• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Deadbeat

Banned
Robobandit said:
Files are encrypted and the executable is missing until it unlocks..
If the publisher is dumb and has it uploaded completely on another service you might be able to splice some files together. Case in point: Borderlands.

But I dont think Eidos is as stupid as Take Two.

RedSwirl said:
Bullshit. GameStop isn't selling the Augmented Edition for PC at retail. I went ahead and spent the gift card hoping that the clerks just didn't know they were coming in (which usually happens). Anybody else get this?

I pre-ordered the augmented edition for the PC at the store 2 months ago.. if they don't get it, I'm going to be pissed..

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Q8D3vil said:
just pre-ordered 4 copies from amazon for me and my buddies

You're a good man. I know a few peeps in real life who have done that to get this game's name across and looking forward to seeing their first experience of what Deus Ex is all about <3

Deadbeat said:
If the publisher is dumb and has it uploaded completely on another service you might be able to splice some files together. Case in point: Borderlands.

But I dont think Eidos is as stupid as Take Two.

The game uses steamworks.. everyone buying it will be getting the encrypted steam files.. retail, D2D, etc.

They should all be encrypted steam files. (D2D notes that the game requires a third party download to play.. which would be the steam client..)

I think what matters is what region you are in when you redeem the key.

my co-worker entered the key I bought from eatchildren and it started pre-loading on Steam and we're in the US.

RedSwirl

I'm also a little bit worried this game might not quite get the sales deserving of its caliber. Meeting a few too many people who still have no idea what the game is.

Deadbeat

Banned
JetBlackPanda said:
that is all well and good and I wish but all I currently have is a laptop.
Download the leak and see if it runs okay. If it runs okay then buy the game. Nixxes ported Kane and Lynch 2 and while it was an okay game it ran flawlessly.

zomaha

So glad I waited until the final week to start researching into the game...I'm hyped beyond belief.

I'm kicking myself for not playing the original years ago. I know what my mission this weekend will be.

ASilva

Neo Member
Marsipolami said:
Not feeling the hype at all.

Same here, didn't buy it yet though.

I'm really really hoping the game is amazing because it seems right up my alley but I have a feeling it will not live to peoples expectations and to the hype surrounding it. I have no idea why and I really hope I turn out to be dead wrong

Zeth

Does every PC game get page after page of pre-load talk like this?

Edit: nothing wrong with that, I think it's an interesting indicator of hype.

DaBuddaDa

ASilva said:
I'm really really hoping the game is amazing because it seems right up my alley but I have a feeling it will not live to peoples expectations and to the hype surrounding it. I have no idea why and I really hope I turn out to be dead wrong
In this case, the hype is justified hype, since most positive GAF impressions are from people who've actually played a lot of the game through the leaked press demo.

Zeth

I think I'm gonna preorder the PS3 version. Think the extras will be worth two excruciating transactions at Gamestop? I prefer to pick up games at target usually.

Robobandit said:
I pre-ordered the augmented edition for the PC at the store 2 months ago.. if they don't get it, I'm going to be pissed..
Gamestop is getting the Aug. Edition for the PC in but only for those who preordered it. The reservations for that was cut off days ago. You're fine.

" I think I'm gonna preorder the PS3 version. Think the extras will be worth two excruciating transactions at Gamestop? I prefer to pick up games at target usually.."

Then go Target if life is that difficult for ya?

Zeth said:
I think I'm gonna preorder the PS3 version. Think the extras will be worth two excruciating transactions at Gamestop? I prefer to pick up games at target usually.
I still don't get the hate. Maybe it's because I am in Canada and our stores are still called EB Games. I went to pick up El Shaddai and pre-order some games on tuesday. Had a short relaxed chat with the person behind the counter. Didn't really have any problems or frustrations.

Lostconfused said:
I still don't get the hate. Maybe it's because I am in Canada and our stores are still called EB Games. I went to pick up El Shaddai and pre-order some games on tuesday. Had a short relaxed chat with the person behind the counter. Didn't really have any problems or frustrations.

I agree, the guys at my Gamestop are awesome.

iavi

JetBlackPanda said:
that is all well and good and I wish but all I currently have is a laptop.

Yours can't be much worse than mine with a measly 8600gt. And the leak ran beautifully at 720p. And I'm sure they've tightened it even further since it.

Lothars

Lostconfused said:
They deserve all the hate they get because some EB's are fantastic and other's are trash, I have 5 eb's in my area and one of them is great, one is trash and the other 3 are not good but not bad.

wutwutwut

ASilva said:
This is probably the first time ever that the pre-release hype for a game's been substantiated.

PaulLFC

Well you learn something new every day. Reading the Steam thread, I didn't know Project: Snowblind was originally intended to be Deus Ex 3 until the sales of Invisible War convinced them to rename it. Makes me want to play it now. Demo downloading...

PaulLFC said:
Well you learn something new every day. Reading the Steam thread, I didn't know Project: Snowblind was originally intended to be Deus Ex 3 until the sales of Invisible War convinced them to rename it. Makes me want to play it now. Demo downloading...
It's actually pretty cool. And you can see a lot of similarities to deus ex. It's just a first person shooter.

Edit: It would probably suck to pay $60 for it. But as an interesting odity I think it's worth playing a couple of minutes.

I'm going to have to leave this thread well alone come next Tuesday as we in the UK (and all of EU) have to wait until Friday! Why must there be regional differences? Seriously, why!?

DSmalls84

Has anyone tried the preview build on a laptop? If so could you post specs and performance? Want to preorder this and preload but dont want to be disappointed if the performance tanks for me.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
DSmalls84 said:
Has anyone tried the preview build on a laptop? If so could you post specs and performance? Want to preorder this and preload but dont want to be disappointed if the performance tanks for me.
It would help more if you told us your laptop specs.

Gav47

I got someone to gift me this from the US store (thanks to Wilflare) will I get the Europe release date or the US one? Has anyone else had this experience?

Preloading is my favorite thing about Steam, I wish they could offer it on all games even if it was just one day ahead.

x3sphere

Gav47 said:
I got someone to gift me this from the US store (thanks to Wilflare) will I get the Europe release date or the US one? Has anyone else had this experience?

Preloading is my favorite thing about Steam, I wish they could offer it on all games even if it was just one day ahead.

Pretty sure you will get the Europe release date if that's where you're logged in from.

Steam doesn't seem to use the region of where the game is bought for unlocking. Reason I say this is because I live in NA, and had someone gift me a copy of Crysis 2 from Europe. Even though the European release came later, I still received it on the US date.

Top Bottom