• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

PaulLFC

mikespit1200 said:
Nah according to the GMG twitter we can't download until Monday night when the game goes live.
Seems either SE changed their minds or it's a bug, because the downloads are working now :)

If you've added it to your library, double click it and press preload, and it should start downloading.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
PaulLFC said:
Seems either SE changed their minds or it's a bug, because the downloads are working now :)

If you've added it to your library, double click it and press preload, and it should start downloading.

Oh, sweet. Thanks. Can anyone confirm if we get the TF2 items?

PaulLFC

mxgt said:
Aw yeah pre loading at 6mb/s

... too bad I can't play for a week. :[
Preloading at 150 kbps :( My brother's preloading his at the same time, seems his Steam's hogging the bandwidth :/ At least I have a few days to download it!

Now I have a question, because the game's preloaded early, does it mean us in Europe will get to play on Tuesday when the US do, or will we still have to wait until Friday?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So because I'm a huge moron dickhead pooface I went and got the US copy gifted (thanks stump) to make sure I get the game earliest, for no logical reason other than being an impatient child

This means I have a Steam code for Human Revolution from GMG that I dont need. It cost me US$28.80. I'll sell it for US$25. Any takers?

cackhyena

EatChildren said:
So because I'm a huge moron dickhead pooface I went and got the US copy gifted (thanks stump) to make sure I get the game earliest, for no logical reason other than being an impatient child

This means I have a Steam code for Human Revolution from GMG that I dont need. It cost me US$28.80. I'll sell it for US$25. Any takers?
Lemme ask a friend who might be interested.

EatChildren said:

I'll take it from you if it is available.

PM me your (paypal?) details and i'll send you the cash.

CaLe

EatChildren said:

I might be interested in purchasing it for a friend - What exactly is the disadvantage over the steam key ? How much longer would he wait ?

Are there any preorder discount codes for the 360 version floating around the net anywhere?

I dont need to have the game day 1 so waiting for shipping isn't a big deal, but if there aren't any online deals I'll just stop by one of the retailers and get it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Robobandit said:
I'll take it from you if it is available.

PM me your (paypal?) details and i'll send you the cash.
CaLe said:
I might be interested in purchasing it for a friend - What exactly is the disadvantage over the steam key ? How much longer would he wait ?

cackhyena got in first so I'll see whats up there, and if not Robobandit can have it, and if he decides not to CaLe can ask his/her friend.

No disadvantage as far as I'm aware. Its a Steam code. You enter it, it pre-loads (apparently now), and it unlocks when the game is good to go.

3chopl0x said:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think getting the game gifted from the US will unlock it earlier for you.

A hundred fucks are given. But the pre-load is a nice enough bonus, and if worse comes to worse I can VPN to unlock the game early (I think).

duckroll

EatChildren said:
A hundred fucks are given. But the pre-load is a nice enough bonus, and if worse comes to worse I can VPN to unlock the game early (I think).

You can, but if you stop using the VPN it'll be locked again. :(

Echoplx

EatChildren said:

Haha, yes I believe a VPN will work even if you don't have the US specific version :)

EatChildren

cackhyena said:
He's iffy on it, man. Thanks anyway.

No worries!

Well, Robobandit, if you want it shoot me a PM and we can go from there :).

I don't recall, but this team is planning on working on Thief 4, aren't they?

oh yeah you're right now that i look it up.

hopefully they've already shifted most of the team over to T4 and are working hard to get that in motion. the sooner they will be able to free up some people to start on a new Deus Ex. :)

Keasar

So it is confirmed that we GMG buyers wont get any TF2 items? That is a little sad, but more importantly, what about the Deus Ex:HR in-game items? Do we still get those (at least for us here in europe) if we bought the Augmented Edition?

graywolf323

Keasar said:
So it is confirmed that we GMG buyers wont get any TF2 items? That is a little sad, but more importantly, what about the Deus Ex:HR in-game items? Do we still get those (at least for us here in europe) if we bought the Augmented Edition?

no confirmation on the in-game items yet but I'm hopeful

jackdoe

Keasar said:
Haha. For the price I got Deus Ex at on GMG, I don't need any TF2 items.

EatChildren

Why dont one of you people who is pre-loading boot up TF2 and see if the items are there? If they are, you get the items. If they're not, you probably wont.

DTKT

Keasar said:

What in-game items? the GMG version doesn't seem to have any of the in-game items the console versions have.

nemesun

Those who pre-ordered the augmented edition on GMG, how do you go about getting the Deus EX GOTY? I received the voucher code for it in the mail, but when I try to use it I get the "you can't use this voucher with this game" message.

Top Bottom