• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

wilflare

nemesun said:
Those who pre-ordered the augmented edition on GMG, how do you go about getting the Deus EX GOTY? I received the voucher code for it in the mail, but when I try to use it I get the "you can't use this voucher with this game" message.

can't be activated on Steam

I think I will wait a bit and see if maybe GMG can figure out if they can get us the TF2 stuff, if not I think I will go ahead and just buy the Engineer weapons and the Sniper Rifle.

grendelrt

nemesun said:
Those who pre-ordered the augmented edition on GMG, how do you go about getting the Deus EX GOTY? I received the voucher code for it in the mail, but when I try to use it I get the "you can't use this voucher with this game" message.

Go to GMG and add Deus Ex GOTY into your cart and use the voucher code in checkout.

Downloading on Steam at 6.5 MB/s, should be done in 18 minutes. This is why I love the new steam update.

Anyone know what time on Monday (EST) this will be available?

Mr_eX

I was on the fence but leaning towards pre-ordering this and then the TF2 pack was released yesterday and that pushed me over. I have it preloaded and am ready to go.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Just got from work and I have my code ready from GMG. I'm preloading right now and my hype level is going insane.

Awesome OT! Can't wait for this, and I am not usually into these games, really hated the second one when I played it (not big on first person games in general). That said this game looks great, I hope I enjoy this one.

RedSwirl

People who pre-order elsewhere can still get the TF2 items in-game right? I have a GameStop gift card that'll allow me to get the Augmented Edition for basically $10. Not passing that up.

Darkone said:
Any word on how long the game is?

Somewhere in the area of 30 hours.

Tallshortman said:
Downloading on Steam at 6.5 MB/s, should be done in 18 minutes. This is why I love the new steam update.

Anyone know what time on Monday (EST) this will be available?

What kind of dark magic are you using to get that kind of speed? On my Fios, I get 2.5ish, and I thought that was good!

graywolf323

nemesun said:

the voucher is for a copy of Deus Ex on GMG not Steam

edit: beaten badly

Keasar said:
There are two pre-order packs for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, one called Explosive Mission Pack and Tactical Enhancement Pack, including some exclusive weapons. My hope is that these weapons would be included for us Europeans from what I heard.
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex:_Human_Revolution_Preorder_Packs

I'm hoping us Americans get them as well >_> otherwise I might go the ebay route since I'm not sure I can wait

PaulLFC

EatChildren said:
A hundred fucks are given. But the pre-load is a nice enough bonus, and if worse comes to worse I can VPN to unlock the game early (I think).

Interesting... are there any downsides to this? i.e. can Steam detect the use of a VPN to play the game before the arbitrary release date (which is ridiculous for a digital product that's already available elsewhere anyway), and do anything about it? If there's no potential drawbacks I'm tempted to do this myself, that 3 day wait is going to feel like 3 years.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
PaulLFC said:
Interesting... are there any downsides to this? i.e. can Steam detect the use of a VPN to play the game before the arbitrary release date (which is ridiculous for a digital product that's already available elsewhere anyway), and do anything about it? If there's no potential drawbacks I'm tempted to do this myself, that 3 day wait is going to feel like 3 years.
As long as you don't purchase anything while using the VPN you probably won't have any problem, you are just travelling :p

x3sphere

PaulLFC said:

Well if you keep switching between your main IP and a VPN then that might look suspicious. But I don't even know if they care, as long as you aren't making purchases while on the VPN.

nemesun

I'm seriously hyped for this and a massive thank you to GMG. I wouldn't have touched this if it was $50, GMG made me break my "Wait a year" cycle.

MrCompletely said:
What kind of dark magic are you using to get that kind of speed? On my Fios, I get 2.5ish, and I thought that was good!

I get internet from Georgia Tech which one of my friends tells me is like among the top 5 fastest in the US. So yeah, I'm pretty spoiled with my internet speeds.

syoaran

I'm hoping Tracer's missions is available for free download after the game launches, realised the steam AG edition doesn't contain it.

Might have been asked before, but are the TF2 items live for Steam pre-orders already? Or we got to wait until next week?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
syoaran said:
Might have been asked before, but are the TF2 items live for Steam pre-orders already? Or we got to wait until next week?

They're live. The sniper rifle is boss. You can get them through crafts/drops as well.

oktarb

preload complete. Now I must wait.

Right click - no Play option. Arrrrggg!! i watz it now!

keyboardrage4ov.gif

syoaran

EatChildren said:
They're live. The sniper rifle is boss. You can get them through crafts/drops as well.

Yeah, I feel a combination of shame and pride when I say I cancelled my cheaper retail version for the Steam pre-order on the mention of "New TF2 sniper weapon"

Tacitus_

Oh yes, got my key finally :3

Had to peak at the achievements and this one caught my eye: Smash the State. I wonder if the mission ties into the NSF.

I was waiting until the end to try and figure out which to preorder...

...and I hope the Tracer Tong missions come to the game eventually, because Steam just got my money.

Horns

Wonder what are the chances of getting this early from a retail store are. I was able to score Borderlands 5 days early from FYE once, but the other few times I tried I was denied.

garath

Horns said:
Wonder what are the chances of getting this early from a retail store are. I was able to score Borderlands 5 days early from FYE once, but the other few times I tried I was denied.

Even if you get it early it won't matter. It requires activation on Steam and that isn't happening until 12:00am day of release.

Tacitus_

ctrayne said:
Might want to spoiler tag that...?

It spoils nothing since the subtext speaks about
helping an officer
<- still not a spoiler. smashthestate was the login for the NSF security computers in the first level of Deus Ex.

garath said:
Even if you get it early it won't matter. It requires activation on Steam and that isn't happening until 12:00am day of release.

If he got a PS3 or 360 copy he could play it, but he would have to deal with playing a game on console instead of the superior PC version.

garath

Gunmonkey36 said:
If he got a PS3 or 360 copy he could play it, but he would have to deal with playing a game on console instead of the superior PC version.

True true. I always forget about the console versions :)

Chiggs

Gold Member
So I just ordered an XFX Radeon 6850 for my desktop machine. Final price after rebate: $139.99, and that includes Deus Ex HR, Stalker: Clear Sky, Shogun 2, and possibly Dirt 3.

Is the downloadable coupon good for Deus EX HR day and date?

RedSwirl

Bullshit. GameStop isn't selling the Augmented Edition for PC at retail. I went ahead and spent the gift card hoping that the clerks just didn't know they were coming in (which usually happens). Anybody else get this?

Max

I am not Max
subversus said:
I'm fucking preloading DEUS EX 2.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
SAME.

:D

What a pleasant thing to wake up to. Look at me, getting all flustered over a pre-load

Top Bottom