• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lostconfused said:
I think Corky got it from D2D. Might want to ask him.

Aye I did, haven't gotten any key yet, I fear I won't be getting a key until release either. Maybe I'll shoot a question to the support.

MRORANGE

mikespit1200 said:
Crap, got my GMG key and no TF2 items. I sent a message to valve begging for them to give me some but I'm not hopeful.

would be interesting to get back a response from them about this.

I feel like a tool for even asking, but does anyone want to trade some of their TF2 items? I... sort of... already have a press copy of DE:HR.

I already bought the sniper and widowmaker ;-;

no I will not trade DE:HR for the items

Thanks guys. I won't have enough time to finish Deus Ex before Tuesday then. Things to do in weekends. DE:HR is a prequel so I'm okay skipping DE.

1stStrike

Banned
I've got this pre-ordered on steam. Can't wait to play it. My last day of work for the week is at 8 pm on the 23rd - so 3 days worth of Deus Ex time! (depending on how long the game is)

Ulchie

Banned
Qwomo said:
I feel like the wait is even more painful now that I have it preloaded.
I gotta agree with this one. Makes me all squirmy and stuff. This is so annoying. Stupid arbitrary retail release dates making us wait. Screw retail channels, let the retailers burn for all I care. Useless middlemen.

Gav47

x3sphere said:
Pretty sure you will get the Europe release date if that's where you're logged in from.

Steam doesn't seem to use the region of where the game is bought for unlocking. Reason I say this is because I live in NA, and had someone gift me a copy of Crysis 2 from Europe. Even though the European release came later, I still received it on the US date.
Okay.jpg

I guess this gives me time to go through the first Dues Ex.

Im pretty bummed about GMG owners not getting the TF2 items.

I was under the impression that you generally get promo items as long as the key is activated before release.

BannedEpisode said:
Im pretty bummed about GMG owners not getting the TF2 items.

I was under the impression that you generally get promo items as long as the key is activated before release.
Who gives a shit. I got Deus Ex 2 for 34€ with with 5€ extra credit! Can't argue with that, not even with hats and skins.

Danne-Danger said:
Who gives a shit. I got Deus Ex 2 for 34€ with with 5€ extra credit! Can't argue with that, not even with hats and skins.

Well I do.

Its a good deal for sure but I assumed it would be like some recent games where if you simply have the game activated on steam before release you get the items. Its not a huge deal but it is disappointing if you play TF2.

It would have been nice if they announced the promo a bit earlier as well. That would have given me time to switch if I wanted. I'm not really mad but like I said, its disappointing.

User33 said:
I think all the TF2 items become random drops after a week anyways.

Yeah they do.

But then they arent green and I have to pay for em with my hard earned metal.

I realize how I ridiculous this sounds

BannedEpisode said:
Well I do.

Its a good deal for sure but I assumed it would be like some recent games where if you simply have the game activated on steam before release you get the items. Its not a huge deal but it is disappointing if you play TF2.

It would have been nice if they announced the promo a bit earlier as well. That would have given me time to switch if I wanted. I'm not really mad but like I said, its disappointing.
I'm drunk. I wouldn't pay it any mind, it's just a shadow you're
Seein' that he's chasing.

Anyhow, yes, if you're into skins it's a bummer. But you can spend the money you saved on items! (if you can't just craft the ones you want already!)

Everyone wins, what a time we live in, eh?

Ulchie

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
They already are, people were finding them as drops and crafting them as soon as they came out.
I never understood why people would be upset about saving $20-$30 on a pre-order but missing out on TF2 items. Man valve really hit it big with some people on those items. I used to love TF2 but I would take a break every so often. Now I go back and the game isn't recognizable so I don't bother playing it at all. It's sad cause I really loved it the way it was before all this nonsense. All they really needed IMO was new maps.

Ulchie said:
I never understood why people would be upset about saving $20-$30 on a pre-order but missing out on TF2 items. Man valve really hit it big with some people on those items. I used to love TF2 but I would take a break every so often. Now I go back and the game isn't recognizable so I don't bother playing it at all. It's sad cause I really loved it the way it was before all this nonsense. All they really needed IMO was new maps.
It's great because it's still the same game and the new stuff really doesn't affect anything at all.

Ulchie

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
It's great because it's still the same game and the new stuff really doesn't affect anything at all.
There was an ebb and flow to the game that's a lot different now. It used to be my go to game for multiplayer if I didn't know what I wanted to play but now I just can't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another shot when I'm bored of my new games some time. There must have been a massive influx of terrible players to destroy when it went F2P.

Shurs

sladeums said:
KMart will have a $20 coupon and a free 8x10 print...
if you can deal with shopping there.
http://gamer.kmart.com/2011/08/save-game-4/

once again, going by chatter on CAG, it looks like KMart will be leading the pack w/ some of the best offers on the major releases in Quarter 4.

They did last year.

Pretty much every major title came with a $20 coupon during its launch week, so I was getting new releases for $40 each last fall.

I was going to play Invisible War to prepare for this... but I don't have time... and it sucks. Just a quick run through the original now this weekend! Excited!

Ulchie

Banned
SteveWinwood said:
I was going to play Invisible War to prepare for this... but I don't have time... and it sucks. Just a quick run through the original now this weekend! Excited!
Man, let me come to the world you live in where you can spare 15 hours in a single weekend to game. /sadpanda

Ulchie said:
Man, let me come to the world you live in where you can spare 15 hours in a single weekend to game. /sadpanda
It's just luck. Nothing socially happens to be going on (yet at least), and I just happen to not have hours at my job. The perfect storm if you will.

Top Bottom