• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Recarpo

XeroSauce said:
What other weapons would you recommend? Sniper rifle? Some other gun I'm not thinking about?

You could also silence a combat rifle, that could potentially give you a bit more range if you don't want to go silenced sniper.

hteng

Banned
XeroSauce said:
God damnit.

So I love the revolver in this game. I love it to bits, the sound, the laser, everything. It's my go-to weapon.

But I also carry a tranq rifle and a shotgun in case I need to be quiet/I get caught. I don't care about the Ghost or Fox achieves, but my problem is this:

I need a silenced weapon. I want to be able to take out guards without having to alert everyone, and not just tranq, but kill. The only weapon I've found that supports it is the pistol and I already have my close range support.

What other weapons would you recommend? Sniper rifle? Some other gun I'm not thinking about?

silenced sniper rifle, but really the 10mm is really good if you headshot with it silenced.

damn that's nice

XeroSauce said:
God damnit.

So I love the revolver in this game. I love it to bits, the sound, the laser, everything. It's my go-to weapon.

But I also carry a tranq rifle and a shotgun in case I need to be quiet/I get caught. I don't care about the Ghost or Fox achieves, but my problem is this:

I need a silenced weapon. I want to be able to take out guards without having to alert everyone, and not just tranq, but kill. The only weapon I've found that supports it is the pistol and I already have my close range support.

10mm pistol is a good choice because it has an ugprade that ignores all armor on a target, that mixed with the silencer makes it good for taking down even armored targets without getting caught

i-Lo

EmCeeGramr said:
It shouldn't unless a guard was killed by that explosion. Maybe a guard fell into electric water, or there was that "tranq gun kills a dude" glitch.

Yea, that is sort of silly. I mean the electrified water killed him.. not Jensen.

Also, I wanted to ask whether getting side missions is a matter of chance or not. Currently, I am about to leave for Heng sha from Sariff Industry HQ for the first time and am wondering should I go out into the street and see if anyone randomly encounters me.

Dresden

XeroSauce said:
10mm, machine pistols, and combat rifles can all be silenced.

10mm is easily the best out of the lot due to the armor piercing upgrade.

Machine pistols and rifles get the target-tracking bullets, which looks really cool but is useless due to its short range.

Deadbeat

Banned
XeroSauce said:

Pistol is the best weapon in the game. Most enemies later on have dermal armor and body armor as well. The assault rifle/smg/pistol will only do 25% of their normal damage. The revolver will do 50%. With the armor piercing attachment the pistol does the full 100%. Fully upgraded the assault rifle does 11.6 damage, smg is 8.2, pistol is 16, and revolver is 39. If you apply armor resistance you then get 2.9, 2.05, 16 and 19.5. Pistol can be silenced and you can carry more ammo per inventory space.

Basically use the pistol.

Anilusion

If I add an Explosive Mission Pack DLC key mid-playthrough, will I still get the items, or will I have to create a new game to get them?

damn that's nice

Deadbeat said:
Pistol is the best weapon in the game. Most enemies later on have dermal armor and body armor as well. The assault rifle/smg/pistol will only do 25% of their normal damage. The revolver will do 50%. With the armor piercing attachment the pistol does the full 100%. Fully upgraded the assault rifle does 11.6 damage, smg is 8.2, pistol is 16, and revolver is 39. If you apply armor resistance you then get 2.9, 2.05, 16 and 19.5. Pistol can be silenced and you can carry more ammo per inventory space.

Basically use the pistol.
This post is so good I can't wait for a second playthrough on Hard :3

i-Lo

damn that's nice said:
This post is so good I can't wait for a second playthrough on Hard :3

Is "Give me Deus ex" the hard difficulty setting for which there is an achievement and a gold trophy?

Finished!

Clocked in at 30 hours, damn I'm tired. I'll post more thorough impressions in the spoilers thread but I'll say that I did enjoy this game a lot more than I expected. Getting rail-roaded from one area to another towards the end did take away from the experience somewhat, but all in all I'm more than satisfied with what I played.

Ended up with the Foxiest of Hounds achievement too which is pretty neat. I was sure I set off an alarm at some point.

Anyway, great game. Next time I'm gonna kill everyboday indiscriminately.

Solo

angular graphics said:
They said about 1000 times in different interviews the next game(s) is going to be a sequel to HR, not a remake of DE1/IW or a sequel to IW, I don't know why this is being brought up all the time.

So a developer has never strayed from their word before?

i-Lo

The Quiet Man said:
If you pushed a dude off the top of a building, and the ground killed him, is that your fault or the ground's fault? :p

LOL!

What happened is that I knocked him out cold and the bastard just slippled into electrified water. Of course... I had to restart again.

FFFFUUU momentum

damn that's nice said:
yes i hope it's actually fun and not just needlessly difficult and frustrating

The first boss.... I fought that fucker 15-17 times before I got through. In the heat of battle I realized that HR's control scheme can be a fucking pain.

Wallach

XeroSauce said:
God damnit.

I carry the 10mm and the revolver and haven't seen a need to carry anything else.

Solo

When I get to play tonight I'm back in Henghsa for the second visit, and Ive already done one sidequest. Pretty close to the end, am I?

Anilusion said:
If I add an Explosive Mission Pack DLC key mid-playthrough, will I still get the items, or will I have to create a new game to get them?
All the items will be added to the world so you'll be able to find them and buy them. The grenade launcher is the reward for completing the DLC mission, which happens in the course of completing the main mission.

damn that's nice

i-Lo said:
LOL!

What happened is that I knocked him out cold and the bastard just slippled into electrified water. Of course... I had to restart again.

FFFFUUU momentum

The first boss.... I fought that fucker 15-17 times before I got through. In the heat of battle I realized that HR's control scheme can be a fucking pain.
the cover mechanic is fantastic though i wish more games had one similar

Solo said:
When I get to play tonight I'm back in Henghsa for the second visit, and Ive already done one sidequest. Pretty close to the end, am I?
Close but still a significant chunk of game left to go. Wouldn't be too sure if you can finish it tonight.

i-Lo

damn that's nice said:
the cover mechanic is fantastic though i wish more games had one similar

When you are picking off general enemies one by one (I am trying to earn the pacifist trophy) or sneaking past them, I couldn't agree more but on the console version at least, in the heat of a boss battle like the one I mentioned things could feel a bit too clumsy.

Still over all, the mechanic feels solid... pun intended.

Deadbeat: Do you have the damage numbers for Revolver with explosive attachment? Also, anyone know where the explosive attachment is? Without going into spoilers if possible lol

damn that's nice

i-Lo said:
When you are picking off general enemies or sneaking past them, I couldn't agree more but on the console version at least, in the heat of a boss battle like the one I mentioned things could feel a bit too clumsy.

Still over all, the mechanic feels solid... pun intended.
oh i know what you mean it can be clumsy and kinda sticky too...

this game is so good

Wallach

Heavy said:
Deadbeat: Do you have the damage numbers for Revolver with explosive attachment? Also, anyone know where the explosive attachment is? Without going into spoilers if possible lol

I have to guess you can't get one until the second hub. I explored the first pretty extensively and have never come across one.

Deadbeat

Banned
Heavy said:
It doesnt say in the guide what it does damage wise. Just that the blast radius is 4m and it causes staggering of even the bigger enemies like the dudes that use the heavy rifle. I assume it applies the same damage as the bullet but in a blast radius. So no additional damage, just the revolver now shoots mini grenades.

Solo

Lostconfused said:
Close but still a significant chunk of game left to go. Wouldn't be too sure if you can finish it tonight.

Thats cool with me. I'll only have about 2 hours free tonight to play. Hoping to finish Hengsha anyways.

Gila

Holy crap, you guys are so damn far. I still haven't even reached the first boss

I think I'm being way to stealthy, maybe I should risk up more

Fuck this game is the best game for PS3 atm

So last night I made two saves at the same spot to use one as insurance in case I fucked anything up too badly. It was during one of the sewer segments so I didn't go back to the surface for a little while. When I did get back up one of my side quests was inexplicably cancelled and every police officer in the game was shoot on sight, see you through walls hostile. Good thing I made an insurance save right?

Here's the thing: When I went back to save 2, the same thing happened. As soon as it loaded I'd get updates telling me quests were cancelled, and the police were all up in my ass again.

Anybody else experience anything like that?

KorrZ

Solo said:
Thats cool with me. I'll only have about 2 hours free tonight to play. Hoping to finish Hengsha anyways.

Yeah it took me about 6 more hours to finish from the point that you're at.

blurrygil

Phat Michael said:
started playing this game yesterday. put in about 10 hours so far. its absolutely amazing and SO addictive. as soon as i got up this morning (on holidays) i went straight to my xbox and started playing. i havent been this addicted to a game since mass effect 1/2 or RPGs since childhood.

really, really enjoying it, this game wasnt even on my radar till last week so what a surprise.

Pretty much the same feeling for me. Forgot all about the game and the fact that I had it preordered from forever ago. It crept on me a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it, man.

I generally avoid spoilers/hype vids and info on a game's release, because I enjoy the surprise of what I encounter in games. I'm super glad I avoided nearly EVERYTHING about Human Revolution.

Papercuts said:
Why would he hack a locker he owns?

Prolly the same reason Jansen has to hack his own work terminal...lol. I thought that was pretty ridiculous.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Solo said:
Close, but still many hours of content.

You have 2 new Sidequests, and then the one mission for that(which isn't a terribly hard or long one). Then you get into your final 3 all in a row. Still looking at about 10 hours if you take your time with it. 6-7 if you rush

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
33-Hit-Combo said:
Did it, with EMP nades and a revolver... Finally. What a cheap fuck he is.
I just used typhoon over and over until he was dead. Ends in about 5 seconds.

Angst

blurrygil said:
Pretty much the same feeling for me. Forgot all about the game and the fact that I had it preordered from forever ago. It crept on me a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it, man.

I generally avoid spoilers/hype vids and info on a game's release, because I enjoy the surprise of what I encounter in games. I'm super glad I avoided nearly EVERYTHING about Human Revolution.

Prolly the same reason Jansen has to hack his own work terminal...lol. I thought that was pretty ridiculous.
Your password is on a note beside the terminal, explaining why they changed the password. :)

XeroSauce said:
God damnit.

I recommend the Crossbow because is the most lethal silent range weapon (it does twice the damage of the suppressed sniper rifle) , however it is also quite slow and its ammunition takes 3 slots.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Finally killed for the first time since the intro.

Spoilers for probably about 75% of the way through the game:
I wasn't going to let them kill Malik if I could do anything about it

Solo

KorrZ said:
Yeah it took me about 6 more hours to finish from the point that you're at.

shintoki said:
Close, but still many hours of content.

You have 2 new Sidequests, and then the one mission for that(which isn't a terribly hard or long one). Then you get into your final 3 all in a row. Still looking at about 10 hours if you take your time with it. 6-7 if you rush

Thanks, guys. Is there a point of no return for saving if you want to see all 4 endings?

Do the turret robots count against Foxiest of the Hounds? I've been seen by one for a second (it showed "hostile" but didn't fire) but other than that have not been detected.

Derrick01

Banned
Solo said:
Thanks, guys. Is there a point of no return for saving if you want to see all 4 endings?

Yes the very end they make it PAINFULLY obvious that you're about to make a choice.

Like, they tell you at least 3 times, basically shouting "hey dumbass just so you get it, this is it. Don't fuck it up".

I just spoke to
Lee and to my shock Adam demanded 2.5m credits from him, but during the conversation, Adam decides to leave him without asking for the money.
Did I do something wrong?

Londa

Banned
blurrygil said:

I think I remember that you can find his password somewhere in his office.

Meus Renaissance said:
I just spoke to
Lee and to my shock Adam demanded 2.5m credits from him, but during the conversation, Adam decides to leave him without asking for the money.
Did I do something wrong?

If you listen to the dialogue before that point, it was explained.

Top Bottom