• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Derrick01

Banned
Stallion Free said:
HR has an "off script scene" modeled exactly after the Paul scenario.

Eh that's not going to stick with me, it's just not as good. I could tell when I did it they were paying homage to that though and it did get a bit of a grin out of me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Solo said:
I think the one in HR is a lot easier to do though. Those MIBs that came to the apartment in DX can fuck you up.
That is true.

Neither are really off script though. It's not like the devs didn't account for Paul being saved in DX1.

Solo said:
I think the one in HR is a lot easier to do though. Those MIBs that came to the apartment in DX can fuck you up.

I bet a LOT more people saved
Malik
than
Paul

No it's not. You can just hide in the secret closet while Paul goes to work.

I remember just throwing mines and grenades out the door and taking all the MIBs down, then standing at the top of the staircase and headshotting everyone left.

I missed it the first time because the thought never occurred to me that it was possible, but it wasn't that hard.

Solo

Red Blaster said:
No it's not. You can just hide in the secret closet while Paul goes to work.

Paul has never once survived the attack in the 10 times or so Ive played DX without a LOT of my help. Not once.

Solo said:
Paul has never once survived the attack in the 10 times or so Ive played DX without a LOT of my help. Not once.

*shrug*

Worked for me everytime. Climbing out the window is what triggers Paul's death anyway, you can just rush into the MIBs and die and you'll wake up in the MJ12 cell with Paul alive.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Red Blaster said:
*shrug*

Worked for me everytime. Climbing out the window is what triggers Paul's death anyway, you can just rush into the MIBs and die and you'll wake up in the MJ12 cell with Paul alive.

Sonofabitch.

I was wondering why everyone was saying that Paul was dead in my playthrough. Goddammit.

Solo

Red Blaster said:
*shrug*

Sounds like you played the game like a bit of a wuss. Hiding in the closet? Running out the fire escape? Intentionally dying? Come on man, stand with your bro and fight!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Solo said:
Sounds like you played the game like a bit of a wuss. Hiding in the closet? Running out the fire escape? Intentionally dying? Come on man, stand with your bro and fight!
Well...if DX had better gunplay...

Solo said:
Paul is invincible through the entire thing as far as I can tell. He kills the first set of MiBs and usually disappears once hitting the lobby.

Salaadin

Wait, what? You can stay there and fight with Paul? I feel so bad!! Why did i leave!!
And the MIBs that rush in capture you? I didnt get caught until fleeing and running into Anna Navarre down in the Subway. I wonder if its possible to kill her down there.

Salaadin said:
And the MIBs that rush in capture you? I didnt get caught until fleeing and running into Anna Navarre down in the Subway. I wonder if its possible to kill her down there.
The moment Anna walks in when you encounter Lebedev she becomes killable.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
mAcOdIn said:
I love some of these.

That scene was bad ass when all those dudes just drop into the courtyard, I just left the hacker without a gun, fuck him, love Jensen's cool "not my problem" attitude.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this scene. It's actually the highlight of the game, for me. Not taking down a single guy and sneaking my way out was so insanely gratifying.

Well time for a second play through.

I can kill people and set off alarms now, hooray!

Going to go for a strong jumpy, shooty, low hacking type.

Might try playing with object highlighting too.

ruxtpin

Banned
First aug. Upgrade your strength so you can place dumpsters and vending machines everywhere they don't belong.

Personally, I like blocking people into rooms, or just carrying a soda machine around with me as a portable - giant - piece of cover.

"Hey! Did you hear something? ... Nevermind, just a soda machine in my office."

Right now for my Augs I'm going for silent jumping, no fall damage, and high jumping. I've seen a lot of opportunities for that so far and it would make sneaking through rooms a lot easier.

I sort of regret getting cloaking because I'm the type of hoarder that won't ever eat an energy bar except against a boss or something, so I only ever have 1 energy cell to work with.

Aquavelvaman said:
Right now for my Augs I'm going for silent jumping, no fall damage, and high jumping. I've seen a lot of opportunities for that so far and it would make sneaking through rooms a lot easier.

I sort of regret getting cloaking because I'm the type of hoarder that won't ever eat an energy bar except against a boss or something, so I only ever have 1 energy cell to work with.
1 energy cell is plenty if you upgrade the duration all the way. That's what I roll with now and I'm finding the invisibility cloak to be incredibly useful. Upgrade the regeneration rate and it will be even more useful.

Dresden

Aquavelvaman said:

Silent jumping is useless, for reals. High jump + no fall damage is great, though.

Tbh I didn't get cloak because I prefer stealth the old fashioned way. The 'no alarms' achievement will never be mine, though. Lol.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Just completed Hengshai Tower.

WOW that was good.

The boss fight was piss easy, they didn't even hit me.

Gila

I know I'm way behind you guys, but holy

The first boss is fucking insane, scared the shit outta me

Any tips on how to beat this motherfuuu, I don't wanna scroll through 20 pages

luxarific

Nork unification denier
subversus said:
Just completed Hengshai Tower.

WOW that was good.

The boss fight was piss easy, they didn't even hit me.

Was trying to get the pacifist achievement,
so I just stayed in the duct and plinked every single person on that strike team with the tranquilizer gun.
Was very amusing.

Gila said:
I know I'm way behind you guys, but holy

The first boss is fucking insane, scared the shit outta me

Any tips on how to beat this motherfuuu, I don't wanna scroll through 20 pages
Throw the tanks in the room at him after stunning him with a grenade or the stun gun. You can also stun him first and then just head-shot him over and over with whatever guns you have. Just make sure to always leave some cover in between you and him and you shouldn't have much of a problem. Also, if you have the typhoon explosive system you can just use that over and over on him.

EDIT: Oh yeah and there are two small rooms in the corners of the large room where you fight him that have tons of weapons and ammo if you need them.

Police station: done. :lol

Now to get through the alley of scum bags. Oh, and figure out how to unlock the storage locker behind the police station :/

Bread

Banned
I fucking love the tranq rifle, I had the job of taking out
the 2 drug dealers at the basketball court, and I climbed up the fire escape of the apartment near them and took them both out. Felt good man.

Is there any tranq pistol in the game?

Holy shit. Completed the game and just... wow. Fucking brilliant game. The story and atmosphere were perfect and the gameplay was very good too. Only problem i have is that there is no REAL ending (were u can see Jensen afterwards). But overall i would say it was one of the greatest game i played since last year maybe even the greatest.

Bread said:
the 2 drug dealers at the basketball court, and I climbed up the fire escape of the apartment near them and took them both out. Felt good man.

That's how I dealt with them as well, only I did it with a silenced sniper rifle. Jensen didn't want to risk the chance of them waking up someday and coming after him for revenge.

There is no tranq pistol in the game, only the stun gun.

subversus

luxarific said:
Was trying to get the pacifist achievement,
so I just stayed in the duct and plinked every single person on that strike team with the tranquilizer gun.
Was very amusing.

yeah, my friend camped like that in police station shooting everybody when he was cornered by 10 dudes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
JUST BOUGHT IT!

LET'S GO!

Bread

Banned
The_Darkest_Red said:
That's how I dealt with them as well, only I did it with a silenced sniper rifle. Jensen didn't want to risk the chance of them waking up someday and coming after him for revenge.

That's disappointing, but I guess it's not a huge deal.

I am in love with this game so far. I can't wait to beat it so I can start it again with a sniper rifle like you used, that sounds fucking awesome.

subversus

The_Darkest_Red said:

I just threw gas grenade when they gathered in the centre of the room and took out 70% of them in one hit.

ToD_

Bread said:

I also used the tranq rifle at that part, but usually when I see only 2 (and this was no exception) I put one tranq in the head and take down the other. Just to save some ammo!

MNC

I'm seriously getting pissed at the black screens every now and then at the start of an FMV. Something about voltages; perhaps need to run my laptop at the max max instead of regular max.

One tactic I love using in rooms with two enemies is standing directly behind one enemy, shooting the other one, and then instantly hitting the take-down button. After the take-down animation both bodies fall at the same time and it just makes Jensen look so awesome.

Bread

Banned
ToD_ said:
I also used the tranq rifle at that part, but usually when I see only 2 (and this was no exception) I put one tranq in the head and take down the other. Just to save some ammo!
Yeah I do that with the stun gun, it's fun seeing the stunned guy just standing there while I take down his friend.

I beat this game twice on 360 and yet I'm considering trying to get my hands on the ps3 version, through borrowing or rental, just to play it again and get some trophies out of it.

JohngPR

Salaadin said:
Wait, what? You can stay there and fight with Paul? I feel so bad!! Why did i leave!!

Funny thing about that Anna boss fight.
I took out a rocket launcher and blew her to bits. LMAO

Gunther was heart broken and vowed revenge the entire rest of the game. Some guards even said they heard him crying. LOL!

subversus

I can't understand if it is for real or photoshop

tumblr_lqqzd6gFlK1qer56zo1_500.jpg

Salaadin

JohngPR said:

Gunther was heart broken and vowed revenge the entire rest of the game. Some guards even said they heard him crying. LOL!

I didnt take her out until after breaking out of jail. She was kind of a wuss there. I ran in circles and she eventually lost sight of me so Id peek around the corner and snipe her in the face. Rinse and repeat 6 times..

Swifty

JohngPR said:

I always like planting a LAM near the doorway leading to Lebedev's private room on his jet. You're just busy talking to Lebedev and then you hear your LAM go off coupled with a blood curdling scream and sloshing sounds.

Top Bottom