caring. You must have missed a few praxis points somewhere as I ended up with 3 more.

Ruuppa

Majukun said:
where can i keep my items when i don't wanna take them with me?
Drop them on the floor of a hub and pray they don't disappear. There's no containers to keep them in, so that's the only way to store items.

They do have pretty good longevity in that regard, though.
I left some guns lying about in the DRB territory, and on my second visit to Detroit, they were still there.

hiverbon

Neo Member
Twinduct said:

On Dx11? Try just turning that off or upping the voltage with afterburner or similar, apparently a voltage problem with 560/570/580 cards on dx11.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ruuppa said:
Drop them on the floor of a hub and pray they don't disappear. There's no containers to keep them in, so that's the only way to store items.

They do have pretty good longevity in that regard, though.
I left some guns lying about in the DRB territory, and on my second visit to Detroit, they were still there.

Do you even need to pray in this game? It seems like it remembers literally everything, I haven't see a case of vanishing items(or see any posts about it).

Enco said:
I feel sorry for those that didn't stealth the police station. You really missed out.

I feel awesome when doing stealth. I guess it's down the the person playing.

I've only played the first boss but had no issue with my stealth focus. Just make sure you have a pistol and a few grenades.

I don't get those saying bosses are tough. They're not (at least the first).

The bosses are kinda tough until you realize to use everything around you.

This is very much a thinking man's game. I tend to think "How can I shoot him in the face without alerting his friend?" but that's because I enjoy shooting people.

The exploration is great, and so is the hacking. It would be great if there was an iPhone version of the hacking game that connected to your save game, but no dice.

Dresden

first boss -

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

(so glad I carried the four I disabled back in DRB all the way up to that point)

Dresden said:
first boss -

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

(so glad I carried the four I disabled back in DRB all the way up to that point)

Hell, I didn't know you could disable them. (how did you do it if I ever come across some again?)

masterkajo

Dresden said:
first boss -

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

I just defeat him. For me it was more like:

EMP grenade

6 Revolver shots to the head

EMP grenade

6 Revolver shots to the head

BTW. How do you disable mines? When I try to get close they explode. Do I need to have cloak for this? Because so far I am playing stealthy and hacking and havn't gotten cloak. It is a challange though.

Thanks guys. :)

Deadbeat said:
Good to know. Ima do that next time. I was trying to do it like Deus Ex and just run up and tap the button before it blows.

Yup, I was doing the exact same thing. Force of habit, I guess.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Lyphen said:
Crouch + Walk, for complete silence.

Holy shit, there's a walk button? Haha, I had no idea you could disarm those explosives.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So does dx11 actually add anything? I can't say I see the tessellation in effect.

Facism

Dresden said:
first boss -

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

stun gun

frag mine

for me it was

Emp nade

Full Assault rifle clip to the head

Emp nade

full Assault rifle clip to the head.

30 second job.

Emp nades proper fuck it up.

Dipper145

Just did what I assume was the 2nd boss in
montreal
, and the boss got stuck on a corner charging me, so i was unable to unload clips of the heavy machine gun into it and just win, I feel like I cheated, but that's what happened the first time fighting that boss so I don't feel too bad.

when i approach mines (crouching) they explode as soon as they detect me. O__O

it was a boobie-trapped room in an apartment building. there are 2 mines placed on the walls. one right inside the door and the other across the room from the door. they both simultaneously exploded when i entered the room.

i ended up just shooting at them from a distance and then entering. :\

Trevelyon

Dammit, just wiped two hours of progression off my game. Screwed up the Doctrine trophy
didn't realize Tong's office is completely inaccessible outside of that one instance where you meet him at the bar and he allows you down to his office.

Originally went through the vents and inadvertently killed that chance with the Van Bruggen cutscene, unbeknownst to myself. Considering all the Lvl. 5 security panels in Hive, I thought one was sure to lead in some way to his office, but no, his door is office is basically locked hard, so I wasted time building up Aug points for higher level panel hacks.

But I had one save of many just early enough to put me right where I needed to be to fix it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Son of a bitch, I tried the DX1 method of disarming them and blew myself to pieces and just assumed you couldn't do it.

x3sphere

Twinduct said:

Did not experience a single crash in my 40 hour playthrough. Alt+tab worked fine too.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
DTKT said:
His eyes are freaking me out.

Though, I really can't see the difference between the two screenshots.

Look at the edges on his silhouette. It's much more rounded when tessellation is turned on.

Aselith

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
when i approach mines (crouching) they explode as soon as they detect me. O__O

it was a boobie-trapped room in an apartment building. there are 2 mines placed on the walls. one right inside the door and the other across the room from the door. they both simultaneously exploded when i entered the room.

i ended up just shooting at them from a distance and then entering. :\
Go slowly.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Zefah said:
The use of tessellation...

I see, thank you, that's quite the subtle difference. Given this fact, does anybody know how to force external AA in deus ex hr with inspector?

I've used all three of these :

1Ce0H.gif

qbAhS.gif

zym3M.gif

But none of them seem to work for me, also worth pointing out is that these settings were from the days of the leak, so I don't know if somehow the AA bits have suddenly changed for retail. Nonetheless it would be very nice if someone could find a way to force SGSSAA.

LordPhoque said:
So how do you beat the first boss with a stealth build and only a shotgun with two cartridges ? :/
Throw explosive barrels at him, aim for his body, because they have a weird arc that tends to go higher than your reticule.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LordPhoque said:
So how do you beat the first boss with a stealth build and only a shotgun with two cartridges ? :/
Do you have any frag grenades? 3 of those and a few bullets will drop him fast.

Kazzy

LordPhoque said:

Is that your only weapon? Or you only offensive one? If you have the stun gun you can just render him useless as he gets stuck in a loop if you just keep shooting him, repeat until he the fight ends. That takes around a minute or so, at least it does on Hard.

For those having problems disabling mines on the PC version . . . Click off Caps Lock. Caps Lock toggles between 'run' and 'walk'. Do this, and crouch towards the mines. I didn't discover this until the end. Just in time for my second playthrough :)

Aselith

LordPhoque said:
There's guns and ammi in the room. Look in the side rooms and on crates at the walls. Bunches of shotgun ammo too.

JambiBum

I've already beaten it once, but doing my second playthrough, can someone tell me where the Talion A.D. quest is in china? I missed it my first time.

Recarpo

Tokubetsu said:
This second boss fight is making me want to not even play.

I've tried this two times and the same thing happened both times. One PEPS shot and the boss didn't move or shoot at me the rest of the fight. Don't know if other people have had the same effect, but it's worth a shot.

54-46!

prowler_ said:
Any help or links for the second boss fight?
She
keeps kicking my ass.
I just waited in the middle til she came at me, when she is 3m~ away I start running toward her, she discharges, I turn around and shoot - repeat.

Top Bottom