• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Linkzg said:
Can you buy the full soundtrack anywhere? the one with the Augmented Edition is incomplete. Doesn't even have the apartment theme.

I would like to know this as well! Even a list of Youtube links would be good for now.

I bought the Augmented Edition because I wanted the soundtrack, but it was probably the most disappointing soundtrack I've ever encountered. Extremely short samples of tracks and missing a ton of songs that appear in the game.

Nome

Ferrio said:
I don't mind that the others don't autocharge.. I just wish you had a base you could go to and would refill them automatically. I've been one one cell since the beginning of the game.

Well, after sinking 2 Praxis into it and not needing more than one cell of energy so far, it's kind of disappointing.

Kyouji said:
Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder, and you sir, are blind. =)

I find the mole incredibly hot.

I think the mole is modeled too, not a texture. Or at least it seemed like it.

Epyon MX said:
Foxiest of Hounds (no alarms ever in your entire playthrough) is more common at 0.4%. Rarest, is Scholar (read all 29 XP books in 1 playthrough) at 0%.
Honestly I am surpriesd I got Foxiest of Hounds on my first playthrough. Especially when I was playing without cloak for the majority of the game.

Nome said:
Yeah, i'ts pretty silly. It's pretty easy to work off one cell... was quite disappointed that the others didn't auto recharge.
Protip about the weakened walls though, any explosion will take them down, even a shot from a revolver with explosive ammo.

Volcynika

Sullichin said:
Is the breathe in gas augmentation worth it? Are there areas I wouldn't be able to survive in otherwise?

I've seen a total of two places where toxic gas was. The first I never went back to, and the second actually helped me complete an objective more stealthily.

Ferrio said:
I don't mind that the others don't autocharge.. I just wish you had a base you could go to and would refill them automatically. I've been one one cell since the beginning of the game.

yeah, something outside of the limb clinic would be nice for a few credits. doesn't need to be free. something like 50 credits for a full fill.

The only time in the game that I needed than one cell at a time was hacking a terminal to finish a quest. There was an NPC looking right at the terminal and I couldn't hack it in time without making him hostile, so I had to upgrade my battery so I could stay cloaked long enough to hack.

Derrick01

Banned
Epyon MX said:
Hmmm.... Looks like Pacifist is the 2nd rarest achievement in the game (according to Steam):

Foxiest of Hounds (no alarms ever in your entire playthrough) is more common at 0.4%. Rarest, is Scholar (read all 29 XP books in 1 playthrough) at 0%.

That book achievement will be hard without a guide. I got at least 15 on my first playthrough but a lot of them are hidden extremely well.

Sullichin said:
Is the breathe in gas augmentation worth it? Are there areas I wouldn't be able to survive in otherwise?

You can as well get it, you have more than enough points for that. I'm wondering about Radar upgrade and Mark & Track.

54-46!

Xater said:
Totally agree. I often encountered situation where I was thinking "If only I had aug x right now, then I could do this thing". For me that was mostly ICarus landing, because I did not get that aug at all.
I never experienced that, most of the areas I felt like hacking was the way to go.. there were some places I wished I had a specific aug, but very rarely. Dx1 has a lot more variety in which how you approach any given area/mission and was way more dependent on your skills/augs.

does anyone know if the no-kill trophy will still unlock if you accidentally kill someone, and go to the load screen to try again? or does it still mark your playthrough as having killed someone?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Derrick01 said:
That book achievement will be hard without a guide. I got at least 15 on my first playthrough but a lot of them are hidden extremely well.
There is at least one that I'm pretty sure you can only get with Icarus. I didn't have Icarus and so that book will haunt me until playthrough 2.

AtomHeart

Neo Member
I got pacifist today, blimey that was a fun achievement to get! So fun starting the game over and finally being able to blast every single person I see.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
does anyone know if the no-kill trophy will still unlock if you accidentally kill someone, and go to the load screen to try again? or does it still mark your playthrough as having killed someone?
Saving and loading works fine for the no kill trophy. I went on killing sprees once or twice to let loose and I still got it at the end just fine after go back to my proper save pre-kills.

vDaedalus

Having not played any of the previous Deus Ex games I've come to realize that this is very much an RPG with guns in it. (At least that's how I see it) That being said, is there an area to farm money/EXP? I have a tendency to power level...

calder

Wallach said:
Well, now you're liberated from such a wussy path and are free to use your robot arms more appropriately.
They were the
Harvester gang members who were holding the prostitute prisoner and forcing her to get some kinda crazy sex aug.
. For whatever reason, those jerks just seemed slightly more asshole-ish than the normal overtly 'bad' security goons I always spare, so that combined with it being 3am and me being pretty tired meant crossbow time.

I may as well at least use my upgraded sniper rifle now I guess. Not always, I'm going to still do evasion and non-lethal for cops and random security dudes, but next time I see the clearly evil soldiers or guys hurting civilians I may have to try a gun for once. Or the lethal takedown, those look fun. :p

Dakota47

vDaedalus said:
Having not played any of the previous Deus Ex games I've come to realize that this is very much an RPG with guns in it. (At least that's how I see it) That being said, is there an area to farm money/EXP? I have a tendency to power level...

The city hubs are basically the place to farm.

Sullichin

Does getting the "alarmed" state stop you from getting the ghost xp bonus? Not when an alarm goes off, just when a guard might see you but didn't get hostile yet.

The Quiet Man said:
I got through the game without it. Some areas have switches that remove the gas.

I'm a fair bit through the game (
second time in Hengsha
) and I've only seen a couple of uses for it.

I've been surprised at how useful the wallpunch is. Gotten me through a ton of areas stealthily, despite the amount of noise it makes.

Stallion Free said:
Saving and loading works fine for the no kill trophy. I went on killing sprees once or twice to let loose and I still got it at the end just fine after go back to my proper save pre-kills.

nice. never has a game made me put so much effort into avoiding killing people. it's not just the trophy, it just feels like the game somehow rewards me for doing so simply by it being so damn cool to get through the missions without taking any lives.

also:
i got to the chopper in time on the first mission but they executed the hostages anyway. is that what's supposed to happen? does that count against the no-deaths trophy?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
nice. never has a game made me put so much effort into avoiding killing people. it's not just the trophy, it just feels like the game somehow rewards me for doing so simply by it being so damn cool to get through the missions without taking any lives.

also:
i got to the chopper in time on the first mission but they executed the hostages anyway. is that what's supposed to happen? does that count against the no-deaths trophy?
No, those won't count. The kills must be by your hands.

Dakota47

vDaedalus said:
By doing anything in particular or just side missions?

Side missions, hacking every lock and computer you can get too, taking down every non-civilian you can find, break into houses for loot, etc.

Sullichin said:
Does getting the "alarmed" state stop you from getting the ghost xp bonus? Not when an alarm goes off, just when a guard might see you but didn't get hostile yet.

You still get the Ghost bonus as long as they don't go hostile. In fact, I took advantage of alarming enemies to get them separate from groups so that I could drop them alone.

Man

lol

IMG_1478.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Sullichin said:

There isn't a lot of poison gas in the game, but it does make the 3rd boss fight a lot easier as he uses gas grenades a lot.

Sullichin

Sinatar said:
There isn't a lot of poison gas in the game, but it does make the 3rd boss fight a lot easier as he uses gas grenades a lot.

I think i'll skip it. Have two praxis points, in Hengsha.. debating what I should get. Maybe see through walls. I feel like I have all the good augs already.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sinatar said:

Are there any rooms filled with poisonous gas? I'm about 20 hours in and I believe I'm nearing the end of the game, but I can't recall ever encountering poisonous gas in the environment. I do remember one room where a scientist was trapped, but you can turn that gas off before even entering the room.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
vDaedalus said:

There's no place to powerlevel, but if you hack everything you come across even when you have the keycodes, the XP adds up over time. Plus silent takedowns give you more XP than killing them outright.

Special J said:
i could say the same about your eyesight

u mad bro?

cackhyena

Zefah said:
Are there any rooms filled with poisonous gas? I'm about 20 hours in and I believe I'm nearing the end of the game, but I can't recall ever encountering poisonous gas in the environment. I do remember one room where a scientist was trapped, but you can turn that gas off before even entering the room.
Hengsha sewers.

I think the only person I killed in the whole game was
one of the gang members behind the destroyable wall in the gang leaders house
. So as a warning to everyone playing through passively, when breaking walls no matter what you will kill people within the vicinity, so take that into account.

dankir

Okay will seeing that I'm the only one interested in this lol but it looks like if you tranq somebody and their status goes from Zzzz to skulls or even skulls right away, then it won't count as a kill.

Therefore you can still get the pacifist achievement without worrying.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
dankir said:
Okay will seeing that I'm the only one interested in this lol but it looks like if you tranq somebody and their status goes from Zzzz to skulls or even skulls right away, then it won't count as a kill.

Therefore you can still get the pacifist achievement without worrying.

That's good to know, thanks for testing it out.

I have to say, this game really is amazing! I have been takng my time and really exploring Detroit. Just left that hub last night. Have been going through all of the quests with stealth as the main objective, and it's a blast finding all the different routes you can use to complete the missions! It's really amazing, the sheer amount of options you have to complete an objective. So yea, loving this game so far, I would say the best game I have played this year, easily.

Dizzy-4U

Those looking for the Pacifist achievement,
be careful when you fight against robots. When you destroy them, the explotion can kill nearby guards.
Don't know if it will affect the achievement, but reload just in case. Finished the game yesterday and I got it.

Deadly

I think a sidequest of mine screwed up. It tells me to read the pocket secretary, which I did but it doesn't update.. Anyone else encounter this?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Deadly said:
I think a sidequest of mine screwed up. It tells me to read the pocket secretary, which I did but it doesn't update.. Anyone else encounter this?
Talion AD?

It doesn't give you a marker for where to go next, even if you read the pocket secretary.

If you don't want to look around,
go to the sewers through the manhole in the lower area in front of the Alice Garden Pods.

Darklord

Banned
I just got to Montreal but I don't get
how Megan and the others are alive. I mean...if they were dead, wouldn't that have been because a body was found? So they just vanish and they don't think they might have been kidnapped during the attack? Don't spoil it if they explain this in or after Montreal.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm still loving the game (really really great stuff), but man, the "take down" system is really the worst decision they made. It feels so out of place and offers no real challenge plus they abandoned melee attacks in favor of it.

At the very least, they should have kept the actions in first person ala Riddick. That game had plenty of 3rd person cuts just like Deus Ex, but the hand to hand attacks were all first person and felt wonderful.

Deadly

ExMachina said:
Talion AD?

It doesn't give you a marker for where to go next, even if you read the pocket secretary.

If you don't want to look around,
go to the sewers through the manhole in the lower area in front of the Alice Garden Pods.
Think that's it, thanks!

I was searching sewers but i only stumbled upon the Harvester hideout. I'll try there next

Enco

boredofcanada said:
an announcement of dlc missions today would just be the icing on the cake for me.
Yup.

Still not close to finishing the game but I would happily fork out some cash for more missions (I would want a fair bundle though. Not just 1 or 2).

alphaNoid

Banned
I'm 22 hours in, and about to
board the ship in my 2nd Hengsha visit
. My wife just left town for a week.. time to strip down into my boxers and game like crazy.

fuck_yea_When_memes_collide-s508x395-88087-580.png

Top Bottom