• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Dresden

The_Darkest_Red said:
One tactic I love using in rooms with two enemies is standing directly behind one enemy, shooting the other one, and then instantly hitting the take-down button. After the take-down animation both bodies fall at the same time and it just makes Jensen look so awesome.
<3 double takedown aug. Spares me so many stun darts, too.

54-46!

Just finished, loved it! I must've missed two side missions though since I didn't get the "Acquaintances Forgotten" and "Talion A.D." achievements - where were these?

Impressions, without detail:
+ Art and design
+ Exploration
+ Gunplay
+ Music and sound
+ Play style variety
+ Setting and world
~ Story and characters
- AI
- Bosses
- Voice acting

Now where are those DLC missions? I'm gonna play it again non-lethal this time.

Deadly

Any tips for P
anchea
?

I want to stay stealthy and not kill but I'm lacking Tranquilizer/PEPS/Stun Gun but it seems impossible to takedown all of them because there are SO MANY.

54-46!

Deadly said:
Any tips for P
anchea
?

I want to stay stealthy and not kill but I'm lacking Tranquilizer/PEPS/Stun Gun but it seems impossible to takedown all of them because there are SO MANY.
I didn't use any of those while doing that level, just had the cloak aug.

thetechkid

So I opened up the package and I got the code for the Tactical Enchantment Pack even though I didn't preorder, guess amazon had extras.

chixdiggit

I'm only a couple hours in and I like it a lot so far. My biggest complaint though is how lifeless the world is (at least it's not as bad as Mass Effect).

ToD_

thetechkid said:
So I opened up the package and I got the code for the Tactical Enchantment Pack even though I didn't preorder, guess amazon had extras.
I had the same thing with my Amazon digital order. Got the shotgun, sniper rifle and 10,000 credits without placing a preorder.

Recarpo

Deadly said:
Any tips for P
anchea
?

Look for alternate routes. I found a lot more routes in that area than I did in any other and a lot of them will let you bypass areas undetected.

JohngPR

Swifty said:
I always like planting a LAM near the doorway leading to Lebedev's private room on his jet. You're just busy talking to Lebedev and then you hear your LAM go off coupled with a blood curdling scream and sloshing sounds.

LMAO! I never thought of that!! Does Lebedv then live? 0_o

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck me, Steam is sloooooooow :(

I want to play this now!

garath

So I've seen conflicting reports. What's the final word on a silenced sniper rifle in the game without a pre-order bonus?

Some people said
the level 5 security storage room next to the basketball court in Detroit
- I didn't find one in there, just some combat rifles.

Some people said
Tai Young Medical
- I feel like I searched the whole place top to bottom and came up empty on the silenced sniper

Any confirmed "oh yeah I got it here" for people without pre-order bonuses? (I pre-ordered from Steam and just got some lousy hats!)

epmode

garath said:
So I've seen conflicting reports. What's the final word on a silenced sniper rifle in the game without a pre-order bonus?
If you can't attach a silencer to a sniper rifle already (I haven't tried) then I bet that we'll be able to download it later along with all the other preorder content. ..for a small fee! God bless this generation.

garath said:

Some people said
the level 5 security storage room next to the basketball court in Detroit
- I didn't find one in there, just some combat rifles.

Some people said
Tai Young Medical
- I feel like I searched the whole place top to bottom and came up empty on the silenced sniper

Any confirmed "oh yeah I got it here" for people without pre-order bonuses? (I pre-ordered from Steam and just got some lousy hats!)
It's not in the game if you didn't get it as a pre-order bonus. It was in the storage next to the basketball court in the preview but there was nothing there in the full game. Same for the Silverback shotgun, detonation charges and the insta-hack items. They all pretty much function as cheats anyway, though the charges would've been nice. And the insta-hacks would've made a non-hacking route more viable. But shitty practice is shitty practice, that's what you get!

Loving this game, I've not been this addicted to a game for a long time. I long to play it when I'm not.

I don't get how people are getting so much cash in this game though! I've got to
china, 2nd hub just done first secondary mission halfway through first primary
and some dudes are saying they have 30,000 credits at this point... After spending on the praxis points I have a few hundred. I'm hacking and exploring eveything, so I can't understand how theyve got so much...

Doesn't seem to be spoiling my game tho. Got 4 praxis points I haven't even spent yet...

Nihilistic Monk said:
Loving this game, I've not been this addicted to a game for a long time. I long to play it when I'm not.

I don't get how people are getting so much cash in this game though! I've got to
and some dudes are saying they have 30,000 credits at this point... After spending on the praxis points I have a few hundred. I'm hacking and exploring eveything, so I can't understand how theyve got so much...

Doesn't seem to be spoiling my game tho. Got 4 praxis points I haven't even spent yet...
I sold a lot of shotguns and AR:s in Detroit thinking I'd need the money later, turns out that I didn't need it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Nihilistic Monk said:

You can buy at least 10 Praxis Kits in LIMB clinics (I think I'm at the end of the game now, but maybe there are more?), so that's 50,000 Credits spent right there. I also bought a decent amount of those protein bars, boxes and tubs, as well as the occasional EMP grenade or box of ammo. I think I have 9,000 or so credits left after all of that.

Enco

At the second boss and the things that suck:

1. Boss fights - Generic and boring. Nothing new and pretty annoying (for most).

2. Frozen NPCs - The game world is beautiful and the atmosphere is unrivaled by any other game (in my opinion). Sadly, the NPCs are frozen in whatever they're doing. There's this one guy who has been peeing in a corner in Detroit since the game started. This isn't game breaking but I don't get the point of it.

3. Energy recharge - It's really stupid how you can only charge one depleted energy cell. Makes no sense at all and makes extra energy bars pretty useless. Upping the recharge speed doesn't help too much.

4. Cutscenes/talking - What went wrong here is beyond me. How can you mess up cutscenes so badly? They're a complete joke and look like they belong to an advanced ps2 game. The mouth movements of characters also suck. You always get a stupid view of Jensen's teeth when he talks.

Still my favorite game of all time.

Recarpo

Danne-Danger said:
It's not in the game if you didn't get it as a pre-order bonus. It was in the storage next to the basketball court in the preview but there was nothing there in the full game. Same for the Silverback shotgun, detonation charges and the insta-hack items. They all pretty much function as cheats anyway, though the charges would've been nice. And the insta-hacks would've made a non-hacking route more viable. But shitty practice is shitty practice, that's what you get!

I found one at
the seaport where you go after talking to Tong
in a container on the left side of the area.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
epmode said:
If you can't attach a silencer to a sniper rifle already (I haven't tried) then I bet that we'll be able to download it later along with all the other preorder content. ..for a small fee! God bless this generation.
There are at least two silenced snipers in the game proper. The first is in
Tai Yong Medical

Deadly said:
Even with the cloak augment and 5 full bars there are way too many enemies...

Not true, you can sneak easily using only one bar if you take care to stay in cover and go alternate routes.

About Silenced Sniper Rifle - later in the game you can buy it from a vendor. Many people mistake it for a regular sniper rifle, however the graphics is different. It is the silenced one.

FStop7

Banned
thetrin said:
LOVE LOVE LOVE this scene. It's actually the highlight of the game, for me. Not taking down a single guy and sneaking my way out was so insanely gratifying.

I saved at the start and tried playing through 3 different ways. First, I went straight at them and fought my way out. Second, I went full stealth and quietly snuck out. Third, I went guerrilla. I used concussion grenades as diversions. I lured them into traps. I turned their automated defenses against them. That's the one I ended up keeping.

Ken

thetrin said:
Tai Yong Medical
I recall reading that someone said the silenced rifle was in that area after the two scientists, but after searching every area of that map and not finding it I was convinced it wasn't there and is pre-order exclusive. Could you give a specific location?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
54-46! said:
I didn't use any of those while doing that level, just had the cloak aug.
Cloaking is one of the last augs I have left to use points on. Who was it complaining about lack of Praxis points yesterday? It feels like I have way more than I should. I'm probably about 60% through the game, based on estimates I've seen here.

Anyway, on my next playthrough, I'm going to experiment with cloaking more. I just wish more than one energy cell recharged naturally. :-/

Danne-Danger said:
I sold a lot of shotguns and AR:s in Detroit thinking I'd need the money later, turns out that I didn't need it.
Yeh, that's the feeling I get. Money really isn't too much of a problem really, and there isn't they much that's expensive I want to buy yet. I do now have some stuff to sell but
The only shop I've found in china has just been iced at the capsule hotel by the biotech goons

Nihilistic Monk said:
Yeh, that's the feeling I get. Money really isn't too much of a problem really, and there isn't they much that's expensive I want to buy yet. I do now have some stuff to sell but
The only shop I've found in china has just been iced at the capsule hotel by the biotech goons

Go check Hang Sha Hotel.

garath

thetrin said:
Tai Yong Medical

Where? I had read that and I searched and searched and came up with no rifle.

FStop7

Banned
JohngPR said:
Funny thing about that Anna boss fight.
I took out a rocket launcher and blew her to bits. LMAO

Gunther was heart broken and vowed revenge the entire rest of the game. Some guards even said they heard him crying. LOL!

Yeah, I shot her with the GEP gun on Juan Lebedev's airplane. It actually kind of felt gruesome at the time when she turned to gibs and let out a howl. But fuck her, anyway.

On an unrelated note I came across an NPC in Human Revolution that was broken. She was standing in the middle of the room with her arms out, airplane style. Looked just like a broken XBox Live avatar. That got a pretty big laugh out of me.

Recarpo said:
I found one at
the seaport where you go after talking to Tong
in a container on the left side of the area.
thetrin said:
Tai Yong Medical
WHAT!? With the special name and everything?

Ken

FStop7 said:
Yeah, I shot her with the GEP gun on Juan Lebedev's airplane. It actually kind of felt gruesome at the time when she turned to gibs and let out a howl. But fuck her, anyway.

On an unrelated note I came across an NPC in Human Revolution that was broken. She was standing in the middle of the room with her arms out, airplane style. Looked just like a broken XBox Live avatar. That got a pretty big laugh out of me.
There was a side quest NPC in Hengsha that, after completing her side quests, slowly came up and clipped through the ground into the airplane stance as I walked by her room. It was terrifying.

JerkShep

I have a question about the first game lol, is Gunther
"killable" in the very first mission? I know you're supposed to save him as a seconday objective but after changing sides in the middle of the game I was wondering if he could be disposed of so early in the game

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
JerkShep said:
I have a question about the first game lol, is Gunther
"killable" in the very first mission? I know you're supposed to save him as a seconday objective but after changing sides in the middle of the game I was wondering if he could be disposed of so early in the game

Nope.

I tried to kill him in the very beginning and after 10 minutes of wacking with the the baton, I realized he wasn't going down.

damn that's nice

Untitled-1.png

Castor Krieg said:
Go check Hang Sha Hotel.
Found it, thanks.

Also, I want to upgrade the pistol. I've heard the armor piercing upgrade is the one to get. Is there a limit to the mods I can put on a weapon? I already have silencer and laser site and have just got a damage upgrade. If I add that can I not put on the AP upgrade?

Deadly

Castor Krieg said:
Not true, you can sneak easily using only one bar if you take care to stay in cover and go alternate routes.
Sneaking pass them isn't a problem. Said I wanted to knock them all out. =P

Trin, do you have the preorder silenced sniper dlc? If so, that could be why you found them because I remember another person said he found one in the level 5 gate next to the basketball area in Detroit but others didn't and later he mentioned he had the dlc.

Ken

Nihilistic Monk said:
Found it, thanks.

Also, I want to upgrade the pistol. I've heard the armor piercing upgrade is the one to get. Is there a limit to the mods I can put on a weapon? I already have silencer and laser site and have just got a damage upgrade. If I add that can I not put on the AP upgrade?
You can have all of those weapon mods on the pistol at the same time (AP, silencer, laser).

Top Bottom