• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Ferrio

Banned
SirButterstick said:
For those having problems disabling mines on the PC version . . . Click off Caps Lock. Caps Lock toggles between 'run' and 'walk'. Do this, and crouch towards the mines. I didn't discover this until the end. Just in time for my second playthrough :)

Ohhh... Man I was wondering what I was doing wrong. In the tips it says you can disable them, I always crouch up to them and don't even come anywhere close and get blown to shreds.

At that poitn I just started to pick up shit and throw it to trigger them.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I'm on to China now - but I think I missed a few things in Detroit. Can I go back at some point or have I lost them forever?

You will return to Detroit, but not everything will be the same. I'm not sure if it affects any of the sidequests.

Gila

Do you guys get praxis points easily? I swear I think I'm doing something wrong, I'm at the end of the police station mission (just talked to the lab guy) and I've only spent about 3 praxis points...

how do you guys get so much xp if you do?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
JambiBum said:
I've already beaten it once, but doing my second playthrough, can someone tell me where the Talion A.D. quest is in china? I missed it my first time.

The LIMB clinic.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I thought the second boss was insanely easy. I'm a stealth build, but either way you get a TON of praxis points in the levels leading up to it. Stun gun + pistol is all it took.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I'm on to China now - but I think I missed a few things in Detroit. Can I go back at some point or have I lost them forever?

You return later.

Gila said:
Do you guys get praxis points easily? I swear I think I'm doing something wrong, I'm at the end of the police station mission (just talked to the lab guy) and I've only spent about 3 praxis points...

Detroit was slim pickings. Something just clicks after you get to more areas and points start raining in.

Gila said:

You'll get a lot more as the game progresses. It builds up as you get further into it, and you're still close to the beginning.

webrunner

Facism said:
for me it was

Emp nade

Full Assault rifle clip to the head

Emp nade

full Assault rifle clip to the head.

30 second job.

Emp nades proper fuck it up.

How I play right now is to use stealthy weapons until things go to shit.. then I use the least stealthy weapon I have: the fucking rocket launcher.

He also helped by throwing a grenade at a wall that bounced back at him.

Disabling mines by walking is news to me as well. I recently had to go through a room full of them and I just chucked a crate through the room.

And then I ran. Quickly. Some dudes heard that.

MNC

MNC said:
Okay this is pretty fucking frustrating. I've been getting game lockups multiple times during FMV cutscenes.
Okay, now I can't get past the cutscene at the end of the intro mission. What the fuck. It stays in a black screen forever. Gonna try a clean savefile...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
JambiBum said:
I've already beaten it once, but doing my second playthrough, can someone tell me where the Talion A.D. quest is in china? I missed it my first time.

I think that's the one you get from the doctor in the LIMB clinic on your second visit to Hengsha.

raphier

Banned
Wtf? If you throw a cardboard at any police officer, they kill you. Just accidentally hit a SWAT officer with one he shot me dead :(

Also, did you know that in the beginning if you wait long enough
David tells you that situation got worse. 8 hostages died.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Make sure to check your surroundings - I found Praxis points behind walls and in office furniture (usually when it took some effort to explore).

Ferrio

Banned
raphier said:
Wtf? If you throw a cardboard at any police officer, they kill you. Just accidentally hit a SWAT officer with one he shot me dead :(

Pfft, I picked up a small trash can, tossed it a foot away when I was like 20 feet from an officer. Some reason it pissed him off and he started shooting me in the back :(.

Wallach

TyrantGuardian said:
okM8-+Ds4Dui?lMh$Mzvm14SBqe7;Gl6=u74b?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCku7

Get on it, guys. That is apparently the 2200 update.

Yeah, came in here to post this. Not sure if that is a bug or related to the reveal for us to figure out.

White Man

Is there any way to check out how many of the achievement ebooks you have? I'm not using a guide or making a concentrated effort to get the achievement\trophy, but I consider myself a pretty thorough explorer and I think that's probably a decent indicator.

I'm not near the game at the moment, so I can't check to see if there's some sort of stat page at the moment.

. . .and what are the "rules" on killing people in the hub maps? If I'm murdering hobos and nobody sees, will it have an effect on my rep? I'm trying to be good but I have appetites that need to be sated.

WTF? I got side mission in Detroit, Voices from the Dark, where I am supposed to meet
a mysterious informant (likely whats his face from the beginning that I let go),
but had a couple of missions I needed to do first. Afterwards I look to go after that one mission, and it's not on my list...I go to finished quests and it's under the quest log as "CANCELED."

Um...what?

White Man said:
Is there any way to check out how many of the achievement ebooks you have? I'm not using a guide or making a concentrated effort to get the achievement\trophy, but I consider myself a pretty thorough explorer and I think that's probably a decent indicator.

I'm not near the game at the moment, so I can't check to see if there's some sort of stat page at the moment.

If you open up your "data log" or whatever it's called you can sort the ebooks you've found by area and cross reference them with a list on a guide site of your choosing.

Tokubetsu

Recarpo said:
I've tried this two times and the same thing happened both times. One PEPS shot and the boss didn't move or shoot at me the rest of the fight. Don't know if other people have had the same effect, but it's worth a shot.

Nope, I can't even reload/switch weapons before
she
runs off again.

Echoplx

MisterAnderson said:
WTF? I got side mission in Detroit, Voices from the Dark, where I am supposed to meet
a mysterious informant (likely whats his face from the beginning that I let go),
but had a couple of missions I needed to do first. Afterwards I look to go after that one mission, and it's not on my list...I go to finished quests and it's under the quest log as "CANCELED."

Um...what?

If you go past certain story quests, side quests will cancel, you should get some kind of warning beforehand.

3chopl0x said:
If you go past certain story quests, side quests will cancel, you should get some kind of warning beforehand.

Didn't get any warning :/ is missing that quest pretty big? Does it like mess up a lot of shit I would have otherwise been able to do....?

Echoplx

MisterAnderson said:
Didn't get any warning :/ is missing that quest pretty big? Does it like mess up a lot of shit I would have otherwise been able to do....?

Spoilered just in case, but this is what you missed (not much)
He just gives you some access codes and then tells you to fuck off

Just finished the third boss and am now
back at detroit
. Am I right in assuming the
two patrolling bots in the hangar bay at the top of TYM were bosses?
I wasted ammunition on them like they were bosses, anyway.

Third boss was pretty easy overall, I see many people having problems with that boss. Heres what I did:
Stun gun, then shoot with the revolver (explosive rounds) until she ran off. Small window to reload both weapons, put on see through walls and follow her, rinse repeat until dead

I originally tried stun-gun/heavy machine gun combo but the time between changing to that weapon and letting it spin up was too long, it kept getting me killed.

Anyway, so far I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. It's feeling shorter than I expected, but that because I'm smashing it (relatively to the amount of free time I have)

Best weapon for me so far is the 10mm silenced, armour piercing laser sighted pistol. Amazing. But I'm not finding hardly any ammo for it 2/3 through the game, hopefully thatll change when
back in Detroit

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
JambiBum said:
Where at in the limb clinic? All I have to talk to is civilians.

He shows up on the second trip to Heng Sha. He's immediately to the left of where you buy praxis stuff.

MisterAnderson said:

If you've leaving detroit, you obviously didn't need the information you would have gotten from that quest.

You let Zeke live.. if you had met him near the sarif building, he would have given you a pocket secretary with key codes and passwords for the FEMA facility

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pixel Pete said:
Just finished the third boss and am now
back at detroit
. Am I right in assuming the
two patrolling bots in the hangar bay at the top of TYM were bosses?
I wasted ammunition on them like they were bosses, anyway.

They're so not bosses.
I just turned them off from the control room.

MisterAnderson said:

You always get a warning when you decide to leave an area at a point when quests will be cancelled. Under the "Yes" option to leave an area you should see text like "WARNING: Quests will be cancelled blah blah blah". Of course, if you clicked Yes too fast without reading it, you'll miss it.

epmode

angular graphics said:
If you have nvidia, and you noticed crashing in other DX10/DX11 games as well (or if the card's voltage is too low => keep reading), raise the voltage, as there are several cards that were released by their manufacturers operating below the voltage they should operate at.

Some links and quotes:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=790125&mpage=1
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=340713
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=203856
So I finally got home to take a look at my card since I've been running into crazy crashing issues but only in DX11. Deux Ex, Two Worlds 2 and one or two other games. DX9 is problem-free.

I'm running an EVGA GTX 570. Most suggestions I've read center around setting the card to 1.038v. Problem is, my card is already there. Should I increase the voltage or would it be better to look into an RMA?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
MisterAnderson said:
When it asks if you want to continue on the mission, the YES option will note that you'll lose and cancel all remaining sidequests.

Zenith

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Nope, I can't even reload/switch weapons before
she
runs off again.

All the power towers in
the AI hub can be destroyed for environmental damage. Shoot them and she'll be electrocuted and can't move.

zlatko

Banned
Okay, I'm confused. I just got back to Detroit, and I go down the elevator.

Is there anyway to avoid this guy so I can get my sneak through the whole game goal, or does he not count towards it?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
zlatko said:
Okay, I'm confused. I just got back to Detroit, and I go down the elevator.

Is there anyway to avoid this guy so I can get my sneak through the whole game goal, or does he not count towards it?
Did you try not being an asshole to him?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yay, got it working. Given the evidence of how minuscule the tessellation effect is ingame I'm going to go dx9 and force external AA, it makes it infinitely better looking imo.

For those who are interested, ssao and sgssaa don't seem to be playing nice. My gpus spiked the roof @99% and I got 40ish fps with ssao on high, putting it on normal fixed that and now gives me less gpu usage + 60 fps. Stuttering from loading is more pronounced, but then again I'm not on an SSD atm so I guess level streaming ( or w/e is going on in the background ) is not as prevalent on an ssd.

This game really deserved better AA :[

Here are two pics, from the first 1/3rd of the game in case you are location spoiler sensitive.
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

dxhr2011-08-2923-36-33ykhg.png

dxhr2011-08-2923-40-109kcj.png

tiff

Banned
3chopl0x said:
The same thing happened to me and I'm pretty sure I never past a point where I got a warning like that.

Kalnos

Banned
tiff said:
The same thing happened to me and I'm pretty sure I never past a point where I got a warning like that.

You did.

"Do you want to leave, Yes or No"

When hovering over "Yes" it says "Warning, you will be leaving for good! Side Quests will be canceled" or something to that effect.

zlatko

Banned
thetrin said:
Did you try not being an asshole to him?

I won the dialogue back at the start to get into the morgue. When I come down the elevator, he doesn't ask questions, he just says, "Fuck you, I lost my job because of you." Then he pulls out a gun and shoots. I can't talk him down or not get a hostile. I tried to use my cloaking to go out the elevator past him, but the scene triggers no matter what. :(

Salsa

well shit, i might just try that Corky (though maybe for my next playthrough), looks way better than my jaggy kinda-mess.

thetrin

zlatko said:
I won the dialogue back at the start to get into the morgue. When I come down the elevator, he doesn't ask questions, he just says, "Fuck you, I lost my job because of you." Then he pulls out a gun and shoots. I can't talk him down or not get a hostile. I tried to use my cloaking to go out the elevator past him, but the scene triggers no matter what. :(
That's weird. You're supposed to get the option to offer him a job at Sarif, or tell him to go fuck himself. I don't know what affects whether or not you get that choice.

thetrin said:
That's weird. You're supposed to get the option to offer him a job at Sarif, or tell him to go fuck himself. I don't know what affects whether or not you get that choice.

Yeah, that is weird.. I got to talk him down.. tell him I'd recommend him for a job at Sarif.

I wanted to crush his little spirit and tell him to quit being a bitch and stop blaming other people for his problems.. but I decided to take it easy on him.

Top Bottom