• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

tiff

Banned
mAcOdIn said:
I'll repeat my statement, I like this one better than the original despite the slightly smaller areas and the lack of melee.
I view it like I view the jump from STALKER SHOC to Call of Pripyat. The latter outing is less ambitious for the benefit of a more polished experience, but either way retains the core qualities that made the series great to begin with. As for which is better, I'm not too sure.

damn that's nice

tiff said:
I view it like I view the jump from STALKER SHOC to Call of Pripyat. The latter outing is less ambitious for the benefit of a more polished experience, but either way retains the core qualities that made the series great to begin with. As for which is better, I'm not too sure.
omg

33-Hit-Combo said:
As many people have mentioned before, OMFGGGGGG 3RD BOSS.
Jintor said:
Wow. This third boss fight is bullshit.
It doesn't help matters that like the idiot I am I went and installed an illuminati chip in my brain
Jintor said:
Oh my fucking god this third boss

whoever decided bosses needed to be in DX3 needs to have all their limbs cut off and replaced with cybernetic versions of them

but they were all made in thailand out of bamboo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVUMffo-y1M beating the third boss even when you've got augs disabled. Didn't even think to use the turret.

Basically upgrade yourself to be gas and emp resistant then his gernades can't hurt you. Just take cover around one of the pillars that are part of the central divider in the room and pop out and take shots with the shotgun or whatever powerful gun you have. You can also get free hits on him with at least one mine early on by running around a corner and laying it behind you.

anddo0

Talion A.D was a nice little quest. It's bugged (marker doesn't show up after completing the first part of the quest). But it reminds me why this game is so damn good. Just when you think you know all the possible outcomes the game throws a curveball. Nicely done.

damn that's nice

to beat third boss:
-pick up the heavy weapon ammo outside his door
-go all the way across the stage from him
-he wigs out and just strafes back and forth invisible
-continuously load a modified heavy machine gun with a nice cooled down barrel
-use all 100 bullets
-shoot him 10 times with a silenced armor piercing 10mm pistol
-last bullet from it kills him

>mfw
EKN4c.jpg

Lakitu

st5fu
Any tips on how to
save Malik
? I have a silenced 10mm pistol, a machine pistol, EMP grenades, 1 frag grenade, concussion grenades, frag mines. But I can't seem to do it. ENEMIES EVERYWHERE.

damn that's nice

Lakitu said:
Any tips on how to
save Malik
? I have a silenced 10mm pistol, a machine pistol, EMP grenades, 1 frag grenade, concussion grenades, frag mines. But I can't seem to do it. ENEMIES EVERYWHERE.
i don't think you can

i didnt even hesitate to start killing all the guys and even when she died i still killed them all

seeing her corpse was horrifying honestly

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lakitu said:
Any tips on how to
save Malik

Use the EMP to take out the gorilla mech first then, focus down the Heavy MG guys with headshots. After these two guys are down you can move more slowly since small arms don't hurt Malik too quickly.

damn that's nice said:
i don't think you can

Yes you can.

Lakitu said:
Any tips on how to
save Malik
Aim for their heads! I went on the right side, took out the heavies, shot at all the red barrels (there's one to your top-right if you're going on that side) and tossed an EMP at the bot.

Deadbeat

Banned
The only weapon I want is the double barrel shotgun. I used that a lot in the leak and its just one of those weapons thats not too good but its really fun to use. Impractical but practical.

Where is the DLC option to buy this gun?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ken said:
I recall reading that someone said the silenced rifle was in that area after the two scientists, but after searching every area of that map and not finding it I was convinced it wasn't there and is pre-order exclusive. Could you give a specific location?

Very easy to find.
From the room where you meet the two scientists, and you have the giant robotic arm and the movable bridge, go up the ladder just outside the left side door, and follow the catwalk all the way to the 2nd covered room. The silenced sniper is laying against the wall in that 2nd covered room (where the movable bridge connects if you move it)

Heavy said:
Trin, do you have the preorder silenced sniper dlc? If so, that could be why you found them because I remember another person said he found one in the level 5 gate next to the basketball area in Detroit but others didn't and later he mentioned he had the dlc.
That's actually a good point, but I got my code late, and I THINK only entered it after finishing
Tai Yong

My mistake if it is indeed a DLC spawn.

damn that's nice said:
to beat third boss:
-pick up the heavy weapon ammo outside his door
-go all the way across the stage from him
-he wigs out and just strafes back and forth invisible
-continuously load a modified heavy machine gun with a nice cooled down barrel
-use all 100 bullets
-shoot him 10 times with a silenced armor piercing 10mm pistol
-last bullet from it kills him

>mfw
EKN4c.jpg

Fuck that:

-Cutscene ends
-Equip grenade launcher while he's doing his initial cloak/"haha you can't beat me" speech thing.
-Fire 3-4 grenades at his face.
-Boss death FMV plays.

A breeze compared to the previous boss, and that was with augs disabled.

The grenade launcher was the only DLC weapon I made substantial use of, it made the last two boss battles sail by. A shame you don't get it sooner.

damn that's nice

Pancakes said:
Use the EMP to take out the gorilla mech first then, focus down the Heavy MG guys with headshots. After these two guys are down you can move more slowly since small arms don't hurt Malik too quickly.

Yes you can.
i don't see the need to explain, by posting a spoiler that reveals taht you can save her, i now know, obviously when i said i don't think, i was making it known that i had no fucking idea

idk you just seemed like an asshole

damn that's nice

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
Fuck that:

-Cutscene ends
-Equip grenade launcher while he's doing his initial cloak/"haha you can't beat me" speech thing.
-Boss death FMV plays.

YES
yes....,,,.

yes.

yeSSs...!

yess....

luxarific

Nork unification denier
anddo0 said:
Talion A.D was a nice little quest. It's bugged (marker doesn't show up after completing the first part of the quest). But it reminds me why this game is so damn good. Just when you think you know all the possible outcomes the game throws a curveball. Nicely done.

I tried
SO many different dialog choices to get him to give himself up, reloading and reloading, but I wasn't able to do it. It's really not possible, correct?

Also, re the Malik side quest:
if you don't pay the person at the LIMB clinic who gives you the autopsy report for Malik's friend - what are the consequences? He threatens you, but I didn't see anything after that point in the game (was rather hoping for something vindictive).

damn that's nice

HP_Wuvcraft said:
It really bugged me that there was an achievement for every single side quest in this game.
why that just makes it easier to get achievements and keep tracks of all the sidequests ._.

33-Hit-Combo said:
Forgot to mention, early on in the game...
My fucking dog...
huh?
dog?
wut?

Pancakes said:

Yes you can.
I charged to split the initial gunfire, grenaded the heavies, and sniped the rest. Took me four tries, but I wasn't gonna let my fly girl die. (the achievement was a nice surprise, given how quickly she died when I didn't know what was going on.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
33-Hit-Combo said:
Forgot to mention, early on in the game...
My fucking dog...
I was so angry about that.
My dog
T_T

thetrin

Derrick01 said:
not just that, but 1 for both choices in every quest :p
Oh man, I didn't know that. I guess those are most of the secret ones I'm missing after my first playthrough.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit, shit, shit! Quick reply would be amazing (so I know if something is wrong with my settings).

Playing on PC, are the cutscenes supposed to be this low quality? First cutscene looked like garbage (artifacts all over the place) but as soon as it became real gameplay it looks gorgeous. Is it supposed to be like this?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Endgame question.

If Malik dies, who picks up the scientists in the Singapore labs?

Yoshichan said:
Shit, shit, shit! Quick reply would be amazing (so I know if something is wrong with my settings).

Playing on PC, are the cutscenes supposed to be this low quality? First cutscene looked like garbage (artifacts all over the place) but as soon as it became real gameplay it looks gorgeous. Is it supposed to be like this?

Those cutscenes are pre-rendered FMVs unfortunately. They will look like shit regardless of your PC specs :(.

Yoshichan said:

Yeah it sucks.

Pancakes said:
Endgame question.

If Malik dies, who picks up the scientists in the Singapore labs?
There's a VTOL already there, oddly enough, and they apparently fly it out themselves.

Lakitu

st5fu
Pancakes said:

Danne-Danger said:
Aim for their heads! I went on the right side, took out the heavies, shot at all the red barrels (there's one to your top-right if you're going on that side) and tossed an EMP at the bot.

Gaming Truth said:
I charged to split the initial gunfire, grenaded the heavies, and sniped the rest. Took me four tries, but I wasn't gonna let my fly girl die. (the achievement was a nice surprise, given how quickly she died when I didn't know what was going on.

Thanks for the strategies. I'll give them a try tomorrow.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yoshichan said:

Yep. It's Bink or whatever. It's a shame because the muddy, low res quality basically ruins the cutscenes. That shit plagues a lot of PC games, it was really jarring in Crysis 2.

Wallach

EmCeeGramr said:
damn that's nice stop posting

Seconded, what the fuck.

Also I'm kind of annoyed that turning a sentry against other dudes makes you give up both Ghost and Smooth Operator. That seems kind of stupid. I'm in a completely different room.

JerkShep

Pancakes said:
Nope.

I tried to kill him in the very beginning and after 10 minutes of wacking with the the baton, I realized he wasn't going down.

What if you ignore the secondary objective and
don't save him?

Btw I'm just curious, nothing important.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok thanks for answering! As long as there's nothing wrong with my PC, I'm happy :D

TY TY

thetrin said:
I was so angry about that.
My dog
T_T

Couple that with the awesome, but sad music in the background. Just felt awful reading the email. :(

Seriously, Adams apartment invokes the most emotion out of the entire game imo. From Adams smashed up mirror, to the little photo of him and Megan together.

Pancakes

JerkShep said:
What if you ignore the secondary objective and
don't save him?

Btw I'm just curious, nothing important.

UNATCO troops bust him out and he gets mad that you didn't bother to rescue him.

Nihilistic Monk said:
Found it, thanks.

Also, I want to upgrade the pistol. I've heard the armor piercing upgrade is the one to get. Is there a limit to the mods I can put on a weapon? I already have silencer and laser site and have just got a damage upgrade. If I add that can I not put on the AP upgrade?

Laser sight, silencer, explosive rounds are Major mods (3x2 in inventory). Damage, Reload Time, Ammo Capacity are Minor mods (2x2 in inventory). Having one does not rpevent you from having the others, as long as your weapon can support them.

The English Conquistador said:
Couple that with the awesome, but sad music in the background. Just felt awful reading the email. :(

Seriously, Adams apartment invokes the most emotion out of the entire game imo. From Adams smashed up mirror, to the little photo of him and Megan together.

Too bad you can't half-shut the blinds, sit down, and have a drink and smoke.

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
Fuck that:

-Cutscene ends
-Boss death FMV plays.

The grenade launcher was the only DLC weapon I made substantial use of, it made the last two boss battles sail by. A shame you don't get it sooner.

-Pull out tricked out magnum with exploding bullets AKA "The Boss".
-Shoot him a handful of times as he chases you around corners
-Win boss fight

tiff

Banned
Lakitu said:
Any tips on how to
save Malik
Headshot everyone with 10mm, shoot barrels on upper levels to take care of snipers, throw frag mines on the mech and shoot them to blow them up and the mech with it.

Dresden said:
Why'd you reply to him twice?
One reply wasn't enough, clearly!

Top Bottom