• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Whoops, accidentally posted this in the story thread...

okay, can someone help me at the part I am at.

I just went to the hive, talked to a a couple dudes and now the only way to talk to the "boss" is to go disable some radio towers for the bartender. The only problem is, its like impossible for me to hack the tower. It is level 2(like me) but I have tried like 15 times and I can never hack it in time. HELPP

I got so frustrated that I went on a killing spree taking as many innocent people out as I could.

Some questions:

Is there any place for storage, or just what you can hold?

Is ther a tranquilizer pistol? Or just the stun gun?

If u go around non violently, do u still need to carry real weapons for bosses?

Where can u buy praxis points, I just got out into Detroit for the first time

Can you upgrade the non kill weapons?

Do those first two praxis point skills to unlock a tree actually do anything? Or do you have to actually start buying the skills underneath?

thefil

robotzombie said:
Some questions:

Do those first two praxis point skills to unlock a tree actually do anything? Or do you have to actually start buying the skills underneath?

Storage: Your apartment, west side of Detroit.
Tranq: Yup. Weapons dealer you should run into.
Lethal weapons: I don't know
Buy Praxis points: LIMB clinic
Upgrade non kill: I don't know
First two points: There is a 0-cost skill under each 2-point unlock

Lakitu

st5fu
BrassMonkey1010 said:
Whoops, accidentally posted this in the story thread...

okay, can someone help me at the part I am at.

I just went to the hive, talked to a a couple dudes and now the only way to talk to the "boss" is to go disable some radio towers for the bartender. The only problem is, its like impossible for me to hack the tower. It is level 2(like me) but I have tried like 15 times and I can never hack it in time. HELPP

I got so frustrated that I went on a killing spree taking as many innocent people out as I could.

Automatic Unlocking Device is your friend. Still, they're pretty sparse. You just need to get used to hacking and stock up on Stop and Nuke Viruses.

Wallach

Lakitu said:
Automatic Unlocking Device is your friend. Still, they're pretty sparse. You just need to get used to hacking and stock up on Stop and Nuke Viruses.

Not just sparse but non-existent to those without pre-order DLC.

robotzombie said:
Some questions:

If you want to store stuff you drop it, the game will remember. Just make sure to pick up the stuff you need later incase you won't get to return to that particular area.

Nope, just the rifle uses tranqs. Also, the stun gun has more range than you'd think.

Not really, stun gun is enough for most bosses. If you get the typhoon aug you don't need a secondary weapon. The revolver is a good choice for backup since the exploding bullets will break walls and it does good damage to bosses if you need it.

The LIMB clinique, up the street from Sarif HQ and turn left, don't go through the tunnel.

The rifle has 1 special mod, otherwise no.

You get the first skill listed when you buy into a tree. The Icarus drop is a single two-point investment for example.

Lakitu said:
Automatic Unlocking Devices only exist in one of the pre-order editions.

mxgt

Banned
Just finished it, took me around 30 hours.

Loved it, GOTY so far for me. Missed out of Pacifist due to killing a robot sadly, but that doesn't sour the game at all for me. Loved the ending I chose as well.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
mxgt said:

Loved it, GOTY so far for me. Missed out of Pacifist due to killing a robot sadly, but that doesn't sour the game at all for me. Loved the ending I chose as well.
Did you wait until the end of the credits, too?

Untracked

legbone said:
i would assume that failing a hack would definitely nix the achievement.

can you not load a previous save and try the hack again?
Bollocks.
I assumed the achievement meant enemies becoming Hostile or setting alarms off. I never thought hacking would even being a part of it. Until I finished that mission and got no Smooth Operator bonus, having already overwritten both of my saves, thinking I was in the clear.

Shame, but I'll finish this run off anyway to get those eBooks.

I've completed it once and it blew my fucking mind. I want more games like this, games that give me options.

coopolon

In Detroit,
I went to the FEMA detention center before finishing all the side quests. I'll get the chance to go back correct?

Sorry if this has already been covered, I'm reluctant to flip through too many pages for fear of spoilers.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Untracked said:
Bollocks.
I assumed the achievement meant enemies becoming Hostile or setting alarms off. I never thought hacking would even being a part of it. Until I finished that mission and got no Smooth Operator bonus, having already overwritten both of my saves, thinking I was in the clear.

Shame, but I'll finish this run off anyway to get those eBooks.

I've completed it once and it blew my fucking mind. I want more games like this, games that give me options.
If you disconnect before the defense network finds your starting point, it resets, but you lose progress in that given hack.

mxgt said:
Of course.

And then that music started playing and I creamed myself
Soooo awesome.

thetrin

MaizeRage25 said:
Anywhere in the first hub where I can find the silencer upgrade?
There's a black market seller in one of the apartment buildings. He sells a single silencer. You won't encounter silencers again until the next hub, unfortunately.

coopolon said:
In Detroit,
I went to the FEMA detention center before finishing all the side quests. I'll get the chance to go back correct?

Sorry if this has already been covered, I'm reluctant to flip through too many pages for fear of spoilers.
Yes. You will get to go back. You have
the FEMA facility
, then a small jaunt back to Detroit, then you're off to the next hub. You have to tell the game you want to leave Detroit, so don't worry about getting swept away before you have the chance to do what you want.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Kaltagesta said:
"You mean when, rather than if?"
"Pretty sure I didn't..."

Oh yeah!

Also, re: it always being night in Hengsha, I loved the bit
in the elevator when you realise it's been day time the whole time. A really nice little touch.

Jensen has some really funny lines.

Spoiler for late game Detroit side mission:

Jensen is talking to a cop who wants him to stop a criminal that the cop likens to Che Guevara. Jansen: "Does he have the shirt?"

Spoiler for mid game Hengsha side mission:

If you have the social conversation aug and Jansen tries to use it during her conversation with him (to get her to spill more details about the situation), Malik says something like "And don't you even dare try to use that CASIE mod on me, Jansen" and Jansen says something like "it's only because I care" (don't have his embarrassed phrasing/delivery right, but it's hilarious).

thetrin

revolverjgw said:
Question about Malik-
if you let her die (shame on you), who, if anybody, picks up the scientists later on?

They escape via a plane that was already stationed there. There's really no change to the story.

One Question: How does Ghost EXP Bonus work?

For example: Taifun Mission. The first one.

First task: I knocked the guards out and entered the building. Ghost EXP. Just throw some boxes around to lure them into a trap.

Second task: I did the same with everyone till i reached the hacker. When i did something wrong like red alarm i reloaded the save. Everyone says that works. I mostly went yellow (like the task before). No Ghost EXP.

Third task: I did it like the first task. Knocked everyone out. Nobody spotted me. No alarm. Nothing. No Ghost EXP.

How does Ghost EXP exactly work?

---------

The Malik Situation made me lose my pacifist achievment. -.- But hell that was a great feeling.... i never thought that Adam was such a beast.

Wallach

Heavy said:
Niiiiice! So it says here:

Is that just for the UK or worldwide? Because IW sold over a mil I think

I believe only for the UK. But looking at Steam's numbers I would not be surprised if DX:HR is already past IW's lifetime WW.

thetrin

HR beating IW's lifetime in 2 days is merely poetic justice. HR is a great game that deserves to sell well. I may not have been a huge fan of the last mission, but the game was fucking STELLAR.

Xater

thetrin said:
HR beating IW's lifetime in 2 days is merely poetic justice. HR is a great game that deserves to sell well. I may not have been a huge fan of the last mission, but the game was fucking STELLAR.

So true. At this point I can not even express my hate for IW. You know, Eidos Montreal declaring IW not canon would be pretty great. I would have no problem with them doing a proper DX sequel but I guess tha tis not something they want to do.

thetrin

Xater said:
So true. At this point I can not even express my hate for IW. You know, Eidos Montreal declaring IW not canon would be pretty great. I would have no problem with them doing a proper DX sequel but I guess tha tis not something they want to do.
I didn't mind the story in the least. I just thought the gameplay was terrible.

In fact, I wouldn't mind Eidos Montreal tackling a remake of IW.

a7eRd.jpg

The dystopian world of 2027 is terrifying and inhuman.

Stallion Free said:
Yo I kind of want to actually complete a playthrough of IW (only ever got to each before ditching it) just to see how bad it gets.
check out the subtle religious imagery when you realize that
Tarsus Academy was founded by Paul of ApostleCorp so that the world can be prepared for the return of JC which will lead to a paradise

also the faction-based missions are literally meaningless

ezekial45

Banned
Does anyone know the music that plays at Tai Yong Medical? It was during the segments at the upper level, before reaching the penthouse.

malfcn

malfcn said:
Confused about a mission in Detroit.
I talked to some dude (forgot his name) that was in an apt behind bars.
Don't remember what he wanted me to do, but he is gone now and I don't any questlines for him.

Behind the gas station, and Grayson.

Anyone?

Bread

Banned
Did anyone else get completely lucky during the first mission in Detroit with
Zeke Sanders? I went into the room with the hostages and saw that the bomb was down to 3 seconds so I just shot the green part with the stun gun and laughed when it worked.

mAcOdIn

malfcn said:
He is most likely the retired cop that Megan's mother was talking about in the "Motherly Ties" mission. You need to investigate a storage locker behind the police station and talk to a cop called Haas(I think) in the station regarding the case.

thetrin

ezekial45 said:
Does anyone know the music that plays at Tai Yong Medical? It was during the segments at the upper level, before reaching the penthouse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS-2ZIDefAI

This one?

mAcOdIn said:
He is most likely the retired cop that Megan's mother was talking about in the "Motherly Ties" mission. You need to investigate a storage locker behind the police station and talk to a cop called Haas(I think) in the station regarding the case.
Not him. Haas is the one that opens the police station doors for you.

malfcn said:
He was the guy who
gave you info on the storage unit and who had handled the Sarif Industries attack case. If you completed that quest for Megan's mom, then he apparently vanishes.

Bread said:
Did anyone else get completely lucky during the first mission in Detroit with
Zeke Sanders? I went into the room with the hostages and saw that the bomb was down to 3 seconds so I just shot the green part with the stun gun and laughed when it worked.

Ha! That actually works? That's great. That reminds me of a time when I was getting really pissed at a camera, didn't know where the security hub was, and thought, "Well, my stun gun is electric, right? Like an EMP?" Sad that it's only temporary, but great that they actually thought of that.

Ourobolus

Banned
mxgt said:

Wait, I thought robots didn't count against your kills?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
thelatestmodel said:
Then you need to do a bit more exploring. Way too early for all these questions!
Haha, exactly what I was thinking. Go explore a little! Take risks!

Top Bottom